How to set up a series

Hello all!

I was recently sent a helpful message by one of the admin team about adding some of my very short stories together as a series and in it there was a link to a post by Myr concerning doing so BUT the first instructions are to click the "Add story" button and then to add said series via the "Add Series/World" button.

The trouble is I've only ever posted things through the "Create" button and try as I might I cannot find the "Add story" button so can someone please tell me how to find it?

Cheers and TIA,

SD

• Site Administrator

Click Stories on the red menu. Or Stories from the mobile menu. 

The "add" menu is right in center of page. It defaults to Add Story for authors but when you press it you can add other things. Such as Series or Worlds. 

• Site Administrator
2 hours ago, ShadowDweller said:

BUT the first instructions are to click the "Add story" button and then to add said series via the "Add Series/World" button.

The trouble is I've only ever posted things through the "Create" button and try as I might I cannot find the "Add story" button so can someone please tell me how to find it?

1 hour ago, ShadowDweller said:

But may I suggest that you add this nugget of information to your "How to" post please?

SD

The How to Post a Story FAQ directs you to use the "Add Story" menu and describes how to get there.  https://gayauthors.org/faq/stories-archive/author-questions/how-do-i-post-a-story-on-ga-r27/  image.png

We do not list the Create menu as an option because it can cause confusion to more technically disinclined people to have more than one way to do things. Other sections of the FAQ assume people refer to other sections of the FAQ  or are technically skilled enough to figure it out on their own.  We do not add everything everywhere in extreme detail because then that needs to be maintained.  Software changes constantly and we don't have the manpower to constantly update the FAQ especially in extreme details.