-
Posts
19,079 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Parker Owens
-
March 19 – Sunday Today’s question: so why is it that when I decided to stand and defy fate, when I chose to shape my own destiny, events occurred to move the earth under my feet? Why is it that even with my well crafted plan, fate had its way of intervening anyway? The world I thought I knew reshaped itself suddenly, and I got left to deal with it. Or float along. But I won’t be doing it on my own. Zander will be with me. He promised to marry me. At least that part of my plan worked out pe
- 50 comments
-
- 102
-
-
-
-
-
The man who got ten thousand likes has raised ten thousand grins; he writes of life and nature hikes, of how true love begins. congratulations!
-
Thank you Tim. I'm especially drawn to the Zander Watching verse, but I really identify with the fear in the Andy poem. It's the way I felt in school, anyhow.
-
Chapter 33 The First Day of Summer
Parker Owens commented on Dodger's story chapter in Chapter 33 The First Day of Summer
The internal reactions nicely contrast with the actual conversations going on around Robbie. Very nice touch. Finally Robbie gets Nathan for a long enough period to be friends, rather than just friendly. This is an important change. Maybe Daniel will pick up on that, too. Great chapter, and hoping for more soon! -
My hat is off to you for binge-reading 56 chapters in one sitting. Did you have a snow day? I am so glad you have enjoyed what you have read to this point. Andy is in a place where at least the peace and joy and love he seeks has a chance. I appreciate your kind and generous response to Andy's journal; still more do I appreciate your taking the time to read it.
-
Your words are most kind and generous. These characters meant a lot to me, so this one flowed simply and easily. You suggest something longer for another project; I'd like that. Still, I think it will take time to develop in my mind before I start...and there is so much poetry to write! Thanks again.
-
Marriage may not be a perfect solution, but it is Andy's unique solution to getting what he wants - love, family and a sense of belonging. And yes, he's smart. Thanks for your response. Hope you'll continue to enjoy the remainder of Andy's story.
-
I'm sorry I was so transparent, but I am glad at your elation over this chapter. What was appealing about this moment in his life was that he's actively reaching for what he wants and needs - love, family, and belonging. And he's doing it without fighting anyone. Thanks very much for your response to this chapter, and I hope you'll continue to enjoy what's left of Andy's story.
-
Glad you liked Monica's momentary eye-twinkle. Both she and Andy have come far in their relationship. This is a new, surprising Andy. Zander had some difficulty adjusting to a boy who doesn't need to cling anymore. Andy is reaching for things he wants and needs - love, family and belonging. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this chapter. Hope you continue to enjoy the remainder of Andy's journal.
-
is as inspiring as it is beautiful. This is the man we have seen in glimpses and hints, slowly emerging from a broken boy. Nicely done! I loved Monica's quip about studying physics rather than biology. Her relationship with Andy has evolved beautifully. As Rex pointed out, we are left with the implicit cliff hanger, the unanswered questions. What was Jeff's role in Andy's plan? Will Monica and Garret support a marriage? Since Kaz is obviously taken, who will be Andy's best man? Could FPS somehow block a marriage? Which of them is pregnant? More soon please! I am very glad you found this chapter enjoyable and surprising. Andy is emerging into someone who can want something enough - love, family, belonging - to do something about it on his own. In some ways, Zander is the one who has to adjust to this new, surprising Andy. And of course, there are lots of shoes left to drop. The boys will have to come in from the barn sooner or later...on Friday. Thanks for your kind words and reflections. Hope you will enjoy the remainder of Andy's journal.
-
Hope you enjoyed the surprise. Thanks for staying with the story to this point.
-
Minor emancipation would certainly have been an option. But perhaps Andy's love for Zander and his family blinded him to that option. More than anything, Andy wants to belong and to love - and right now, he's in love with Zander. Thanks so much for your remarks and for your continued reading of this story.
-
Andy spend a night in Garrett's law books, and more time online researching, and then more time thinking everything through. Still, there could be some obvious problems ahead. Thanks a lot for continuing to read Andy's story, and for your thoughts on this chapter.
-
New word: a 'Zanderzine.' I love it. It was a moment when Andy took the initiative and changed their lives. It was good to hear from Zander about how he saw it; we knew Andy would be nervous about it. You're right - wanting something - love and family and belonging - has won out over fear and anxiety. Thank you very much for your reflections, and for continuing to follow Andy's journal.
-
Andy has grown a lot; now Zander will have to get used to this new guy. Yes, emancipation is much less romantic. It might also require him to return to Carlsberg. Andy as a lawyer might be interesting. Whatever he does, he will be a formidable individual. Thank you for your thoughts and for reading this chapter in Andy's story.
-
For once Andy surprised you? Andy is smart enough to read a rule book and figure out some of its meaning. Regardless of whether his proposal is legal, his plan to free everyone of the clouds overshadowing him is his own and nobody else's. It's not a passive reaction. Zander is dense in that he is being confronted with an Andy who is growing and may no longer cling. And Kaz was certainly right - Zander was foolish. This happens, and reveals some of the blinders Zander may wear from time to time. As to an appeal, the county may see a legal challenge quite apart from the merits of Ms. Chandler's case. Nobody likes getting slapped down in court; perhaps Mr. Kowalski is making a point. Thanks very much for your insights into Zander and for reflecting on this chapter. I hope you continue to enjoy the remainder of Andy's journal.
-
This is the stronger, more assertive Andy we've been seeing emerge. His solution to his difficulties with FPS may not be foolproof, but it is quite powerful in its way. And, of course, Zander said 'yes.' Bruce was full of venom, to Zander's bewilderment. And perhaps Zander will need to get used to an Andy who loves him, but doesn't have to cling for protection. Writing this section was fun to imagine - hope it rang true to character. Thanks so much for your comments, and thank you so much for reading this chapter!
-
There are enough shoes left to drop to take care of a centipede. For now Andy is content at Zander's 'yes.' That's enough for this one moment. And you are right about Zander, in that he has been kind of oblivious. Kaz has been an excellent friend. Thanks for your reflections and thoughts, and thanks especially for reading this chapter.
-
Marriage may not be a perfect solution. But it's Andy's solution, I guess. Yes, marriage is very hard for anyone who practices it, I agree. I'm old enough to have seen first loves work out long term, and others crash and burn. Dating can work too (it didn't for me, but did for my brother). Thanks for your insight and your good thoughts. I appreciate your reading this chapter!
-
Funny how simple solutions often turn out to be tangled, too. Everything you say is generally true, of course. But if it is allowed to stand, Andy's solution cuts through a whole host of issues and courtroom time. Maybe Andy should be a lawyer. Thanks for your keen reading and insights. Thanks again for reading this chapter. It was just serendipity it came up in the week leading up to Valentines Day.
-
Your words make me glad - that's exactly what I was aiming for. Thanks for taking the time to read!
-
Prussian Blue like the moonlight on...? Thanks for your kind words.
-
I'm glad you felt the gentle and persistent tug these characters have on me. Just like that. Thanks for reading!
-
March 17 – Friday This week has not gone the way it was supposed to. Was I expecting a fairy tale? After Sunday, I'd hoped for better than this. Maybe happy endings don't really exist. Things could go really badly wrong. The reality is that I've pulled away from everyone, at least on the inside. All of my energy goes toward thinking. Plotting. In some ways, the last two days have been almost normal – on the outside, at least. On the inside, nothing is normal. I'm happy, then sad, charged up, t
- 48 comments
-
- 113
-
-
-
-
-
Week Ten Monday, November 3, 2014: Bully
Parker Owens commented on skinnydragon's story chapter in Week Ten Monday, November 3, 2014: Bully
David is more than Twoey's angel, but also Chuck's. It might have been hoped that the discussion about Kissing with Twoey might have gone longer and farther, but it was not to be. Nevertheless, I liked the connections being built from David's life to Twoey's through Lisa, through Chuck, through Ginny's cooking instruction. And the insatiable Matty to finish us all up. What a very lovely chapter. When does the exploding pastor happen? Wednesday? Can't wait.
