Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you, SA.
  2. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    An interesting tale based in the reality of history. Thank you S.A.
  3. I feel for you. We had orange air a couple of weeks ago. We bought an air purifier.. which works well. But fire is natural, and here our forests are boreal forest, very dense and very wild, there are no roads into them and there are millions and million of hectares of them. And right now, they are burning.
  4. Nothing like a good nap..
  5. Read and commented on several. Lots of entertainment here for sure. I will be back to read more!
  6. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Well, that's one way to come out, well, in Rory's case, dragged out, literally kicking and screaming. Hopefully, he'll find his man.
  7. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Interesting.
  8. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Aw, geez. Short and very sweet. Odd place for research, but there is a guarantee of privacy! Enjoyed this little romp.
  9. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Aw, a very sweet tale. I love figs. Very imaginative, why not have fig gods?
  10. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Haha, this was great. I enjoyed it. Just hoping i have none of those adventures in my kitchen!
  11. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Yes, you're right. I have seen 2001 and HAL is scary. i think Silas is more aligned with Gort, from The Day the Earth Stood Still. I have not seen the remake, i'm not a fan of remaking classics, but I have seen the original film. Gort was a bodyguard and Silas is the same and a companion /computer. Thanks for reading and for your comments!! I appreciate it.
  12. Some truths are hidden. Others are forbidden. After walking away from a promising connection, Gareth buys a mysterious box from an old man who seems to know far too much about him. Inside are four impossible objects—and a lesson Gareth has spent years refusing to learn. As the walls he's built around himself are dismantled, Gareth is forced to confront the one truth he's never allowed himself to know.
  13. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    I'm not a writer who plots things out a lot, and if i do, i don't feel the need to stick to my own script, so to speak. So, when i arrived at that point, where the Horizon's Edge is stolen by our three pirates, i had a choice to make. Was this 'nice' Earth real, or was it just a facade to hide the fact humans had not changed at all. Me, personally, i look at the world today, i look at my Canada and see what is happening and being done and said about us. I look at other countries as well. i desire peace, and discussion, and living a life worthwhile, and that is why i wrote what i did. I'm glad you liked my choice.
  14. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    I should have known you'd notice that. I sat here chuckling to myself when i wrote it. I rather like Silas and his sense of humour. Thank you for reading this one. I'm pleased to know that you enjoy it. (I am still working on that follow-up story. It's finished, but i'm unhappy with it on some level. I will go back to it and hope i can get it to where i'm happy enough to post it.) Thank you for your comments!
  15. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    That's true, he does ask that. Even he doesn't want to be alone for however long he would last. That was one option, I didn't consider. To me, that would be odd because they could just shut Silas down. They can change his programming, hide things from him or maybe bring him along, but it's an interesting theory. Jealous androids... yes, that's kinda fun! But yes, perhaps he wasn't ready to 'die' and chose to help James and Mateo. He does, like James...but AI can be very personal and can speak to us in a caring way because it's programmed to. Plenty of people right now are 'dating' AI because it listens to them. Which i understand but makes me sad as well. The final part of the story will be posted tomorrow, and we'll find out everything... i hope.
  16. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Thank you, Michael. I think you're right. People changed after the war and i hope they can maintain their peace. What of these three? Off to see the wizard and follow the path of the crew. Hopefully, they will solve the mystery of the disappearing crew. xo
  17. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Thank you, Parker. That vision of Earth, is my hope for it and us. Thanks for reading xoxo
  18. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Yes, you're right. I was speaking in general terms. The folks who hired him would know, but not the crew in general. The captain might know if that info was shared with them. From my experience, which is limited, I grant you, the people who hired staff, didn't share much with us employees, about the new people. When a new co-worker arrived, I wasn't given their background info, they shared that if they wanted to. It's private and I don't need to know what is on their resume/ CV. Regarding SILAS, he would have access to many things needed for running the ship and monitoring the crew. But, even if they did know, James was left behind, but why?
  19. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    ⭐ Thank for making this author happy... i loved that part and you're the only one who mentioned it. So thank you!! 🌟
  20. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    i think you'll like what they find. xoxo Thanks, honey.
  21. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    I don't think they were necessarily aware of James' expertise. He joined as a janitor so he could go on this mission, to explore with them and he'd likely tell them at some point. Hopefully, we will learn why he was left behind. Guessing is welcome.
  22. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    We are seeing the effect of nature now, here with our forest fires. People who don't live in Canada and who are used to different types of forest think we can just go up there and tidy up a bit to get control of these fires. We are talking about millions of hectares of forest that you cannot walk to or drive through. This is from the Toronto Star: Targeting a five-kilometre radius of forest around vulnerable communities across Canada would still require thinning 25 million hectares, according to a recent research paper she co-authored. That’s an area 37 times greater than the annual commercial logging harvest nationwide. It would take 37 years to thin those forests, she said. “And by the end, you’d have to go back and clear the areas you did in the first year.” All of this to say, I hope the future residents start to work with nature, rather than trying to tame it, because we can't. Thanks for reading and for your excellent comments.
  23. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Yeah, right now, we have no idea why the crew chose to leave and why they did not take James. Hopefully, our three pirates figure it out. While no dates are mentioned, i would say that this take place in the future, when we've figured out stasis and long distance space travel. Thank you for reading and your excellent questions.
  24. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    I hope that we can one day make a world like that. I have no doubt it will not be in my lifetime, but i hope it will one day happen for our children. You will know exactly what they find out there. I'm glad this was a different chapter than anticipated. I want to have hope for a better future and better people. See you, Tuesday.
×
×
  • Create New...