Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,522
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. It's nearly 11:30 and its 64F with 93% humidity. Everything feels cool and damp. But it's better than all of last week.
  2. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    Hi Terry P., thanks for your comment. I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. I know what you mean; there could be a lot of ups and downs, good and bad, in this. I hope you enjoy the rest; I appreciate you stopping by to leave your thoughts!
  3. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    Sometimes, you meet people who touch you in some way, often when you least expect it. Perhaps that's what happened between D and Matt. There will be more coming up on Wednesday. Thanks for reading and your comments, Cane23.
  4. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    I know a large warty warlock named Tepalsuzon who can bring Kage back to life for a price.
  5. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    Okay... so Enya vs the iridescent glowing fire demon in the parking lot ... at the witching hour? Clash of the Demons?
  6. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    Isn't Enya a singer?
  7. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    Thank you, Flip-Flop. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. It is a tough and ugly place. I'm glad most people never see it. Humans are so odd, so unpredictable. You will learn more about these characters as we move on. Thanks again for your comments and thoughts.
  8. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    Hi Talo, thanks for your comments. I see that @kbois answered your questions for the most part, so I don't need to repeat that. Questions will be answered in upcoming chapters. There are a few clues here and there, and as you meet more of the characters, hopefully, some fog will clear. But I'm a bit surprised at the question about Dante. Human beings are not one-dimensional. People in places like Dante was grasp at any chance. Black gave him one. Dante says himself, he's not proud, but he doesn't want to die. If I had a choice to live like that or die, I'd make the same choice because there's always hope I could change things. I cannot change much if I'm dead. Though he works for Black, it's possible that Dante still has some humanity and a sense of right and wrong. Perhaps helping Matt offers Dante some form of redemption for the life he's led so far. There are many examples of monsters who still had a heart. Ted Bundy had a girlfriend who had no idea what he did. Joseph DeAngelo, Mikhail Popkov, John Wayne Gacy, and Dennis Rader, to name just a few, were married. There are all sorts of examples online if you want to read more.
  9. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    oh lord..lol. That it would...😁
  10. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    It's about 5,500 words over two chapters. The challenge was to write an old-fashioned fairy tale, and this was my answer.
  11. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    I know you can see one sitting alone in an abandoned car in a massive parking lot. Tendrils of smoke drift slowly upwards from both nostrils. His iridescent skin glows as the sun sets. Why is he there? What's his story?
  12. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    I have a fairy tale you might enjoy. It includes some goats and a massive warlock toad that spouts spells. Your poem (which is great) reminds me of him.
  13. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    It does sound creepy, but there are places rather like it. I'm enjoying all your theories.
  14. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    i didn't want to point that out.
  15. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    Thanks, chris. Hmm, maybe his parents could afford it?
  16. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    No fire demons, that I will confirm.
  17. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    (I better get out of my head before it dies of loneliness.) Don't think that I believe this nonsense, weinerdog. Dachshunds are fairly intelligent dogs, but they can be obstinate. They have a few characteristics that you might want to consider, such as a high potential for wanderlust, a tendency to bark and howl, and a high prey drive. Dante does seem to have some humanity left ... but perhaps he gives this spiel to all the boys.
  18. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    i don't take sucker bets. It's sort of there in the title.
  19. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    The title is the story without the inner tasty parts. While i do enjoy the wrapper, I'd rather consume what's inside. Thanks for reading and your comments! Isao is a dreamer. Sadly, we never know his end.
  20. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    People have survived worse. You don't know your strength until you have to use it. Both of these guys will learn that.
  21. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    Maybe it's true about writing what you know. Andrew is a good-hearted. He thinks following instructions will keep him safe. It may, it's certainly the best way forward ... at the moment.
  22. Andrew rose early on Tuesday. He briskly showered, dressed in comfortable clothes, and went downstairs to grab breakfast. Maeve, always ready to fuss over her favourite and only employer, had already put on a pot of coffee and prepared a hearty breakfast of bacon and scones. The table was adorned with cream, milk, jam, and butter, all waiting for Andrew’s arrival. A warm smile greeted him as he entered the kitchen. "Good morning, Andrew. Would you like some eggs?" "Morning, Mae
  23. I emailed him and Droughtquake ages ago but have not heard from either of them...
  24. I'm sorry, honey. You can do it, you'll be out of there soon. Plans you ask? I like an insane person.. have to post chapters on both Saturday and Sunday. Why i thought that was a good idea, i don't know. Prepping 3 chapters a week is taking up a lot of time. So that's what i am doing. Due to the heat, my fav thing .. baking bread is put on hiatus for a bit. If you're interested in food, weight loss and Japan.. you could watch Miso Hungry. It's very interesting and entertaining as well. You get to see a lot of Japan, the people and food. Our hero, who is quite overweight is convinced by a friend of his who is a filmmaker to spend two weeks in Japan eating only their regular diet (not his, which was take out burgers, fries, pizza and gallons of soda) and seeing the changes he makes. It was really well done and he's a super nice guy. He was then to return home and continue the same way of eating for the next 10 weeks. I may just watch it again. I found it on Prime in Canada.
  25. I agree. Is it the government's fault? LOL.. Who can we complain to about this? haha
×
×
  • Create New...