Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Thank you for your kind comment. I labored over the lovemaking; hope the tone was right! Now they are together, and happy...
  2. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    I'm getting to be quite a matchmaker, apparently. I'm glad you thought it a good read!
  3. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    You have hit upon exactly what I hoped to convey. Kindness is at least as universal as hate, and stronger, too. Actually, as I understand it, police authorities do try to respect each other's turf and work together whenever possible. It's when an over eager or inexperienced agent gets involved that sparks fly. I am glad it felt believable to you. Thanks for your kind words!
  4. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    Amen. May they love very happily in peace. Hope the get to store up many newer and more joyous memories.
  5. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    I am so glad you liked it! The plight of men like them is heartbreaking. These two have been hanging about in my head for a while now; they simply crossed a bunch of very interesting lines.
  6. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    You were so very good and kind to read it for me! The unhappy plight of our brothers in parts of Africa makes me weep. For Daniel and Ibi, a chance to emigrate is a chance to live. And how deliciously ironic that a Seneca reservation and a single native man standing on his rights sets them free. Thank you for all your help and for your kind review.
  7. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    I'm a hopeless romantic, too. Fairy tales occasionally happen. Glad you liked Daniel and Ibi's story. The plight of their countrymen is terrible.
  8. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    Confession: your About Carl got me thinking of setting a story back in the Falls. Thanks for reading about Daniel and Ibi; I am glad you enjoyed their story.
  9. Parker Owens

    The Epicure

    I started reading this, and was forced by an appointment to put it down. Augh! It was exciting and engrossing from beginning to end. This was wonderfully developed. Can't wait to see where else you send Jeff to dine.
  10. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    Thank you for your kind words. Coming from an experienced pro like yourself, they mean a great deal. Daniel and Ibi have been waiting for a catalyst, and the Antho subject sent the whole thing off and running. How mobs and groupthink seem to put reason and charity on the run is terribly, terribly worrisome. How lucky for Daniel and Ibi that they crossed a line they never knew about.
  11. They are wonderful people, and hard to let go. Glad you liked this chapter.
  12. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    Whew. All in a day's work, huh? Lots of action, great scifi with lots of leads to follow up.
  13. Parker Owens

    Worthy

    Yup, you can expand this. I'd like to see the next ten chapters by tomorrow, please.
  14. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    Thank you for reading this; Daniel and Ibi have been rattling around in my head for a while now. The Antho theme help their story coalesce. Perhaps now their love can grow without fear or fetter.
  15. Coming from as accomplished a writer as you, this is gratifyingly high praise. Hope your heart swelled as mine did. This was a very hard chapter to write, so it makes me happy to know it worked for you.
  16. So very sad. How lost this makes me feel. You have done well in this set, Emi.
  17. After the last three, this one suddenly seems so ominous and melancholy. What happened?
  18. I smiled to myself reading this. And then I hummed a long-forgotten tune.
  19. You packed the image of a summer afternoon into one line. Perfect.
  20. I can't help but agree with you - it's a perfect place for the two of them. Alone, finally, with nobody else to interrupt. Here, in the firelight, they begin a new life together. Thanks for your kind words and many insights.
  21. Finally, just the two of them. Thank Eustace for the idea, and Toby for the execution. Andy and Zander complete each other by firelight. Thanks for reading and for your kind reviews.
  22. Parker Owens

    Obsession

    Wow. Absolutely, convincingly creepy. Two men who will be damaged beyond any recognizable shape of themselves by Danny choosing to cross the line. Oh, man. This is so, so good.
  23. Parker Owens

    Zaidu

    A deeply compelling and tragic story. I devoured it. Thanks for sharing this.
  24. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    This is so much the experience of so many boys, about to become men. And it makes me so very sad. You have written it beautifully, and with perfectly balanced description and emotion. It may be up to Ryan to push Brady over the line in the end.
  25. Thank you for your generous and kind review. Roger Green Hat is a shrunken shadow of the man who hurt Andy so badly. And I'm glad you caught the fundamentalist prayer protest out in the rain. So insignificant, Andy almost feels sorry for them. Andy and Zander are pure fulfillment for each other in this chapter. This is firelit joy Andy will remember as long as he lives, chasing shadows and demons into oblivion.
×
×
  • Create New...