Why I still love the X-Men despite the decline in movie quality

Yeah, still a fan. The first film was the best for me. It just seemed to capture the X-men vibe and humour perfectly.  However, i still watch them all.

• Love 3
  • Site Administrator

Disney has issues, so it is highly unlikely a movie starring them is going to be anything other than a lecture about how evil Deadpool and Wolverine are and how Mary Sue can do it better and faster with no reason whatsoever than she's a woman. 

This is, of course, basing it on the crapshow string of movies since the sidelined the Marvel Creative Committee and focused on The Message™️instead of good stories.  (starting with that pointless Captain Marvel Sue stand alone movie, where they totally gimped the BAMF Nick Fury. Should have been a Black Widow movie since she was a character we already enjoyed with an earned history of being a bad ass.)

We are likely to keep getting crap from Disney until Bob Iger is terminated. Of course even South Park has called Disney out on this. Probably a bit over the top, as South Park tends to push it to the extreme, but you can't unsee the pattern once you know about it. See Star Wars. See Marvel since Captain Marvel Sue.

While I obviously like seeing Gay characters, FanFiction belongs in FanFiction and canon should be left alone. Be creative and create new well-rounded characters.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1