For those kicked out of house, who took you in?

KetchupCola

Hi.

I recently got kicked out of my parents' house due to my admitting my homosexual tendencies. I now residing with my aunt.

The fact that she has taken me in has caused a strain between her and my parents.

Has anybody had a similar situation?

And for those who got kicked out, who took you in?

Hi.

I recently got kicked out of my parents' house due to my admitting my homosexual tendencies. I now residing with my aunt.

The fact that she has taken me in has caused a strain between her and my parents.

I had never been kicked out, but I'm so sorry. I heard of people who stay with friends (where their friends were okay with it) and also relatives.

While staying with your Aunt is causing a strain between her and your folks, if she is willing to bear the the strain and she is happy to have you there, you should stay there guilt free.

If my neice, any of my younger cousins, or ANY child of a family friend were EVER kicked out of a house due to their homosexuality, I would take them into my home in a heartbeat. Also, I would relish the opportunity to tell their folks what horrible parents they were for kicking out their own child.

Talk to your aunt. If she is loving and compassionate enough to take you in, accept her help.

Take Care,

Vic

Hi.

:hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult situation, Ketchup. I don't really have any similar stories to relate; however, I would like to take this chance to tell you that things will get better. Never feel like you have to go through this alone. Reach our to your aunt and your other friends who are supportive, and rest assured that if you ever just need some where to vent GA is an excellent place. I recommend looking into making your own blog or perhaps visiting Live Chat, these are great resources for finding support and comfort.

:hug: take care and I wish you the best. Please let us know what happens.

Kevin

It's a really hard thing to write or talk about.

The street is a meat grinder that does awful things to kids. Screw the internet: the streets are where the real predators are. Internet predators are scared pussies hiding behind their computers- they are amatuers. To street predators, it's their profession.

Street predators look for homeless kids- the fresher, the better for their purposes. For their games to work, they need a toxic mixture of innocence, naievity and desperation.

They'll come on like a long-lost pal or Mother Teresa. They'll feed you, put you up- maybe give you some bucks. To a scared kid on the street, a friendly, helpful face appears to be just what they were praying for. This is the seduction- this is how they get in the door. Once they get to know you and gain a modicum of trust, that's when they set the hook.

They will use your needs against you- your need for food, a place to stay or money. They'll use one or several tactics to get at you: a) they'll try to get you in their debt, B) they will provide something that you need or c) they'll try to get you addicted to something that they can use to control you.

Once they've got their hooks in you, they own you.

If you've got a safe place to be, stay there. Even if you have to swallow your pride, bite your tounge, whatever. The alternative is something that you don't won't to know about and may not survive.

It's a really hard thing to write or talk about.

The street is a meat grinder that does awful things to kids. Screw the internet: the streets are where the real predators are. Internet predators are scared pussies hiding behind their computers- they are amatuers. To street predators, it's their profession.

Street predators look for homeless kids- the fresher, the better for their purposes. For their games to work, they need a toxic mixture of innocence, naievity and desperation.

They'll come on like a long-lost pal or Mother Teresa. They'll feed you, put you up- maybe give you some bucks. To a scared kid on the street, a friendly, helpful face appears to be just what they were praying for. This is the seduction- this is how they get in the door. Once they get to know you and gain a modicum of trust, that's when they set the hook.

They will use your needs against you- your need for food, a place to stay or money. They'll use one or several tactics to get at you: a) they'll try to get you in their debt, B) they will provide something that you need or c) they'll try to get you addicted to something that they can use to control you.

Once they've got their hooks in you, they own you.

If you've got a safe place to be, stay there. Even if you have to swallow your pride, bite your tounge, whatever. The alternative is something that you don't won't to know about and may not survive.

I think that anybody with half a brain knows this. Maybe not the details but certainly that the street is a very bad place for a kid. This is why I can't understand parents such as mentioned by both KetchupCola and Rob that actually try and force their kids to be on the street by puting pressure on whoever shelters the kid. That I think is criminal.

I agree with everything that everyone has posted. You should stay with your aunt. She is obviously a strong and kind woman. She can handle herself. Quite frankly, I would imagine that she is probably close to cutting off the relationship with your parents because she is ashamed of them. She has unconditional love, that can not be replaced with anything. My best advice would be to support her as much as she is trying to support you. Try to be strong and contribute to your knew household, you may find a golden nugget in all this. I would suggest making sure that you secure a job with benefits so you can contribute financialy, if she will accept it, but most importantly, with benefits with a job comes the opportunity to seek counseling at an office visit price. I think you should look into that and let a professional help guide you through this very upsetting time. Adversity will either break you or make you, it all depends upon the tools you are open to use. A therapist can do wonders, beleive me I know. Also, keep coming here for support, you will find many people willing to talk with you and you will develope friend who will be compassionate and will understand you. Keep your chin up, ride high and be proud of who your are. You are the only one who can define "you."

Feel free to PM me or IM me anytime you like. I have counseled many teens in your situation as a youth director.

Your New Friend,

David :wub:

I think that anybody with half a brain knows this. Maybe not the details but certainly that the street is a very bad place for a kid. This is why I can't understand parents such as mentioned by both KetchupCola and Rob that actually try and force their kids to be on the street by puting pressure on whoever shelters the kid. That I think is criminal.

Most adults know this but many kids are very sheltered- espically in religious homes that go to extreems like not having TV and home schooling. This is the most typical demographic of a home that would kick out a kid because of his orientation. Many of the religions that bill themselves as the most family centered are the worst in this regard- the LDS immediatly comes to mind.

Apparently Focus on the Family should focus on thier own families.

You are right- it is a crime to throw a kid out for this very reason but it's one of the many laws that isn't uniformly enforced.

Hi.

I haven't been kicked out yet, probably due to the fact that I haven't come out to my mum yet. Hell, I'm not even sure what I'd come out as. But I've talked to people that do know, and I know that if I was kicked out, I'd have somewhere to stay.

Hey Ketchupcola

I am sorry for the situation your in :hug: but i honestly feel your better off with your aunt than with parents who would treat you this way because your gay. I'm sure many people unfortunately have gone through similar things to what your going through and many people here will understand how hard it is so you should talk to people if you need to almsot everyone here is willing to listen if you need someone. I do know what it is like to be forced from your home and i do know what it is like living on the streets and i knew that at 13 and i'm the same age as you are now and I would do anything to keep mself off the streets again. They should be your last option. Stay with your aunt whilst she is still willing to keep you in and take her help until you can manage on your own. Hope it works out.

Mark

It really sucks to have that rejection but is so good that you have your aunt. I worked most of my professional life in so called child welfare and can assure you if you can stay out of the system and with family it is usually the best choice. I raised my neice and nephew(cause their mom died not due to orientation.. i was the queer one). I bet your aunt will do ok. Does she have kids? Do You all have other supports. Hope you can find that cause it helps. Other youth support stuff is usually pretty good.. good luck. Pax Steve

I totally agree with Jamessavik, in that the streets are dangerous. Everybody knows that, but teenagers are still desperate, and at least 2 or 3 a week come to London UK and end up on the streets.

Social Services and Care are also not very good.

It is best to stay with family or with friends of your own age.

However, if you are desperate, in England, try the Albert Kennedy Trust Link They MAY be able to help.

Red

Hi KetchupCola,

So sorry to hear your (and some other people's) experience being kicked out. I can't say I went through something as terrible as that, but I did start living on my own when I was 13. I was lucky to have a roof over my head and the means to support myself, but some people I know weren't, and the stories I hear confirm what many have already mentioned about life on the streets.

I guess you are lucky in a way to have someone like your aunt to fall back on, and I do hope that she will continue to be supportive and caring despite tensions with your parents. Again, I agree with others that being kicked out says more about your parents than about you. You were honest to yourself and to them, but they still live in denial, and hence the strong (and poor) reaction. If they were real parents who really cared and loved their son, nothing would change that relationship.

One thing I've learnt is that sometimes the closest family may not be those you have the closest blood ties with...it may be a friend, a distant relative, or someone you just met. And home is not necessarily where you were born into, but somewhere where you feel comfortable and loved. And that is the most important thing in life: being comfortable with yourself and finding and being with people who love you for who you are. Just remember that whatever happens, you are not alone, and there will also be a way out, always be just something or someone around the corner to make terrible things less so.

please take good care, and be true to yourself,

David

I told my family I was BiSexual over thanksgiving dinner. Everyone but my dad took it in stride, had good comments, and wished me the best of luck. That sort of thing. My dad walked out of my aunt's house (where it was held).

I told my family I was BiSexual over thanksgiving dinner. Everyone but my dad took it in stride, had good comments, and wished me the best of luck. That sort of thing. My dad walked out of my aunt's house (where it was held).

:hug: I hope he's doing better now. That's great that the rest of the family took it so well! :) Hang in there, hopefully after he's had more time he'll be okay with it. Also welcome to the forum :D

Take care and have an awesome day!

Kevin