Now Chapter 8 is some of the most realistic, nuanced writing I've read at GA. Characters who talk in real ways with all sorts of possible subtle implications in their words...

Not to mention a chapter that's heartwarming in its understanding of true friendship between so many people on so many levels.

--Rigel

At last! chapter 8! :lol:

woooow.........its soooo realistic. at a time when I have resigned myself to Eddie staying in the valley forever. I know that the problem between eddies dad & joe went back a loong time but I just never knew how deep it is. whew...I didnt see that conversation with mom coming. yea, I can understand Eddies being afraid. he never even let himself thought about leaving the valley. until now...until after mom had made it clear that eddie needs to live for himself.

dunno what to think about eddies dad though. he seemed nasty :thumbdown: but I heard stories from his mom & grandpa that hes very deep inside a kind guy. how deep? thais is really out of the line since he actually vandalized joe & elijah's home. I mean, theyre still in mourning!

well, good to see that granddad finally put his weights somewhere it could actually be felt & defended Joe & Elijah. Anyway, Im really interested int he way this story is going. It seems right now theres a silver line on the black cloud that hung over eddies head. a way out. a way to happiness he never even dared to think before.

Keep the good work dan! :great:

Rad

At last! chapter 8! :lol:

Keep the good work dan! :great:

Rad

The word I use most in my comments is "amazing".

Sorry to have to use it once more for this chapter :2thumbs:

The story is now coming to an happy end. DK, you are really a good author. Your characters are "live" and the mood in this story is so "soft", in contrary to your "science fiction" stories. I like both kinds, but I like even more the fact that you are a master in both.

Take care, go on and let us be happy to read.

Old bob

Dan is an awesome storyteller and I'm glad he trusts me to be a part of the team. This story, while so different from his other offerings is still 100% DK! :worship:

(yes, Trebs, I know you don't want us to inflate his ego since you have to live with him, but you gotta understand - we only get to worship him from afar :funny: )

This chapter was the best yet IMHO.

I especially liked the realistic nuances and character development, intertwined with backstory. Some of the little touches, such as the use of "swather", really bought home to me the rural feel.

The way Eddie softened regarding college and approached Danny about it was heartwarming, and well portrayed.

Great Chapter!!!

I really like it.

The comparisons between you and Dom are unfounded. You are both great writers in your own right, and your writing styles are different.

After reading the 8 chapters of The Bully, I have decided to read your other stories, and currently I'm enjoying "Do Over."

I'm looking forward to seeing more of The Bully :2thumbs: