Production Script or Reading Script

Obex

Hey everyone. Ok, I keep getting flak on my script format :P , so here's the deal.

Excerpt from Denny Matrin Flinn's book 'How not to write a screenplay' pg 22-23 paperback.

"...there are two kinds of screenplays:reading and shooting. When your writing a screenplay make it readable. This is especially good advice for a writer working on spec and hoping to sell the thing. Later, if the film goes into pre-production, the screenplay will be boarded and budgeted. The production draft will have continued and scene numbers and other esoteric things that writers tend to like, as it gives them a feeling of being in the business, instead of on the outside with thier nose pressed against the window. But you are trying to sell a screenplay, so make it a smooth read...." "Not to long ago all screenplays read like production scripts, with lots of close-ups and camera angles and scene numbers. Clearly the style today avoids camera talk to concentrate on story and character. Perhaps writers have finally realized that directors and cinematographers will do whatever they want anyway."

Thank you.

Hey everyone. Ok, I keep getting flak on my script format :P , so here's the deal.

Excerpt from Denny Matrin Flinn's book 'How not to write a screenplay' pg 22-23 paperback.

...perhaps writers have finally realized that directors and cinematographers will do whatever they want anyway."

Thank you.

Hey Obex :2thumbs:

Dont be angry :wacko:

Look at my age .I'm old style ! Here in Europe, writers and directors work as usual together to get a script which could please a producer !

The comment of your book is correct, but you and me, we are not in the same film industry :P

Hey Obex :2thumbs:

Dont be angry :wacko:

Look at my age .I'm old style ! Here in Europe, writers and directors work as usual together to get a script which could please a producer !

The comment of your book is correct, but you and me, we are not in the same film industry :P

All hail reason! :worship: