Harry Potter Exposed!

JSmith

The Associated Press

LONDON (Jul 29, 2006)

Daniel Radcliffe will lose his Harry Potter glasses and robes -- and maybe the rest of his clothes as well -- for his London theatre debut next year.

The 17-year-old actor will star as a troubled stableboy in Peter Shaffer's Equus.

The boy blinds six horses with a metal spike and in one well-known scene experiences sexual ecstasy while riding naked on a horse.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...l=1112101662670

Anyone up for a trip to London to see this!?

OH OH!!! I wanna go! However, I doubt that they would show 'anything.'

I will have to make sure that I see this film though!

What is the movie about, besides a boy riding a horse while being naked and have an orgasim?

Kurt :D

Darn.. <_< I guess we really would have to go over there to see it. <_<

As for what else it's about... who cares!?

Hmmm... I guess you are right about that. :P

Kurt :D

I saw a production when I was on my boat in Key West. The young man who played the part there was exposed. It is a play well worth seeing if it is playing in any stock theater near you. Of course to see Dan you do have to go to London. Hmm I fly thru london on my way back to the boat.. doubt if my tightening budget could afford a stay in London and tickets though.. Pax Steve

I saw a production when I was on my boat in Key West. The young man who played the part there was exposed.

I've never heard of it being performed any other way. I saw it on Broadway years ago. Seems like the guy was nude for a major part of the play.

Interesting. a couple of days ago i was looking at pics of Daniel Radcliffe, and i came upon this photo. it seems to be a pic of him. but i could very well be wrong. Its a very nice pic if i do say so myself, regardless of whether its him or not.

a VERY nice pic of Daniel Radcliffe

if that pic is a glimpse of what im going to see in the play. im booking my ticket to london, and that play now.

:D0:)

oh... look what i found. at DanRadcliffe.com

There have been many rumours circulating about Dan's involvement in the upcoming production of Equus. Although Dan originally did not accept the role due to timing constraints, I am incredibly over-the-top to finally confirm that Dan will indeed be playing the role of Alan Strang in this play after all. Dan sent this message to me for our readers:

"I'm really excited to be part of this production and thrilled to be working with Richard Griffiths again. This is obviously a huge departure for me as an actor, but Equus is such an amazing play that this really was an opportunity not to be missed.

Rehearsal starts in January and I am very much looking forward to working with Thea Sharock who is an incredibly talented director. I only hope I do the role justice."

Peter Shaffer's Equus first premiered in 1973 in London, England and won a multitude of awards. Equus focuses on the relationship between seventeen-year-old Alan Strang (Radcliffe), who has blinded six horses with a spike, and Martin Dysart (Griffiths), a middle-aged psychiatrist who tries to figure out what drove Strang to commit the crime.

Shaffer based the plot on an allegedly true story told by a friend about a young man who blinded a stable of horses. The play itself is quite complex, interwoven with symbolism, underlying truth and meaning, passion and madness. It is not suitable for a younger crowd.

Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon in the HP series) will be playing the part of the psychiatrist, Martin Dysart. Thea Sharock will be directing the production with rehearsals beginning in January 2007.

I know there is much speculation about the possible "nudity" involved in some of the scenes, but there have been various renditions of this production without nudity as well. None of that has been determined as yet. This is a production of great emotional and psychological magnitude, it's not about nudity (and contrary to uneducated reports, the entire role is not in the nude!!!!). There are of course graphic sequences within the plot, but again, remember, it is not real - it will be acted. PLEASE - do not go nuts in the comments about it - explicit comments will be deleted.

Tickets for this production are NOT available as the theatre has not yet been selected. Once a theatre has been selected we will announce it on the site. The play is set to open some time in Spring 2007, perhaps with previews as soon as mid-February, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

Edited by Objectivist

I'm surprised that would even be legal, considering he's underage and would be portrayed in a "sexual" way. I'm surprised his parents would even let him do that ...

:blink:

In England the age of consent is 16, so by law he is not underage. So even if his parents didnt like it, they can really stop him since he is legal. The difference in law hace come into play in movies before. the English move "The Hole" was never released in the US because kiera Knightingly was 16 in that move and there was a scene she was topless. US Censors said no. But yea, in england the age of consent is 16, can buy alcohol at 16, but some movies you have to be 18 to watch, haha. Half my family lives over there (my mom is english). I love it there. the environment is so much nicer and easier going than it is here.

Jon