Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,334
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. You nailed it @Lee Wilson. Right-on Russell assessed Stephen's panic attack immediately and responded in a professional and respectful manner. Cool, calm and collected. Your description of Stephen's panic attack and the responses of those around him was understated, with just a little concern from Pauline initially, until Right-on Russell intervened and assuaged her fears. The whole scene was very well written, so much so I felt as if I was witness to the events literally. Many have commented that Stephen's quick actions in saving Leon from a certain rape, and perhaps even death, will strengthen the bond between Stephen and Leon. I have no doubt this will be so. Any verbal assault on either, the other will be quick to defend. The concerns voiced by @weinerdog in his comments are very valid, I am almost certain both boys will face some negative comments from ignoramuses who will take it upon themselves to pass judgment on the morality of both boys. Outstanding chapter @Lee Wilson.
  2. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    Along with Bessie Smith and Billie Holiday, whose men invariably beat them as well as cheating on them.
  3. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    Anything would be better than making out with millennial mullet Malady. I have even had the misfortune of "hearing" her speak @KKirk. She has one of those high-pitched, exceedingly annoying little girl voices, and often finishes a sentence with a coquettish giggle, one which she thinks is cute and alluring, but is about as appealing as a dose of gonorrhoea. I have wanted to slap her, repeatedly, on several occasions. After Saturday night Malady will no longer be of any importance. She will be so:
  4. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    "I kept having to think of Mrs. Langley, our obese history teacher, to keep my dick in a controlled state." The funniest line in this story so far, I about fell off my chair reading it @KKirk. Mike is an outrageous flirt, he knows full well the impact his sexy appearance and flirtatious behaviour is having on Rick. He is also quite brazen, almost kissing Rick on the bus to Lubbock. I expect Malady will either ignore Rick or laugh in his face when he learns she has stepped out on him. His inner Patsy Cline will yearn for her, at least until the three-way at Mike's place scheduled to take place on Saturday. After experiencing an explosion of Vesuvian magnitude, his response to queries regarding Malady will be - who?
  5. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 3

    “Hi, Rick,” she answered enthusiastically. “How did you do?” I explained the results of the prelims and that the relay team would be in the finals. “How did the others do?” “Randy advanced to finals but Mike didn’t.” “Gosh, Randy is so good, unlike you loser!" Hmm. That seemed like a lot of enthusiasm for my swimming rival. “So, uhm, I’m sorry to miss Valentine’s Day,” I said to change the subject. “Oh,” she breezed, “that’s okay. You’ll make it up to me at prom, and if you don't it's bye bye loser” Interesting. I expected a little moaning about not being able to take her to the Valentine’s Dance. “How will I make it up to you?” “You’ll think of something really romantic. Something better than the other guys do for their prom dates, unless you really are the loser I am beginning to think you might be”. I heard the additional inferred comments in bold text when Rick spoke to Melody (who I predict will be referred to as 'Malady' before too much longer) after failing to win any of his races. At the moment he is a suitable piece of arm candy for Melody, but this will not remain the case for long, she will move onto someone more "impressive", someone who is more "worthy" of her time, someone who is a winner. The irony of the situation will be Rick will move onto someone more suitable, someone who isn't her, someone more suitably endowed (fingers crossed). Maybe he will join the navy @drsawzall. Melody - vacuous or conniving, unaware or mercenary?
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 2

    Methinks Randy and Mike may already have "walked on the wild side" with each other, and that Rick has to play "catch up". They seemed very comfortable, for allegedly straight guys, discussing the physiques of other men and the physiques of each other. There was a familiarity in their banter which suggested to me they may have done a little more than a jerk-off session with each other. Saving one's cum is believed to boost qi and its circulation. Of course, having a 'protein' shake courtesy of a friend as @drsawzall has suggested is likely to occur, could also overcome the loss of qi from frequent drainage. If Coach Lane looks anything like the man in the turquoise speedo, I am amazed that at least one of the boys swimming times has not deteriorated due to "boner drag". Imagine "tossing his salad"? A healthy, filling meal no doubt.
  7. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 1

    A hilarious chapter @KKirk. I have no idea why, but the jerk-off session between Rick, Randy and Mike made me think of a scene from my all-time favourite film, Victor/Victoria; the scene in which Norma (played magnificently by Lesley Anne Warren) calls out to King (played by James Garner): Pookie, I'm horny. When that scene popped into my head I found myself laughing so at the jerk-off scene. Most enjoyable story so far @KKirk.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Prologue

    I love the names of the girlfriends @KKirk, Gretchen Anderson and Melody Williams. I can almost bet they are going to be grade A bitches, especially if and when they don't get what they want. I predict millennial princesses of the worst kind; nasty, malicious and backstabbing, the future Real Housewives of Lubbock.
  9. I too have suspected something, perhaps salacious about Aunt Marjorie, from the mention of her in one of the earliest chapters of this story @centexhairysub. The fact she seemingly fled England never to return or be heard from again suggests a falling out with, or a very different outlook on life from, her brother Macdonald Philpott. Perhaps she was a lesbian, or was an unmarried mother (shock, horror, what a scandal), or was an artist who wanted to escape a suffocating family environment, or maybe she just wanted to fuck her way through Europe leaving behind a string of lovers. I guess we will have to wait and see if @Robert Hugill gives us the lowdown on Aunt Marjorie.
  10. #2 'Most Read Romance' for the month ending 13/06/25, 1 week after being #1 on the 'Most Read General Fiction' for the month ending 06/06/25. Clearly this story is a winner.
  11. The following comment from Aaron was disturbing in its honesty: "Those guys haven’t changed a bit,’ I said as we watched their retreating backs. ‘No, they haven’t. And if it wasn’t for them, I’d probably be dead by now,’ Aaron said. ‘Well then, I know that some might call this blasphemy, but I thank the Lord for sending you those two angels.’ ‘So do I,’ he said softly. ‘I can never repay them for what they did for me." Aaron still has many problems to work through. With Tony clearly now at his side, the path to recovery should be smoother. Marvellous chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I sense another top 10 entry for this story is waiting in the wings.
  12. Not quite "glamping" @Paladin, but certainly not "slumming" it either. Tony certainly appears to "attract" males of the species with "ambiguous" sexuality, maybe looking for a little bit of action on the down low. The camping shop salesman appeared to be doing a little "camping" of his own, or was he merely flirting to enhance his commission. As a female real estate agent acquaintance of mine has been known to say about some of her allegedly straight male colleagues "he'd suck a cock for a property sale in the Eastern suburbs".
  13. The appearance of the Monolith, naked, armed with a gun and dangerous 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮? The appearance of the Australia Day guest of honour, the local footballer, naked, armed with his "love gun" and ready to "shoot his shot" 🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭? A bushfire🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥? A tsunami? Food poisoning? An appearance by Andy Thompson or Elvis? The return of Aaron's parents and brother? Samantha, pregnant (again) and her waters break? The possibilities are only limited by our imagination @weinerdog.
  14. This should put the boys in the mood to paaaarrrrttttyyyy @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  15. “Ah, the vexed logistics. Putting things in there.” She gave an amused smile, “And the damage it can cause.” “And the need for condoms.” Dawn’s laugh cascaded around the restaurant, “On an industrial scale.” “Probably. Peter heroically did the deed. Took Freddie a supply of condoms and managed to get the lad talking about what doing it up the bum actually entailed.” Dawn blinked, “Do I want to know?” Vince shrugged, “Some straight couples go for it. Not sure why. Not sure what the women get out of it.” “Come on Vince. No babies, keep your man happy, and probably tighter too, even if it doesn’t really hit any female G spots.” “Fuck. Are we really talking about the benefits of anal sex amongst heterosexual couples.” Another of your literary strengths @Robert Hugill, one which is very appealing, your talent for creating minor characters of such interest. And quite a number of the more memorable ones have been female. Dawn, Leslie, Evie, Mother (Susan) and Nonna. Dawn has shown herself to be quite disarming on a number of occasions now, a riotous and at times bawdy sense of humour, not shy to offer an opinion or offer words of support. Altogether a welcoming and unobtrusive friend. I am looking forward to the "proper discussion" between Gray and Matt, one during which I hope they will discuss and perhaps even engage in some very "improper" behaviour.
  16. Mayor Artie Thompson, Matthew Harrington Parkes (National Party local member for Petersen), Tara Zillmere (Miss Macquarie Harbour 2010), Jeffrey 'BigBoi' Alcock (local cricketing legend and dildo-inspiration) and Tony. A motley crew @Paladin. Tony will be the only one who is openly gay and who has not slept with a member of the Thompson family.
  17. LOL @centexhairysub, you and me both. I like my creature comforts and lying on the ground for an extended period of time just does not cut it, although I did enjoy the odd summer holiday staying in a caravan park as a teenager (not sure I could handle it now that I am so spoilt).
  18. "You’re more than welcome, Tony,’ he said quietly into my ear. ‘You are like the son that Maggie and I never had, and we’re both very proud of you.’ I was truly touched and when we separated I thought I could see a little sparkle in his eyes that hadn’t been there moments beforehand. ‘I . . . I don’t quite know what to say to that,’ I said to him. ‘That means more to me than you will ever know.’ ‘Yeah, well, not a word of this to Shi-Anne, or my percentage doubles!’ he threatened, while wiping at his eyes using the back of his hand." Harry's heartfelt confession to Tony did not surprise at all. Their playful teasing of each other and easygoing manner mask, to a certain extent, great mutual respect and affection. Each provides the other with something they are unable to derive from anyone else. Harry is a shrewd businessman. His assertion Tony's support of the Nathan Reynolds Trust and the Nathan Reynolds Hostel will be mutually beneficial, is true. Tony's celebrity status, which presumably will increase significantly if more successful movies are made from more of his books, will no doubt raise the profile of the trust and its aims, and attract benefactors. Similarly it will not hurt Tony's reputation if he is seen as a generous donor to a good cause, which should put more money in his coffers. It may seem mercenary or distasteful, but it is an unavoidable situation. I can only speak for myself, but there are a number of musicians and actors I admire not only for their music and/or movies, but also for their support of animal rights e.g. Emmylou Harris, Prince and animal rights warrior, Doris Day. I note @Mark Ponyboy Peters you have now developed the The Seachange Series, and this is the 5th story in the series. A shrewd move I think, did one Harry Preston whisper in your ear this could be good for raising your profile, catapulting you to GA superstardom?
  19. OMG that went well for Uncle Mark. NOT. You certainly excelled yourself on this occasion @Lee Wilson. I had a chuckle when recalling the naïveté of my comment after the last chapter and your rather amusing assessment thereof. Uncle Mark, harvested from the same petri dish as Kathy Nelson and Abel Kraft, even worse perhaps because he was a cold-blooded killer whose murder was premeditated and executed with a degree of pleasure. Not sorry Stephen blew his brains out, literally it would seem. I just hope the aftermath of what he has done does not cause Stephen any long-term mental health problems. His concern for Leon bordered on hysteria, which might be another reason for his post-shooting reaction. Although I am opposed to guns, I have to say in this instance I don't know if Stephen could have stopped Mark from raping Leon repeatedly with the intent of killing him, if Stephen had not shot him.
  20. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 44

    The Word Is Out, and the word is GAY. Yippee. 🥳🎉🥳🎉🥳🎉🥳🎉🥳🎉 A splendid chapter @KKirk. Calvin and Jordan seem to have much in common, a strong sense of family and an endearing kindness. Will this lead to more than friendship? I guess we readers will have to tune in next time, same bat time, same bat channel.
  21. Summerabbacat

    Family time

    The vegan restaurant sounds like my kind of restaurant. My diet is not exclusively vegan as I do eat dairy cheese, but at least 50% of my meals are vegan. Delicious fare in a quirky setting appeals greatly to this reader. This story and Not Just Another Summer have many similarities; both stories about unconventional families formed, and growing from strength to strength. Both stories although not devoid of some drama, have largely developed at a leisurely pace, and for this reason have been very appealing to many including myself. Another enjoyable chapter @Robert Hugill. The weather was by and large bloody awful, and the activities not something I would be drawn to I don't think, but you have that delightful quirk of making even the most ordinary sound appealing. One of the many reasons for the enduring popularity of your delightful stories depicting a slice of English life.
  22. Sandy's alleged penchant for booger eating was mentioned in one of the very early chapters @weinerdog, therefore, the insult was nothing new when delivered by Shelly. I am almost certain when I was a child and into my teens (the 1970's) we referred to snot as boogies rather than boogers. The reason I can recall this is because when The Sylvers had their gigantic hit Boogie Fever in 1976 we all thought "how gross". Mind you, we did not think it gross when Silver Convention invited us to Get Up And Boogie in the same year or when the Bee Gees sang about their Boogie Child the following year. Skanky Sandy aka Miss Stinky Twat was certainly a brazen little hussy at the Say Goodbye To Summer dance. If the remarks made by some of the other students were accurate, Melton Dixon aka Baby Boner, would have been lucky to touch the sides with his Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Microscopic Dinky Peenie. I just hope none of the other students slipped in any of the puddles left behind by Sandy as she dripped her way to the exit when she and Melton were ejected from the dance by the chaperones. It was very pleasing to observe the acceptance of Stephen and Michael as a couple by the majority of the students, and that Melton was the only student to negatively comment on Stephen's deformities. The joy he experienced from such a "simple" pleasure cannot be underestimated. And what of his father's response to witnessing Stephen and Michael's post-dance kiss “Nothing. I’m just glad you’re happy. Apparently, you haven’t had much of that in your life.” I turned on the waterworks with this comment, although nothing to rival the drenching Sandy gave the hall floor upon her departure. Uncle Mark's imminent arrival will no doubt cause a great deal of trouble for Leon Jr and perhaps for Stephen too, and the latter may be the recipient of unkind comments regarding his appearance from his Uncle too. I just hope no one shoots him, that he can be contained without such an occurrence taking place. Marvellous chapter @Lee Wilson. So many songs swirled in my head, particularly with the highlight of the chapter, the "girl fight" between 'sex-shy Shelly' and 'skanky Sandy'.
  23. "Office porn"? If the photographs fall into the "right" hands Aaron may have a new career as a model, although his inherent shyness and low self-esteem would likely prove a hindrance to success.
  24. A humorous description of Eva's physique, her fashion choices and passion for music, and her inherently inquisitive and friendly nature, painted a portrait of a woman whom Gray regarded as "annoying, yet delightful. I could imagine being friends." Once again @Robert Hugill, you displayed a deft hand with your description of Eva, understated yet vivid. Gray's brief discussion with Peter on his own provided solace to Gray as he thought he may have offended Peter when he jokingly teased Vince with his comment “Fuck, you are so buttoned up, sometimes I forget you fraternise with the criminal element.” The discussion cleared the air, reinforcing Gray's belief that Peter is good for Vince and that the family unit they have forged with Freddie is one built on trust and respect. The discussion with Kjell although onerous, seemingly achieved a positive outcome. Peter's role in the discussion and his subsequent "talk" with Freddie and Arvid about gay sex, further showcased the active role he is playing in this newly formed family. A delightful chapter as usual @Robert Hugill.
  25. A riveting, although by no means, easy read. Dark, explosive and twisted, like the mind of the murderer. Replete with red herrings and surprising lashings of humour, primarily courtesy of the larger, and definitely louder than life, Nikki. Well-written characters presented warts-and-all, mostly ordinary people experiencing some not-so-ordinary events. The intriguing story title fascinated me from the get-go, and it is one which is so apropos, one which could be applied by the reader in several ways.
      • 3
      • Love
×
×
  • Create New...