The Plateau Chapter 2 Is Up!!!

The second chapter of the new fantasy series, "The Plateau", has just been posted, and I hope you guys enjoy it! The third chapter is ready for next Thursday night, and I'm working on the fourth, so I hope to get more to you soon. I've got characters to introduce, and world building to do, but I didn't want to slow down the pace with too much exposition if I can help it. So keep reading! And there's more to come your way soon! K?

HUGE thanks for the comments and likes on the first chapter! I've been smiling ever since! Hehehe!

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/the-plateau/

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Comicality said:

Whew...I thought somebody had a similar story idea at first! OMG, that would suck! I went through quite a few brain aches trying to do something different! LOL!

In fantasy, I have found, you won’t be able to help but possibly rephrase someone else’s ideas since fantasy is always built on mythical archetypes we all share. Each culture on earth has a belief system that revolves around the things that dreams are made of. Fantasies are merely dreams that we write down and flesh out for others to share. Each person’s view of that reality is their own and so, as long as it isn’t completely a copy of someone else’s work, then the idea will be original.

I will have to get back to my fantasy as soon as I finish up with Souvenir. It is a trilogy which seems to be a great way to write three acts of the same story. Tolkien wasn’t the one that started this he merely borrowed, as an author, what Shakespeare perfected from Greek formats for plays based in fantasy and myth. My fantasy is called The Thinning Veil if you’d like to see how I approached the genre. It is actually my first story and thus one of my dearest: 

https://gayauthors.org/stories/browse/series/the-thinning-veil/

Edited by MrM
  • Love 1
On 7/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, MrM said:

In fantasy, I have found, you won’t be able to help but possibly rephrase someone else’s ideas since fantasy is always built on mythical archetypes we all share. Each culture on earth has a belief system that revolves around the things that dreams are made of. Fantasies are merely dreams that we write down and flesh out for others to share. Each person’s view of that reality is their own and so, as long as it isn’t completely a copy of someone else’s work, then the idea will be original.

I will have to get back to my fantasy as soon as I finish up with Souvenir. It is a trilogy which seems to be a great way to write three acts of the same story. Tolkien wasn’t the one that started this he merely borrowed, as an author, what Shakespeare perfected from Greek formats for plays based in fantasy and myth. My fantasy is called The Thinning Veil if you’d like to see how I approached the genre. It is actually my first story and thus one of my dearest: 

https://gayauthors.org/stories/browse/series/the-thinning-veil/

Oh, of course. I expect all stories to share some similarities here and there. But I was hoping to really do something different with mine. Hehehe, so I'd be crushed if it was something that had all been done before. So I'm relieved.

• Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..