Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,364
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. As someone who had severe acne from the age of 12 to 22 I can attest to how painful it can be both physically and emotionally, and although I was not overweight, I did have glasses from the age of 4 and "railway track" braces on my teeth from the age of 13 to 17 or thereabouts. To say I was dissatisfied with my physical appearance is an understatement, so I can well understand Abel's low self-esteem and his desperation to have sex with the first girl who ever showed any interest in him (fortunately I never felt compelled to sleep with a girl to "prove" anything). It appears Kathy had the "upper hand" from the very start of their relationship. This, combined with Abel's low self-esteem does not of course in any way excuse his later behaviour or diminish his culpability, but I have to wonder if his later abhorrent behaviour was his natural inclination or was it Kathy who instigated it. I shall have to read on to find out. @Lee Wilson I have to say that in isolation from his subsequent behaviour, I had some sympathy for Abel in this chapter, but I still could not bring myself to feel anything for Kathy even remotely approaching sympathy or even understanding. This chapter demonstrated that she was a manipulative bitch even as a teenager. I have to wonder if her intent from the start of her "relationship" with Abel was to get pregnant, perhaps to escape an unhappy home life.
  2. I cannot believe a country lad like yourself would resort to such behaviour @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I thought that such behaviour was the sole domain of "unblokey", disco and feline-loving, vegetarian queens like me. I am shocked (LOL).
  3. Beauty in simplicity. Never has this been more amply illustrated than by this profoundly moving and heartwarming story from the pen of @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Like @Al Norris, it is a story I have loved for some time. Reading it again a wonderful experience, like reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte for the umpteenth time, watching Victor/Victoria or Rocky Horror Picture Show for the umpteenth time or listening to ABBA or Donna for the umpteenth x 100 times or cuddling any one of my beautiful felines for the umpteenth time. And speaking of ABBA, a song with lead vocals by Frida is the perfect precis of this bitter-sweet story (sorry Al, but I had to copy you because it is just so).
  4. Damian is certainly a precocious 10 year old. A fascination with male body hair and the following statement an illustration of just how precocious: “But it affects me.” This was said with remarkable fierceness. “And what would you like?” “To live with you and Adam and Adam’s Dad. And you could marry, like Tony’s Dad and his boyfriend.” Damian has heard Jackie shouting down the telephone whilst working. It appears our resident sleuth @drsawzall and Lesley aka Miriam Margolyes are both "barking up the right tree" (and yes I know I have changed the axiom completely). If both are correct in their speculations, I can only but hope Jackie is exposed and incarcerated (I was going to say something much harsher but I am trying to play "nice" @Gary L), thus making it easier for Ludo to divorce her without any custody complications. If this transpires it appears neither Ludo nor Damian will lose any sleep. Another winner from you @Robert Hugill. This story like all of your others just keeps on getting better. I expect more top 10 placings for it in the following weeks.
  5. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 14

    The story was irritating. I will admit I am biased as I really do not like Tom Cruise.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 14

    "Alan took the dildo from my hand and laod it down on the desk. “Take off my briefs,” he said." I thought for a moment he was finally going to tell the truth @drsawzall and follow "Take off my briefs" with "and stick it up my arse and fuck me good Cal". I was amused by the discussion of the "male hotness" in Top Gun. I am a few years younger than Cruise, Kilmer etc. I never saw the movie when it was released in 1986 as it is the type of film which holds little to no appeal to me, what I think of as a "soundtrack movie". I watched it for the first time ever last year and found myself bored shitless, except for the parts where I laughed (and they were not intentional comedic moments). I felt sorry for Kelly McGillis, it appeared she was an adult female cast with a bunch of infant boys, and her "love scenes" with Tom Cruise were so awkward (they were the primary source of my laughter). Perhaps if I had watched it when it was released I may have agreed with Cal and Alan about the "male hotness", but the "current me" only found Whip Hubley handsome, the rest were little boys. As for the "story" and the dialogue ...... LOL. The sex scene was well written and hot @KKirk.
  7. The re-read has been completed of all three stories and it was a very rewarding experience. Amanda is a delight and has quite a wicked sense of humour, which I found quite amusing on occasion. Now we wait with bated breath for some more new content to satisfy our "Burtonesque" lusts.
  8. Very comfortably I would imagine. You might even get to meet Princess Anni-Frid, Dowager Countess of Plauen. Friends of mine, now both deceased, who were from a little town out near Dubbo, travelled to Europe in 1982 and when in Sweden met Frida outside Polar Studios. They had photographs of her with them (she was tiny compared to them, two strapping gay boys from the country) and recounted with great joy their hour or so spent with her. They said she was so unaffected and with a great sense of humour, just delightful. Frida has always been my favourite member of ABBA, and my cat named after her is today celebrating her 15th birthday. Her beautiful sister, Zelda, who is my profile picture, did not make it, but today she is remembered (as she always is) with great affection.
  9. Perhaps P J Hogan who wrote and directed Muriel's Wedding could direct the movie The Seventeenth Summer with screenplay written by Mark Ponyboy Peters based on his novel.
  10. The third eponymous album which featured those three great tracks you referenced plus Mamma Mia, SOS and I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do are what started our nations love affair with ABBA. I recall we bought it for Christmas 1975 as Mamma Mia had knocked I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do off #1. My mother, grandmother and I all loved it. I cannot remember if my brothers who were 9 and 4 at the time loved it, but certainly little 12 year old gay me did. Three months my other great "musical love" Donna Summer exploded with Love To Love You Baby which I was immediately in raptures about (I was soooooooo gay).
  11. Only after rolling him in Honey Honey @Mark Ponyboy Peters will Danny plead with Jake "Lay All Your Love On Me". Jake to Danny "Voulez-Vous Danny?"; Danny to Jake "You are My Love, My Life, so Take A Chance On Me you Dancing Queen and soar like an Eagle when you pleasure my Ring Ring". At least Jake will no longer have to worry Danny with Does Your Mother Know as she is well aware they will Dance (While The Music Still Goes On).
  12. So much ABBA on this most joyous of occasions. The sun is shining at last in Sydney, although it is still way too cold at 21°C, unlike the weather in Happy Hawaii where it is 28°C (still not quite warm enough for my liking). I have the day off so am feeling As Good As New in this Summer Night City (well the night is only 7 hours away and summer only 7 weeks away).
  13. You were too quickly off the mark @chris191070 as I edited my comment to make it less nonsensical.
  14. Never apologise for quoting ABBA @weinerdog. You are a real Super Trouper and clearly know The Name Of The Game, but only One Of Us can emerge victorious and The Winner Takes It All and the winner is our author @Mark Ponyboy Peters.I Let The Music Speak and the music is this wonderful creation of his, so Thank You For The Music @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  15. What a joy to re-read these earlier chapters @Jeff Burton, similar to revisiting anything recorded by Manhattan Transfer.
  16. If I remember correctly Miss Brahms knickers were a regular object of discussion in Are You Being Served. My mother who is 82 always refers to her undies as knickers, but for men it is 'undies'.
  17. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 30

    Perhaps Chris can offer you a nice glass or two of his finest wine and a plate of his finest cheese and fruit (and if you are really well behaved a Tim Tam or two) to get those creative juices flowing.
  18. My birth name is David. Green and orange would work for me too @Tonyr so long as it is burnt orange and not mandarin or something similar as that would like too much like the 'vomit' emoji.
  19. You have professed your love of country music previously @Mark Ponyboy Peters. A song entitled What A Friend We Have In Jesus seems to be one covered by a number of successful country singers including Dolly Parton, Alan Jackson, Merle Haggard and Tennessee Ernie Ford. I propose it is an appropriate song of praise for Danny to "adopt", with a slight title and lyrical change to 'What A Friend I Have In Nate'. "I’m serious, Nate. My whole world is blowing up around me, and I need your help, like, today!’ ‘Whatever you need, mate. Anything!’ ‘Yeah, I guess it is,’ Danny replied. ‘Do you think you’ll ever go back in there?’ ‘Maybe. We’re going to come back and help mum when she clears out, so if I remember anything else that I need I’ll grab it then.’ ‘Well, just let me know when you come back and I’ll help out.’ ‘Thanks, mate. I appreciate that,’ Danny replied, while placing a hand on his friend’s shoulder. Nate looked into Danny’s eyes. He could see the fear that was in them, but he could also see the hurt and the sadness that was lingering within his friend knowing that his life was about to change forever. Without any thought, Nate pulled Danny to him and hugged him. ‘Fuck, I’m going to miss you,’ he whispered into Danny’s ear." As I write this comment I am listening to the much loved Emmylou Harris and a song entitled A River For Him from her album Bluebird. Very appropriate @Mark Ponyboy Peters as I have just cried a river of tears reading this monumental chapter. You should purchase shares in Kleenex before you publish Seventeen Again as I predict there will be widespread "flooding" once we boys start to acquaint ourselves with it. And for the sake of @weinerdog. Nate will complete high school and realise how much his friendship with Danny truly meant to him and his growth as a person. He will become an ally to the gay community and when "the plague" begins to hit Australia he will be active in his support of gay men, volunteering his time and money to help those in need. I am not sure what his profession will be, but whatever he chooses to do he will do successfully. He will meet a beautiful Swedish tourist holidaying in Thompsonville and will become a mega ABBA fan (they will name their children Bjorn and Frida). He and Danny will maintain their friendship and Danny and Jake will be godparents to Bjorn and Frida and gift to them two beloved rescue cats, sister and brother, Chiquitita and Fernando.
  20. At the beginning of Ralph's journey "breaking free" he was like a nervous colt, prancing and dancing around, his hormones running hot and cold. Now he is beginning to resemble a confident stallion, learning to and relishing galloping with his fellow stallion, Nolan. What a joy life is turning out to be for him, with hormones resplendent. Ralph's shopping expedition was most amusing. I had to keep reminding myself he is 35 not 65. A man of his youthfulness should not relegate himself to fashion drudgery, unless it is his preference. And forget that stupid fashion edict that "blue and green should never be seen without a colour in between". Complete nonsense, bright green and electric blue look fabulous together as do bright green and the brightest of purples. Like @Gary L I found it very interesting to observe Russ Khan from a different angle. Even Ralph's description of Russ' physical appearance seemed a little different to how Brian and Gordon have described him (if I remember correctly). I too look forward to the picnic at the Rec. The twins will be in full flight once they get even an inkling that Nolan is Ralph's new boyfriend. Ralph may need to sedate them to keep them from imploding with excitement. I can imagine all kinds of embarrassing indiscretions once they know what is really going down between Daddy and Nolan. A very jaunty chapter @Robert Hugill. Fun was the word of the day.
  21. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 30

    A sequel would be most welcome by many of the readers of this delightful saga @Paladin.
  22. A thoroughly enjoyable return to the trials and tribulations in the lives of Jacob and Tyler, and for the former at least, a return to life itself after a near-death experience. I shall definitely have to re-read the previous chapters to reacquaint myself with all the "minor" characters @Jeff Burton (plus I will have the pleasure of reading the first 7 chapters again). I cannot remember Amanda at all, but I am assuming she is one of Tyler and Jacob's classmates. I am also assuming she is a relatively pleasant person as if she was the school bitch I am almost certain I would remember her.
  23. The sophomore story from the pen of a talented and humorous author in @Paladin. The characters in this story are very well written and for the most part are thoroughly likeable. There are a few exceptions, however, their contributions to the lives of the main characters are, with one exception, relatively minor. The growth of the characters and their relationships was realistically presented. There are some very serious issues discussed and messages delivered, but not once did it descend into melodrama or "preaching", an easy trap to fall into. A true 5 star experience.
  24. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 30

    Ruby is hopefully on her way to Cell Block H. What a shame Bea and The Freak are long gone and won't be present to "welcome" her. Perhaps she will be on the receiving end of some structural rearrangement at the hands (and boots) of some Polynesian and/or Eastern European inmates or staff built like front-row forwards, whose lusts are more of the sadistic rather than the Sapphic kind. To quote a well known theatrical saying, break a leg Ruby. Ollie's kindness and generous nature shone through again with his expressed desire to give Nona Crackhouse Chrissie's relatively new car and to allow the honour of ring bearer to be experienced by Bradley. What a joyful boy, one who appreciates how much his Dads' are investing in his life and well-being. A December wedding. How wonderful, with the weather warming and Santa on his (or perhaps her) way from the North Pole. And summer brings all array of delicious and healthy food and beverage options. I noted the disclosure of those intimate moments between Chris and Beau to Andre and Skye respectively to placate the concerns of some of your readers @Paladin (I had no such concerns), and I had a great chuckle when Beau revealed that it led to the conception of another child for Skye and him. I wonder if Skye is one of those straight girls who gets off on gay male porn. LOL. A delightful conclusion to a most enjoyable story. You are to be congratulated @Paladin not only on the story itself, but on the quality of the content.
  25. Lesley Lesley Lesley. Another of your wonderfully drawn minor characters @Robert Hugill, or will she perhaps become a major character. And how very perceptive she appears to be, questioning if Jackie may be involved in something "dodgy" at the bank. I had forgotten Jackie worked at a bank, so my speculation about trafficking of women and children from Eastern Europe is less likely, unless of course the bank is funding the traffickers and Jackie knows all about it. Arthur's revelations of what led him to parenthood were quite a surprise, a deliberate choice by him as a gay man to father a child with a female friend. I wonder if Adam has any knowledge of this. Jackie's bitchy comment about Ludo and Arthur being "suburban" rankled me again. She has made this comment before and on both occasions Ludo has let it pass. Lesley's astute question "....... Or just fixated on breaking the glass ceiling?” has occurred to me before, and what could be more "suburban" than being so career-oriented at the expense of life's other offerings. Jackie needs to grow up, shut up and fuck off. She is clearly not a "frost free" model of refrigerator, and appears to have a much larger freezer than the average model. Another wonderful offering @Robert Hugill. I had a vision of Lesley as a younger, slighter, Miriam Margolyes, with perhaps a little more "filter".
×
×
  • Create New...