-
Posts
8,315 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
That song is about as subtle as the hideous My Sharona. I hated Jump In My Car when it was popular, but it has grown on me over the intervening years. I always liked Darktown Strutters Ball (which I did not know then was a remake of a song popular in the jazz age and written in 1917) and Jamaica Rum.
-
An overwhelmingly positive chapter for Tony and Aaron, and for you too @Mark Ponyboy Peters. The curtain had barely descended when theatre goers and critics alike delivered their reviews - wonderful, amazing, one of his best. It is no wonder this story continues to place in the top 10 of the 'General Fiction' and 'Romance' categories here on GA. When is Harry renewing your contract? I think you deserve a higher royalty percentage. Tony and Aaron's renewal of their physical relationship was fast and furious (am I allowed to make that statement or has it been trademarked?). It was not a Captain & Tennille moment (those will come later), it was something far less subtle, a KISS moment (subtlety is something one would not associate with KISS). It was more a Love Gun or Rocket Ride moment, without the lascivious undertones, or something akin to Heaven Is In The Back Seat Of My Cadillac, Play Me Like A Yoyo (no less subtle than Love Gun), Love To Love You Baby, Hot Stuff, Pull Up To The Bumper or Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick (this one may or may not be about sex, but the song title is somewhat suggestive). And leading on from this, a @Summerabbacat posting without a song is like the Captain without Tennille or Gene Simmons without his tongue. The song below is another favourite from Hot Chocolate, whom I consider were very underrated, possibly because they were a mixed race band most commonly associated with disco (although this did not seem to hinder KC & The Sunshine Band). I find myself once again agreeing with the sentiments expressed by @weinerdog in his comment above: While Aaron was talking about Tony's family I hope this also foreshadows Aaron finding his brother. You are a real softie @weinerdog, especially for a "dachshund" from San Jose. A "ripper" of a chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, much like Ripper '76 and Ripper '77 - do you remember those K-Tel albums?
-
Is Cassandra a harmless Sister Of The Moon like Rhiannon or is she more akin to Stirba Werewolf Bitch? It appears whatever her true "nature", she has outfoxed, or should that be outwolfed, both Ryder and Theodore. If Theodore and Ryder unite to challenge her evil I would delight in her bringing out the "badass" in Danny, if any exists. Imagine the unthinkable, Danny ferocious and fired up as Cassandra holds Ryder captive. Danny, Foxy Brown incarnate, Pam Grier as a gay white boy. Another chapter which appeared to tie up a few loose ends @Laura S. Fox, only to see others unravel.
-
Good Value for the Money
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Good Value for the Money
I still recall when she made her debut with Wuthering Heights. I was 14 years of age at the time and had just finished reading the book and assumed Kate had read it too, but she had not. I have been a big fan ever since. Her song The Red Shoes with its accompanying bizarre video is the one I thought of most when Danny slammed Theodore with the toaster. -
Gavin hadn't intended to become a slut
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Gavin hadn't intended to become a slut
And he seems to love the "fur" @drsawzall. I am not trichophobic because I like hair on the head and eyebrows, but everywhere else I am best pleased when it is bald or close to it, and "downstairs" is not up for debate. Gavin is certainly making up for the "hungry years" @Robert Hugill. The phallic pheromones have not completely overwhelmed him, although he is still capable of exercising caution when warranted. Perhaps when he returns to Blighty he and Jason might pop around for naked tea and scones with Gray, Vince and Peter. -
Back To School and More Trouble
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Back To School and More Trouble
OMG! I hope this can only mean but one thing @Lee Wilson; at last, the appearance of the out-of-control semi-trailer driven by a middle-aged male who has had a heart "episode" ploughs Lewis Huber down. Kapow! splat! Huber hollandaise. Gavin's new "leaf" does seem too good to be true, however, Sameed at 6'6" would cut a rather imposing figure. Surely Gavin is not that stupid or arrogant; perhaps he really is attracted to Teha, even though I just saw a drove of pink pigs flying across the sky here at 5.03pm on a frigid winter's day in Sydney, Australia (12°C only @drsawzall). What is a @Lee Wilson story without riotous humour (including a liberal dose of black humour), a sprinkling of homophobia, a rash moron or two or three or four or ...., all set to a cracking pace? It's not a @Lee Wilson story, but something less exciting, less entertaining and just less. -
As you no doubt read @Lee Wilson, its origin is Gaelic and it means hunter; of the raven; of the dark waters, which when summarised means, fucking dickhead. You have created a few characters for whom the given name Draven would have been very apt e.g. Draven Quincy Sr, Draven Dixon, Draven Taft. "[Hey i’m sorry what jessica said earlier she can be such a bitch] [Hope it didnt hurt ur feelings too much] [wyd?]" The most sensible response from Calvin to Kyle is no response, in fact, no response ever again, erase Kyle from his life. But, it would be so tempting to respond with a "fuck you and your skanky ho, and don't ever speak to me again 💩💩💩💩". Calvin is revealing a side of himself I never would have guessed existed. He previously struck me as shallow, vain, spoilt and entitled, although he was always very friendly. A mirror image of Blair (the scientist, no, that I will never believe). It is apparent he has been wearing a mask, a mask which he is beginning to take off, or one which he no longer has the desire, willpower or stamina to sustain. Jonah is the one to whom Calvin is turning for comfort and understanding, most likely because he is also gay. I am liking this Calvin far more than the Calvin from A Life Worth Living @irivera. He was never unpleasant, just annoying like his twin sister.
-
“You know,” he said, eyes fixed on the horizon, “when Mi-Ra first brought Damian home… I wasn’t sure what to think.” I looked over at him, surprised but curious. “He was polite,” he continued. “But different. Loud, flashy. Piercings.” He gave a small, amused chuckle. “He came into my house wearing combat boots and eyeliner.” I smiled, picturing it. “I didn’t say much then. Just watched. Observed. That’s how I was raised. You don’t speak until you understand something.” He took a slow sip of tea, then went on. “But over time, I saw something else. The way he looked at her. The way he cared for her. When she got sick, nothing serious, just a bad flu, he took time off from work, and he was working at a music store but it was honest work and he was trying hard to rebuild his life. He asked if he could stay with her, and proceeded to stay at her side the whole time. Even sang to her when she couldn’t sleep… and it was only the flu! I think I expected someone very brash, but he surprised me.” His voice softened, and there was pride beneath it now. “That’s when I understood. Love… it doesn’t always come in the form you expect. But when it’s real, you see it. You feel it.” He glanced over at me, eyes steady. “That’s how I feel when I look at you and Jon,” Jon's dad began, his voice carrying a mix of sincerity and reflection. He leaned forward slightly, his gaze steady on Jim. “He told us a lot about you, and I'll admit, I had my concerns. The age difference, cultural differences it all made me wonder. But seeing you both together now, it's clear I had nothing to worry about.” Jon's father did not say much, but when he did it was expressed with sincerity. It is very clear Jim made a positive impression on Jon's family. He relished the kindness and warmth with which he received from all family members, and this will only enhance his relationship with Jon given both are very family-oriented. It was clear Jon had discussed Jim openly with his family @pvtguy as they knew of his recent promotion. It is possible Jon had mentioned Jim's easygoing relationship with Alex and the difficulties he is experiencing with Keith and his attitude. If so, Jon's family may not have felt comfortable or felt it would be intrusive to ask about Alex and Keith, or that it would be impolite to ask about Alex only and not about Keith. Similarly, Jim may not have felt comfortable talking about his sons given he has only just met Jon's family. I daresay future visits may include discussion of his family, and perhaps Alex may even accompany them on a return visit. A most enjoyable chapter @ChromedOutCortex, with not a mention of Keith to annoy me and @CincyKris (LOL). And I like the song.
-
I was very surprised and frankly disappointed by the behaviour of both Andrew and Ryan @pvtguy. I thought both were unnecessarily harsh in their discussion with the headmaster Mr Scott. He appeared genuine in his assessment of the situation and the action(s) he intended taking, and should have been given the opportunity to do so without any veiled threat of donations being compromised or the children removed from the school. After all, it is not his fault that two boys who attend the school have been raised by homophobes who undoubtedly encouraged their children to behave like bullies towards the Devlin-Major children, and as he correctly stated there is only so much the school can do to counteract such behaviour if the parents encourage such behaviour, which clearly they did when they removed their sons from the school shortly thereafter. Ryan's mention of the donations, made both he and Andrew appear to have a sense of entitlement, which is something they have NEVER displayed before. Like many have said, I also admired Cameron's and Elizabeth's defence of Fiona. Andrew and Ryan are clearly doing a splendid job as parents, instilling not only a strong sense of right and wrong and fairness into young minds, but also standing up for what is right and wrong and fair. Bullies beware the Devlin-Major twins, particularly as Elizabeth appears to be as fearless as Cameron. Another fine chapter @Andre Delport, one which has provoked some differences of opinion, a hallmark of quality writing.
-
I don't think I could grow a Merv Hughes handlebar moustache like Glenn's @Mark Ponyboy Peters, especially now as it would be grey/white.
-
A lifetime of hidden grief for a love lost to the arms of Neptune. Killian's find a closure and comfort to Elizabeth and her beloved Dottie. Given your precis of All Things Lost @Josh Aterovis, this story appears to be a natural segue with Love On The Rocks the apparent aftermath of Reap The Whirlwind. Dare I say Reap The Whirlwind, What The Ocean Keeps and All Things Lost could be your "natural element" trilogy @Josh Aterovis.
-
A quirky little quickie with a touch of the paranormal which demonstrates the inherent kindness and strength of character of Killian. The result of his kindness, an acceptance of his actions and the result therefrom.
-
- 1
-
-
My learned fellow reader @drsawzall mentioned the delightful Uncle Charlie in his comment. An octogenarian gay man (Uncle Charlie that is, not @drsawzall) with a heart of gold and a wealth of lifetime experiences, provides comfort and joy to the budding gay man in Adam Connelly. The first two chapters of this story are harrowing as Adam's then wife, the despicable Eve, wreaks havoc on his life. Uncle Charlie is his saviour, a man who offers so much and asks very little in return. A superb addition to the Killian Kendall series of stories. A warning to readers with high blood pressure, Eve's behaviour is bound to enrage so exercise caution.
-
- 2
-
-
A delightful addition to the Killian Kendall works of @Josh Aterovis. Light-hearted, warm and fuzzy, but not overly sentimental mush. Kane proves himself a true ally to the LGBTQI community once again in this vignette. No appearance by his hateful toxic mother only adds to the joy this story elicits.
-
- 1
-
-
Great story. Kane is a true ally, motivated by his love for Seth, his Dad, Steve and Killian. Ty is someone who will benefit from the Connelly embrace. The best part of the story though for me @Josh Aterovis is knowing that Eve is still all alone. Justice prevails.
-
@Summerabbacat has no singing ability at all @Mark Ponyboy Peters; it is best he be a silent "vocalist" like Maizie Williams and Bobby Farrell from Boney M., or the two guys from Milli Vanilli. Glenn Hughes aka the Leatherman from the Village People had a rather good singing voice; his rendition of Danny Boy in Can't Stop The Music (the movie) showcased it well. @Summerabbacat would also not be seen dead in all that leather if it was real; he does have several beautiful pairs of shoes and boots, and wallets and belts, all made in Brazil from vegan leather, from Vegan Style, a store formerly open in Fitzroy in Melbourne, but now an online store only. Samantha's choice of song, True Colours, was very appropriate for the party at large, even for herself as she does not fit the mold of the typical mother. YMCA like Nutbush City Limits is always a crowd pleaser at such gatherings. I hope Tony soon reveals his purchase of Aarontone to Aaron. Perhaps on their way back home he may make a detour down Beachside Lane for this very purpose. And a huge selection of songs about fire to choose from @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Fire by the Pointer Sisters, Fire by the Ohio Players, Light My Fire by Amii Stewart (sorry @weinerdog, I hate the original by The Doors), Fire Down Below by Tina Charles and I'm On Fire by 5000 Volts (vocals by Tina Charles), all great songs which I love to varying degrees, but no, I have chosen an almost unknown to most people, a song from 1978 by Sheila & B. Devotion, a "group" from France, with "vocals" by Sheila. She does have astonishingly great pins and flexibility to contrast her lack of vocal talent. Best known for a disco cover of Singing In The Rain and the mega-fabulous Chic written and produced Spacer from 1980.
-
Sandy's Hearing and Thanksgiving
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Sandy's Hearing and Thanksgiving
Well done @Lee Wilson. Slimy slot Sandy got what she deserved. Gavin, it almost seems too good to be true, but he does appear to be maintaining his new kinder persona, and with minimal effort.- 16 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
There is an ABBA, Donna, Kylie or Kate Bush song for just about all occasions @Josh Aterovis. And I have to agree with Uncle Charlie, Orville Peck is definitely on the delicious side.
-
I have NEVER been embarrassed to admit I love disco, always have and always will. I can count on two hands, perhaps even on one hand, the number of disco songs I do not like, Disco Duck by Rick Dees being the one I dislike the most. I have always loved ABBA too, even when it was uncool to do so.
-
Jacob & the naked tea
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Jacob & the naked tea
I do like Jacob @Robert Hugill; a healthy dose of irreverence, mixed with a wicked sense of humour and a sharp intellect. He appears to fit well into "the family", an appreciation of Gray's poetry and a desire to work well with Vince. Gray's discomfort with the thought of dining with Sandra was very amusing. He is at times charmingly precious. -
A beautifully written, moving, heartfelt and ultimately positive chapter @Josh Aterovis, with Uncle Charlie watching over Adam even in death. What a joy to witness the start of Adam and Steve's relationship. Donna sums it up beautifully what is beginning to happen.
-
This chapter started badly for Adam with a return visit to one orifice, the c#$t known as Eve, the troll to whom he was married. After leaving the stench of Eve, Adam arrived at his workplace, only to be "greeted" by another equally odiferous orifice, the arsehole known as his supervisor. The supervisor could not have been any less sympathetic to Adam had he tried. Frosty, rigid and devoid of any compassion. In one respect, Eve did Adam a favour; her outing him and shaming him, showed him how little he was valued and respected in the workplace, forcing him to move on to something more deserving of his talents and time. The chapter concluded with the affirmation of Adam by Uncle Charlie. Uncle Charlie, part Anna Madrigal, part Agador, part Sylvester (the singer, not the cat). No longer able to do The Hustle, The Bump or The Busstop, he is still full of life and has taken Adam under his wing, and in doing so is being neither patronising nor pitying. I hope one day to witness a meeting between Ilana and Eve. Ilana would tear strips off Eve, reducing her overinflated opinion of herself, and her sense of entitlement and moral superiority, to barely a quiver. Speaking of Ilana, it was only with the mention of her name that the penny dropped. Bryant, this is the same Bryant who made brief appearances in both Bleeding Hearts and Reap The Whirlwind. An outstanding chapter @Josh Aterovis, beautifully written. A #1 hit 50 years ago when @Summerabbacat was barely a kitten (I wish).
-
There are not enough expletives in my vocabulary (and it will surprise no one when I admit the number is extensive) to describe my feelings for that miserable, disgusting, vile, c u next Tuesday named Eve. I have reached a new level of contempt and loathing for her after this chapter. I will now refer to her as Marjorie Nancy Tiffany Donald as she has no redeeming qualities; she is evil personified. @Tris commented he felt devastated after reading this chapter. I do too, mixed with a palpable rage. After reading Bright Things Come To Confusion the loss of Seth felt even more painful and pointless after witnessing the misery he and Kane had lived through because of this miserable bitch. This chapter is the start of that misery, a misery brought on by this pious, deluded, hateful bitch. The idiom 'life can be so unfair' has never been truer. Seth should still be alive and Eve should be the rotting corpse. A powerful chapter @Josh Aterovis. Eve symbolises much of what I despise in our species.
-
Adam has certainly undergone a substantial transformation from the acquiescent late teen he was in this story to the unapologetic gay father he was when first introduced in Bleeding Hearts after the murder of Seth. "Eve had been incredibly, and perhaps uncharacteristically, supportive through the entire ordeal, fiercely defending me while loudly denouncing Eric." Although I despise Eve and hoped she would not make an appearance in this story, I am glad she has appeared. As a late teen she was already a manipulative, cold-hearted, nasty bitch who had all the markings of the c#$t she became in Bright Things Come To Confusion and Bleeding Hearts. Her treatment of Adam in this chapter was as shabby as his treatment of Eric; frankly both needed a good hard slapping for their callous, self-serving and self-absorbed behaviour. Thankfully Adam changed significantly and for the better, Eve changed too, but for the worse. "After a few days of watching Eric be treated like a pariah, he did ask if this is how Jesus would treat him, but he was quickly shot down with a barrage of Bible verses and didn't push farther." The treatment of Eric was unsurprisingly appalling and cruel, however, I did find amusement in his question. If Jesus was the person he was alleged to have been, I believe he would have been outraged at the treatment of Eric, and would likely have found Eric far more suitable company than the pious puritans who denounced Eric in his name. A thought provoking chapter @Josh Aterovis. I have taken my time to comment, allowed the rage to quieten before I commented. Had I commented immediately my comments on Adam would have been less than flattering as my immediate reaction was that he was a spineless weasel whose treatment of Eric was to some degree worse than those who denounced Eric the loudest. Adam was in an awkward position and I do think he should have made more of an effort to defend Eric, although ultimately it would have made little difference as the sheeple had "witnessed" the sin of the sodomite and wanted revenge. Republicans in the making.
-
Jason just isn’t feeling it
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Jason just isn’t feeling it
As was waxing and laser hair removal. I am not a fan of the "flokati" look either @drsawzall. Smooth surfaces are the way to go "downstairs".
