Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Enoch

Author
  • Posts

    1,978
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Enoch

  1. People say money is the root of all evil, but that's not true. Money itself does nothing. Well I guess it could grow in an interest bearing account or disappear in the stock market. No, money isn't what's evil. It's the want of money, the lust for it, that's evil. And here it seems, lust won out over good intentions.
  2. Well, Roger had to make about 4 trips back and forth. They just cut it too close and forgot about Roger. Times are changing some, and this story is taking place just a couple of months ago. In fact, the story may catch up to real time by Christmas. Sorry about the Kleenex. Thanks for the awesome review!
  3. Thank you Conner
  4. Okay, minor point, they are 15, not 14. Sometimes raw emotions makes you forget about other people and the situation you're in and where you are. Not, just being horny. But scared, hurt, in pain. I think the way I did it, made the story a little better and fun to read. Maybe, I'm wrong. I don't know how much you know about the Appalachian Mountains of Eastern Kentucky, but there is a lot of kids here that don't have anything modern. The war on poverty never made it here. The area has up to three times the national poverty rate, an epidemic of prescription drug abuse, the shortest life span in the nation, toothlessness, cancer and chronic depression. But everywhere in these hills, there are also young fighters filled with courage and hope. http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=6865077#.TuAMz1bnv4U The actually town that this story takes place in is named in the above article. CD's are the norm for music here. Not everyone is poor, but even in cars, most stereos uses cds. I guess I still have 250-350 cds still, don't you? But give Andy a chance to buy stuff for Joey. He did say until he got his own stuff. And who knows what the Banks will do for him too. Also, Andy never said what type of set-up he has now in his bedroom. Only what he wasn't using anymore. As for Andy having his own room, as a Judge, Andy's father travels a lot. The Banks were like a second family. And if you remember, Andy went through a very bad time after his mother died and wanted his space. By saying he was familiar with the room, doesn't mean he always slept in it. But I have a feeling he'll want to now I hope I answered your questions. Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a review. It means a lot to me.
  5. Thanks Wayne. Anything worth anything is worth going slow and savoring it. I won't drag it out, but there still a lot to come. Thanks for the review and all the help!
  6. Chapter 8 New Beginnings Joey and I slid into Mr. Banks’ truck for the ride home from the hospital. Joey got in the front seat, and I in the back. It wasn’t unusual for Uncle Steve to fill in when dad had something else going on. For as long as I can remember, I’ve called Roger’s dad Uncle Steve and his mom Aunt Alice. However, just as I had adopted the Banks, Roger called my dad Uncle Sam. I used to laugh at dad being called that when I found
  7. It's a sad situation. However, I cannot form a wise opinion on it, because even after reading the article, I can't know everyone's true intentions. I know we have to have strict laws on this issue to prevent it from becoming some sick nifty slave story. Yet couples like you and Mike should have an opportunity to have children, like I want for myself and my future husband or any other couple that has the means and love to offer a child, but are unable to have one. I'm really glad baby Q, Mike, and yourself weren't directly touched by this. Your lawyer appears to have gotten herself caught up in something she didn't intend to. But when the red flags were popping up, she chose to ignore them. Too bad. For I really feel her intentions were good and her heart was in the right place. That's how I feel without having all the facts.
  8. Enoch

    Chapter 7 Discovery

    Thank you Lisa, but please feed the kids the dogs can wait a little longer, mine do sometimes And thank you for reading and leaving a sweet and thoughtful review. It means a lot to me. It also encourages me to write more. I just hope I can meet expectations, others and my own.
  9. Enoch

    Chapter 7 Discovery

    Awwww Love you too Joey!!! Thanks for the review!
  10. Enoch

    Chapter 7 Discovery

    Thank you very much for your kind review. In small towns, men in similar positions carries a lot of weight. The sad part is, all too often they use their station in life to personal gain instead of helping others as they should. I think you'll enjoy the next chapter as we'll get a look into Joey's state of mind. Again, thanks for taking the time to read and comment!
  11. Enoch

    Chapter 7 Discovery

    Thank you Wayne. A lot of action is ahead indeed. I hope you guys aren't forgetting to click the "like it" link That is if you like it
  12. Enoch

    Chapter 7 Discovery

    I totally understand your feelings on the song. Generally, I agree. However, I wanted a song that would match Andy's feelings at the moment. And to be honest, this song nailed it. Yes, I could have used some other means of getting that point across, but I didn't want to. I wanted this song. So I used it. I hope you forgive me "Slapstick" can be funny and I'm glad it worked. As the judge, I think he'll be playing a key role in things to come Thanks again Conner for your kind words and encouragement
  13. Enoch

    Chapter 7 Discovery

    Thank you Tom! I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it. And if fit exactly the way Andy was feeling. He's ready to forget the world and be with the one he is falling in love with. If a fifteen year old can know what true love is, I think Andy does. And may you and Ross have many many more dates and dances
  14. I enjoyed the first chapter and looked forward to reading more
  15. Chapter 7 Discovery Deputy Robert Mason, known by all as Deputy Bob, stood waiting patiently for Judge Collins to finish. He had worked for years with the judge and respected the way he handled not only the cases before him, but also the people he worked with. When Judge Collins finished talking to those he was sitting with, he signaled for Bob to come over. “Sorry to keep you waiting deputy. I appreciate you giving us time to finis
  16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM!!!! Have an awesome day!
  17. Thank you everyone, I think I got it now
  18. I am so looking forward to the next 4 chapters
  19. Thank you Nephy!
  20. Yeah they were bleeding. Thanks Michael!
  21. I need help from someone with knowledge of medical terms so I can have a Doctor give a verbal report to a Judge of his examination of the boy below. In addition to the below injuries, the boy also has slight fractured rib that is months old. Roger took a look at Joey’s back seeing the dark patches of blood vivid against his pale shirt. Roger looked back, his eyes wide as he nods and fell in behind us. I started unbuttoning his shirt. I took my time so I wouldn’t pull on the shirt in anyway which could hurt him more. That’s when I noticed all the red welts, plus the purple and yellow bruising on his chest and stomach. I tried to be real careful pulling his shirt tail out of his pants, but I caused him to wince just by tugging on his shirt. The sharp intake of breath alerted me to just how much pain he was in. When I got the shirt off his back I nearly puked. There were bleeding welts across his back like someone had taken a belt and tried to beat him to death. With just a glance, I could see not only the dark bruising, the welts and blood, but also evidence of other beatings Joey had taken. I knew for Joey, I had to get my act together or I was just going to make things worse. So I pushed breakfast back down and turned Joey back around to face me. Getting up to follow, I looked back at him and saw that indeed it was one of those gowns. But my excitement over my discovery was tempered when I saw the back of his thighs. They too were scarred and bruised like much of his back and tummy. I had to swallow back the bile rising in my throat. This has been a roller coaster ride of a day so far, that’s for sure.
  22. Enoch

    Chapter 6 Safe Haven

    Thank you Tim for many reasons. I'm really glad you like the story. Most of your questions will be answered, some sooner than others. However, you are correct about the Bible-Belt, more so in rural areas like the hills of Kentucky where change comes a decade later than other parts of the country. Thank you for reading the story and taking the time to leave a review. I hope the rest of the story lives up to all the reviews and the rate of mistakes continue to get better. Thanks!
  23. Enoch

    Chapter 6 Safe Haven

    Thank you for pointing out the TJ/JT problem. It is JT for James Thomas. It has now been corrected. I'm glad you like the story and took the time to add a review and be helpful as well. Thanks!
  24. Enoch

    Chapter 6 Safe Haven

    Yes, I'm afraid life is full of ups and down. But with the support of love ones, we can still make it a happy ending. Thank you Conner. I'm working on the next chapter.
  25. Enoch

    Chapter 6 Safe Haven

    Yes, Judges in small communities have a lot of influence. It's good for Andy too that his Dad, the Judge, is a good man. Not to mention how much it may mean to Joey's life. Maybe this is a turning point for Joey. But, I have a feeling that life won't be boring for these two. Thanks Nephy for pointing out the mistakes along with your overall review. I admit I rushed to get this chapter out before the Holiday here in the States. Please don't blame my editors.
×
×
  • Create New...