Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,287
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Theodore best have spectacular carnality to compensate for his total lack of people skills. He is unnecessarily rude, arrogant and aggressive. He was somewhat amusing to observe initially, his flustered responses to Jack particularly so, now he is merely tiresome and very unappealing. If he is unable to put his tongue to good use with pleasant conversation, then he had better be prepared o deliver exceptional ball-licking and rimming services as a bare minimum. I seem to recall Jack's cards indicating that not all of Theodore's pack were dead as he has always claimed. If his attitude towards Jack and Vince is any guide, this could well be true. His pack may have up and left voluntarily, tired of him being such a douchebag.
  2. This Dean, slowly shedding layers of hurt, anger, resentment, self-doubt and self-destruction, is the authentic Dean, one who is far more appealing than the one who was still trying to please a dead bigot and live by his beliefs and pronouncements. This Dean is actually likeable, very likeable in fact. This Dean is someone Kris could take home to Mamma and introduce, which would be a pointless exercise of course because she has already given him the seal of approval. Positivity from Dean, I am not sure I can cope @ChromedOutCortex, LOL. I just hope he does not fuck it up as Learning to Stay in Kris' orbit, wherever that orbit may be, appears to be something which brings him joy and contentment, something he has rarely known.
  3. The other option @centexhairysub is that his toast might not be buttered at all. Aunt would almost certainly have forbidden discussion of such "things", and Ian may have been too frightened to take matters into his own hands for fear of Aunt bursting in and rebuking him for such deviant behaviour.
  4. They are ALWAYS right @drsawzall. If they are unable to change minds, then those whose minds cannot be changed are deemed unworthy to breathe such rarefied air, and are disposed of like yesterday's garbage.
  5. It reminds me of what I have read of similarly violent and despotic regimes which remained in power in Argentina and Chile.
  6. I thought the barbecue was going to be a total bust @Mark Ponyboy Peters, what with the prawn skewers and ham steaks (I had no idea what this was, I don't recall ever seeing them before), but all was forgiven when it was revealed Tom had barbecued pineapple. @Summerabbacat loves barbecued pineapple (and it DOES belong on pizza too). And as for that lemon meringue pie, delicious. And did you know Mark that you can make meringue without egg whites? You substitute chick pea brine, and whip it up just like egg white. I am inclined to believe in the "supernatural" elements which feature in this chapter, although I have never experienced such a thing myself. Gus' little black book is likely to prove invaluable in identifying those who have been involved in cruelty towards any of the boys. I imagine all the boys are underage so it will be interesting to observe how far the police are prepared to go with arrests. As many have commented, Jimmy and Shane have settled in remarkably quickly and amiably with Beth and Tom. Mama and Papa seem to have adjusted very quickly too in welcoming their young charges. It appears Love Is In The Air on the Hunter. Delightful chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  7. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 2

    I hope you and @Seraph28 are correct @drsawzall. I had an image of Skye resembling a young Felipe Rose from the Village People in a loin cloth and a full on headdress.
  8. “I was marbling a bog this morning!” Charlie grinned. “As in an actual porcelain toilet? Or just the room?” “The room, idiot. Some woman with ideas above herself. Evidently the Queen’s bogs are marbled.” Shades of Hyacinth Bucket, the lady of the house. I knew you were referring to QEII rather than the Rottweiler @Robert Hugill. Valentine Emmanuel. I had an image of an African-American gay male porn star. Smooth dark chocolate velvet-like skin, huge pouty lips, an arse you could crack walnuts on, and a rocket launcher to shame Jeff Stryker. Instead Valentine Emmanuel was anything but "exotic", a rather plain Jane. Your usual high-standard Robert.
  9. I know very little about Franco as I was only 12 years of age when he died, but I vaguely recall his death reported on the TV news, even down here in the Antipodes @Gary L. I of course, was far more interested in other things than the death of some despot in a far away land called Spain. Everything I have read about him since, which admittedly is very little, paints a picture of a man I believe I would despise. I assume Gerardo may be Otto's papa. His foreknowledge of what was about to happen is intriguing.
  10. OMG @Gary L. You are a "brave" man, giving the girls "starring" roles, especially Señorita Lilibeth. She may become even more demanding, and jealous of her sister if Greta gets more attention than she. You may have another Olivia de Havilland vs Joan Fontaine lifelong feud on your hands. The synopsis of the story is very appealing. It reminded me of a quote attributed to Almodóvar, when an up and coming film director if I remember correctly. He indicated whenever he set out to make a film, one of his intentions was to make it such that it would have offended Franco.
  11. Perhaps Adrian thought he could have a drink of water at one of the washrooms along the trail @CincyKris, or a bottled water or cafe latte at one of the coffeeshops along the trail. He is very fortunate Liam coincidentally is hiking the same trail; he may have got into some strife left to his own devices. And just quietly, Liam is fortunate to have met Adrian again; he was unnecessarily terse to him in the gym, something which he realises. I suspect Adrian only quit the cycling group because of Liam's attitude.
  12. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 2

    “Jacy, the reason your grandmother and I separated — and part of the reason your aunt tries so hard to pretend I don’t exist — is because I am two-spirit.” It was not predictable, but I sensed Fletcher was going to disclose this. Firstly, it was the maroon coloured Harley Davidson, then the admission he began to find himself prior to divorcing Grandma Allen. Daisy is going to have a conniption when she finds out her nephew is a "two-spirit" like her biological father. She may need a dose of prunes AND psyllium husks to get her through such shame. No amount of speaking in tongues or feeling the power of the holy spirit cleanse her and knock her to the ground will help her overcome the "blockage" of shame this will bring to her. Jacy may have to move to live with either Lily or Fletcher. Lily's warning about Skye was somewhat ominous. He seems harmless, although clearly besotted with himself. Perhaps he is a player, someone who will steal Jacy's heart, not to mention his V card, before he tires of him and moves onto a new conquest. I think he is very aware of Jacy's "gift". Intriguing and enjoyable thus far @Josh Aterovis, with not a red herring in sight (yet).
  13. A pillar of the community in his eyes and the eyes of many of his followers. Pious and superior, a true believer. In his eyes not guilty of any of the claims made about him, a "model" priest. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
  14. People in very high places are invariably protected; one only has to recall a certain very prominent Australian cardinal from a few years ago, now deceased. I will never be convinced he was not involved in what he was accused of; and, without a shadow of a doubt he turned a blind eye to sexual misconduct within the clergy and BLAMED the child victims. He was so fucking arrogant. May he rot in hell.
  15. The hypocrisy of religious organisations is one of the things which rankles me most. The old adage, do as I say not as I do comes to mind. I don't care if individuals are religious as long as they keep it to themselves. I resent subsiding religion with my tax dollars. I would much prefer my tax dollars be used to protect and care for non-human animals, creatures who live the "ideals" of zealots far more than what they themselves do. If you had gone into more detail about what Mr Cunningham and the school did and did not do, then we stroppy bastards would not have had near as much fun speculating and pontificating as we have had. Given what Robbie said about Mr Cunningham and the reaction of the man himself to Rick's revelation of further murders, I think his conscience will be his just desserts. I don't judge him as harshly as the school board or the diocese as he was restricted in what he could do. Like I commented above, I have absolutely no doubt had he reported it to the police, the diocese would have been successful in "persuading" the police to sweep it under the carpet, whilst ruining Mr Cunningham. It is pleasing to know the comments we readers make is an inspiration at times.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 1

    My initial reaction to the non-appearance of Killian in this story was - an Aterovisian delight without Killian? Well, that will be like The Captain without Tennille, Sonny without Cher, KC without the Sunshine Band, or Bert without Ernie. Alas, it was not to be, the story is working well without Killian, at least thus far. The story has kicked off with a bang, almost literally with the "premonition" of the hit and run which did not eventuate. I dare say Daisy travels by broom @drsawzall, so the car will be available for Jacy's use too. Given the synopsis, I wonder if Jacy or perhaps Lily may have the "gift" to train Killian to maximise and manage his "gifts". I imagine Daisy would be appalled someone in her father's family may have been a shaman, a gift which may have been inherited by Lily or Jacy, who also is a "two spirit", something Daisy definitely would not approve of. She is one uptight bitch. Perhaps a dose of prunes of psyllium husks may help to ease her constipated mind @Josh Aterovis.
  17. Encouraged by Markus, authentic Dean, or at least a version which appears more authentic, appeared. A far more likeable fellow, although Leah would disagree, at least for now, emerged. It's not all sunshine and lollipops yet though, for either Dean or Kris. Will life ever be all ha ha hee hee for the two of them, together or apart?
  18. I picked up on two of the references only @Lee Wilson. No surprises, it was two of the three musical references; no surprises NOT Oasis. Very amusing.
  19. And preferably alopecious or alopecic too @drsawzall. Dental floss it ain't.
  20. I have to agree with the following comments made by @centexhairysub, comments which perhaps conflict with the comments of a number of our fellow readers: "Cunningham should have reported this, I will bet that even back when this took place and in Australia; that there was a statute about responsibility to report anything like this, of course, the school board/board of governors were always won't to ignore that. Cunningham is probably a good guy that had his hands tied by those above him. But this will haunt him, the other deaths, if it turns out to be Corcoran" . Cunningham should certainly have reported the attack on Cory, but in the course of doing so he would likely have had his employment terminated and his reputation sullied, such that he would not have been able to get another job. Even if he had reported it to the police, there is no guarantee they would have done anything about it. The school board, and to a greater extent the diocese, would no doubt have applied extreme pressure to the police to sweep it under the carpet. Subliminal threats and bribery work wonders in the hands of experts, and these organisations have practiced this for centuries. I never underestimate the corruption, deceit and evil of at least some of those with the power in organised religion. If anyone is to blame it is the diocese, protecting their fucking reputation (and wealth) was more important than protecting their students. And it is certainly not beyond belief there may have been an element of homophobia which influenced their behaviour. A known gay student is murdered, and a likely known gay student is attacked and possibly would have been murdered too. Oh well, they were asking for it, dirty sinful poofters. I believe Mr Cunningham will be haunted by Rick's revelation of further murders, as for the diocese, I doubt they will give a flying fuck. They will hold their pious heads high and deny any liability, as has happened time and time again. I am still suspicious of Joshua Bell too. I have not ruled out he has some involvement in the murders, even if only enabling the murders to be committed. Riveting chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, painting a sordid and realistic picture of religious-based schools, schools to which my hard-earned taxes contribute without me having any right to object to it being so.
  21. Welcome back to the "family by choice", at least in part, just in time for the festive season. The journey to France was uneventful, apart from the snooty border patrol woman who was determined to find fault with Slav's papers which indicated he was in the UK legally. The arrival of the family in France rattled the chains of Madame Marie Antoinette who initially refused to accept they were a family. Fortunately foresight on the part of Audra and Jock was enough to persuade Madame they were indeed a family; second bitch sorted, and without the need for a guillotine (damn). The accommodations have not been particularly salubrious to the English quintet, but in the eyes of Slav they appear to have been grand, palatial almost. Clearly Slav has led a far more ordinary life. If I remember correctly, he is from a small village in the Czech Republic, which may account for this. The promise of new accommodations when they return to the UK will no doubt result in entertaining forthcoming chapters @Robert Hugill.
  22. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 19

    I suspect many involved will start turning on each other, and if Uncle Phil and Horse were the "ring leaders" they may get the most heat of all. Perhaps they may both be gelded in prison, without the benefit of anaesthetic or clean instruments. Perhaps Uncle Phil could pay to have those "procedures" filmed for distribution on the "dark web".
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 19

    Madison "Maddy" O'Brien may not be the stupid ho she appears to be. She may be what my late maternal grandmother would refer to as "cunning as a shithouse rat". I am still suspicious of the timing or her running off to Ireland to marry her boyfriend. How do we know she was not in cahoots with Uncle Phil, fully aware of what illegal activities he was involved in? She may be fishing to find out any information she can as to the whereabouts of Joshua and now Daniel, information she could pass on to Uncle Phil so a hit can be arranged on them. She may be involved in the international pornography ring just as much as "poor innocent" Uncle Phil and Aunty Mary. Her venomous dislike of Joshua appears to be deep-rooted. I suspect there has been bad blood between the two for some time. I don't trust her and I sure as hell don't like her. Ireland can keep her, Ireland's loss is Australia's gain.
  24. I don't know about the "little gray cells", in my case it is more the "little gray hair", although in reality it is more accurately described as the "little white hair".
  25. Detective Sergeant Joss (Josquin) Burgess (JB) and Padmanaban Jeganathan (PJ) will I am sure prove to be an interesting couple. Burly and petite, gruff and mild-mannered. No surprises Kelsey dumped Charlie like yesterday's rubbish. Kelsey's loss is Charlie's gain. I don't believe Louis has seen the last of Thomas Englert. Hopefully Louis will make the acquaintance of Joss Burgess and soon as he may prove to be very useful in thwarting any threats, real or otherwise, from Thomas Englert. 'Jocks 'N' Boots'. Sounds like a "sniffies" night @Robert Hugill. Let's hope JB is able to contain his sixth sense for recognising trouble and enjoy himself, unless the trouble is such that attendees of the party are in physical danger. Keep up with the great storytelling Sir Robert Hugill (has a pleasant ring to it). Just so long as you don't get referred to as Sir Bob Hugill.
×
×
  • Create New...