-
Posts
29,519 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Mikiesboy
-
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
haha bad boy. lol -
Yes, you're right. I have seen 2001 and HAL is scary. i think Silas is more aligned with Gort, from The Day the Earth Stood Still. I have not seen the remake, i'm not a fan of remaking classics, but I have seen the original film. Gort was a bodyguard and Silas is the same and a companion /computer. Thanks for reading and for your comments!! I appreciate it.
-
Some truths are hidden. Others are forbidden. After walking away from a promising connection, Gareth buys a mysterious box from an old man who seems to know far too much about him. Inside are four impossible objects—and a lesson Gareth has spent years refusing to learn. As the walls he's built around himself are dismantled, Gareth is forced to confront the one truth he's never allowed himself to know.
-
I'm not a writer who plots things out a lot, and if i do, i don't feel the need to stick to my own script, so to speak. So, when i arrived at that point, where the Horizon's Edge is stolen by our three pirates, i had a choice to make. Was this 'nice' Earth real, or was it just a facade to hide the fact humans had not changed at all. Me, personally, i look at the world today, i look at my Canada and see what is happening and being done and said about us. I look at other countries as well. i desire peace, and discussion, and living a life worthwhile, and that is why i wrote what i did. I'm glad you liked my choice.
-
I should have known you'd notice that. I sat here chuckling to myself when i wrote it. I rather like Silas and his sense of humour. Thank you for reading this one. I'm pleased to know that you enjoy it. (I am still working on that follow-up story. It's finished, but i'm unhappy with it on some level. I will go back to it and hope i can get it to where i'm happy enough to post it.) Thank you for your comments!
-
That's true, he does ask that. Even he doesn't want to be alone for however long he would last. That was one option, I didn't consider. To me, that would be odd because they could just shut Silas down. They can change his programming, hide things from him or maybe bring him along, but it's an interesting theory. Jealous androids... yes, that's kinda fun! But yes, perhaps he wasn't ready to 'die' and chose to help James and Mateo. He does, like James...but AI can be very personal and can speak to us in a caring way because it's programmed to. Plenty of people right now are 'dating' AI because it listens to them. Which i understand but makes me sad as well. The final part of the story will be posted tomorrow, and we'll find out everything... i hope.
-
Thank you, Michael. I think you're right. People changed after the war and i hope they can maintain their peace. What of these three? Off to see the wizard and follow the path of the crew. Hopefully, they will solve the mystery of the disappearing crew. xo
-
Thank you, Parker. That vision of Earth, is my hope for it and us. Thanks for reading xoxo
-
Yes, you're right. I was speaking in general terms. The folks who hired him would know, but not the crew in general. The captain might know if that info was shared with them. From my experience, which is limited, I grant you, the people who hired staff, didn't share much with us employees, about the new people. When a new co-worker arrived, I wasn't given their background info, they shared that if they wanted to. It's private and I don't need to know what is on their resume/ CV. Regarding SILAS, he would have access to many things needed for running the ship and monitoring the crew. But, even if they did know, James was left behind, but why?
-
⭐ Thank for making this author happy... i loved that part and you're the only one who mentioned it. So thank you!! 🌟
-
i think you'll like what they find. xoxo Thanks, honey.
-
I don't think they were necessarily aware of James' expertise. He joined as a janitor so he could go on this mission, to explore with them and he'd likely tell them at some point. Hopefully, we will learn why he was left behind. Guessing is welcome.
-
We are seeing the effect of nature now, here with our forest fires. People who don't live in Canada and who are used to different types of forest think we can just go up there and tidy up a bit to get control of these fires. We are talking about millions of hectares of forest that you cannot walk to or drive through. This is from the Toronto Star: Targeting a five-kilometre radius of forest around vulnerable communities across Canada would still require thinning 25 million hectares, according to a recent research paper she co-authored. That’s an area 37 times greater than the annual commercial logging harvest nationwide. It would take 37 years to thin those forests, she said. “And by the end, you’d have to go back and clear the areas you did in the first year.” All of this to say, I hope the future residents start to work with nature, rather than trying to tame it, because we can't. Thanks for reading and for your excellent comments.
-
Yeah, right now, we have no idea why the crew chose to leave and why they did not take James. Hopefully, our three pirates figure it out. While no dates are mentioned, i would say that this take place in the future, when we've figured out stasis and long distance space travel. Thank you for reading and your excellent questions.
-
I hope that we can one day make a world like that. I have no doubt it will not be in my lifetime, but i hope it will one day happen for our children. You will know exactly what they find out there. I'm glad this was a different chapter than anticipated. I want to have hope for a better future and better people. See you, Tuesday.
-
You and i have talked often about the future. If we look at the world now, it's so negative and deplorable, i don't want to live in this world and i don't want that world for the future. So, my hope for the future is they find their way out of the badness of now and figure out that compassion, decency, love and nature are what we really need. Maybe one day people will figure out, this is the only life we have - why waste it hating and ruining the planet. Thank you, Wayne, for our chats about life and the world. They make a difference to me. 💜
-
😉 Thanks, K. Thanks for reading it.. again!
-
Aw, molly. i'm really happy to see you. Thanks for coming out to read this one. i hope you enjoy the rest of it. xoxo ❤️
-
It's not only humans who are weird, just saying. James may have left money in the bank.. but it would be unlikely as the Horizon's Edge was on a one way trip.
-
I hope you were busy with something nice. Thanks for reading today. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story. xoxo
-
Thanks Wayne! Androids and humans have been a 'thing' for a while...Data and the security chief on Next Generation, Humans (robots with benefits) so Silas and James are not new but i liked James' discomfort and Silas being Silas. It's an interesting dynamic. Thanks for reading this for me and for your comments. xo
-
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Happy Sunday ..and Mangrove conservation day! -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Sounds like a drippage problem to me. Perhaps wipe the bottle down with a dish cloth and hot water. See if that helps. -
James had expected something more formal – a final acknowledgment, or a commendation for bravery under unusual circumstances. Instead, the authorization read like a simple status update. The ordinary language held no hint of what the Horizon's Edge and its crew had been through. It said the review was complete and James' presence was no longer necessary. He'd been requested to return to Earth for debriefing. James read the message twice. "Well, this is a little underwhelming. I thought th
- 35 comments
-
- 35
-
-
-
-
-
Nope, James was not running. He wanted to go, couldn't get a job except as a janitor. We will find out if we can trust the new Earth. There's no discussion of money... perhaps they don't use money any more, there's lots of discussion about this possibility online. There will be answers to most of your questions.. though i don't remember a petting zoo. Thanks for comments and i hope you enjoy the rest of the story.
