Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. This was a difficult one. I know people for whom branding is a kink. i've got a bunch, but that's not one of them. Of course, Taggert didn't choose what happened to him. It was cruel and horrific, what they did. I'm not sure Tag was hesitant to show it because he's ashamed for himself or for what his family is capable of. Maybe it's both. I figured Ash wouldn't freak out about it. I hope Tag is able to deal with his new land ownership in a positive way and that he takes some satisfaction in putting a brick wall in front of his father.
  2. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    I'm glad you're enjoying it. I had fun writing James and Silas together. I think Earth has been taken over by better versions of Homo Sapiens... at least i hope so. Thank you for reading and for your comments.
  3. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks, Reader. I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. You can trust Silas. I hope you enjoy the rest. 💖
  4. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    The doctor says, he joined up so he had the chance to go. He took the only job left which was a janitor. There's more to come. Silas is a bit old-fashioned now, but he gets by. Thank you for your comments... Part 2 is Sunday.
  5. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Yeah, it's not a new thing by any means but it is interesting. Thanks for reading this Parker, i appreciate it. xo
  6. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Part two will post on Sunday. I hope you enjoy it and thank you for your comments.
  7. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you. You're right about James...if Earth sends out a rescue team, who knows what they find.
  8. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks, k. I appreciate all (two Ls) your help. ❤️
  9. Published a new story today... I hope you'll give it a try. It's soft sci-fi or barely sci-fi as i call it...
  10. "Breathe." "Breathe." The voice repeated. "Breathe." The lungs huffed and wheezed like a set of bellows, finally moving in and out. "Excellent. Please move your fingers." Fingers on both hands twitched and then bent. "Thank you. Please attempt to open your eyes." "Try to open your eyes." Both eyes flickered open, adjusting easily to the low light. The figure strained against the restraints. "Please remain calm. Just listen and breathe,
  11. Woken four hundred years off course. Crew: vanished. Company: an AI who refuses to stay just a computer. James Carson signed up to clean toilets on a one-way trip to the stars. He got centuries of lost time, an empty ship, and a mystery no one's left to explain. The way home is long. He won't be making it alone.
  12. Happy Cousins Day... if you have some... Happy Friday otherwise.. “What we know matters, but who we are matters more.” —Brené Brown (born 1965) American scholar, author, and public speaker
  13. Fingers crossed for you!! Go get 'em!!! xo
  14. oh man, i'm so sorry.. i hope they gave you a great reference and that you find something again soon. xoxo
  15. Thanks, to be honest, i wasn't surprised when i saw Dental Office on my phone yesterday. Right now I'm just not gonna worry about it. I am going to enjoy this cool day.. with air purifier off and the windows open. You take care too.. xoxo “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” —John R. Wooden (1910-2010) basketball coach, author
  16. I have no idea.. i think they are having issues making something and can't just say so. Last week the doctor said they're having trouble because there's not much actual tooth there, which fair enough, i get it.. And now this week, another story that doesn't make sense to me. I saw a picture of the moulds.. I am not sure how they can say that. The big guy was there with me last week. He had some choice words...he is not happy. i am not either. Today, He will explode, i think.
  17. I don't recall the name. My dentist isn't happy about it... Last week he said he was sure it would be resolved this week... They said, do you want to come in and talk to him tomorrow... i said, "What's he gonna say, other than what you already told me." May as well just stay home and find something to do. That picture.. that will be Michael when i tell Him this news.
  18. Well, the saga continues... was supposed to go get my tooth fixed tomorrow. Guess what, they want me to wait until August 11.. For my gum to heal..this is coming from the lab... never mind that the dentist never touched my gums. Which are healthy because i use a Waterpik on them on a daily basis. All of this started May 5th.. And still, i'm waiting to get a single tooth capped. Will it be over on August 11.. No, no it will not because that day i am going for yet more impressions, which will be sent to the lab. So at least another week for that to be done. Then i'm sure my dentist will be taking a two-week vacation.
  19. The baked beans are cooking in the mini crock pot ... and 5 big peppers are now stuffed with sauteed onion and carrots.. ready for the freezer.
  20. Happy Tuesday ... i've got some kitchen duty this morning...but i have never felt less like cooking. This has been going on for at least a week. I think i need to do something different... i like this person's YouTube Channel...Of course, i won't be doing anything of his today...but i'm going to pick one. I am looking at the Mediterranean Lentil Soup. “The truth of your character is expressed through the choice of your actions.” —Steve Maraboli (born 1975) Author
  21. “Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones.” —Phillip Brooks
  22. Thanks, Kitt... it's sort of hard with the headlines to feel otherwise sometimes, so thank you!! ❤️
  23. Fires are normal in nature. Some of them should burn. That's interesting about the swamp. Wow.
  24. You should wear a good mask if it's like that. It was bad up here. Some people seem to think it's easy to put these fires out. Sadly, it isn't, like the wildfires out in L.A. last year. I know more firefighters have been hired, and they are buying more water bombers and helicopters. But these are not campfires, they are massive. Let's hope things improve soon for all our sakes. Look after yourself.
×
×
  • Create New...