-
Posts
8,287 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Chapter 16 - Graduation
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 16 - Graduation
Brilliant @CincyKris. I hope you are correct as then Adam may wake up from his coma and Jamie may still be alive. -
The City of Eternal Spring
Summerabbacat commented on LittleBuddhaTW's story chapter in The City of Eternal Spring
I know several vegetarians who have admitted that on occasion they crave bacon @Altimexis. This is bewildering to me as I find the smell of pork and lamb being cooked truly repulsive, and the smell of bacon when cooked with eggs (which I also do not eat) has me dry retching. I live in an apartment block and sometimes someone will have a barbecue on their balcony. If it is just beef I can tolerate the smell, but if it is lamb and/or pork I have to shut all my doors as the stench is overpowering. I stopped eating red meat 40 years ago and had no difficulty doing so as I never liked the taste, and the cruelty of raising and then killing these animals is something I find abhorrent. I gave up eating chicken about 15 years ago, but for a short time thereafter I would pass the barbecue chicken counter in my local supermarket and stand there and inhale as I still liked the smell. If I did that now I would be dry retching again. As for seafood, I gave that up when I saw a TV programme about how toxic salmon farming is for the environment, which is a large industry here in Australia. I thought I would crave salmon and flathead, but I had no craving for either as soon as I stopped eating them. I do occasionally think I would like some prawns and/or oysters though, but quickly put it from my mind by acknowledging the cruelty aspect again. I have not however, and never will force my cats to be vegetarian. -
Chapter 16 - Graduation
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 16 - Graduation
I suspected early on in this story death was what would part Adam and Jamie, but as it meandered along I was hoping I was wrong. What remains to be answered without reservation is this: was Adam in a real relationship with Jamie, one in which each disclosed his true feelings, and was Adam in the car in which Jamie was killed if so, then Adam's love for Jamie was not a secret, it was out in the open and many people witnessed it if not, then EVERYTHING Adam has reminisced about is a figment of his imagination and he is truly delusional Of course, Adam could be having a Pam Ewing-like dream and he and Jamie are happy together and attending college in 2025. I think I like this speculation best @CincyKris and @VBlew. -
You have obviously been eating your carrots @drsawzall. Like @Philippe, I was very concerned Killian may have handed over all the documents without having a copy, particularly if Evans is on Fenton Black's "payroll". No surprises Fenton is involved in the corruption being investigated by Micah, and that he has murdered more than just Paul. I hope he does not add TJ or Jake to that list of murder victims before the story concludes. The suspense is palpable @Josh Aterovis. I have not forgotten Judy's dire premonition that death is on its way. I hope it is not Jake, TJ or Micah to whom the Reaper will come a calling.
-
An illuminating New Year’s Eve
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in An illuminating New Year’s Eve
It makes you someone who is capable of rational and independent thought @pvtguy, not a sheeple. I loathe fireworks and get very "strident" about it on New Year's Eve which makes me bah humbug too. And your comment has taught me something, I did not know the bah was spelt as such (I have never read anything by Charles Dickens). -
An illuminating New Year’s Eve
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in An illuminating New Year’s Eve
"Russ smiled. “I don’t know, it’s had its moments. And tonight was…” He paused and considered. “Illuminating.” Russ clearly did not wish to upset either Con or Lisa when he made this restrained and somewhat cryptic remark. Initially Russ was physically assaulted by a brain-dead leprechaun in the form of Conn O'Neill and his goons, and now friends of said goons, one of whom is distantly related to Lisa, verbally assault him and state he brought it on himself by "hitting on" poor Conn. Clearly another delusional heterosexual male who has not looked at himself in the mirror, one who believes he is far more attractive than what he is. Yobbos the world over "suffer" from this affliction, many of whom believe they are God's gift to women too. Fortunately Russ' trip has had many positives, including a much improved relationship with his brother, and a fledgling friendship with Jamie and Cathal. Non-pareils aka hundreds and thousands were very popular in Australia in my formative years in the 1970's. We had them on white bread as sandwiches known as "fairy bread". When I think of it now I think how disgusting. They were always sprinkled on icing on cakes too. I am not sure if they are even manufactured now. Of course Bronski Beat released a remix album entitled Hundreds & Thousands shortly after the success of The Age Of Consent. Did you play any part in its recording @Robert Hugill? Another delightful chapter Robert, apart from the appearance of the knuckle-draggers. -
The Message in the Rock
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Message in the Rock
If Theodore is not prepared to listen to either Vince or Jack because they are mere humans, then maybe he should listen to the "wisdom" of Samantha Fox, or will he believe she is inferior to him too because she is only a fox and not a wolf. Many Aussies were captivated by Samantha's "wisdom" in 1986 when this song was a massive hit (# 3 for the year). I kept misreading Vince's reading of the "runes" as reading of the "prunes". Reading the prunes may have produced quite a different rhyming message I should imagine. Your imagination is a thing to behold @Laura S. Fox, but can you "sing" like your fellow "vixen" Samantha? -
The First Night and a Road Trip
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The First Night and a Road Trip
An enjoyable and "easy" read @Lee Wilson, with only a hint of nastiness and an emotionally challenging moment for Darren. Thus far I would refer to this story as Lee Wilson lite, which in no way is a criticism. It demonstrates your versatility in story telling. -
The First Night and a Road Trip
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The First Night and a Road Trip
Manual labour where "payment" is received immediately upon completion of the task at hand (or mouth or ............). The payment may be tax-free i.e. "cash" in hand (or mouth or .......), or may attract taxes if the manual labour is provided by a professional with "qualifications" in the field of the enterprise. In this instance I assume it was a tax-free transaction @weinerdog. -
The First Night and a Road Trip
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The First Night and a Road Trip
May I be so bold @Lee Wilson and @weinerdog as to suggest oral orchestration of the ornamental omnipotence. -
‘" . . . I just didn’t think it would ever happen,’ he said. ‘I just thought we would all be trapped there . . . working for him forever.’ His voice sounded shaky, as if he were having trouble holding his emotions in check, but given the circumstances I, for one, could forgive him that. ‘No, mate. It’s all over and hopefully, after tomorrow, we’ll have you and Jimmy far away from here, at least for the time being, and you’ll be able to get a fresh start.’ It was then that it all finally seemed to hit home for him, and he totally lost it. Shane threw himself at me, wrapping his arms tightly around my shoulders and sobbing uncontrollably against me. All I could do was wrap my arms around him and hold him, as the built-up hurt from years of being neglected, and of being used and abused, burst forth like a torrent." This conversation slammed me for six @Mark Ponyboy Peters and gave me cause to ponder. Underage boys and girls in this situation have more than likely not completed the compulsory education for their respective ages. They may not have any identification documents, and would be ill-equipped for life once they are thrown on the scrap heap because they are too old to ply their trade. Is it any wonder some resort to a life of drugs and/or crime, or commit suicide at a young age. Scum like Jarvis exist the world over because scum like the clients of the boys exist the world over. It is apparent after this particular scene, Rick's trauma and ongoing grief is contributing to him forging a stronger connection with Jimmy and Shane than what might have occurred without his experience. Both boys regard him highly and have revealed things to him which they may not have revealed to anyone else, not even to Helen. I strongly suspect Helen is aware of this too and is encouraging it, without any sense of jealousy or slight on her part. She and Rick make a great team. Shane's emotional meltdown said more about the devastation of his life than any words could convey. You have written some very powerful and emotionally challenging scenes in your published works to date @Mark Ponyboy Peters, but I don't recall any surpassing this one.
-
The ruination of Christina Jarvis' social standing may be one of the positive side effects of Jarvis' arrest @centexhairysub. If she is aware of all of her husband's business interests her social standing decline might be the least of her worries. AC Barrett's hysteria may be purely selfish i.e. he may be worried that what has been hushed up about his private life becomes pubic knowledge. If his only "crime" is he has visited gay sex premises and had sex with consenting adults, whatever that sex may entail, then he has nothing to be concerned about from a legal perspective. Of course, I am not naive enough to believe his career won't be affected if he has merely had sex with other consenting adult males at gay sex premises. If however, he has procured the services of underage boys from Jarvis' "stable" I hope he is exposed and convicted.
-
I hope you and @chris191070 are way off the mark on this occasion @weinerdog. If there is press coverage of Jarvis' arrest it may bring pressure to bear on the case, as in the court of public opinion Jarvis would not fare well (I hope), although I have little doubt his QC will attempt to paint the boys in a very unfavourable light, particularly if he, Roderick Carlton, has ever procured the services of any of Jarvis' "stable". One can only hope the presiding judge does not have a vested interest in finding Jarvis not guilty.
-
What can I say @Mark Ponyboy Peters, good stories stir a reader's creative juices. I hated this song as a teenager when it was a huge hit in Australia. My tastes have changed over the years and now I think it is a great song from an equally great album (which I also I did not like as a teenager).
-
Nah, that is mild @Mark Ponyboy Peters. If I really let my imagination run wild I could have come up with something far juicier and more punitive for both Jarvis and Gus.
-
I thought of that too @Mark Ponyboy Peters, but assume Azzopardi and Ryan may be familiar with Helen's car, or at least have the resources to find out what sort of car she drives if she uses a work car during the day when she and Rick are not walking. I don't trust Azzopardi and Ryan, and I won't be at all surprised if Buttwipe Benevetti is feeding them any information he overhears or snoops to find out about Jimmy and Shane's whereabouts. I will be gravely disappointed if harm comes to either of these lads, well at least harm that results in their death. The "violent vegetarian" in me would very much like to see both Jarvis and Gus subject to reciprocal treatment, although in consideration of the environment, I would prefer Gus be found floating in Boy Charlton Pool rather than Botany Bay or Sydney Harbour, with a very large dildo stuck up his arse or perhaps even a rubber/silicon fist embedded there, to the elbow.
-
The City of Eternal Spring
Summerabbacat commented on LittleBuddhaTW's story chapter in The City of Eternal Spring
"You're going to do great," Dad said. "Just… be careful who you get close to. Some of the wealthier narcos send their kids to schools like this under fake names. You’ll also run into politicians’ kids, businessmen’s kids, and other expat kids – a whole mix. But definitely the upper crust of Colombia, as well as some scholarship students from poorer areas, mixed in for diversity. Just try to blend in, give it a fair chance. Make some friends. Be happy, for once. I think we’ve all had enough of your moping since… well, you know …" It is easy to see why Hunter and his father are not close; his father is an arsehole. Hunter appears to be an inconvenience to his father, or is perhaps an unwanted reminder of his deceased wife. I wonder if he was as cold and dismissive of her as he is of Hunter. He has essentially abandoned Hunter to further his career and has the audacity to demand certain behaviour from Hunter. Like @Altimexis, I am surprised by the blandness of the food. If Hunter's experience with the local cuisine so far is any indication, healthy eating is going to be a challenge. Like @Altimexis, I am also somewhat suspicious of the overt friendliness of Miguel on the first day of school to Hunter, the new kid in town. The weather appears perfect @LittleBuddhaTW. Hot and humid; just how I like it. -
I echo all the positive comments made by my fellow readers on this and all the preceding chapters. For me at least the pinnacle of this story was this discussion between Nick and Jack: "He got quiet, fingers finding mine. “Nick… thanks for this. For letting me move in. For giving me a family. For looking after me. For loving me when I couldn’t even look at myself.” “You don’t have to thank me. I’m not doing you a favor.” I kissed his shoulder. “I’m just loving you.” “I think I’m getting better,” he whispered. “Slowly. But I feel it. Like I’m not just surviving. I’m… living.” I have shed many tears reading this story, none moreso than this conversation. Unlike most of the other tear-shedding moments, this one was thankful, joyful and celebrated hope and a sense of real purpose for the future. Like my learned "canine" fellow reader @weinerdog, I hope the future at Harrison West includes the admittance of a very special "student", one whom asks for very little in return, the "star" of the story in my eyes, Mr Bojangles (and I like Nina Simone's version best). Thank you for sharing your tremendous talent, which has brought joy to so many, @LittleBuddhaTW.
-
How refreshing for a parent to recognise their child, even though he is now an adult, is less than perfect. Imagine that happening with parents and children today. No, not going to happen. I thought the same thing @weinerdog. I assume it is Rick who will transport Jimmy and Shane to Martin's parents' home. It appears he does not have his own car and taking a police vehicle or a hire car would be too easy to trace. Perhaps he might borrow Adam's BMW to make the trip.
-
Uncle Vernon & Charlie
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Uncle Vernon & Charlie
I read this chapter at around midnight on Friday evening (I think) and could not follow the conversation between Ian and Louis at all, and after that I got a "little lost" a couple of times following the thread of the story. Reading it again now at 2.00pm on Sunday afternoon I have to wonder what confused me. I read the conversation between Ian and Louis and it made perfect sense. It was obvious who said what, and as for the rest of the chapter, it was fully compos mentis too. Friday was not a good day at work and I finished the day very tired and very pissed off, so perhaps this was the root cause for my confusion. I am certainly glad I read the chapter again because if was as if I read a completely different chapter on Friday evening. Nicky the harpy, a wonderful description @CincyKris. Being less polite and in keeping with the English setting of this story, I would have described her as a "right cow". As for this vituperative fishwife's artistic talents, they were somewhat caustically, and very amusingly, described by Louis as "specialised in hand-printed silk and velvet, mainly scarves and floaty garments, all enormously expensive". Overpriced tat perhaps? As speculated by @centexhairysub is Charlie's friendliness towards Louis simply the joy of having a male fellow artist in the Stables, or does he have another hitherto unrevealed motivation? It is a trip to the Hugillverse @centexhairysub, so methinks Charlie may find Louis as sexy as Louis finds Charlie; however, the revelation may take some time to occur. In the meantime we can enjoy the awkward encounters and comical moments as they dance around the topic. Outstanding as usual @Robert Hugill, even if it did take me two readings to comprehend (my "fault" obviously, not yours). -
@Josh Aterovis, master of the understatement. If the cesspool which currently exists had only infected LGBTQI rights it would be bearable, but so much more is at stake. Every day I read of the wholesale murder of wolves, bears, polar bears and Felix only knows what else, brought upon this by demented dictator and his band of like- minded scum. Then there is the incessant greed and the need to conquer nature by destruction of the environment. The list of negatives is endless and too depressing to dwell upon.
-
Damn. An inconvenient truth. Maybe he was incognito.
-
Owen Evans - gluttonous carnivore, overworked and under-appreciated. Old school like Novak, likely overlooked for promotions because of this and his age. Seemingly had a begrudging respect for Killian, but Killian should still tread with caution. Even before the discovery of the photograph I suspected Tom Jackson might be Jake @drsawzall. What troubles me though is, what was the nature of his relationship with Paul. Was it genuine, or was Jake already in too deep with Fenton Black, who was using him to get information on Paul. Several of us, your good self included, thought the key to the safety deposit box might be the key to solving the murder. Indirectly, it might be, but I think the origin of the connection between Jake and Fenton might be the "real" key. Paul's "family". What a joke. A spineless mother who utters ridiculous platitudes "he's in a better place now". Apparently frightened of her son, James, who forbids her to speak of his brother. If she cared tuppence for Paul she could always tell judgmental James to fuck off, in a "wholesome" manner of course "There's the door, don't let it hit you on the arse on the way out you fucking pious neanderthal". Unfortunately, there was little cause for "aterovisian" laughter in this chapter @Josh Aterovis. Not even the bon vivant of Baltimore could have brought any cheer to this chapter, with Frumpy Frau Flynn providing a glimpse into a life Paul was right to have left behind in search of sanity and happiness.
-
A well "greased" doorknob @drsawzall.
-
"No, Mama. They are helping us, but they may be in danger, so that’s why we need to get them out of the city and keep them safe. There will only be three people who will know where they are . . . we can’t afford to have anyone find out where they’ve disappeared to." This chapter needed a tissue warning, at least for me @Mark Ponyboy Peters, for this discussion alone. I sense Rick, and Beth and Tom, has each found comfort in the other for things lost, Rick as a surrogate son for Beth and Tom, and Beth and Tom as surrogate parents for Rick. What a disappointment Rick's parents must be, possibly poisoned by piety. Jarvis lives in Rose Bay; well he certainly won't be the only resident whose lifestyle has been funded by some illegal, or at least shady, businesses. And what of his wife, Cynthia, uptight Eastern Suburbs "wife", a dried-up, middle-aged crustacean. I won't be surprised to learn she knows well enough her lifestyle is being funded by illegal activities, but so long as she is kept in the manner to which she has become accustomed, her conscience will not be troubled. After all, she deserves it. I am with Rick, she is a nasty piece of work. Hopefully when Jarvis is imprisoned and the ill-gotten proceeds of his crimes seized, she will return from whence she came, working at her local Charcoal Chicken takeaway in Mt Druitt. AC Barrett is the possible high-profile cop to whom Shane referred as one of the regular johns who used the services of the boys provided by Jarvis. But is it really him, it seems awfully convenient. The inference he was spotted leaving a "gay sex den" so it must be him is bullshit. It is more likely to be a perfectly respectable heterosexual cop, one who is married with children, who likes younger boys on the down-low. Intriguing plus @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Hopefully in the next chapter Helen and Rick will have Jarvis and Gus in custody, with Gus singing like a canary, implicating Jarvis in more than just supplying underage boys for sex. If he does, he may find himself "meeting his maker" much sooner than he would have liked. I just hope he can be kept alive for long enough to bring down Jarvis and any of his associates or high profile johns who have been involved in the use and abuse of the boys.
