Notification Oddity

Go to solution Solved by Wayne Gray,

Hello,

It appears I'm not getting notifications for my followed authors when they post new stories, blog posts, or anything else outside of their comments on my posts. I am getting notifications for club activity, and those are the only notifications I get when someone posts outside of commenting on my posts/work (I'm still getting notifications for those). I checked my settings, and Notification+Push is selected for followed members. I went back to 13 November 2021 in the notification list (as far as it'd allow) and have only received the above notifications (club and on my posts/comments). Nothing for new posts by those I follow.

A recent example is the poem by @Mikiesboy. I rechecked, and I am following him and have been for a while.

https://gayauthors.org/story/mikiesboy/tims-bits-and-pieces/81

This is following me across multiple IP addresses and both Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks for any help troubleshooting.

Edited by Wayne Gray
  • Site Administrator

A couple of things.  Check your Followed Content as well.

image.png

Following a Member (from their profile) and Following an Author (From their Story Listing) are two different things.  Under the Managed Followed Content in the Stories Section, check for "Story Author".  You can then verify if you are following whom you think you are following. 

I don't recall for certain, but I think following the member profile alerts you to member type things (Status, posts), following Story Author alerts you to new stories and following a Story alerts you to new chapters.  But you can see exactly what you are following and what the settings are in the Managed Followed Content section for that type of content.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, @Myr.

I took a look at Manage Followed Content, and checked to make sure I'm set to be be notified from those folks' content. It's set for "Immediate Notification" on all of them. I followed this link to get there.

https://gayauthors.org/followed/?type=core_member&change_section=1

If I'm supposed to do this somewhere else, please let me know.

I am perfectly happy to get all of their notifications for everything they post (I used to). If I get more examples of the issue I'll provide them.

Thanks again.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Wayne Gray said:

am perfectly happy to get all of their notifications for everything they post (I used to). If I get more examples of the issue I'll provide them.

I will look into it.  I am not aware of any global issue with notifications.

• Like 1

Weirdly ... I got notification from kbois' comment on her story. But I just followed her today (I thought for sure I had already, and I'm missing lots of others I thought I had followed as well), so maybe I'll unfollow everyone and follow them again. Feels a little like wiggling the rabbit ears or slapping the side of a picture tube TV, but I don't care if it works. I'll let you know if that's the case. 🙂

Here's the comment I mentioned - the one that worked.

https://gayauthors.org/story/kbois/spirit-wolves/3#comment-503878

EDIT: I tried it. I unfollowed everyone and refollowed them. Now ... I wait.

Edited by Wayne Gray
  • Like 2
  • Solution

There we go. Unfollowing/refollowing did it. I got 11 notifications, and a lot of them included tim replying to his poem comments.

REALLY odd. But it's working now. 🙂

Thanks for the time.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

There we go. Unfollowing/refollowing did it. I got 11 notifications, and a lot of them included tim replying to his poem comments.

Thanks for the time.

Computers...

• Haha 2
  • Site Administrator
On 12/15/2021 at 10:40 AM, Wayne Gray said:

Thanks for the time.

Things still working?

• Like 1