Hmm, here's my take-on as to why Cam's mother left: She and her lesbian lover Christine decided that they couldn't stand it anymore, and moved to Canada to get married. Christine, at the time, had just gone through a traumatic event of seeing a young boy die, and couldn't stand the site of little boys. Because of that, Cameron's mom decided that she should stay by Christine's side, even though it meant leaving Cam with his dad. In the note she left to Cameron's dad she wrote that she will definetly be coming back to get Cameron because she loves him so much, but she has to leave because of him. This is why Cameron's dad became so mad. After 12 years of intensive therapy, Christine got over her phobia of children, and the couple is looking forward to raising a child, but first, Cameron's mom felt obligated to go and ask him for forgiveness, and even hoping he will move with her to Canada. (or maybe I'm just insane?)

This is my post, written in the forum right after Cameron's mom came into the picture. Of course, I now know that she actually moved to Sweden with her, and ended up breaking up with her because she missed her son, but it's still a fact. Her name is Christine (though some think it is Mary).

A very interesting theory! It would also explain the animosity between Mr. Hayes and Cameron's Mom.

Definitely! I'm hoping there's some serious lesbian action in the next chapter!

BRING IT ON, BABY!!! :2hands:

And, this just gives more credence to my theory that Vance has been masquerading as a TOTALLY HOT 22 year old boy, and is really a 65 year old lesbian .....

Definitely! I'm hoping there's some serious lesbian action in the next chapter!

BRING IT ON, BABY!!! :2hands:

:blink::blink::blink:

And, this just gives more credence to my theory that Vance has been masquerading as a TOTALLY HOT 22 year old boy, and is really a 65 year old lesbian .....

:blink:

Ummmm... Given the Lesbian reference above, I have the same theory, but it's not about Vlista! (it's about a certain writer with a forum entitled "Stone Grotto".) :lmao::lmao:

Ummmm... Given the Lesbian reference above, I have the same theory, but it's not about Vlista! (it's about a certain writer with a forum entitled "Stone Grotto".) :lmao::lmao:

Well, an upstanding member of GA will be taking this Buddha out to eat at an Ethiopian restaurant next Monday, so I'm sure he'll be happy to confirm that I am NOT a 65 year old lesbian ... but to the best of my knowledge, no one has actually seen VLista in the flesh (well, except for Sam, but he doesn't count :P ... although he's certainly seen A LOT of flesh ...)

So, until my theory is disproven, I'm sticking with it ... ;)

LB

Well, an upstanding member of GA will be taking this Buddha out to eat at an Ethiopian restaurant next Monday, so I'm sure he'll be happy to confirm that I am NOT a 65 year old lesbian ...

Hmmmm? Perhaps you will be wearing a disguise, and thus trick the aforementioned upstanding GA member into aiding in your ongoing deception? :whistle:

Seriously though: Have fun, and have a great meal!

but to the best of my knowledge, no one has actually seen VLista in the flesh (well, except for Sam, but he doesn't count :P ... although he's certainly seen A LOT of flesh ...)

So, until my theory is disproven, I'm sticking with it ... ;)

Ummmmm, Buddha, by that standard, isn't almost EVERYONE here at GA a 65 year old Lesbian? Including you, (at least until until Monday?) :lmao:

Just kidding, Buddha... Enjoy your Ethiopian meal, too! I must admit, I'd never heard of Ethiopian food until Ch 23 of SOOTB, but now I'm determined to try it one of these days. I checked, and much to my surprise they do have them in Phoenix, the nearest large city to me (150 miles away).

Edited by C James
Why would someone think that being a Lesbian would cause you to leave your family? :blink:

Kitty

Well Kitty, I could be putting my foot in it (again) but here's my rationale for my guess (and it really is just a hunch)...

- She married Cameron's Dad to get away from her family which suggests to me that she didn't love him (not that he comes across as all the lovable to begin with)

- She travelled the world to find herself which suggests that the life she'd established for herself was lacking something significant that she didn't see herself finding in the location and situation she was in.

- She didn't use he\him when she described her lover, which can either be a hint or simply vague. She's desperately trying to re-establish her relationship with Cameron and MAY be hiding her orientation until she has established a foundation with Cameron.

- I can't see anyone (although I'm sure it happens) just saying "well, I'm bored and I really need to get out and see the world" and abandoning her family out of the blue. There had to be something significant she was searching for to leave the stability she sought when she married and a sweet kid like Cameron.

- We haven't had any fights or abuse discussed that would suggest martial problems, and even so, I would want to take my kid with me if that was the case.

- Her and Mr.Harris not liking one another doesn't signify anything as we've seen plenty of evidence that Mr.Harris can find lots of reason not to approve of people and approve of actions most of us would find repugnant (Cameron's Dad's treatment of his son, his views on Cole's suitability to look after his mother, his reaction to Cameron's step-mom's family at the funeral, Cameron's Dad actions at the hospital and his lack of concern at the assault on Cameron (which is particularily puzzling for a police officer)).

Or she could also simply have been immature and self-centred and that was the reason she abandoned her husband and child.

Like I said, it isn't a strong conviction but more of a hunch... I guess I'll have to wait for a few more Friday's to find out! :D

Steve

Why would someone think that being a Lesbian would cause you to leave your family? :blink:

Kitty

God, how many gay men end up leaving their wives when they finally realize or accept that they're gay? I faced this myself and decided I love my wife way too much to even think of leaving her, and vice versa (see my post in LB's forum), but this is far from the norm. Why should it be any different for a lesbian? True, it takes a lot of guts to leave your own child, but in most cases it seems it's the straight partner who keeps the kids. I wouldn't doubt that Cam's father's hatred of him stems from his disgust at knowing his wife was a lesbian.

God, how many gay men end up leaving their wives when they finally realize or accept that they're gay? I faced this myself and decided I love my wife way too much to even think of leaving her, and vice versa (see my post in LB's forum), but this is far from the norm. Why should it be any different for a lesbian? True, it takes a lot of guts to leave your own child, but in most cases it seems it's the straight partner who keeps the kids. I wouldn't doubt that Cam's father's hatred of him stems from his disgust at knowing his wife was a lesbian.

But Cameron never really came out to his dad...I mean, he pretty much never had a dad. I don't remember if he said he never came out to him, or it was unmentioned, but I don't think he would tell his dad he was gay anyway. Not to mention that Doug started acting like an ass when Cameron was 6, and at 6 you can hardly tell if a boy is gay.

LESBIANS RULE!!!!! :2hands:

Lesbians DO rule!! :great:

Hmmmm? Perhaps you will be wearing a disguise, and thus trick the aforementioned upstanding GA member into aiding in your ongoing deception? :whistle:

Seriously though: Have fun, and have a great meal!

Ummmmm, Buddha, by that standard, isn't almost EVERYONE here at GA a 65 year old Lesbian? Including you, (at least until until Monday?) :lmao:

Not me; I haven't been a lesbian since last Thrusday. :P

God, how many gay men end up leaving their wives when they finally realize or accept that they're gay?... Why should it be any different for a lesbian?

True, think of Carol and Ross from Friends :P:boy: Seriously though I'm sure a wife's lesbianism is very likely to create marital strain.

It may be a tad fanciful, but I'm still allowing for the possibility that she's a lesbian too. I just think it's ashame she left Christine for Mary only to discover that Mary was really a fugitive drug overlord.

-Kevin

• 2 weeks later...