-
Posts
8,374 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
To quote one of the greatest Aussies, one whom @Cane23 also admires, I Should Be So Lucky.
-
I seem to recall a certain doctor from the sub-tropics of Massachusetts, one @drsawzall, expressed a degree of skepticism regarding the legitimacy of all of Paola's business interests. It seems that skepticism may have been well-founded with Mamma Paola "encouraging" Ercole to instigate "friendly relations" with Vaughan and Dante. Vaughan believes Madame Paola is a skilful and ruthless businesswoman, much like her father before her. Francis seems to take liberties with any number of young men who appeal. I daresay in Ercole's case there was little resistance or offence taken, particularly if the family's business connections were enhanced. Ercole, the tomcat, visited, fucked or was fucked by his hosts, and left. The perfect houseguest or as @Gary L so eloquently put it "didn't outstay his welcome". A most amusing chapter @Robert Hugill. I think Vaughan and Dante should check to see if their guest left them a little "gratis" discreetly hidden somewhere.
-
Perhaps you can visit @weinerdog. Phil will charge you an admission fee or cover charge of $1 per inch which he will donate to the Trevor Project. Sounds like me. Tears? It was like torrential rain or a tropical monsoon (except that it is so damn cold) reading the meeting between Phil, Allen and Derek. He will have a heart attack playing golf with some fellow Republican-supporting arseholes or at a shooting range with some fellow Republican-supporting arseholes. Problem resolved. Next. I sense Allen does not have a close relationship with his father either @Al Norris. Maybe Roger is just what I have said all along, a c*#t. Fantastic chapter @Ronyx. You have written some very moving prose in the past, especially in Brittle As A Bird, and this chapter was a worthy "rival".
- 19 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
28°C to 38°C I can relate to and love @Al Norris, but cannot imagine -10°C. I went to the Snowy Mountains once in Australia and hated it. Suffice to say I did not ski; it was horrible. Now water skiing is quite a different matter.
-
Dolly is a goddess @Ticklishboy30. I grew up in the 1970's and can remember well when Dolly first "crossed over" and started having big pop hits with songs like Here You Come Again and Two Doors Down. Being the average Aussie teenager I was not a fan of country music in general, apart from Linda Ronstadt's flirtation with it, until I "discovered" Emmylou Harris in the late 1990's. I bought a lot of her country albums thereafter and then "discovered" Trio by Dolly, Emmylou and Linda (what a masterpiece) and then started listening to some of Dolly's solo albums from the late 1990's and early 2000's. I now count 7 Dolly solo albums amongst my collection (not including a 2CD Greatest Hits album). She is so likeable and her cover of Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin (which I cannot bear) is fabulous. She has such a wonderful sense of humour too. I just love Backwoods Barbie (the song and the album). And whilst I now like Whitney's version of I Will Always Love You (I hated it when it was charting), I still think Dolly's is superior (and I love Linda Ronstadt's version too, almost as much as Dolly's).
-
You are becoming quite the prolific author @Robert Hugill, churning out classics like David Bowie did in the 1970's. I am listening to an album by my favourite male singer at present, the late, great, animal-loving, gay superstar, George Michael (and so wonderfully English). Whenever I listen to him I always think of Bowie, also enormously talented and wonderfully English. Bowie, Prince and George are my three favourite male soloists and they all died in 2016 (along with Maurice White, Pete Burns and Leonard Cohen, all of whom I also admired to varying degrees). I am looking forward to the return of Brian, Gordon and Russ (and you must not forgot the adorable Toby).
-
I am OK with 40°C @Gary L as long as the humidity is not too low. I have had the heater on all day as it only got to 13°C. My arms have ached all day because of the cold. Both cats have been close to the heater all day or trying to sit on top of my laptop while I work on it. As soon as the electric blanket is on the eldest will be in bed. She has a very thick winter coat but still loves the creature comforts indoors. She poked her head out the sliding door in my bedroom this morning to see if she wanted to go out onto the terrace. She immediately looked up at me as if to say WTF is this cold shit and has not attempted to venture out since. I want @drsawzall Massachusettsian weather.
-
We are the "forgotten" ones in the Southern Hemisphere @Tonyr. It is way colder in Australia this winter too.
-
I adore my divas @Ticklishboy30. There are way too many to name. Donna and Barbra are but 2 of many, many, many divas whose music thrills and delights me.
-
Perfect proposition @chris191070. I second this motion @Paladin.
-
No More Tears (Enough Is Enough). Donna and Barbra have spoken @Paladin and @Mancunian and they must be obeyed. Never piss off a diva.
-
And whilst they are searching for two beloved felines @Paladin perhaps the awesome4some could do a promo video for the Central Coast Animal Shelter (what a fucking misnomer) and for responsible pet "ownership" (I hate that fucking word, I don't "own" my cats, if anything they "own" me).
-
Merely for @Cane23's pleasure I presumed. The rest of us are very refined gentlemen who are merely making a "study" of such behaviour for research purposes (LOL), just like a well-known, now deceased, Australian politician who headed his own "religion based" political party who had to watch the X-rated version of Caligula several times so that he could determine just how "indecent" it was.
-
All that is needed to complete their family is a non-human companion @Paladin. May I suggest a rescue cat or two. I am sure you could point them in the right direction, perhaps even offer them some good parenting tips given your experience.
-
I'm in Sydney, Australia, @Andr0gene and it is fucking freezing. It is currently 11°C at 11.13pm and tomorrow our top temperature is only 14°C. I like it when it is 35°C, so it is definitely not the heat with me. I blame @Al Norris, he made the comment about size queens which got us all "on heat" (LOL). He is not the messiah, he is just a very naughty boy.
- 56 comments
-
- 10
-
-
I'm sure you'll have 'em knocking on your door from miles around if you are that blessed @Al Norris. It gives the song Knock On Wood (Amii Stewart's version please) a whole new meaning.
- 56 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
The stupid does not count. You won't be going to bed alone if you are "blessed".
-
The lyrics were dreadful. I can only hope it was a parody. It was a big "let down" after their only other song I can remember, Santa Never Made It Into Darwin. I can remember it very well when it was released, even then as a 10 year old it made me sad. Now if I recall that song I get goosebumps and would probably have a little weep if I heard it.
-
There's another song reference @weinerdog. Dirty Old Man by The Three Degrees.
- 17 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
Yes @Al Norris. There is a lot of truth in the song by Julie Brown I Like 'Em Big And Stupid. “Mhm,” I murmured, “I rival a shaggy dog.” I imagine Adam will not like having loose hair all through the house and will likely have Arya professionally groomed. Perhaps he can get Kai done as well. 2 for the price of 1 deals, and if Dr Kinky is hairy too, pay for 2 and get the 3rd one for free deals. There is something deliciously sensuous and therapeutic about swimming, especially swimming naked. Kai should make it part of his regular fitness regime. Perhaps he can entice Adam to join him, and I imagine Arya would love a swim too. "Even if it turns out she’s not pregnant, I’m not going anywhere because from the first second I met her, I got this feeling ‘there she finally is’, you know what I’m saying?” He may border on being insufferable or overbearing at times @Andr0gene but I cannot fault his sincerity.
- 56 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
-
Keith and Thomas' story is rapidly drawing to a close, I am afraid, with just a couple more chapters to round things off. Those dreaded words @Robert Hugill. Not again, not another tale in the Hugillverse coming to an end. I could not have predicted when this story first started how much I would come to admire both Keith and Thomas and identify to some extent with each. What wonderful characters and how lucky we readers are that you have shared them with us. I think I will have to stop now so I can have a good 😭, but not before I say how much I loved the poem. I had wondered where the title of the story came from. I can hear it put to music and sung by Marianne Faithfull or read aloud by Frances Barber.
-
I agree with @Cane23, @chris191070 and @Al Norris. I don't think Ben is gay, bisexual or anything other than straight and horny. I also think he is very supportive of Tim and Guy and is very happy Tim has found someone as suitable as he believes Guy is for Tim. Two great songs I Was Made For Lovin' You and Girls Just Want To Have Fun @Mark Ponyboy Peters, but I need more. More More More. Now there was a song, replete with very "complex" lyrics, one that I adored. Just like Fly Robin Fly and That's The Way (I Like It). Muscle men magazines. Much🔥than muscle car magazines. Macho Man or Diana Ross' Muscles perhaps. I must stop before unleashing the summerabbacat beast again.
- 17 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
Me too @Mancunian, however, there was more than a "few tears". Once again Ollie relished the affection he has been starved of by Crackhouse Chrissie. I was particularly moved by how upset he was that he did not know his father's year of birth or remember the date of his death. I recently forgot to remember my beloved cat Ava on the third anniversary of her death and was very upset with myself. I remembered it several days before and several days after, but not on the actual date. Some may think it morbid, but remembering such dates is very important to me. All the boys, both young and old, love their barbecues @Paladin. I cannot remember the last time I had a barbecue. Obviously I don't barbecue any meat, but I love barbecued vegetable kebabs, onions, sliced potato and sliced pineapple, and although I have not tried it, I know I would love barbecued tofu chunks too. "Michael added another log to the fire." It is surprising how many stories I have read and continue to read on GA where someone references a "log on a fire". Remember that song from the 1970's @Paladin by Bill & Boyd called Put Another Log On The Fire? Another terrific chapter @Paladin. You do good work.
-
Adam coped far better with the intrusion into his morning than I thought he would. He subtly and with great dignity put Dr Kinky in his place when he said "You may call me Adam". Dr Kinky is even less likely to get the better of Adam than what is to get the better of Megan. He certainly is a pushy bastard. His comment about Megan not drinking coffee and considering cutting back on work and then stopping work, were I am sure made with genuine concern for her and for a potential baby, but he is bordering on being insufferable IMO. Me too @drsawzall. I nearly peed myself laughing (much to my disgust with myself) when Dr Kinky called Megan "sugarpuss". It reminded me of Sheena Easton's song Sugar Walls, written by none another than the Purple One, he who wrote some of the filthiest lyrics ever before he became "born again"(remember Darling Nikki?). Absolute smut; glorious pop. A riotous chapter @Andr0gene. Callum certainly has a very quick wit, but he may have met his match in Scribblyboy.
-
The Bakery – Endings and Beginnings
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in The Bakery – Endings and Beginnings
It's a real "grower" rather than a "shower" this one @centexhairysub. It took me some time to warm to Vaughan as I initially thought him all style with little substance. His genuine concern for Greg has really surprised and impressed me. OMG they look delicious @Cane23. My mouth is watering thinking of them with some of my home made tomato soup or with grapes, cheeses and champagne.
