Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Little brother, Grandmothers are like that. You will always be too thin. And she will provide love like you can not even imagine. I know; that is what grandmothers do. Mine is now 95; I am almost 50. Andy, she still thinks I am too thin. I am happy for you little brother, and yeah, you are taking a brave and scary step. Just remember always, you have our love. I am so happy you liked this chapter. And I couldn't help eavesdropping - yes, grandmothers are wonderful. Mine was Irish, but the pattern seems to hold. Thank you for reading this chapter, and I hope you enjoy the next.
  2. Glad you thought it was good. Thanks for reading this chapter and for your support!
  3. Yeah, it's lovely watching this crazy life unfold, isn't it? Thanks for hanging in there!
  4. Parker Owens

    Chapter 61 Dash

    March 27 – Monday More bad dreams last night. More torment from Dad, and a guest appearance from Uncle Ray, who held Zander down in my dream. At least Zander didn't wake up when I sat up in a cold sweat at two in the morning. Could I really be the beast my Dad was? Should we get married, or should I ask Zander to call it all off? Because it's happening. It's really happening. It hit me like a freight train today after school. I'm getting married on Friday. This Friday. As in, four days from n
  5. Parker Owens

    Guilt

    You have done a masterful job of building both anguish, and tension, while at the same time constructing a fascinating relationship between Phil and Tait. Of course, we all want to see more...much more. And most of all, we hope to see Tait heal. Thanks for this wonderful chapter.
  6. Aren't' they? And this one was especially so. Thanks!
  7. Well, poor old Mrs.Marjorie managed to recover from the shock of it, but Andy finally managed to surprise her. I think you are right in that Andy especially needs to marry Zander to feel rooted and connected in a way nobody else seems to recognize. And Zander surely loves Andy. Thank you so much for your encouraging and kind review. Hope the remaining chapters are enjoyable.
  8. Parker Owens

    Journey

    Thank you, Emi. As I said, this was a challenge to write, but really worthwhile. And it really is very hard - I shiver to think how many almost-burned bridges I may need to re-cross. I am glad this touched your heart.
  9. First, thank you for your very kind and generous review. That you appreciated what happened here made the writing of it worthwhile. Second, Monica is gasping because I think she was the first to spot a facial resemblance between uncle Allan and Andy. She must have seen something that Andy couldn't place more definitely. CPS may or may not have grounds to harass Andy, at least until uncle Allan can prove his relationship, and file the necessary paperwork. That should be a formality, but it will take time. Ms. Chandler has probably already blown herself up; Judge Harrison will have seen to that, though Andy can't see that. Thanks so much for reading Andy's journal and I hope you enjoy what remains of it.
  10. Parker Owens

    Journey

    I really wrestled with using the passive inert phone as the focus of the first part of the poem. You picked up (sorry no pun meant) on its use and metaphor exactly. I had Shubert's 'Erlkonig' playing furiously in the back of my mind as the father drove to his son's bedside. You were completely right; this was a daunting, but worthwhile challenge. Thank you for suggesting it.
  11. Parker Owens

    Journey

    Thank you. For some reason, I felt the father's part very strongly here. How hard it would be to realize how stupid one's differences were at that moment over the phone. As AC can attest, this was not an easy task.
  12. Parker Owens

    Journey

    Thank you Tim - there are times when I know I've badly screwed up, and I want to be able to take it all back and make it right again...kind of felt that way writing this.
  13. Parker Owens

    Journey

    I am glad it wasn't unclear what I was writing about. My first drafts were pretty vague. Thank you very much for your thoughts.
  14. Parker Owens

    Journey

    Thank you, Oxala. This took me a long time to figure out.
  15. Upon the table mutely sits the phone, attached by antique cable, copper thread, connecting lives uncounted to the world. The uncomplaining instrument awaits an electronic pulse, a message sent through ether or by labyrinthine wire. Obedient to physics, holding on for fickle man until the instant comes: a call, design and purpose to fulfill. Yet silence reigns, the darkened house is calm. But now it blares aloud into the night. Quiescent dreamless sleep is torn apart, and every mo
  16. Thanks very much for continuing to read Andy's journal. I think Andy feels he wants to do this. He's actually making events happen for the first time in his life. Hope you enjoy what's left!
  17. I herewith unsay all my suspicious remarks about Matty. For now. He was gentle and patient with Chuck, and worthy of the trust David seemed to have in him. Chuck was apparently very fortunate. David, on the other hand, is going off the deep end. He'll wind up hurting Twoey very badly, along with his own brother, while antagonizing a very dangerous foe. No, I'm rather annoyed at David just now for abandoning Twoey, Ginny and everyone else. He'll wind up alienating the very people he loves best. This was a great chapter. Thanks for ending it with something positive - looking forward to watching the other characters develop.
  18. You a so very good to re-read parts of the story to get bits and pieces to fall into place. Garrett will probably look after the property issues for Andy related to his father's death. This will take a very long time to settle, I imagine. Allan said they'd get together in the summer; I would expect that to happen when the State Department lets him have a vacation. For Andy, marrying Zander is not a means to an end. Rather, he firmly roots himself where he had no roots before. The Question that has been repeated can both prompt thought and it can goad. Andy has been goaded quite a lot. I really appreciate your thoughtful and carefully crafted review. I hope you don't have to tackle so much again for the next chapter.
  19. Glad you have enjoyed reading so far. Andy is surely anxious still, but he knows Zander loves him. Thanks again!
  20. Oh, my. I think that makes me happy . At least Nonna was not as fearsome as Andy thought. Thanks for reading!
  21. I am so very happy you loved Nonna Costanza. I really enjoyed writing her character parts. The 'are you sure' question must be hard for the boys to hear over and over and over, though. What might make the boys okay in marriage is that they clearly will have family support as they start out together. Thank you for reading, and I hope you like what is left to come.
  22. Garrett is worried for the boys, but that's all. The dream/fear has Andy much more anxious and unsettled. But double teaming the clerk at the county offices was fun, and I'm glad you picked up on that. And surprising Mrs. Marjorie meant giving her the first shock she's had in years. I am so happy you found so much to enjoy here. Hope you like what's left to come in Andy's journal, and of course I thank you for reading!
  23. Parker Owens

    A to Z

    I am very happy you liked what you have read so far. Ambrose Whitley clearly did his investigation well. Eustace would not have wanted to leave the farm long enough to accompany Ambrose. At this point in the journal, Andy's heart must be pounding like a snare drum in his chest. Hope you could feel some of that. Hope you enjoy what remains.
  24. Andy is a great hearted person, who responds to love naturally. And he wants no spotlight, just to be married to Zander. But you are right: he has very little clue about the actual traditions and trappings. His worries about the wedding are very different to what many others have. Hopefully he and Dr. O'Shea can talk some of those out. Thanks very much for continuing to read the journal; there's a bit more yet.
  25. Thank you, Tim. Concern from everyone, will (I hope) translate into support and maybe even a little life coaching when things get chippy - as we know they will. You're right that Andy's worries are different. Mrs. Marjorie and Nonna Costanza both seem really happy, and in their different ways, supportive. The Nonna character was a particularly fun one to write. Hope you like what's left of Andy's journal, and thank you so, so much for reading!
×
×
  • Create New...