Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,382
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Touché. If it is a Mac keyboard with great fucking difficulty. Contrary to what is published online, I have found if you press the letter E and whilst holding it down quickly press Option it activates a selection of acutes for you to choose from, but it does not work every time (it seems to be dependant on how one presses the keys).
  2. I agree with all you have stated @Cane23. Excitement and denial may duel for supremacy for some time yet, but if Nolan's promise "I'm having that arse of yours" is accepted by Ralph and delivered by Nolan, I expect excitement will eventually emerge triumphant. Once Nolan's tongue pleasures that pucker and his finger(s) and manhood gain entry and pound Ralph's p-spot, I expect Ralph's inner piggy bossy bottom will devour the rest. Move over Kevin Williams, Joey Stefano, Brad Mitchell, Armand Rizzo, Michael Boston, Devin Franco, Beau Butler and Bruce Jones, there is a new bottom in town and you bitches are amateurs. Ralph's final thought for the chapter "What had happened? He knew he should blow off Nolan next week, but he wouldn't. Couldn't. And part of him hated himself." demonstrates there is still much to be done though to break down the barriers he has built around himself, the lies he has told himself, to get him into a comfortable position where he accepts himself. I sense @Cane23 a vulnerability in Nolan and I hope Ralph proceeds with caution. Nolan has previously hinted at his lack of success in the "relationship stakes" and his plea "So, we go slow. And whatever happens, good or bad, you promise not to do a disappearing act. Please?" Nolan smiled, but there was an intensity in his eyes." confirmed this. Another fine chapter @Robert Hugill. This story like all your others is in no rush to be told and is unfurling itself at a leisurely and believable pace.
  3. If you select a song as glorious as this one I am more than happy to share "my territory" with you @Cane23. Philly soul at its very best, however, I thought it might be a little "too disco" for you. I have quite a few albums by The Three Degrees amongst my collection. Fantastic harmonies and such style. Stunning.
  4. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 9

    Indeed @Mancunian, which is why I made such scathing comments about Sergeant Bailey. He was more concerned with why Danny and Nate had even found Jake in such condition and unbelievably about Jake's broken tail lights. I doubt he knew Jake had been raped, but I don't believe his attitude would have changed even if he did. His lukewarm response to Jake's beating (and I am being very kind) was to me tacit approval to the beating having been carried out, as Jake already suspected would be the case.
  5. Indeed and I deliberately tried to not just stick to the hits that many are familiar with (which is probably why I chose so many from The Visitors). I do not seek sympathy or understanding with this comment, but I have to say my teenage years in the 1970's to early 1980's were only as happy and stable as they were because of music, and ABBA and the late, great Donna Summer played a part in that which I cannot overstate, hence their contribution to my profile name. The joy they have brought to my life has never waned, even when Donna became "the enemy" for alleged anti-gay remarks. Unless I develop dementia, I don't believe I will ever stop listening to them.
  6. They only released 8 studio albums in their 8 years together with a 40 year break before they released Voyage in 2021. When Voyage was released in 2021 it came at the end of the saddest year of my life with the death of two of my cats (including my most beloved cat ever) within 4 weeks of each other, the death of my stepfather and a year of unstable health, much of which I attribute to one of the COVID vaccines (and I am NOT an anti-vaxxer). I was overwhelmed when the album was released and found a great degree of solace in it. They were much loved in Australia as evidenced in Priscilla Queen Of The Desert and Muriel's Wedding.
  7. Dancing Queen by ABBA, the catalyst for an unlikely relationship between Todd and Barrett? With such an auspicious start what could possibly go wrong, or right as the case may be. I am not going to divulge, you will have to do yourself a favour and read the story to find out. A beautifully and authentically written story by the very talented @Superpride. A relatively small cast of characters and only a few moments of melodrama, but what transpires between chapters 1 and 25 will leave the reader with the full gamut of emotions. Strongly written characters and character growth are the real strengths of the story, characters who provoked much commentary from the many followers of this story. Read and enjoy this charming and delightful work.
  8. Say it isn't so @Superpride. This cannot be the end of this wonderful story. I blame @Cane23 entirely for the story finishing far too early. If he had not "insisted" that Barrett also needed therapy this would not have happened. We could have had at least another 20+ chapters of angst, drama and ABBA. I am beside myself with grief. I will need therapy to recover from the story concluding. I am completely and utterly verklempt. Like @drpaladin I was not surprised Vanessa and Sabrina coupled, in fact I thought they already had when Anthony attempted to hit on Sabrina a few chapters prior. Andrea proved herself to be the mother Barrett had yearned for since being given up for adoption. The adoption of adult Barrett a very meaningful gesture for both I imagine. Daddy dearest made remarkable progress as the result of therapy. Maybe Barbra Streisand has been right all along, perhaps there is something to be said for it after all. Anthony and Cynthia? I believe he will thrive in a relationship and she may very well stop spilling coffee. And finally, the moment you have been waiting for @Tris. What ABBA song have I nominated for this chapter. Given how sad I feel it has to be Knowing Me, Knowing You. Although the polar opposite of the HEA ending for the characters in this story, it is apropos in that it is a masterpiece and moves @Summerabbacat (SummerABBAcat) like no other. The only criticism I have of the song is the video and another fucking fur cat worn by Frida. Times were different then and from what I have read of her in recent years I don't think she would wear one now. Masterful story telling @Superpride. You have brought joy and enrichment into the lives of many for the past 23 days with this most charming and delightful story. ABBA and Felix bless you.
  9. He changed his name when he realised he did NOT have 666 carved into his head.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 9

    One can only hope @Talo Segura. This type of crime invariably went unpunished and still does. I wish I could believe in some kind karmic justice, but I have just seen too many revolting humans get away with too much to believe in it.
  11. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 9

    And the restraint with which you wrote it made it even impactful. If only Aunty Jack were passing through Thompsonville at the time. She could rip Thommo, Dumfuck and Sergeant Bailey's "bloody arms off".
  12. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 9

    In Australia as in many other parts of the world at the time (and some even now) you are only a "poofter" if you take it up the arse @Al Norris. If you fuck a "poofter" then you are not a "poofter", and if you rape them and/or bash them then they are only getting what they deserve and you are a decent bloke for doing so. There is no intimacy or love in the act, you could just as easily be fucking a sheep, cow or watermelon as many of these morons do. This is the mentality we are dealing with with Thommo, Dumfuck and Sergeant Bailey. All three are cucking funts and equally as bad as each other. Sergeant Bailey is a disgrace to the police force, but there were many like him and probably still are. All his snide accusations proved what a small minded prig he is. I like @VBlew's idea of retribution. Jake knows what car Thommo and Dumfuck drove so perhaps some damage could be done to it and if so I hope it is serious damage which renders it unroadworthy. The only positive to come from this bashing is that it has awakened Danny to what he faces in the future, particularly in a small town. An infuriating chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, all the moreso because it reflects what life was like for gay men then and still is in some places. What I found particularly disturbing and sad was that Jake has been raped before in similar situations and realised the futility of even bothering to report it. No amount of ABBA could have made up for what happened to him.
  13. I was way off with The KLF @Lee Wilson. Their Ancients of Mu Mu are rank amateurs compared to your Megrezians. I was certainly not smoking any of the wacky stuff, but I cannot be sure about you. Your imagination is extraordinary. Are you a native of Georgia like Keith, Cindy and the late Ricky from The B-52's? They have extraordinary imaginations too, so maybe it's a Georgian "thing" if you are a native. I must say I would love to have the "power" Ned possesses to rid the world of evil, although if I possessed it I certainly would not stop at 5. 5 million maybe. I have to wonder if there are already Megrezians living amongst us today who have altered the synapses of many of our fellow species. This could account for why reality TV shows, particularly those about families with no talent or philanthropy are so popular, not to mention the election of many world leaders and certain mega-wealthy ultra-crazy business "leaders".
  14. I think @Superpride is writing this story with great authenticity @Cane23 because you and I are observing a very different Todd. Much like real life we see things in people that others do not. I agree Barrett is still very emotional over the death of both of his parents, but is he a mess. I don't see it, nor have I observed any commitment issues. What I have been meaning to comment on is his aversion to alcohol. I have to wonder if he subconsciously remembers his mother as an alcoholic as a child and how after a drink she behaved differently (although it is unlikely he would have realised she had a problem and what its source was). As to the identity of the eponymous Troublemaker, we have all assumed it is a human, but what it if is not. Is it possible the Troublemaker may be alcohol. Barrett's mother was an alcoholic and Todd has been known to drown his sorrows of late. What if this causes trouble between Barrett and Todd. Or might it be those burgers that are the Troublemaker. They have already clogged Anthony's artery causing him to have a heart attack.
  15. The one in this chapter demonstrated Todd the power-bottom taking control again and the results were explosive and messy. In the bedroom he is like a Tiger (another great song by ABBA from Arrival). Head Over Heels was released as a single in many countries with The Visitors as the B-side. Personally I prefer The Visitors, particularly after seeing the video for Head Over Heels with Frida wearing what appears to be a fur coat (possibly the same one she wore in the video for Chiquitita). I think in the USA the songs were flipped with The Visitors as the A-side and Head Over Heels as he B-side.
  16. That is very sad @Al Norris. I am not close to my father who is 89 years of age, primarily because he is very religious and politically conservative, so I can in some way relate to what you are saying. Regarding Daddy dearest I must say I got a helluva shock, and an even bigger shock when Anthony stated “And don’t forget about me,” Anthony said. “And as soon as I get out of here, you’re teaching me how to cook those healthy vegetarian meals you’re always begging me to try.” With both Todd and Barrett using the "L" word for the first time they are now seemingly head over heels, which just happens to be another ABBA masterpiece from The Visitors @Tris (beardless Bjorn though).
  17. Tom of Finland dating Arabian Nights @Carybr, very amusing. The party was an anti-climax like fizzling fireworks. When all is said and done Francis Heyward surrounded himself with hangers-on. Dante's comment about them being "D-list" deliciously cruel. I have to ask @Robert Hugill did the messy business of settling in together involve the throwing of plates or other objects at each other or was it restricted to verbal barbs only? I can only but imagine some of the hilarious bitchy snipes they would have made at each other. Are they going to have a party to celebrate their co-habitation, and if so, for the sake of Susan (maybe) and Gran (definitely) I hope it is not a nude party?
  18. Congratulations are in order for @Superpride, debuting at #1 in the 'The Top 10 Most Read Romance' for the last month. An ABBA song seems warranted in honour of this auspicious occasion. The song I have chosen is lyrically not suited to this honour, but the title is very apropos. The song is not taken from The Visitors, it was the lead single from Super Trouper, and deservedly a world wide hit, including a top 10 placing in the USA, therefore you may know this one @Tris.
  19. And one of her very best songs and videos @Tris is Experiment IV with an all-star cast of well known and not-so-well known British actors. Fantastic video.
  20. Watch the video too. There are two official videos, one in which she is wearing a flowing red dress. She is a unique talent. Other huge hits in Australia and/or the UK have been Babooshka, The Man With The Child In His Eyes, Hammer Horror, Cloudbusting, The Sensual World, Sat In Your Lap and Wow.
  21. Hugely popular in the UK and Australia but not at all in the US until 2022 when her 1985 hit Running Up That Hill became a massive hit in the UK and Australia again (#1 in both) and in the US too (#3). Sometimes compared to David Bowie as she is also English, has always written all her own songs (both lyrics and music), plays piano and various synthesisers, has produced all of her own albums bar the first three and rarely writes what would be classified as a "conventional" pop song. Her first song which was a hit was Wuthering Heights, #1 in both the UK and Australia for many weeks. She has only released 4 albums in the last 30 years so she is not prolific. Spectacularly talented.
  22. The Visitors was a huge hit in the UK but not so in Australia I am ashamed to say. It is an album that with each listen I hear something I have not heard before. I have it on black vinyl (it was a full digital recording), CD and deluxe CD with extra bonus tracks the CD does not have plus a DVD. It is my favourite album from the 1980's and has not dated at all. Both couples were divorced by the time it was recorded which may be why on the album cover they all appear so "disconnected" from each other. I highly recommend listening to it on Youtube music @Tris even though the quality is not great. Were you exposed to Kate Bush at all when you resided in the UK?
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 8

    Thommo and Dumfuck. Two drunk dickheads out for a night of fun "poofter bashing". One can only hope they are so drunk, and quite possibly stoned too, that they will be as sluggish physically as what they are intellectually. In a small town like Thompsonville in 1975 Jake would likely find no assistance from the local police either, in fact they would be more likely to join in the "poofter bashing" than stop the thugs. Such behaviour still existed in Sydney well into the 1980's too as has been unsurprisingly revealed in recent years. I hope Jake emerges unscathed so that he can confess his true feelings to Danny as it is almost certain those feelings will be reciprocated. In fact, maybe Jake can telepath Danny a SOS to come to his Tropical Loveland and help him. Mamma Mia, what has this boy got himself into @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Will it be Bye Bye Baby for Jake or So Long for Thommo and Dumfuck? #1 for 10 weeks and rightfully so. Fucking brilliant. Do you think Bjorn is "hot" in this clip @Tris? I have to say I have never thought either man attractive, but in hindsight Benny is kind of cute in this clip. And admire the close ups, no photoshopping, airbrushing, collagen, dermal fillers, botox or skin bleaching, and not a "ho" or "motherfucker" in sight. Halcyon days indeed.
  24. Now you are just being mean @Cane23. This is just so unlike you. I am usually the "nasty" unreasonable one.
  25. “Todd…I know I haven’t been the best father, hell, you can ignore me after this is all over, but please, for your brother, can you come here and be with him. I…”. An understatement, but one which should have been and was welcomed by Todd nevertheless. Perhaps Daddy dearest's belligerence may be distilled somewhat at least by the realisation that life is too short to live so rigidly by the alleged edicts of a magic man in the sky. @Cane23's comment "If there is something good of this, I believe heart attack is going to be turning point for everybody" is exactly what I thought as I read the unfolding scene in the hospital waiting room. Anthony, not even 30 yet, has a clogged artery which has led to a heart attack. I hope he heeds the warning and at least reduces the burger and pizza intake and starts eating some vegetables, dare I even suggest some plant-based protein like Barrett has encouraged him to eat. Dillon's revelation he is going to tell his mother that Todd was his "fake boyfriend" did not come as a surprise as I believe he is basically a very kind and honest person. I also have to agree with both @Cane23 and @drpaladin that Barrett's ignoring Todd for 2 weeks was somewhat excessive. I think it also reveals he is not as calm, collected and confident as he appeared to be. He is vulnerable too, particularly so because a gay relationship is new to him. I do hope that given the death of both Barrett's parents and now the death scare with Anthony, that Daddy dearest at least attempts to welcome Barrett as a partner for Todd. He may never be president of his local chapter of PFLAG, but a little acceptance of both Todd and now Barrett could make such a huge difference to three lives. And the ABBA song for this chapter just has to be the epic title track from The Visitors @Tris. Jenny, Dillon and Todd were visiting Jenny and Dillon's family for her birthday and now the trio, together with Barrett and Daddy dearest are visiting Anthony in hospital. It is a sublime track @Tris with Frida once again singing lead. A very well written and believably suspenseful chapter @Superpride.
×
×
  • Create New...