Imagine Magazine Question For 8/12

best-served-cold

I mean...when you've been treated unfairly or done wrong...how can you NOT want some payback? You know? Somebody hurt you! Spread lies about you! Betrayed your trust and deliberately hurt you! WTF??? What did you do to deserve that, you know?

But...is revenge you thing? When it comes to payback, do you actively strike back and make SURE that the people who fucked you over pay for what they've done? I mean...shouldn't they? Do you go seeking revenge? Do you feel that harsh consequences are justified? Do you throw their bullshit right back at them? Why or why not? Let us know your thought process when it comes to revenge. How do you feel about it? Will it really solve anything? Or maybe...it'll solve everything!

Thoughts? Talk to us! I'd love to hear your take on this! So chime in whenever you get a chance.

If somebody goes out of their way to take advantage or try to mess me up emotionally? Yeah...that can be a harsh blow. Especially if it's someone that I trusted. I mean, you guys know me already, hehehe...I'll go to the ends of the earth for the people I care about. I'll invest as much time and energy as I possibly can to make sure that they're ok. So, to be betrayed or tossed aside by the very people I tried to embrace and protect...it can really suck sometimes. Such is life. I mean, nobody's perfect, but there's an extra, deliberately applied, amount of 'suckage' involved in that situation. Like...you have to CHOOSE to screw me over at that point. It's not a life or death situation where, "Either Comsie can get mauled by the bear, or I have to sacrifice it all in order to ensure my own survive!"

No. You're just a selfish asshole who tossed me under the bus because it was convenient. And that's not cool.

But revenge?

You know...there was definitely a time when that would have been my main priority in life from that moment on. But I've honestly moved on from that kind of thinking. Weird, right? And I know that we all have a sense and desire for 'justice' in our lives...but I find myself just kind of backing away from the whole situation these days, no matter what it may be. Because we all have to pay for the things we do, and karma never loses an address. So I just move on and leave them to deal with that stuff on their own. Once somebody purposely screws me over when I've been nothing but a friend to them? We're done. I'm not holding a grudge, I just do my best to stay away from the bad stuff. And from bad people. Period.

So, no. I'm not big on actively trying to get revenge. It's a waste of time, and it makes them look like the victim. Nope! Just know that I was willing to be a good friend and a shoulder to cry on whenever you really need one. And now, you fucked that up. The best revenge is to simply remove yourself from somebody else's life and send them searching for somebody else to take my place. Start from scratch. Good luck. You know?

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..