-
Posts
19,079 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Parker Owens
-
Thanks for being so kind and civil Thanks for putting up with my drivel May today be a day for your love and may everything wonderful prove. To everyone here on GA I wish a Happy Valentine's Day.
-
Well, there's a lot in many of the characters here to find disagreeable - Jackson's immaturity and self pity; his parents' transparent attempts to corral Jackson into something like wholesomeness; the behavior of Coach Tate and Principal Welker which seemed to make combustible situation ignite. I can sympathize with Jackson's parents while at the same time looking askance at their approaches to their son's actions. There has to be more to Jack than boredom. In any case, Jackson's parents will hardly believe protestations of innocence from their son (how many times has he actually been innocent?). The guileless Luke is still likeable - but Jackson will need something stronger than parental coercion to form a bond of friendship between the two. The fight will certainly hurt Jack's standing in school, whatever else may happen. Could he be headed for a stint of homeschooling? Thanks for an eventful chapter! And of course, I want more. Much more.
-
I read this on Valentines Day. Colin and Kenneth seem wonderful together. You tell their story beautifully, succinctly and very romantically. Kenneth was so sweet to draw Colin out this way. And perhaps it was a bit of a conspiracy, wasn't it? Wonderful, wonderful story.
-
I'm very glad you liked the idea of the rings. It was worth the extra time to get the engraving done, I guess. Marriage is Andy's solution, and it's imperfect. But perhaps it will work out, as some do. And yes, Monica walked smack into the 'boys do get married' bit...thanks for noticing! Ambrose's appearance will surely scare Andy. His pulse must be quicker than anything a drummer could manage. Thanks for your reactions and thoughts. Hope you like the chapters of Andy's journal that remain.
-
Andy found a solution that may not be ideal, but it's his solution. It's so important at the end of tags, he stepped up to propose it...and to propose. Zander isn't completely perfect, as Andy may have once thought. As you say, Zander is vulnerable, too, sometimes. Thanks for your reflection, and for reading this chapter of Andy's story.
-
Authors live for a couple of things in reviews - the phrase "More, please!" and "Holy Shit!" (or words to that effect). Thanks very much. I am glad you are enjoying the story, and I appreciate your encouragement. More importantly, I hope you enjoy the remaining chapters of Andy's journal.
-
Mike- I am glad you found this chapter to be exciting, and I do apologize for being exasperating from time to time. You are most kind to say you were never bored. We all knew that Andy's other-named past would catch up with him sooner or later. In the person of Ambrose Whitley, it looks like the time is now. Andy must be in full panic mode right about now. Thank you for your very kind thoughts. I surely hope you enjoy the remaining portions of Andy's journal.
-
To My Love for Valentine's Day
Parker Owens commented on Mikiesboy's story chapter in To My Love for Valentine's Day
This surely one of the best Valentine's Day poems written. Your beating heart my precious song... you sing of closeness, of harmony between two souls, and I want to sing that song too... I am your lover, your gift... you make us all want to give to our loves, to those who complete us. Thank you for expressing so beautifully the music and melody of love in this poem. -
Ambrose sure surprised the heck out of Andy. He must feel he's back in one of his bad dreams. I am happy you liked this chapter and I hope you enjoy the remaining sections to Andy's stories.
-
Your words are most kind and generous, and I surely appreciate them. The great thing is that there are many much finer authors in GA than I - they inspired me in the first place. I am very glad you like what you have read so far. Andy has experienced quite a lot, hasn't he? I thank you for reading Andy's journal, and I hope enjoy it's remaining chapters.
-
I feel badly for Owen, like many of the others. But the parting was going to feel bad for both CJ and Owen anyhow. Perhaps CJ is right and he understands what distance will do. But his crankiness can't all be jetlag. And maybe Owen will turn up in DC in eight months (when it's Summer again) and have forgotten all about CJ. Fat chance of that - CJ appears to be an unforgettable character. So much happening in DC, it's exhausting getting caught up after a wonderful sunlit vacation. So when are you taking us on a cruise, Carlos?
-
Well. Thanks for calling me a 'stinker...' I think. As I said in other reviews, this seemed to be a good place to rest in what would otherwise have been a dreadfully long entry. The last thing I'd want is anyone to be bored with Andy. Andy's heart rate would probably alarm an ER right now...Ambrose picked a swell day to show up. Andy will continue this entry on Tuesday. Thank you very much for your remarks and reactions, and I hope the rest of Andy's story is enjoyable, too.
-
Your remarks reflect how I interpreted Monica's thinking. If the family is behind Andy and Zander, then family solidarity may help prevail against any ill winds that blow. I am very sorry to have hung you off the cliff, but I am touched to hear you say you would put up with a mega chapter anyhow. Thanks for your interesting thoughts about Ambrose's reappearance. I hope you enjoy the remaining parts of Andy's journal.
-
The rings appear to have gotten lost in the shock of Ambrose reappearing. They are beautiful, though. Ambrose has probably sent Andy's hear rate spiking through the roof. And yes, I think Monica and Garrett know Zander when he's made a definite decision. Your own story makes me very happy, too. Thanks for leaving your reactions. I hope you enjoy the remainder of Andy's story.
-
I am very glad you are enjoying this story, and that you liked this chapter. I am very sorry for leaving you hanging. I ask your pardon. Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, and I hope you will enjoy the remainder of Andy's journal as much as you have done so far.
-
As in other reviews, I apologize for the cliffhanger. I didn't think anyone wanted to plough through a very, very long chapter. This seemed to be a good place to break. Well, perhaps Monica and Garrett have seen how much the boys are good for each other, and how much they are in love - and chose not to fight this battle. Or maybe it hasn't hit the adults fully yet. Something about them convinced Fr. Brewer, anyhow. Ambrose sure chose a swell time to make his reappearance. Surely Andy's heartrate just spiked!
-
I'm glad you were as taken aback by Ambrose's reappearance as Andy was; his blood pressure surely rose pretty quickly. I'm sorry to have had to leave you hanging. This was a long entry, and this seemed like the right place to stop. Truly. Many thanks for your reflections, and I hope you enjoy the remaining parts of Andy's story.
-
Many thanks for your very kind note. I appreciate your encouragement immensely. You are most generous. I hope you continue to enjoy the remainder of Andy's story.
-
Right off, let me apologize for leaving you hanging off the proverbial cliff. Sorry; it was a natural place to stop in an otherwise long entry. It didn't seem right to inflict a 10,000 word chapter on Andy's long-suffering readers. Ambrose's reappearance certainly spiked Andy's blood pressure - and he must have done quite a lot of legwork to find him. There must be at least some information floating out there...but in any case, I really thank you for your many thought provoking questions. I hope you enjoy the remaining parts of Andy's journal.
-
Andy and Zander are probably way outside of any statistical norm for marriage. That said, such marriages do happen, and even succeed. That Monica and Garrett are caring and supportive is a good thing – perhaps they can teach the boys to be good partners for each other. Monica's insistence on a church wedding seems to have much to do with the need to validate and recognize the boys' relationship in the wider family – something a union such as theirs would surely need in order to succeed. I fear I failed somehow if the shower scene seemed so formulaic. But your comment was certainly on target. Sorry for the cliffhanger again; it was just a good place to end the chapter – honest. Thank you for your response, and I hope you enjoy the remainder of Andy's journal.
-
First off, thanks for your reflections and insights. High school sweethearts sometimes marry and live happily for years; sometimes they don't. Monica and Garrett seem to be sensible and caring adult support, so maybe it will work out. Monica's insistence on a church wedding is confusing to Andy, surely. But viewed through her lens, she wants as much family acceptance - and recognition of the boys' legitimacy as a couple - as possible. She may be right in that a traditional celebration would do that effectively. That was her point, anyhow. I'm very, very sorry for the cliffhanger - really. This is a long narrative, and this seemed like a natural stopping spot without inflicting a 10000 word chapter on anyone. That Ambrose tracked him down is a testament to his determined investigation. And a great deal of what you have said is completely reasonable. No spoilers, so all I can say is that there is much still to be told. Please don't hate me for this, I beg you. Again, thanks for your many excellent thoughts, and I really hope you will enjoy the remainder of Andy's journal.
-
I'm glad the unexpected appearance of Ambrose was as alarming to you as it surely was to Andy. Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy the remainder of Andy's journal.
-
Andy really was absorbed in his plan in the week leading up to his proposal, getting all his ducks in a row. Playing the 'getting Ms. Chandler out your hair' card with Judge Harrison must have been fun. Maybe Fr. Brewer feels a tiny debt to Andy for being helpful - or maybe he thinks they'll actually work out as a couple. Sorry about the cliffhanger here; it was a natural stopping point, what can I say? Perhaps 'surprises' would have been better for this chapter. May have to re-edit...thanks for your reactions and for continuing to read Andy's story.
-
I think you hit exact note I'd hoped for - Monica and Garrett have chosen not to fight this battle, because it appears to be an ultimately losing one. The boys are in love, and that's that. It may be easier to support them than argue the point; teach them about being partners as Monica and Garrett have clearly managed it. Thanks for reading this chapter, and for your reflections.
-
Prologue and Chapter 1 - Going Home
Parker Owens commented on Mikiesboy's story chapter in Prologue and Chapter 1 - Going Home
You have baited the hook marvelously, and got me set for the next chapter. I especially like how you give us flashes of Tait's life. Now I begin to wonder about that life, and what Tait saw in Sean - or what he will see in himself as the days go on. One can only weep for his hurt, and hope for the rediscovery of himself somewhere inside. Thanks so much for this story, and I look forward - eagerly - to the next chapter.
