-
Posts
8,301 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Ethan - safe and predictable; Dean - rough and unpredictable, but exciting. Learning to Stay - who is it that is learning to stay or is it more than one person? Is "stay" a location or a state of mind? You have certainly mastered intrigue @ChromedOutCortex, but not in a brash or grandiose manner. There have been no violent murders or other crimes committed, no political shenanigans or the airing of their dirty laundry by well known persons in the public arena, which is what one commonly thinks of as intriguing. This is small-scale intrigue, intrigue in the day-to-day lives of ordinary people, which to some extent I think, makes it even more intriguing.
-
That is certainly possible @drsawzall. Tom worked in a high-powered job in "financial services". Perhaps he invested heavily in some high risk investments and lost equally heavily. This would explain his plea to Louis he be allowed to project manage the upgrade of the "outhouses" in lieu of paying rent, which struck me as very odd if he had been as successful as Louis believed. It could also explain his gaunt appearance and his comment about Ian suffering from depression, something I daresay he might be suffering from himself. Between your comments and those of @pvtguy, I think the "mystery" about Tom's appearance and reason for an extended visit may have been resolved, although @Robert Hugill may still have a little surprise or two up his sleeve.
-
Aunt Daphne made quite an impression on Louis and it was not a positive one. It appeared she was a distant relative of Rumpole’s wife, she who must be obeyed. She was all knowing and very displeased Louis did not kiss her arse. After a horrid day of superior mammas and their spawn of pestilence, the last thing he needed was another battle-axe with an overinflated ego. We learned the truth, or at least something closer to the truth from Tom regarding the reason for, and the intended length of, his visit. Excellent chapter @Robert Hugill. I can totally relate to Louis.
- 14 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
Triplets! I had the same thought regarding Casey @Philippe. Tom is clearly relishing a second chance at "fatherhood". I won't be at all surprised if he and Beth formalise their caring for Jimmy and Shane before the story's end. "What did you tell them?’ ‘To fuck off! What else would you think I’d tell them?’ she laughed. " A welcome moment of comic relief, with Helen leaving no doubt in the minds of Azzopardi and Ryan what she thinks of them. They are either incredibly stupid to ask such questions, or incredibly brazen, believing themselves to be untouchable because they are protected by the "big wigs". I have little doubt said big wigs would not bat an eyelid if either one or both has their services "terminated" because they become a liability to whomever they are working for and protecting. The "real" Police Academy is at Goulburn in NSW @weinerdog, a town between Sydney and Canberra. I assume @Mark Ponyboy Peters had Rick in training there as all the places mentioned in this story have been real. Riveting @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
-
My original comment was "Stevie exclusive" @Paqman, but in the spirit of @weinerdog's comment, I responded with "perfect" songs from the Songbird and one from Trouble. The few times I have seen Christine interviewed she always presented as humble and gracious, unlike her American colleagues. I personally think Christine was very underrated, overshadowed by Stevie's "wild child" persona and Lindsay's reported production expertise.
-
The Mini Orgy and High School Begins
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The Mini Orgy and High School Begins
The combination of love/lust and a good old fashioned shooting has done wonders for Stephen's confidence. Whilst I do not usually advocate gun violence, in the case of Leon and Stephen's Uncle Mark, shooting him was the only thing which was likely to stop him raping and probably killing Leon. Although it was traumatic for Stephen to have shot him, it has perhaps strengthened his resolve to not cower to those who insult him by calling him a freak, and who insult both Michael and himself with homophobic taunts. If Max is not the intended bully, then it only leaves Paul, Tim, Ellis or Jim as the candidate for tosser extraordinaire, unless Dennis does an about face, which appears unlikely, but then anything can happen in Wilsonlandia. Perhaps it might be Tim, motivated by jealousy. . -
Oh you Sugar Daddy, seducing everyone Everywhere with your Brown Eyes and your Warm Ways. Always quick with a Say You Love Me or Isn't It Midnight, I am told You Make Loving Fun because you wrote the Book Of Love.
-
Another fine instalment in the Killian Kendall series. Killian's little quirks come to the fore again, quirks which he is lucky have not resulted in his own death, or at least serious injury. The motivation for his occasional, some may say more frequent than occasional, lapses of sound judgment, is almost always his desire for justice, particularly if there is an underdog amongst the "cast" and they are being mistreated or unfairly treated. There are the usual school of red herrings that one @Josh Aterovis, the Baltimore bamboozler, encourages to swim in the Maryland maelstrom. Sit back, speculate and enjoy another trip into the world of Aterovisian wonders.
-
- 1
-
-
Chapter 15 - All At Once
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 15 - All At Once
I was not at all surprised Marcus had figured out Dean was gay, but I was somewhat surprised by the depth of his emotions and his capacity and willingness to articulate them. Seemingly, he has far less in common with their odious father than what Dean does. I also did not realise Marcus raised Dean from his teenage years into adulthood. I assumed Dean had become an adult before their father died, however, this is apparently not the case. Dean is very fortunate to have had such a brother. The quandary Kris now finds himself in is not one to be envied. He has gone from having little joy in his life, apart from his mother, to a potential significant increase in his income AND someone who has professed their love for him. The poor lad is now spoilt for choices. -
I daresay you may have been on the Edge Of Seventeen when you first encountered this goddess @Gary L. Dressed in your Leather And Lace, a youthful British dandy, a Gypsy, going to your first Fleetwood Mac concert in Birmingham (?), accompanied by your best friends, your Sisters Of The Moon, Sara, Rhiannon and Angel. Did you Stand Back in awe as this Gold Dust Woman, this Bella Donna, this Beautiful Child, exposed you to the Seven Wonders with her vocal prowess? Did you succumb to a Landslide of emotions, bedazzled by the Beauty And The Beast, Enchanted by Stephanie Lynn?
-
I was thinking the same thing @Philippe. I kept "willing" Rick to forget about the sliding wardrobe door and under the curtains, and check the open page of the school yearbook instead, which Martin may have conveniently blown open to reveal the killer, or at least someone with a connection to the killer. "Well, we all know that you and your sister didn’t get on too well, but maybe it’s time the pair of you thought about burying the hatchet?’ she suggested." I agree Beth, in her back. I am not a forgiving person (least of all of myself) so am the worst person to offer a comment, but I would not be in a hurry to "forgive and forget" Stacey's contempt for Rick and Martin n the past. I suppose if Rick wants to have a relationship with his nephew I can understand him extending the olive branch, but if she makes one false move again, I suggest he erase her from is life for good. " ....... watching the sun dipping low, washing the sky with a colourful sunset and bathing the evening in an ethereal golden glow". What stunning imagery @Mark Ponyboy Peters, I can relate to it well. Rick may have "incorporated" Mr X into his dream as Martin's killer because he mentioned him in conversation with Beth and Tom before retiring for the evening, but equally it may be a message from "beyond the grave" from Martin. Whatever, it made for a vivid and riveting moment in this chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I wonder if he is someone Jimmy and/or Shane has serviced before, and I wonder if he has a connection to AC Barrett. I sense his penchant for dressing as The Headmaster may just be the tip of the iceberg. Stevie Nicks featured heavily in this chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, her "ethereal" vocals the perfect musical accompaniment for Rick's Dreams.
-
I read my comment again and noticed I had referred to Joshua as she instead of he @Paladin. I could blame auto-correct, but on this occasion that is too hard to believe. Instead I will blame Frida who insists on pressing herself against my laptop such that I have to put my arms up in the air slightly so as not to "disturb" her. I have already been glared at a number of times this evening for daring to "crowd" her. It is much cooler tonight so she is wanting the warmth of the laptop to warm her fur.
-
Chapter 18 - Journey
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 18 - Journey
This chapter had me in tears too, the saddest chapter yet. At times I thought Adam realised Jamie was dead, and then he said something to make me wonder if he thinks he is still alive. -
Chapter 17 - The Long Road
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 17 - The Long Road
I am back to not understanding anything @CincyKris. What is reality and what is not? What is a dream and what is not? I feel like I have entered the Twilight Zone or Bobby Ewing's shower. -
I remembered Joshua mentioning the call he made, which is why I felt vindicated to call her a bitch, nasty cow etc. I work with them every day, which has only increased my "colourful" language. I have never known any group of people to swear so much, so I have fitted in beautifully.
-
A tisket a tasket. It was the mention of Ella's little yellow basket that got you all verklempt wasn't it?
-
If I had been certain it was an error I would have sent you a private message. I have heard some people refer to "high" Anglicans as Catholic before so thought it might have been correct.
-
Ooh I do like the way your suspicious mind and that of fellow reader @pvtguy works @CincyKris. I will be particularly pleased if Uncle Phil has been financing Maddy's life and she has to payback money he has given her. Nasty cow. The solicitors who have been administering the trust funds for Madison, Daniel and Joshua should also be in deep shit. I wonder if they have any "affiliation" with Uncle Phil, if they have perhaps been viewing the porn he has produced.
-
Given his questions about Uncle Vernon's time in the Middle East and his job I wondered if he might recognise it too @drsawzall.
-
OMG @Ticklishboy30, you always post the most beautiful animal gifs. So much more appealing than human gifs.
-
I seem to recall she left Australia with her boyfriend/husband @CincyKris. I assume he is Irish and she took his family name. It strikes me as very suspicious she has apparently never attempted to maintain contact with her siblings, but has been quick to judge at least one of them, Joshua.
-
What @weinerdog said. Is Mr Corcoran a man of interest? Could he be the mysterious Mr X Rick sighted at Bondi Junction railway station and possibly caught a glimpse of near Alexis' workplace. He would be about the right age and could have lost some weight in the interim. It is apparent Tom and Beth, like Rick, have not finished grieving for Martin. His bedroom is a shrine to his memory, which may prove fortuitous in helping to solve his murder. I cannot help but think (or is it hope) there is something amongst Martin's possessions which may point to who it was who murdered him. It has not been windy today in Sydney @Mark Ponyboy Peters, but still my "hay fever" symptoms flared up with: "No matter who you love in the future, Martin will always have a place in your heart. Just as you will in ours." and: "It was then that another thought struck me . . . one that chilled me to the bone. Would any of these faces be capable of murder? And if so, then why? What possible motive would they have to harm such a beautiful boy? My beautiful boy!" I wonder if any of those educational films released by Falcon Studios are amongst the collection I have. Martin and Rick clearly had a thirst for knowledge (or something else), and were keen to continue their education even after leaving school. I am a little puzzled by the following statement @Mark Ponyboy Peters, having always attended public schools with no religious affiliation thankfully: "Waratah Catholic High School was a co-educational school, administered by the Anglican Church". Wouldn't a Catholic High School be administered by the Catholic Church, or are schools administered by the Anglican Church also referred to as Catholic High Schools? A beautifully written melancholic chapter, with a little revelation of Rick's life with Martin before his murder. Rick's reminiscing was mostly concentrated on the joyful times, the times prior to the moment when tragedy struck with the force of a natural disaster. As I read this chapter I had a much loved favourite ballad by Madonna playing in my head, rather an appropriate song given the location of the events which took place to. I sense the next chapter may be devastating, one which covers the incident which nearly destroyed Rick, Tom and Beth. If so, I think it best I wear a long sleeve shirt whilst reading it @Mark Ponyboy Peters, or have the doona and/or pillows nearby.
-
Perfect When You Touch Me
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Perfect When You Touch Me
Vince's protein-rich diet should ensure he remains in peak physical condition to continue his role as a guardian. One of the positive side-effects of his diet is that the process of consumption also releases significant serotonin and stress hormones, thus ensuring he remains calm and serene. Why would he possibly want to return to his former profession. If he continues to excel, "Bushy" Pembroke might even give him a promotion. Jack was too cute receiving his first blowjob. I can only but imagine how he will react when his prostate is stimulated for the first time. -
How about Toxicity Bitchface Sourpuss or TBS for short.
-
She was hugely successful, especially in the USA. You may have heard her Prince-penned Sugar Walls, which was on Tipper Gore's list of "filthy songs" at one time, along with several songs by the Purple One himself. I loved most of her songs, even the somewhat cheesy Morning Train (9 to 5). I love listening to her speaking because her Scottish accent is so strong, which does not come through in her singing. She is also very funny, taking the piss out of herself all the time. She is a smart woman too, she has been married and divorced 4 times, with the longest marriage lasting 18 months, and her last husband was a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon.
