-
Posts
8,307 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
"You probably don’t realise it, but I’ve always regretted what happened between us, and I’ve always tried to make sure you didn’t cop too much crap from anyone." It appears @Paladin's speculation after the previous chapter was spot on; Dallas has been protecting JJ from afar. The regret he expressed for the demise of their friendship appeared genuine as he held himself largely responsible for what occurred. They must have both been about 11 or 12 years of age at the time, an age when possibly either one or both were starting puberty. "I’ve told them to lay off you. I told them to give you a break or they would answer to me,’ he finally said." It appears Dallas is intent on continuing to protect JJ from harm, albeit more proactively now. This is not the behaviour of someone who has an issue with JJ's sexuality. Dallas also appears to have a keen sense of gaydar as he picked up quickly that Hollywood Harris is gay too. Methinks there is much merit in @weinerdog's speculation "Since they were once friends I'm thinking things will gradually go back to that direction." Perhaps even more than friendship if Dallas is so inclined and realises the courage to overcome the gay "stigma" for a sports star. I also think it is inevitable something will happen whilst the students are visiting Salvation, something which will definitely involve JJ and perhaps Dallas and/or Pete. I wait with bated breath @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Given your passion for the equine species perhaps some brumbies will emerge from the National Park and kick some serious arse, preferably that of Timmy Baker and his goons, Yobbo and Drongo. This should be reason enough for the Victorian State government to fuck off and stop slaughtering them in such a heinous and cruel manner.
-
Your comment in bold is something which would never have occurred to me @Paladin, and I did find Dallas' use of the word "here" in his message somewhat puzzling. You well may have solved the riddle. I will be very surprised if JJ gets support from any staff other than Hollywood, and support from students will likely be very limited too.
-
I am wondering if Jack's meltdown was caused by jealousy, jealousy of the apparent growing friendship between Nicholas and Noah. I suspect that despite a statement to the contrary, Jack craves a close friendship with someone, and he believed that someone might be Nicholas. Then again, I might be talking complete bullshit, Jack may have been the victim of some serious abuse in the past, which rears its ugly head from time to time. Whatever the cause of his meltdown, I think Mr G is aware of it and is determined to support Jack to the best of his ability. It appears Jack is no danger to himself or anyone else otherwise I believe he would have been removed from his room to protect himself and/or Nicholas. Absolutely riveting chapter @LittleBuddhaTW. Jack's meltdown was profoundly disturbing, moving and realistic.
-
It is completely baseless and irrational, but I don't like Noah. Maybe it is the connotation of his name, but I sense he is "collecting" Nicholas as a friend, someone to be observed, an oddity in the species homosapien. Jack, the underdog it appears, someone with more in common with Nicholas, an appreciation for Catcher In The Rye and dogs. This is very good @LittleBuddhaTW, very very good.
-
Jack is intriguing. False bravado, a genuine disdain for many of his own species or a combination of the two? An orphan or a rich brat with absent, distant or malignant parents? Whatever his background and circumstances he appears to have constructed a wall of cynicism to protect himself from what we may ask? From other students, the world at large or himself? I sense he is going to struggle to maintain his facade with Nicholas and that the two may have much in common. Chapter 1 was no "flash in the pan" @LittleBuddhaTW; chapter 2 proved this story is one to follow with enjoyment aplenty and expectation of more, so much more.
-
Me too @SilentandBroken. Nicholas has already worked out who can be trusted and is worthy of his love, Mr Bojangles, and who cannot be trusted and will revel in making his life miserable, "Patricia Ann", the entitled "princess" who thinks he is superior because Daddy and Mummy have paid for him to attend this supposedly fine educational institution with other equally entitled, smug arseholes whom I am going to enjoy loathing. Nicholas has also worked out DEI is only window dressing at best if the likes of Krusty the Clown is in power. Seriously powerful corporate leaders, invariably thugs and bullies, smile and pay lip service to DEI when it is the "flavour of the month", but as soon as Herr Krusty and his lowest common denominator supporters rule the roost, it is no longer tolerated and those whom it is perceived to encourage and/or include and/or protect are targets for erasure. History has shown time and time again that such "humans" thrive on derision, division and excision, believing themselves to be enlightened and entitled. A tremendous start to this story @LittleBuddhaTW. After one chapter I am already "riled up" and "spitting chips". The story may prove to go in a completely different direction from that which I am imagining it will go, but at the moment I am imagining storylines almost as sickening and obscene as a $50million wedding in Venice. If this be the case, bring on Thelma and Louise, Norma Rae, Carrie and maybe Freddie Krueger to boot.
-
Dare I say falling for and into each other @chris191070.
-
"I sensed that Jim was about to pull out because Mike was obviously in pain. “Don’t pull back, Jim. He’ll be okay in a few seconds. Just stay perfectly still until he says he’s okay.” Reluctantly, Jim held the territory he had just conquered. Within about 10 seconds, Mike’s tight expression relaxed and he smiled up at Jim. “Give me some more,” he begged." I wonder if this is what Harry Wayne Casey aka KC was "really" singing about. Another scorching chapter @KKirk. Has there been any volcanic disturbances or earthquake "activity" reported in your vicinity of late? If so, I am not at all surprised.
-
Glorious @drsawzall and I agree with your assessment of his vocal prowess. He, Mel Tormé (the Velvet Fog), Perry Como, Al Martino and Vic Damone, like them all.
-
@Ticklishboy30 released his "inner Joey Stefano", with the boys smeared from ear to rear (and beyond), awash with the juices of love. Penny, Linda and Ramona describe the action well in this Eurodisco gem from 1976. Titanic passion with a Teutonic beat, and not a robin in sight.
-
It does seem so @chris191070. Mike's Methodist mamma may not be pleased, but Mike sure is, and will be doubly so if he can manage to accommodate Jim's power pole penis. Mike has already demonstrated his extraordinary oral talents, now it is time for the "big" event. And the sound of Jim's substantial cojones banging against Mike's buttcheeks may be heard all the way over in Oldham or in Sydney. As much as I like Luther Vandross @KKirk (and I have many of his albums, and at his peak he had one of the best voices ever IMO), I will always attribute The Impossible Dream to Andy Williams. And when he had his weight under control he was soooooooo fine. Hot, hot, hot.
-
It is certainly up there with the best. I think Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On, Sexual Healing and the entire I Want You album, many of Barry White's odes to lurrrrvvvveee, some of Teddy Pendergrass' songs and a some of Luther Vandross' songs are also very seductive.
-
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant @Josh Aterovis. Lots of unanswered questions, very intriguing questions. Who was Caleb staying with after he ran away from the group home that he apparently feels the need to protect? Is the man married to a woman and/or well known but not known to be gay or bisexual? Is Caleb's mother really dead or had she left his father to protect herself? If so, has she perhaps come back to avenge herself? Is there any link between the murder and Judy and Jake's impending return to town? Is there any link between the murder and Steve's desire to purchase the haunted mansion? Is it merely a coincidence the murder victim was Jewish and the investigating officer in charge is Jewish? Is the fact Ira was Jewish a factor in his murder or was he killed solely because he was a mean-spirited drunk? Will Killian disclose his dream(s) to Shane or keep them to himself? When will Killian have his next car accident?
-
Morning chat & evening liaison
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Morning chat & evening liaison
I have seen many @Gary L. I have All About My Mother, Dark Habits, What Have I Done To Deserve This, Kika, Women ....., Law Of Desire, The Skin I Live In, Volver and Flower Of My Secret on DVD. I am not a fan of Antonio Banderas or Penelope Cruz in English speaking roles, but in Spanish films they are outstanding. He is truly "scary" in The Skin I Live In and she is brilliant in Volver. And Carmen, Rossy and the late Veronica Forque are marvellous in Almodovar films. I should get Broken Embraces on DVD one of these days as it reads well too. Almodovar is one of my favourite directors, up there with Billy Wilder, Blake Edwards and James Ivory (who recently celebrated his 97th birthday). I have not heard of The Room Next Door. I must read up on it. I am not aware of any of his duds; do tell. Is he revered by his fellow Spaniards? -
Morning chat & evening liaison
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Morning chat & evening liaison
Released in 1999/2000 it won the Best Foreign Film Academy Award in 2000. A masterpiece starring the fabulous Marisa Paredes, Penelope Cruz (who is always so wonderful in anything in her native tongue), Cecelia Roth and Rosa Maria Sardà, all of whom you may recognise from Spanish cinema. It was universally critically acclaimed and did very well at the box office too. I have seen many of his films and have many on DVD and this is my absolute favourite (even though neither Carmen Maura nor Rossy de Palma are in it). -
I am almost certain Dallas' messages to JJ are a warning rather than a threat. JJ disclosed in the last chapter Dallas had pre-existing knowledge he is gay, knowledge he could have used previously to harm JJ, but he did not do so. The immediate question I have is does Dallas have as much influence on other students as JJ appears to think he has? If so, he could instruct his cronies, if they are in fact his cronies, to lay off JJ and I suspect they may do so. Conversely, he could instruct them to cause JJ harm. I think JJ could face real danger on the school excursion to Salvation. He, his fellow students, including potential bullies, and teachers alike, will be in unfamiliar terrain, which the bullies could use to their advantage. It also sounds as if Salvation may be quite remote, which the bullies may also be able to use to their advantage. I assume their will be guides or local park rangers or the like on hand to ensure no visitors get lost or injured, or if they do to react decisively and appropriately, but even they will not be able to be in all places at all times. It appears the fuddy duddies operating the gossip mill in the town in which JJ resides have either not yet learned of his recent indiscretion, or if they have they have been so shocked or repulsed that they have not, as yet, maliciously spread the news to the extent it has reached JJ's mother's ears. I suspect it won't be long before this changes, the question will be how will JJ's parents respond. I sense this story is going to have more in common with Stockroom Secrets than any of the gems from the Seachange series @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I hope for JJ's sake he is not injured to the same extent as Rafael. None of the students have attempted to emulate Stinky Shane, yet, so any harm to JJ may be minimal in comparison, but we are only two chapters in to the story, and a lot can happen between here and Salvation.
-
Morning chat & evening liaison
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Morning chat & evening liaison
A master of disguise or one @Robert Hugill is the other's alter ego? But which is the "real" @Robert Hugill. Perhaps he is neither, or a combination of both. Whomever the "real" @Robert Hugill is he keeps us all entertained in whatever "form" he takes on in the Hugillverse. Your comments @Seraph28 brought to mind a favourite film by a favourite film maker. All About My Mother by Pedro Almodovar, in which Penelope Cruz plays Rosa, an HIV+ pregnant nun, who is pregnant to an HIV+ transgender female prostitute, whom she met at a shelter for battered sex workers. A delightfully entertaining chapter @Robert Hugill, one in which Mrs Slocombe made a number of appearances. Every time Matt refers to his or Gray's underwear as knickers, I recall Mrs Slocombe and her often mauve, and occasionally hot pink or raspberry coloured hair. -
Lou Rawls You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine. Soulful, seductive and superbly sung by Lou. A great song, from an era of great songs, one written by Gamble & Huff, who like McFadden & Whitehead, wrote many a Philly soul/disco classic. Jim's weapon of arse destruction could so easily have suffocated Mike, and his voluminous output of ball nectar could well have drowned him. Luckily Mike has an insatiable appetite, one which can seemingly overcome the impossible. And what of Jim's elephantine balls, all I can say is the sound of balls slapping against buttcheeks, when the balls in question are Byerman balls, are going to make one helluva sound. Antonio Biaggi eat your heart out, you ain't got nothing on BBB (big balls Byerman).
-
Eau de sperme or eau de trou du cul.
-
Do you know when the taxpayer started funding private schools @Paladin? I have always been opposed to this regardless of whether the school is religious based or not.
-
Which I am vehemently opposed to in principle (or is it on principle?), however, I do recognise public schools would probably not cope with the sheer numbers of attendees if all children were to attend such institutions.
-
A very clever story title too @Mark Ponyboy Peters. We have already witnessed the pious puritan schoolboy who taunted JJ with the usual fire and brimstone bullshit such people like to peddle. Given the story title I assume something major is going to happen during the school excursion to Salvation which will have a significant impact even after the excursion is over and the students return home, something which will undoubtedly involve JJ and perhaps Merry, Pete, Dallas and/or Mr Harris. However, is the story title also alluding to the situation in life in which JJ currently finds himself? Very intriguing.
-
It is not just Catholic schools in Australia @pvtguy, it is any religious-based school can discriminate against those who do not abide by its make believe teachings because unlike individuals or any other businesses, religious-based schools are exempt from abiding by some anti-discrimination laws.
-
Calm Before The Storm
Summerabbacat commented on Ticklishboy30's story chapter in Calm Before The Storm
Tickle, tickle, the "pickle" will trickle. With all this tickling afoot there are bound to be some accidents here and there. Pelvic floor challenges aplenty in the "brotherhood" @Ticklishboy30. -
I try my best @Mark Ponyboy Peters, which is relatively easy with such inspiring works to comment upon.
