-
Posts
8,359 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
I had the same thought @Paladin, in fact, I had him pictured as El Supremo, the Jack of Spades, if the Jack of Spades is in fact the El Supremo. The irony would be delicious and a loud slap in the face for Rebecca. I thought it was mentioned Rebecca's parents were deceased when Melissa went to visit her with the gift for Mary's birthday. I just revisited chapter 6 where this event occurred and there was no mention of their parents though, so I must have imagined it or assumed they are dead because they are never mentioned. I don't recall either of his grandparents being mentioned in the spin-off stories about Joshua. As I indicated above, I highly recommend these spin-off stories and they do not reveal anything about the conclusion of this story, although quite a few of the "cast" are featured in the spin-off stories to varying degrees. I assume the Jack of Spades is a person of political, judicial or industrial importance @Paladin, someone with enormous wealth and/or power who leverages their power and/or wealth to achieve whatever outcome they desire, someone who does not entertain the word 'no' when they make a request/demand.
- 20 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
I think the inept interrogation was to lull Rizzo into a false sense of security @pvtguy, a false sense he may be able to share with the Jack of Spades and the Aces who are the lifeblood of the boy flesh porn racket. If he and the others who are the driving force of this racket think the CPD and FBI are onto them they will either move or dispose of the "merchandise". If they believe the CPD and FBI are clueless they are more likely to become careless themselves hopefully.
- 20 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Unfortunately he is still married to her as late as November 2024 @pvtguy. @empath has written and published two stories about the life of adult Joshua (baby Joshua in this story) in which Rebecca and John Renkin are still married to each other, and she is at least as toxic, perhaps even more so, than she currently is. In those stories, which I highly recommend, she is only mentioned in passing, she has not contaminated them yet with an actual appearance. The mere mention of her name though is like poison to those who have been unfortunate enough to be acquainted with her to any degree.
- 20 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
-
-
Pure evil has many faces. Charles Miller, Jason Rizzo, William and Rebecca Renkin. She may not be involved in the child porn racket, but in my eyes she is as equally degenerate as those who are. Her description of Micah as an urchin was even lower than I thought she would sink. Clearly I have underestimated how truly toxic and despicable she is. She has no redeeming qualities, not one. It is perfectly understandable why her husband hates her with a passion and her children are at best indifferent to her. She has nothing to offer anyone which is of any worth. She is an entitled parasite, sucking the lifeblood out of those she should be nurturing. With her wealth she could do so much good, imagine the difference she could make to the lives of the boys, but no they are urchins in her narrow self-centred world. It is unfortunate she is still alive 32 years later, still sucking the lifeblood out of all those whose lives she has poisoned with her presence. I can only hope as Joshua's life progresses she is diagnosed with a terminal illness and all those who under normal circumstances would have provided comfort to her i.e. John and her children, turn their back on her. She is the epitome of a c#*t. I must say @empath there was much to like about this chapter, such as the progress being made in locating some of the boys and Daniel's offer to Qian Chang, but for me everything was overshadowed by the behaviour of Rebecca Renkin such that I am fixated on her.
- 20 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
OMG Brett and Vincent have been dating for 1 month and they are only now making love. Such virtue, such restraint, such aching balls. No wonder their first time was so 🔥🔥🔥. Tina Charles, who was the singer of this song, although it is not she who appears in the video, describes it best. And now Brett and Vincent are to be uncles and Ben a cousin. The selection of When A Child Is Born most appropriate, and although I am not fond of children, I have to acknowledge the beauty of the message of this song, particularly when sung by the great Johnny Mathis, a very handsome member of the LGBTQI community and a consummate singer. The video clip might be a little too syrupy for some, but I think it encapsulates the "message" of this story to perfection @Ticklishboy30, and it doesn't hurt that Johnny is "smoking hot" in the video clip.
-
I don't think being able to sing is a requirement to be a rock/pop star @Paladin. There are plenty of popular "singers" today who owe their popularity to something other than their singing talent.
-
I think @Paladin is being bashful @Ticklishboy30. He may be a little older than me but for reasons unknown I can see him rocking a pair of those boots ala Gene Simmons or Paul Stanley from Kiss belting out Rock N Roll All Nite, I Was Made For Lovin' You, Sure Know Something, Shout It Loud or Love Gun.
-
With all this pre-Christmas tickling taking place I hope all have plenty of spare underwear as someone is bound to have an "accident" sooner or later. I loved Ben's serious stance to begin with when he was "interviewing" Vincent to ensure he was good enough for his Uncle Brett. For a fleeting moment it appeared Vincent took him seriously and was ready to hyperventilate. "Do you think you'll ever cheat on him, abuse him, or make him wear a neon pink leotard with bright purple leg warmers and orange ballet slippers? If the answer is yes to the leotard and legwarmers, I'd love a picture." had me in stitches. What a hideously garish colour combination, one which appealed to me enormously. Pink, purple and orange. The only colour missing was emerald green. I have to wonder if Brett returning to his hometown will have a thawing effect upon his relationship with his parents. I searched high and low for a song about tickling or with tickle in its title @Ticklishboy30 and the only one I could find was Tickle Your Fancy by Taste, an Aussie rock band with a sound somewhat similar to Sweet or Status Quo. Not really my type of music although I don't mind the song. The only reason I even remembered it was because I have it on a K-Tel various hits album from 1976 entitled Right On. You may remember the song @Paladin. It peaked at #49 in June 1976. I was 12 at the time. Apologies for the sound quality, its 💩💩💩 and the lip synching by the leader sing is woeful. His shoes are fabulous though. Did you ever have any shoes like his @Paladin? I had a pair a little similar.
-
Another short story featuring Joshua, a 30 something gay man who has only recently admitted to himself and a few select others that he is gay. The catalyst for this momentous event, a chance meeting with another man, Marcus, in an environment totally alien to Joshua, a chance meeting which has led to love with Marcus, who like Joshua comes to the relationship saddled with a great deal of baggage. We learn a little more of Joshua's life before he left his parents home to forge his own way in life. An unhappy childhood shaped the man he has become, and to his credit it has not left him embittered. Another 5 star experience from the pen of @empath, an author so aptly named. His empathy for his characters, particularly those who have been emotionally damaged, is a revelation to witness.
-
- 2
-
-
“What? No, mom and dad weren’t invited.” Mary stopped walking and looking into her brother’s eyes. “We obviously have more catching up to do. I meant it when I said I don’t talk to mom much, dad either I suppose. The Cooperative has been my family for a long time.” I was very pleased Mary reaffirmed her indifference, at best, to her's and Joshua's parents. The statement appears to express Mary has greater animosity towards their mother than their father, or am I reading into this comment what I want to be the case. “Oh, honey,” Marcus received a hug from Aunt Mel as well. “I am torn between sorrow and glee. I’m sorry for what your mother must have put you through, but it also seems fitting that Rebecca has a gay son.” The one real injection of humour in this chapter which had me almost rolling on the floor with laughter. It was pleasing to read Rebecca Renkin is universally loathed. This is what happens when you believe yourself to be something akin to a Countess but behave like a Cuntess. The reunion between "Joshy" and Rosa was very moving and provided great comfort to Joshua and I expect to Rosa too. As stated by @drsawzall this story was immensely enjoyable and quite the update without spoiling the story yet to come in Kept Boy to Made Man, apart from the "spoiler" Daniel is apparently deceased. Another terrific short from you @empath. The appearance of Roger, Thomas, Brendon, Melissa, Samantha, Juan, Rosa, Dr Fenton and Professor Radcliffe most welcome.
-
Revelatory, endearing and upsetting. You cleverly did not disclose Joshua's family name in his first story @empath otherwise it would have "prejudiced" my perception of both his parents, although I must say since making her first appearance in Kept Boy to Made Man my opinion of Rebecca Renkin has not improved but has continued to decline. Joshua's quirks, the step counting and his fascination with Abraham Lincoln, continue to endear him to Marcus and to some others he meets. The upset was, of course, the invitation from his mother to what I assume is a Thanksgiving family gathering. I can only hope both Joshua and Mary tell their parents exactly what they think of them, which presumably will not be pretty.
-
I recall the incident @Paladin but did not remember the human involved until I Googled him. John Brown, the man most remembered for having had sex with his lusty wife on his desk in his parliamentary office, after which she left her knickers behind in an ashtray. Such was the reputation of quite a few in the Hawke cabinet, including the PM himself. 😜😜😜😜😜
-
A question of time and space
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in A question of time and space
Very obvious Robert and I don't think I would ever have guessed it without some help. I recall reading the Bobbsey Twins books around the same time as Enid Blyton. I suspect I was between 7 and 10 years of age. I think by 11 or 12 I had "moved on" to Agatha Christie and by 13 or 14 it was Emily Bronte, F Scott Fitzgerald and D H Lawrence. I never cared much for Shakespeare and don't recall ever reading anything by Charles Dickens. -
It's unanimous, Jack (Red) is plotting something nefarious, but is it of his own volition, or is he perhaps doing it at the behest of someone else, Andy Thompson for example. I have to agree with @centexhairysub, Jack appears stupid enough to be easily manipulated, which well may be what happens shortly in Thompsonville. I for one will not care if he is the fall guy for Andy Thompson so long as mud is flung at Thompson and it sticks to him too. Tony has the Monolith, a gluttonous, bible-thumping hippo-crite who cares naught for him. Aaron has Kevin and Cheryl, drunken sloths whose best friends are the one-armed bandits at the local club. A trio of trash whose sons' only hopes are to get the fuck away from their parents and stay away from them. They are fortunate to have the residents of the 'queer house' and the owners of the 'queer caravan park' to provide them with friendship and support. This chapter closed with a feeling of unsettledness or dread for the 'queer family'. I hope the following portends bad times ahead for the likes of Andy Thompson and the town thugs "The new day was a Friday, bringing with it sunshine and a promise of change in our small town; even though he who would be most affected still had little idea of what was about to be brought down upon him." A slightly sinister turn @Mark Ponyboy Peters, which will hopefully be short-lived. Let justice be swift and forceful.
-
A question of time and space
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in A question of time and space
A whirlwind of activity in this chapter for Ralph and Nolan. One thing really stood out to me, the decrease in the once striking contrast in self-assurance between "work" Ralph and "private" Ralph. "Work" Ralph may at times get a little miffed but he tackles problems and faces challenges swiftly and with great decisiveness. It is my observation "private" Ralph is slowly moving in this direction too, encouraged and more importantly supported by Nolan to do so. I have to ask @Robert Hugill what is the "T word' to which Ralph alluded? I have wracked my brain trying to think what it might be, consulted Google and still cannot fathom it. It is likely something very obvious. And finally, I have no idea why, but for some reason the mention of the twins in this chapter made me think of the Bobbsey Twins, children's books, a few of which I read when I was in primary school or perhaps even younger. Given they were two sets of different sex fraternal twins and American, I don't know why Alisa and Jane made me think of them. -
No surprises, Roland the rapist. Assuming Alex is telling the truth, and I have little doubt he is, I have zero sympathy for Roland. I still think Beverley is the most likely killer. You paint a far more sympathetic picture of Commissaire Herrera than I expected, and added a touch of vulnerability to Carlos which made him far less sinister than Beverley has led all to believe. Another excellent chapter @E K Stokes. And I just noticed you corrected his name in your prior chapter comment. I was much amused by this slight faux pas, the type of faux pas one might expect Inspector Clouseau to make. LOL.
-
I had 13 at one time @Philippe or 117 lives to 1. They were joyous times and I lived in a 2 bedroom house and the cats were all indoors.
-
Very proud @Ticklishboy30 (LOL). So much so that I am on a:
-
Celebrations, Crises and Promotions
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Celebrations, Crises and Promotions
The Colbys was a spin off from Dynasty. The Colbys was set in California whereas Dynasty was set in Denver. The Colbys initially starred Barbara Stanwyck as Constance Colby and Charlton Heston as her brother Jason Colby. They were big movie stars and were supposed to be "drawcards" for the show. Rumour had it at the time that she loathed him (perfectly understandable) and that they fought constantly on the set. She left after the first series. I loved Dynasty, primarily because of Joan Collins who starred as Alex Morel Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan, but The Colbys was woeful. Its death knell was when Fallon Carrington (Emma Samms) was kidnapped by aliens in the Mohave Desert. Absolute bollocks. The best thing about it was Stephanie Beacham (Sable Colby) who was married to Jason Colby and Emma Samms, both of whom are, like Joan Collins, English actresses. Both had very posh English accents and Sable would smile so sweetly as she was backstabbing someone, which happened frequently. -
I like I Don't Want To Throw Rice, it is hilarious. So un-Dolly like, full of vitriol and a desire for revenge, almost "murderous".
-
We both have exceptional taste. I just love Dolly's sense of humour too. The lyrics for Backwood's Barbie amply demonstrate this.
-
I spoke with our favourite Backwoods Barbie and she told me if you don't write at least a baker's dozen chapters you will be Starting Over Again, and you won't just be working 9 to 5, Jolene. I love Starting Over Again @Ticklishboy30, written by the greatest, the fabulous Donna Summer and her husband. It's just a shame the video quality is limited and I could not find an official video clip for the song.
-
And if they pee on you, you really know it, like concentrated cat pee.
-
A much better choice, fostering and adopting unwanted twins, rather than bringing more children into an already overpopulated world. The twins appear to be easy-going and well-behaved, for now at least. Good choice Michael and Doug, although I still think puppies or kittens were a better option.
-
The purrrrrrrfect family additions for Doug and Michael and they are already house-trained @chris191070. They also won't interrupt their sex lives, cost a fortune to clothe, shelter and raise, and will always be beautiful. They should be so lucky to have such a wonderful introduction to parenthood.
