Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Northern Exposer/Granger Fans

You will be missed. Thanks for the notice.

I hope you can your well earned rest and renew your spirits and gain inspiration. You are remarkable. You have devoted much time to this story and have kept our attention. Granger has come alive. Too many writers give up and cannot maintain the pace or get lost in the details. Maybe the HMS Victory and those who interpret for you will give you some new and useful ideas as you suggest.

• Love 4

I will be thinking of you and hope you have a really good visit to my homeland. I too am off to Blighty staying on the cliffs near Lizard Point, Cornwall, next to The Lookout Station which overlooks the entrance to the English Channel from the Atlantic and where 19th century tea clippers would be spotted coming home and messages signaled to the owners in London.  A few yards away is the wooden “shack” whence Marconi had the first transatlantic call.  It is now an eye-wateringly expensive holiday rental.  A shame.

i and many await news of Granger in patient silence…. Not sure that’s true!  Happy hols, mr A.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 5/15/2023 at 1:18 AM, centexhairysub said:

Have a wonderful time, everyone needs time to rejuvenate and get some me time.  Hope the trip is all you could hope for and you and your traveling companions have a great time...  

Flying Take Off GIF by Airbus

What a lovely message.  Much better than I could have said.    Oh well, we can do cold turkey together 🤗

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just seeing this. I need to figure out how to get notifications for new topics in this forum. 

Awesome news about your vacation plans  If you're planning to visit Brighton (and I highly recommend that you do), make time to visit the Royal Pavilion to get some perspective on HRH the Prince of Wales. Unless you've seen it already...no one should be subjected to that monstrosity twice. Haha. 

Edited to add: My husband, who is from Brighton, describes it as England's San Francisco: very hilly, very hippie, very gay. 

Edited by impunity
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
9 hours ago, impunity said:

Just seeing this. I need to figure out how to get notifications for new topics in this forum. 

Awesome news about your vacation plans  If you're planning to visit Brighton (and I highly recommend that you do), make time to visit the Royal Pavilion to get some perspective on HRH the Prince of Wales. Unless you've seen it already...no one should be subjected to that monstrosity twice. Haha. 

Edited to add: My husband, who is from Brighton, describes it as England's San Francisco: very hilly, very hippie, very gay. 

20 + yrs ago I went with my new partner to Brighton and had after Sunday lunchtime pub drinks with friends of a friend.  Tapas were provided but what I didn’t see was that the British Airways steward host was refilling my partner’s glass behind his back. At three we left, me sober as I was driving, Paco declaring “I Love Brighton” , and then the nightmare of getting an absolutely pissed guy back to London without him doing a “Brad Schuyler” out of the window…. Not been back since. But still together which is something..   Brighton is dangerous but wonderful.  Xxx

Edited by Gary L
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Gary L said:

20 + yrs ago I went with my new partner to Brighton and had after Sunday lunchtime pub drinks with friends of a friend.  Tapas were provided but what I didn’t see was that the British Airways steward host was refilling my partner’s glass behind his back. At three we left, me sober as I was driving, Paco declaring “I Love Brighton” , and then the nightmare of getting an absolutely pissed guy back to London without him doing a “Brad Schuyler” out of the window…. Not been back since. But still together which is something..   Brighton is dangerous but wonderful.  Xxx

@Gary L, there's an object lesson in there somewhere but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. 😀

• Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..