Jump to content

Doha

Members
  • Posts

    5,221
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Doha

  1. A great opening chapter. Looking forward to this read.
  2. Doha

    Chapter 5

    Evil, murder, conspiracy, a little love and you’ve hooked a middle schooler. Good job Will.
  3. Doha

    Chapter 3

    I must have read this previously and forgotten because I loving it second time around!!
  4. Doha

    Chapter 2

    Granny has arrived and everybody is slightly off centre as a result. I love Brody’s dry humour and Andrew’s cheery confidence. Despite his father, the minor major as @Summerabbacat rightly calls him, Will has a good circle of supportive family and friends.
  5. Doha

    Chapter 1

    So Lisa and Brody have broken up and Will is alone at school with Andrew away at university. A great opening chapter. Can’t wait to dive in.
  6. That was a cracker of a chapter and a great deal is revealed, although I suspect there is more to come. Lyn is at a major crossroad now and how he responds will be quite telling about his character. Will he face the storm and work through it? Or, will he run? Let’s see.
  7. Doha

    Chapter 25

    Don’t touch it. It is beautifully eloquent.
  8. Carter’s Army is a brilliant opening novel to a multi-novel series. The characters are well-developed and the story line engaging. Add to that the fact that the author responds to comments and engages the readers outside of the story and you have a winner. This is a must-read.
  9. Doha

    Chapter 25

    A poignant ending to the first book and here I go to book 2. I loved it!
  10. Doha

    Chapter 24

    I love Micheline already. Andrew has a good mom who is suspect will become a surrogate mom to Will as well.
  11. Doha

    Chapter 23

    South Africans normally say Merry Christmas as well.
  12. The comments above are interesting and keep us all guessing. I thought this was part of the conversation in which Alexander assures Brad he has no chance with Lyn. And Lyn just happened to walk in on it at a most inopportune time.
  13. Doha

    Chapter 22

    It is certainly a well-balanced, fun bunch of teens.
  14. Brad thinking Lyn was the only one who would tell was a ridiculous thought on his part. This is a comedy, or perhaps a tragedy, of errors and assumptions. We always suspected that Alexander was sweeten Lyn, but he really did go to great extremes to protect and “own” him. Brad trusted Alexander over his own observations and senses, which, as it turns out was not a sensible thing to do. Now Bella knows everything and we are dying to know what happens next!
  15. This chapter is charged with unspoken knowledge: Lynton’s feelings leak through his care and restraint, while Brad plays knowingly at the edges. The humour and provocation aren’t random—they’re Brad’s way of asserting control over a truth Lynton hasn’t faced yet. Lynton believes he is being loyal and protective, but his actions betray a deeper attachment. Brad’s vulnerability is real, yet it’s offered on his terms, which complicates the tenderness. The closing promise lands as both comfort and foreshadowing, tightening the emotional stakes. We wait, eager to see where this goes and how it might lead to the 8 year break up.
  16. Doha

    Infidelity

    What a lovely new year surprise. Life for George is becoming a little complicated. If they can manage it, the arrangement will serve Cavendish well.
  17. Absolutely right. When Lyn assumed that Bella had no knowledge of Brad’s liaison with Luke, he could be allowed to speak up. After this revelation from Bella, however, should he choose to speak up, he would simply be meddling and that is not his place.
  18. Oy vey! I hope you are right @Seraph28. A “mixed” marriage is not an easy thing to navigate.
  19. Knowing @Laura S. Fox, she just might!
  20. Wow! That was an unexpected turn of events. Bella clearly knows, or at least I suspect that she knows, about Brad and accepts the situation. I wonder what it is about her that Brad knows and accepts, that allows these two to marry and have some kind of mutual understanding. It is quite a realisation that Bella, knowing - or choosing to know - what she does, is herself known and accepted by Brad in a way that renders marriage not romantic but functional, sustained by a hard, mutual understanding. Let’s see how this unfolds.
  21. I’m glad Lyndon was able to touch Alexander. The ruffling of hair and thumb under the ear say more than 1000 words could.
  22. Doha

    The Post Captain

    Thank you for another engaging chapter. The next few months are going to be great reading! Lovely to see Weston back. I miss Calvert.
  23. Doha

    The Right Thing

    To one and all a very Merry Christmas! another wonderful chapter as Lyn becomes increasingly self-aware.
  24. I agree that the house purchase is probably Alexander. Lyn’s biological father doesn’t seem the type to go beyond what they have agreed.
  25. This was just what Lyn needed to stop bellyaching about Brad and Bella. Alexander knows exactly what Lyn needs, before Lyn knows himself. A great chapter.
×
×
  • Create New...