"Gift of the Snow Queen" by B1ue (Gabriel Cruz)

Guest Kitty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

A beautiful story. I really felt for the characters, they were so realistic. I especially liked the ending -- the sort of complex interactions and decisions that make us human.

Thanks, Gabriel!

I really like the story and how it's written. I like the way how the follow-on sentences help to give quick witted and unexpected information (like "a good kisser and better in bed"/ "hoping to surprise him, and instead I was the one shocked")

The Anderson quote at the beginning really seems to describe Khayyam's feelings, but I suspect by the end of the story his "lump of ice" was beginning to thaw! :D Love and jealousy can really make people do strange things... Sounds like you can really develop this into a longer story! 0:)

The first few paragraphs gave me a whole "Cruel Intentions" Vibe. If youve seen it you'll understand. Shining little story about the complex reactions and in more deeper area's complex actions the form our world. IIve never seen that approach before B1ue, it was surprising and fresh!

Let me know if you plan on continuing, as I'd definately be interested in reading more

Steve

Thank you all for both reading my story and paying me so many compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm glad my attempt to do something a little different didn't fall flat. And because I didn't think to thank her when I sent in the piece, I'd like to right now say thanks to Lucy for editing.

I'm not at the moment planning a serial with these characters, partly because I don't feel I'm up to the task of writing one yet, but msotly because these are going to be my "anthology" characters. There's only one other story, originally written for the Halloween anthology (but finished too late), and the beginnings of another couple stories, that exist for them. To be honest, I haven't quite figured them out yet, so a serial is definitely beyond my reach right now. But, maybe someday.

--Gabriel

Guest Book Wizard
Thank you all for both reading my story and paying me so many compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm glad my attempt to do something a little different didn't fall flat. And because I didn't think to thank her when I sent in the piece, I'd like to right now say thanks to Lucy for editing.

I'm not at the moment planning a serial with these characters, partly because I don't feel I'm up to the task of writing one yet, but msotly because these are going to be my "anthology" characters. There's only one other story, originally written for the Halloween anthology (but finished too late), and the beginnings of another couple stories, that exist for them. To be honest, I haven't quite figured them out yet, so a serial is definitely beyond my reach right now. But, maybe someday.

--Gabriel

This story was so wonderful to read. I could really feel the emotions of all of the characters. I know you said this wasn't going to be a serial. But, I think that it would be nice to read some more about these characters and what goes on their lives. Keep up the good work and hope I can be able to read more of your work.

Roger

Georgia, USA

--Gabriel

If these are going to be your anthology characters, we're in for some awesome anthology entries :worship::worship::worship: Thanks again for the great story, Gabriel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I trust your reasons for "not being up to the challenge" have nothing to do with your skills, storyline nor character growth. All these you have displayed immeasurably. I can only hope you reconsider. This is a facinating vignette. I would truly enjoy hearing more from Khay. more please