Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

How Should the CAP Saga End?

Seven real-time years went by. Damn. 

Mark has decided to do a bit of "prequel"-like action as he's announced a re-write of A Summer Love. I've always thought that if and when Mark catches up to present day he'll do prequels or stories that take place in years that weren't covered, i.e. 1996 and 1997 could be covered in a story that takes place between If It Fits and Bloodlines.

I'll be curious to see how Mark handles the transition to the Generation Z characters like Riley Danfield and Madison Graves because that generation is soooooo politically correct. He's also going to need to brush up on anime because that generation is obsessed with it. LOL

Edited by methodwriter85
On 8/11/2010 at 7:02 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I figure there's probably about three or four stories left, which will take us up to present-day and therefore end-time for the CAP saga. Three or four stories...I figure that will take Mark about another year, and then we say good-bye to the Cramptons/Schluters/Hayes for good!

Although Mark could concieveably do a story set in ever year of this past decade, but I doubt he's going to do that. I mean, there were some really boring years in the 2000's, like 2002 and 2007.

Thirteen years later...LMAO.

Oh, my sweet, naive 24-year old self. 

• Haha 4

Wow, I was just going through and looking at some of these suggestions, and it's kinda funny, knowing what we know now, and kinda sad that some of our favorites didn't make it. I think the most fitting end to the series I can think of would be the reading of JP's will. It started with a secret hidden in his grandfather's will, and what an appropriate finish. Of course, I wouldn't dream of thinking  I was near qualifed to actually suggest something to Mark, but I think it would complete the circle, so to speak. 

• Love 3
On 6/9/2023 at 12:35 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Thirteen years later...LMAO.

Oh, my sweet, naive 24-year old self. 

You’re not a twink anymore. 😃

15 hours ago, Jkeeletupelo said:

Wow, I was just going through and looking at some of these suggestions, and it's kinda funny, knowing what we know now, and kinda sad that some of our favorites didn't make it. I think the most fitting end to the series I can think of would be the reading of JP's will. It started with a secret hidden in his grandfather's will, and what an appropriate finish. Of course, I wouldn't dream of thinking  I was near qualifed to actually suggest something to Mark, but I think it would complete the circle, so to speak. 

That’s a really intriguing idea.  Noted. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/14/2023 at 12:04 PM, Mark Arbour said:

You’re not a twink anymore. 😃

That’s a really intriguing idea.  Noted. 

I honestly prefer being 30-something as opposed to 20-something. Although I miss being able to party until 3 A.M. in the morning and not needing the entire next day to recover. LOL

I did think JP dying would make sense as the end point of the series. I already have JP's funeral song picked out:

Or I could rip off the ending of This is Us:

Edited by methodwriter85
On 10/29/2011 at 12:00 PM, Mark Arbour said:

People change. Maybe Zach will turn out to be a good guy. Posted Image

Where is the "flying pig" emoji when you need it?

It is funny to read all the bad predictions from 2010-2011 in this thread. No one foresaw who might die on 9-11, Will moving to Menlo, Wade & Matt in Boston with JJ & Tiffany, the Granger crossover storyline, the drama of Black Window, etc.

I still think Florida is flat and ugly, San Francisco is possibly the most European city in the U.S. and that the only legitimate reason to leave CA is financial. When you are uber wealthy, the expense of CA is merely an annoyance. It is the working wealthy and middle classes that get squeezed and are moving to FL, TX, NV and other low tax states.

7 hours ago, PrivateTim said:

It is funny to read all the bad predictions from 2010-2011 in this thread. No one foresaw who might die on 9-11, Will moving to Menlo, Wade & Matt in Boston with JJ & Tiffany, the Granger crossover storyline, the drama of Black Window, etc.

I had an entire 2001 through 2006 JJ figure skating career timeline worked out with Daisy, a former figure skater. She was pretty awesome to work with. We loosely modeled it on Evan Lysacek, who was similar in having a "late" start to figure skating for someone that reached elite levels.

We worked together for 4 years- it was pretty fun.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 2:10 AM, PrivateTim said:

I still think Florida is flat and ugly, San Francisco is possibly the most European city in the U.S. and that the only legitimate reason to leave CA is financial. When you are uber wealthy, the expense of CA is merely an annoyance. It is the working wealthy and middle classes that get squeezed and are moving to FL, TX, NV and other low tax states.

I did love though that JJ realized he really fits in with New York City.

Although I kind of always pictured at one point JJ will come across some East Coast snobby intellectual douchebag who dismisses JJ as some dumb blond California airhead, especially when they realize that JJ isn't interested in college.

• Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 1:02 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I honestly prefer being 30-something as opposed to 20-something. Although I miss being able to party until 3 A.M. in the morning and not needing the entire next day to recover. LOL

I did think JP dying would make sense as the end point of the series. I already have JP's funeral song picked out:

Or I could rip off the ending of This is Us:

The divine Joni would be my choice. But perhaps Amelia or the wonderful Song for Sharon… 

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..