Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,363
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Unfortunately for Ralph his mother is no more reasonable than his father. Her prior appearance where she appeared to be reasonable belied her true nature, she is just as much a social-climbing, status-symbol obsessed bigot as his father. "Yes. She's single. Divorced, like you, no children though." His Mother looked at him, "We thought it would be so nice to invite them over next weekend, just for drinks. If you could join us?" I was so hoping, but not expecting, Ralph would respond with a statement akin to "unless she has a big cock and a pair of huge balls, I am not interested". I suspect if he had responded with such a statement he would have been banished from the family home immediately. Jane and Alisa have clearly picked up on Ralph's burgeoning relationship with Nolan and as expected it worried them not. Perhaps they can tell Grandma and Grandpa "whatever" or "get over it". Nolan is proving to be adept at calming Ralph. There is nothing like the aroma of those heady pheromones to help soothe a troubled mind and/or body. Ivor's advice surprised and delighted. Although not actively supportive, his indifference to Ralph's announcement he is dating a man was as good as. Very positive chapter @Robert Hugill. Ralph has "broken the seal" on his heterosexual facade to his mother at least, whom I am sure will discuss it with his father. No doubt both will be highly unsupportive and disapproving, but Ralph is 35 and will hopefully follow Ivor's sage advice.
  2. ‘He’s growing up,’ she said to herself softly. ‘He’s right, of course, he’s not a little boy anymore, but I still can’t bear the thought of losing him.’ The overall tone of the chapter was one of joy with friends being together and a sense of accomplishment, particularly for Danny who showed his surfing prowess. The final sentence I found overwhelming though, such that it "coloured" or "clouded" the rest of the chapter. The sad 'emoticon' is not wholly representative of how it made me feel, melancholic would be more appropriate. Danny is severing the ties with his family and his youth, ties which he may or may not ever revisit, dependant on the acceptance of his family when the "real" Danny is finally revealed. A beautifully written chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, one which resonated strongly, in part, with my own life experience.
  3. Nick's account of many of the events in this chapter appear to confirm what I thought at the conclusion of the first story i.e. the incubator was a bigger c&*% than spermie. "We agreed, because what else could we do? We walked into the house, and all of our furniture was there. Mom continued her questioning why there. Quietly, but we still heard. “We can’t live in this town. HE lives here.” “We don’t have a choice after what happened. If you had kept your hands off the neighbor’s kid, we wouldn’t be here at all.” I assume this overheard conversation related to Joey Keys. I have to wonder now if the incubator was blowing him like she was Steve. She also appears to have inflicted far greater pain on Nick than what spermie did. And this incident showed spermie had some sense of decency, unlike her: "Time went by, I turned six, and that summer, I broke a clock. Mom got mad like she always did. Except, I didn’t have to hold a piece of it or get locked in the bathroom right away. She took me out back. We were allowed to go out there by then, but had to stay away from the hole dad had dug, saying he was going to put in a pool. It was only ever a pool after it rained a lot. I guess that made it a lake. When I walked up to it, there was a ladder down into the bottom of the hole. Mom made me climb down and took the ladder up. After a little while, dad walked out the back door, screaming. “Damn it, Kathy. You can’t put him in there.” He put the ladder back in and told me to climb out. I got inside and mom locked me in the bathroom. It was the first time I didn’t have to squeeze what I broke."
  4. Summerabbacat

    The Garden

    What an eloquent description @pvtguy. Glorious.
  5. Summerabbacat

    The Garden

    It is early days yet. Perhaps I am mellowing? No, I don't think so.
  6. Summerabbacat

    The Garden

    Me too @Gary L, and delighted to have another character, Jackie, to detest. Ludo should follow the sage advice of one of Gordy's fellow Scots, Billy Connolly, and get those D-I-V-O-R-C-E papers ready. Mind you, I suspect Jackie is shtupping Herr Schmidt, or perhaps Fraulein Schmidt, or perhaps Herr and Fraulein Schmidt, so she may be preparing to file papers of her own on Ludo. For all intents and purposes, for the contribution she makes to Ludo and Damian's life she may as well be like Arthur's wife, dead. I am likely being a totally unreasonable and uncharitable bitch (rather like Jackie herself appears to be), but Jackie does not seem to have much interest in Damian. What was the purpose of having a son, was he some kind of status symbol or proof that she could breed? She clearly has little time or desire to "play" wife and/or mother, or at least wants Ludo to think this, so why bother with the charade. Great start to another tale from the Hugillverse. Thank goodness for the internet as I was able to confirm that, as I vaguely recalled, Ludo is a board game.
  7. Like several of my fellow readers I found Nate's observation that Danny's stepfather is creepy concerning. I strongly suspect Danny's mother is oblivious and unless he does something unlawful, it is probably better for all concerned that she remains so. Frank may suspect Jake as having damaged his precious red Valiant, but would he be stupid enough to do something in retaliation? Only the Ponyboy knows (and those who have read the story before and can recall if such retaliation takes place). I too am counting on Sergeant Bailey's apathy to investigate anything requiring even a modicum of paperwork to enforce the law, to ensure the damage to Frank's car remains a mystery. Sergeant Frank Gilroy he ain't. I too was disappointed that only Frank's car was damaged, but realistically what could Lachlan have done to physically harm Frank without being caught. Danny's dummy spit to his mother was understandable and he did express remorse. It appears she recognises Danny is "drawing away" from her and his family as he continues to mature and understandably she is not happy about this. And Danny's burgeoning appreciation for the beauty of youth and the beauty of nature, a gift given by Jake. The white Datsun station wagon and the Victa lawn mower; symbols of our youth in the 1970's @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  8. There may be many things Danny's Mum wants to discuss with him, but I sense it may be his "relationship" with Jake. The old cliche "a mother always knows" may be about to be revealed. I presume Danny's sibling(s) are half-siblings and I believe his mother may know he feels like an "outsider" in his family and may want to reassure him he will always be her "little Danny", regardless of the direction his life takes. I still wonder if his father, if known, may also have been gay. Nate may be a little naive at times but I think he is at least beginning to suspect there is more than friendship between Danny and Jake. As I have pondered before, I don't think it will make an iota of difference to him. The "L" word came easily to the lips of both Danny and Jake. Danny's comment that Jake was beautiful brought to mind the beautiful soul classic 'Lovin' You' by Minnie Riperton, which was rather appropriate as it was a substantial hit in 1975, even in Australia. A beautiful chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I sense the next chapter is going to be a real tearjerker. I don't think Danny's mother is going to chide him for anything.
  9. Indeed @Gary L. A wonderful song akin to Rhiannon.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    A good example of why retrospective abortion should be "a thing".
  11. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    I did not intentionally quote myself, I just wanted to continue the same thread of conversation without editing for the umpteenth time. I did notice the vegetarian options at the BBQ and was very impressed. Although it was held at Andre, Chris and Ollie's home, the catering was largely Carol so the following comment is relevant to the BBQ. Lachlan has come full circle, specifically welcoming his gay and lesbian employees AND their partners, and now vegetarians too. A conservative party supporter's worst nightmare, poofs, dykes and bloody vegetarians, and even worse bloody gay vegetarians. I did notice recently Arnotts are now manufacturing kosher Tim Tams.
  12. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    Thank you @Paladin. The more I thought about my comments, the more it disturbed me as to why Ruby has deliberately frightened her mother that Toby could be taken from her if she were to seek any financial assistance for his care. She is a truly horrible person who has not only harmed and deprived her mother but also her nephew.
  13. He is 79 and loaded. I doubt he lacks "company" when desired.
  14. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    That has a nice ring to it @Paladin for the name of a UK police show or comedy duo. Dalziel & Pascoe, Rosemary & Thyme, French & Saunders, Morecambe & Wise, Trouble & Tears.
  15. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    May I suggest a visit to Cell Block H in Wentworth Detention Centre or a very severe dose of the clap or 24 hours of non-stop Adele, Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry and Ariana Grande featuring Beyonce and Jiggy Butt Ho or all of the aforementioned. Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh.
  16. He is long separated from his second wife to whom he was married for 41 years, so he is most likely straight. I do like to watch. Have you not noticed me occasionally reference some of the porn stars of the mid to late 1980's and some of the young internet-based porn stars?
  17. We could treat it as an "intervention", a race to save Ralph's sanity. By the time I arrived I would not even get "sloppy seconds", travelling all the way from Australia. For you @Tris it would be like "coming home". Bjorn loves London, perhaps you could pick him up on the way.
  18. Ralph needs to chill. Perhaps a good hard fucking from Nolan will make him see sense and realise it is nobody else's business but his and Nolan's if they are fuck buddies or in a relationship. And as much as I like the twins, he needs to give them a talking too and tell them to zip their lips and not talk about his private life to their friends. He also needs to deliver the age-old message to the twins that I am sure most readers heard as children "money does not grow on trees". A fun chapter @Robert Hugill, but please organise an emergency fucking for Ralph before his brain does him harm. He is thinking waaaaaayyyyyyy too much about the "concept" of being gay and what it will mean in his life. I do believe once Nolan has "broken the seal" Ralph will be insatiable. Let's hope Nolan has plenty of stamina and juice and that he survives their first fuck. The flood gates will be released and Nolan may "drown", just like Sara, drowning in the sea of love, where everyone would love to drown.
  19. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 10

    A very fulfilling chapter for Calvin and readers alike @KKirk. I suspect Dillon the dildo is going to receive regular workouts initiated by both Alan and Calvin. If Alan is completely straight then I am Brad Pitt. For someone who professes this Alan seems to derive a great deal of pleasure for not only himself but also for Calvin from male to male sex.
  20. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    Permanently I hope.
  21. So Thommo has apparently been bragging about how he "bashed up a poofter". Let's see him smile after Lachlan has finished with him and Snoz. Snoz is likely stupid with very low self-esteem and just follows Thommo because he thinks Thommo is cool. A poor man's B1 and B2 @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Thomas' loose lips may get Danny and/or Nate and/or Jake into trouble if someone does not seal them. If I recall correctly he is the "overweight" friend. Perhaps Danny and Nate need to stuff a pie or twenty in his cakehole to shut him up. I had to laugh at Nate's comment "Oh, man. I’m gonna have to see that again! How awesome was that shark? Do you think it was a real one?’ Nate asked as they found their bikes and climbed on. ‘You don’t think they could train a shark to do all that, do you . . . you know, like they do with Flipper on TV?". Did he really think it was a real shark. It was so obviously a fake, although I have to admit it was a damn good fake. I remember seeing Jaws at the cinema. I would have been 11 years of age and spent a lot of time at the beach so it was somewhat scary. And the final scene in the van @Mark Ponyboy Peters. You write these "love" scenes with such restraint, with the merest hint of afternoon delight. Rod Stewart's Tonight's The Night was released the following year. It could well have described what may take place in Jake's caravan over the course of the evening. Let's just hope Danny coos a little more successfully than Britt.
  22. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    I forgot to "tease" and say I thought the appearance of the Tim Tams was very apropos on this occasion @Paladin. It must have been difficult and daunting for Debbie to visit Chris and Andre, two men whom she has never met before, to discuss such a sad situation. Comfort food was certainly warranted.
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    Shit attract flies @Mancunian so Ruby should be covered in them.
  24. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    Ruby is manipulative and controlling, her treatment of her mother particularly appalling. I cannot envisage why she has deliberately deprived her mother of financial assistance to care for Toby. She is less than a cheap tarnished trinket in a porn shop. I assume it is likely Ruby who has used Crackhouse Chrissie's debit and credit cards since her death. Hopefully it won't be long before she is "doing time" like her friend Jeff. Debbie seems like a kindly caring woman. Whatever did she do to deserve two daughters like CC and Ruby, the latter of whom appears to be far worse than her sister, and a son who walked out and abandoned his son. Her son should be paying child support for Toby. Apart from Debbie and Toby, what a horrid family. Ollie clearly inherited the "goodness and kindness" gene from his father, although Nona Debbie may have passed on some too. His compassion and generosity towards Toby did not go unnoticed by Chris and Andre. A very surprising chapter @Paladin. I was glad to be proven completely wrong in my speculation about Debbie, but not so to have it revealed Ruby is even more hateful than I thought. She is toxic and needs to be "neutralised" as soon as possible. Perhaps she can be taken by a shark at Terrigal beach, or liquified on the M1 by an out-of-control semi-trailer, or maybe Prentiss or Ned might visit and use their ka to explode her organs within one at a time. I am sure @Lee Wilson would be more than happy for them to lend a hand.
  25. "The day before my prophesied death, I gave my remaining one-hundred-twenty-four million to the American Cancer Society and the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). Cancer was nearly eradicated, and I hoped the additional eighty million would put humanity over the top. Forty-four million would save a lot of animals." Way to go Prentiss. That $44 million could not have been better spent. Not at all my usual genre of story I like, but in your capable hands it was zeyer amiuzing aun farveylerishe @Lee Wilson.
×
×
  • Create New...