-
Posts
8,315 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Not that much warmer than us really. For some reason I thought it warmer and more tropical. 22°C I would still have a light jacket on as it is "chilly". I have had my heater on since 10.00am with all the doors closed and sealed as much as possible.
-
"Evie and Drew, by contrast, found the whole idea hilarious and threatened to have one of the photos of Gordon on their Christmas card. Brian thought that they were joking, but Gordon assured him that it was alarmingly possible." OMG, ya just gotta love Evie and Drew, and Gordon's comment they may feature photographs of him on their Christmas cards gave me a grand chuckle as it is highly possible. One of my favourite parts of this chapter was Brian's comments regarding Ralph and Nolan and their relationship, and the twins. His 'point of view' was sufficiently different from Ralph: Breaking Free as I had never thought of Ralph as nerdy, which was Brian's impression of him, but not in an unkind or disparaging fashion. The outrageousness and flirtatiousness of the twins appeared even more "extreme" as observed by Brian, given it was his impression of them rather than Ralph's. And Brian's comment to Gordon he would like to be friends with Ralph and Nolan was genuine and endearing. It also appears this story is going to conclude at about the same time as Ralph: Breaking Free. I also loved the openness with which Brian and Toby discussed the modelling session and its aftermath. Toby's slight embarrassment that he thought his father, Gordon and Mr Russ looked sexy was particularly amusing, and illustrated what a terrific relationship they have. A very engaging and illuminating chapter @Robert Hugill. Once again you have delivered a smorgasbord of delicious literary fare for we peasants to gorge upon.
-
Now that would be delightful, and certainly a lot bloody warmer than Sydney (and I imagine the Central Coast) are at present.
-
"Then there was Caitlin. I'd noticed that she'd had a strange expression on her face throughout the ceremony, and now she seemed to be positively glaring in our direction every time I looked her way. Whenever she noticed that I was looking at her, though, she would quickly rearrange her features into a poor imitation of a smile. It came out as more of a grimace, though, as if she were experiencing some sort of sudden attack of gastrointestinal pain." Wind, haemorrhoids, menstrual cramps? It could well be the latter as I am having serious doubts now that Caitlin is pregnant. And what was with the: "I can see the writing on the wall, Will. You've got your perfect little family now. Except, where does that leave me?", and the: "You're a lying little snake," she said in a low voice that sent chills down my spine. "I see right through you." Did she think Will was attracted to her and was going to play happy little nuclear families so as to rescue her sorry arse? If she is pregnant she is as responsible for this as what Joey was, if he was in fact the father. The wedding was well planned by Adam aka Dolly Levi. All that white and gold for some reason made me think of Billy Porter. I briefly wondered if Billy might make an appearance or if Asher might come dressed in a Billy Porter inspired outfit. Perhaps there was not enough room in the apartment for Asher to make an appearance in such a lavish creation. Aidan has certainly made a great start to married life, NOT. The fact he made such a song and dance about his secret phone call is concerning. Is it something he does not want Will to know about or has he planned something elaborate and is waiting for it to be delivered as a surprise for Will? Perhaps he knows Taylor Swift and she is going to make an appearance? Or better still Mink Stole, Ricki Lake, Deborah Harry and JW himself are going to make an appearance courtesy of Aidan's other cousin, the author Joshua Montgomery Annapolis aka @Josh Aterovis. A very perplexing chapter @Josh Aterovis. I am no closer to being certain who the killer is. As for the marriage, is it doomed? During the ceremony itself I was hearing Agnetha's beautiful vocals on I've Bee Waiting For You, a wonderful song from ABBA's eponymous album, but by the end of the chapter it was Frida's haunting vocals on Knowing Me, Knowing You from the incomparable Arrival. Fantastic song (my all time favourite) and a great video, apart from Frida's fucking hideous fur coat. You are keeping us guessing until the very end Joshua Montgomery Annapolis.
-
Gavin's Idiocy and The Village People
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Gavin's Idiocy and The Village People
Both the single Can't Stop The Music by the Village People and the soundtrack album for the movie of the same name were #1 hits in Australia in 1980 and amongst the biggest of the year on the singles and albums charts (#6 and #9 respectively). The movie was also a huge hit in Australia, unlike in most other markets where it bombed. I have both the soundtrack and the movie on CD and DVD respectively. The movie was critically panned and it really is quite atrocious, but it is one of those guilty pleasures, so bad that it is good. Valerie Perrine plays the leading lady and her character's name is Samantha. The movie also stars Steve Guttenberg, June Havoc, Barbara Rush, Tammy Grimes, Bruce Jenner (pre-transition Caitlyn Jenner) as Valerie Perrine's love interest, the Village People, and a brief appearance by The Ritchie Family, who were very successful in Australia, much more so than they were in the USA. -
It takes two to tango
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in It takes two to tango
Perhaps he was like Rocky (Peter Hinwood rather than Sylvester Stallone) and developed "muscle" from following the Charles Atlas exercise regime? -
It takes two to tango
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in It takes two to tango
Only my cats are unfortunate enough to be subject to my cuddles and kisses. My youngest, Missy, loves them. Frida, my eldest, not so much. -
It takes two to tango
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in It takes two to tango
I believe you have referred to it elsewhere as non-Balkanic @Cane23 (LOL). -
I agree with my fellow readers that Aaron must learn to fully trust Tony for the health of their relationship; however, I would go one step further and state he must also learn to fully trust himself. His insecurity in his relationship with Tony is I believe mostly due to his low self-esteem. I think he still believes he is not "worthy" of Tony, primarily because of his station in life in comparison to Tony's. I think Tony's declaration "Aaron, I want you to know,’ I began, ‘that you are going to be involved in, and have a say in, everything I do from here on." will, if maintained by Tony, make a substantial difference to Aaron's self-esteem. Although Aaron may not have the capacity to finance anything other than a contribution to their home, I believe he will have much to offer in other ways. A pivotal chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, one which heralds a turning point in the relationship between Tony and Aaron. As much as I admire and like Tony, I have a real "soft spot" for Aaron, one which only grows the more we come to learn of his life after Tony's departure.
-
It takes two to tango
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in It takes two to tango
“Sorry, Vince. I should have made more effort.” He looked at me and smiled, “Well, I could say the same. As Bas said, it takes two to tango.” Gray and Vince have reached a comfortable point in their relationship, one where they can honestly discuss the past, present and future without fear of offending the other, even if they have differing recollections or points of view. I believe Vince's much improved relationship with Gray is helping his relationships with Freddie and Peter too. A truly delightful chapter @Robert Hugill. I eagerly await "movement" in the relationship between Gray and Matt and further appearances by Moggie.- 19 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Detective Grafton certainly appeared to "promote" Laura as the most likely suspect for the murder of Robert Meade at least. Her telephone call to Robert whilst he was talking to Will, her return to Keiyara's apartment after Will and Aidan left, and the fact Joey was arguing with a girl, must make Laura the prime suspect for all three murders, but is it all circumstantial and just a little "too neat"? If she murdered Joey what was her motive? Did she argue with him about his appalling treatment of Will and it was a crime of passion? I still don't trust Caitlin. I may be wrong, but I thought initially she asked Will for $2,000.00 to assist with various tests etc for the baby, but in this chapter he handed over $5,000.00. Her "complaint" that she expected cash also troubled me. I doubt he will ever see that money again, particularly if it is she who was the killer. Will's "reunion" with his father was an emotional one. His deathbed apology will likely provide Will with some comfort, although I have to wonder had his father lived if he would have followed his words with the actions to match. I cannot recall it being said Will is adopted, so unless his father is significantly older than his mother, I assume his father is in his mid 50's to early 60's at the oldest, which seems very young to have "suddenly" had such serious heart health issues. And although I find his refusal to have any surgery because he was placing his faith in God to be complete nonsense, I must admire his stance in choosing what to do with his body, even though I strongly believes his body belongs to God. Riveting chapter again @Josh Aterovis. I revisited the Prolouge and assume it was Dr Wohler Will was seeing after the murders had been solved and the killer apprehended. The only thing I am sure of after re-reading it is that Will is not the killer.
-
Good thinking @Lee Wilson. I strongly suspect your interpretation is correct.
-
A very satisfying chapter @Paladin. I thought the arrest scenes were exceptionally well-written, particularly the responses of Horse and Uncle Phil, both such smug bullies. There was even an element of "humour" in both arrest scenes, firstly when Gail Mary Henderson aka Dr Jackson implicated both Horse and herself in the crimes for which they have been arrested, and secondly when Aunty Mary was caught red-handed trying to delete computer records. I was very impressed with Patrick O'Brien's visit to Constable Frank Simpson and Michael Hooper to thank them for their contribution to the success of the raids. This behaviour is likely one of the reasons he is so well regarded within the Police Force. Daniel's decision to disclose to Patrick all that he knows of the child pornography operation will only strengthen what already appears to be well documented evidence and a successfully executed raid.
-
Gavin's Idiocy and The Village People
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Gavin's Idiocy and The Village People
Leon's defence of Tevin, Ted and himself was one of the highlights of this chapter. He showed remarkable calm and commonsense in his contact with 911 and with the police officer who arrived at the scene of Gavin's assault on Tevin, Ted and himself. Gavin showed remarkable stupidity in attempting to single-handedly seriously assault the three boys. Gavin is seemingly a combination of Jeff's stupidity and Melton's malice. "Friends? We talked about that the past two days you weren't around. You only wanted us around so you could seem like you were like a leader or something. We heard that Terry called you a Nazi and we realized that you basically were one. You always picked on the black or Jewish kids. We're you're 'friends' because we're all at least partially German. Well, feel free to find yourself a bunker and do the world a favor like your idol, Adolph. Get lost, dickhead." I found this observation by Wilhelm (Bill) very interesting. Was this a conscious move on Gavin's part or merely coincidental? Did he know Ted was Jewish and this is why he forced him to perform sexual favours on him? Bill was seemingly the leading dissenter responsible for the break up of Gavin's little clique. Perhaps he "inherited" some of his resistance from that very famous Dietrich who fled Nazi Germany and was one of its greatest critics and the allies greatest supporters during WWII. Like many have said, it was very pleasing to observe Stephen's acceptance by the swimming team at the YMCA. I have to ask @Lee Wilson, was the teenage girl who told Stephen she thought he was cute named Samantha (sorry, a Can't Stop The Music movie reference)? -
I remember you stating this in another comment. You must have acclimatised to the colder weather. I grew up on the North Coast of NSW and every year when it was 35°C+ on Christmas day and for much of summer I was very happy.
-
You have certainly been bingeing @Gary L. I assume you are still visiting Blighty and therefore not at the beck and call of a certain demanding pooch. Will she give you "the eye" when you return home to voice her displeasure?
-
"MY foster placement after my parents died was with a really nice woman, I have to admit. Karen Fulton. To be honest, when I found out initially I was going to her home, I almost refused. Carla told me she was an older woman, mid-fifties, who had no husband—turns out he passed a decade prior due to cancer—and only had one cat. Benjamin. I was skeptical. My mom hated cats, called them the devil, so naturally I grew up hating them too". And there we have it, the root cause of all the troubles that have ailed Jonah throughout his life, but particularly since the night of the ill-fated party. His mother, who struck me as smart and pleasant at the time, hated cats. Her abhorrent hatred of cats, which she passed onto Jonah, has been his downfall. Hopefully, Benjamin will totally rid him of any lingering doubts he may have as to the superiority of cats when he stays with Karen on this occasion. Karen, she with the totally unsuitable given name, is a delight. Her "brand" of Christianity is obviously totally different to Irene's. She appears to practice the basics tenets of Christianity, whereas iniquitous Irene practices the fire and brimstone "brand" of Christianity. It was wonderful to observe Jonah rebut Irene's claims regarding James, denouncing her for hypocrisy; and even more wonderful to observe Karen's wholehearted support for Jonah's denunciation of her. "She's a bitch", the highlight of this chapter. “So you know how we were trying to get contents from Victor’s phone? “Yeah?” “Turns out there was stuff on it. A whole video documenting him practically putting a roofie into my drink. I leaked it. And now his parents are pissed off and trying to get me expelled next year.” I am not sure what Will means by "him practically putting a roofie into my drink". I would think Victor either did or did not put a roofie into Will's drink. If he did, then surely he can be charged with something. And if he did, and his parents are only pissed off at Will for leaking the video, it once again demonstrates how vile they are, totally unfit to be parents. I would love to see Victor removed from their care and they be charged with something serious like money-laundering, racketeering, insider-trading, anything which results in lengthy prison sentences. What a despicable pair of parasites. A tremendous chapter @irivera.
- 17 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
My Mark on Your Heart
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in My Mark on Your Heart
Now that is what I call a speculation, one which is very appealing @Paladin.- 34 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
My Mark on Your Heart
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in My Mark on Your Heart
It would be hilarious and very fitting to see Ryder get those bitches alone and "shift" in their presence, and then deny it when they disclose it. They would literally crap themselves I think.- 34 comments
-
- 11
-
-
You should know what we Sydneysider's are like @Bft; we have very thin blood. I find anything less than 26-27°C requires at least a lightweight jacket. I have always been like this, even as a child I would often have a coat on and other children would wonder why.
-
Where my mother lives in rural NSW they recently had the worst flooding for nearly 100 years; over 700mm of rain in 5 days. My brother lives not far away and has pneumonia, which he said is rife in the town because of the flooding, which has left behind significant environmental and property damage and mould.
-
"Oh yes, he knew guys did that, but Brian had never been able to work out how and wondered whether you could bring on a heart attack or something from the combination of heat and sexual excitement. I had a great chuckle at this thought of Brian's as it is something which I have also wondered in the past. Brian is the one who tends to be a worrywart at times, but he is always reassured but never mocked, by Gordon who has a calming effect on him, just as he has on Toby too. “Depends on your other boyfriends.” Brian was smiling." >Now, listen. Just to be clear. There’s just you two in my life. It works for me, I’m fond of you, of the lot of you and I couldn’t have it any other way. “Good, because that’s us too.” Russ nodded. >So, we’re clear, it’s the three of us. “Living in threes.” Damn @Robert Hugill, you scared the bejesus out of me with the content of the discussion above, which I assume took place via FaceTime or Skype. Given the story title was included in the discussion, I immediately thought this might be the final chapter. I was very pleased and relieved to find this was not the case. You have spoiled your fans to such an extent that the end of any story you publish is a sad occasion. It is officially winter now in Sydney, Australia, which I loathe. The temperature today only reached 17°C, positively frigid as it has been very wet of late too, with moss and mould everywhere out and about. I have my heating on and have been chilled to the bone all day; add to this the mention of Finland and Lapland, especially at Christmas time, had me shivering almost uncontrollably such is the power of your written word (reading Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights has the same effect on me). As is always the case in the Hugillverse, I enjoyed this chapter immensely, apart from the momentary scare that it might have been the final chapter.
-
A very moving chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, one which I found very challenging to read and to remain objective about. My reaction to Nathan Reynolds family was exactly the same as Tony's. Tony has been where Nathan was, therefore he is acutely aware of the turmoil Nathan must have gone through before he was murdered. Given his own experience, I am certain Tony will be able to work with Shelley Reynolds and the Reynolds family to help others who find themselves in the same situation, regardless of what he thinks of them and their actions which led to Nathan's murder.
-
My Mark on Your Heart
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in My Mark on Your Heart
"He had spoken the truth earlier. He would never love Theodore. But he could see himself loving Danny Wilson the human, and that was a dangerous thought. Wolves didn’t mate with humans." and "It was easy to dismiss Danny as a puny human being. Yet right now, he had more power over Ryder than anyone else ever had." and "A wolf and a human couldn’t be destined for each other. He and Danny had proved that wrong. No, he shook his head and let out a soft whine, pressing his cheek against Danny’s leg, still resting against his shoulder. This was only pleasure, a fleeting delight before he returned to his duty and the cruel nature of his fate." and "He jolted as Danny’s right hand clutched at the hair on his chest. And then, blunt fingernails moved over his skin, following the traces of the wound Theodore had given him, replacing them with a new sensation." Ryder's doubts regarding his fated mated Theodore Pembroke increased exponentially in this chapter, doubts he is finding it increasingly difficult to silence. Danny may be small in stature but he possesses a sexual power over Ryder which could send a rocket into orbit. Given how scent-oriented Ryder is I am still surprised he has not realised, or if he has he is denying it, that it is Danny's scent which is all powerful and alluring, whereas Theodore gave off no scent at all. If he was Ryder's fated mate surely his scent would be stronger than the incense from Eclipse Aromatics. @drsawzall got Sweet Mystery Of Life from this chapter, I got: Well done @Laura S. Fox, this chapter sizzled, burned up the page like a Disco Inferno.- 34 comments
-
- 14
-
-
Laura! Say it isn't so @Josh Aterovis. If Robbie Meade shows up dead then it will only strengthen Aidan's hypothesis the killer is either Laura or Caitlin. I am hoping it is Caitlin, even though I am not a fan of Laura either. Whomever it is, they need to be caught soon before they kill again, which I think is a strong possibility. The impending marriage has taken a back seat to the continuing investigation. Is Aidan having doubts now given he sought reassurance from Will that he is committed to proceeding with the wedding? I was somewhat amused (actually very amused) by some of the questions posed by Aidan, particularly regarding Will's upbringing in a strongly religious home. My immediate thought was, these questions should have been raised and the responses examined and/or debated before either agreed to marry. Are Will and Aidan following in Britney and Jason's footsteps? Will they be Lucky in marriage or will their relationship become Toxic when they realise how little they really know each other. Once married, Oops I Did It Again becomes much harder to resolve than if they are merely cohabiting. A revelatory chapter @Josh Aterovis; one which if Robbie Meade spoke the truth, strongly suggests the killer is a female. Will the killer determine it necessary to silence Robbie Meade, will it be a case of murder .... Baby One More Time?
