Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,507
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Good day people. After a fairly awful of feeling like crap yesterday. Likely because of not enough sleep, i went to bed at 10...listened to the app. Heard about 2 minutes of it and was gone. i got up at 6am.. was awake a couple of times but slept more than i have for some time. Yay! I think it's Thursday. I need to get out to cut the grass, take a walk, walk the dog later on. Maybe i will look at a story ... work on some knitting. Basically, stay out of trouble. lol... Have a good one!! “Don’t ever regret being honest. Period.” —Taylor Swift (born 1989) American singer-songwriter
  2. Happy Wednesday... i downloaded a sleep hypnosis app from the playstore.. i laid down yesterday for a nap and listened to it, i think i managed about 2 minutes and didn't hear the rest. I tried again when i went to bed and heard about 2 or 3 minutes and not the rest. lol... i didn't sleep too badly but it may have just been exhaustion. But i'll keep on trying it, it's not an overnight thing. “The time is always right to do what is right.” —Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968) minister, civil rights activist
  3. They are good. I gotta make some myself. I made blueberry oatmeal the other day and they were good. Also made oatmeal bars because they are easy and amazing. Actually better after being frozen for some reason.
  4. Michael just told me. That's so sad. Such a wonderful, generous and talented lady. 🥹
  5. That would be nice. I'd love to find one. Maybe some guided hypnosis sessions. I've used them before and used to fall asleep quite well...i stopped needing them but things change. So i'll try that. Cuddle up with Someone...that's always a nice option.
  6. i have become an insomniac i think... rarely get over 2- 3 hours of sleep at night these days. I don't know why. Anyway... i bought some carrots to process for the freezer so i have them over the winter. As i was up decided it would be a good idea to get all of those things done. So, I chopped them all up and after i have breakfast i will blanch, dry and seal them up for the freezer. i also processed several bulbs of garlic for the freezer and chopped up cabbage and some broccoli and readied some garlic to have in our spicy noodles and cabbage tonight. Those chores are done so i will have time for a nap later on. i don't take long naps about an hour i guess. I walk everyday, do work around the house.. but i can't sleep for beans. So, i hope you all have the best day you can... “Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen. ” —Brené Brown (born 1965) American scholar, author, and public speaker
  7. Is that right? That's interesting. SA is a fun thing to write for. Trying to disguise work and any tells you may have. Thanks for sharing that info. Huh.
  8. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    I've written a few comedies. I enjoy writing them. They get me out of my own doom and gloom headspace. I'd already had one story written for this contest but while i liked it, i didn't want to post it yet. I wanted something lighter, so I wrote this and badgered my editor into working on it for me a few days before the deadline. i never try to guess who has written what...that's the point of SA, write something so people don't know it's you. This year seems to have been highly successful.
  9. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks, Aditus. I'm glad you had fun reading this. I had fun writing it.
  10. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  11. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you, my friend. I'm glad you enjoyed it. 💜
  12. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    I'm happy it worked for you. We all need a little spice in our lives (not the real-world version…maybe more Dune). Thanks for reading and your comments.
  13. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks, Cassie. Glad you enjoyed it.
  14. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Bit of magic perhaps? Thanks for reading, leshwar. I appreciate it.
  15. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Glad it worked for you, chris! It was fun to write as well. 💜
  16. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks, Luca. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It is a comedy, maybe there are some who need to take this moral seriously, or perhaps not. Thanks very much for your comments and time.
  17. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you. You're right, of course. Sadly, we don't all have extra help to get it right. Thank you for reading!
  18. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    That's an interesting thought. What we need, often is far from what we want. Thank you for reading and the comment.
  19. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Makes you wonder what happened on that date. Thank you for reading and your comment.
  20. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    💜 Thanks very much. There are some great episodes from both of those shows. I love them.
  21. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Glad you enjoyed it , Ben. i had fun writing it. It was last minute. The entry i'd written for S.A. was moved to the anthology. Thanks again.
  22. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks Bill. Gareth needed shaking up and some cringy moments. Hopefully, there's a happily ever after.
  23. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    i guess i should check out the Robin Williams genie. Thanks for your editing of this one. ❤️
  24. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Were you correct? Glad you enjoyed it!
  25. i never guess. i'm pleasantly surprised at some of these and enjoyed all the comments along the way. And of course, i missed the winner for use of theme.... congrats @Gary L! Great job!
×
×
  • Create New...