Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Ieshwar

Author
  • Posts

    2,116
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ieshwar

  1. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 2

    I was actually scared that the slow pace might make it boring. But like you said, I think in the end it turned out fine. Thanks for this sweet review.
  2. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 2

    Thanks a lot for this great review, rustle. I didn't want Aiden to be the damsel in distress and Keith to be perfect shining knight. They are both flawed and broken in their own ways but they both are stronger than the horrors they faced. And this story had to end on a hopeful note. Anything else would have been ruthless. Glad that you enjoyed it.
  3. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 2

    I understand the bittersweet part. The story delves into horrors which are indeed scarring. I love the ending too. It's one of the first scenes I had in my head and that's when I learnt that they never talked to each other. Thank you, KC!
  4. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 2

    Believe me, it was very difficult pulling it off. I almost gave up several times. Glad that it works in the end. Thank you.
  5. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 2

    Yes, it is indeed a very peculiar situation I have written about. I wanted to explore a place which goes beyond words. Thank you for the review.
  6. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 2

    Thank you for reading and reviewing, Percy.
  7. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 2

    Awww, Jo Ann, you are so kind with your words. *hugs* I like to think that I don't write stories or poems, but instead emotions. To share, to evoke emotions. If I managed that, it's the best compliment I can receive as an author. Thanks a lot.
  8. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 2

    Thanks, Ron. Despite what it seems, Aiden is far from weak. He was a victim of curcumstances. I wanted him to stand strong at the end, showing us a glimpse of the power inside him. Glad that I managed that.
  9. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 2

    I know that I've stretched the believability of the plot. I did my best to make it as believable as possible. It was a rough subject indeed, not easy to write about. But still, kinda proud of it. Thanks for the review, Cia.
  10. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 1

    I had never attempted a story with a slow pace in the past. So glad that it worked. Thank you.
  11. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 1

    Yes, the silence was intentional. Unsaid words, the loud silence brought forward the tnesion I was looking for, IMO. Thanks for the review.
  12. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 1

    Yes, the silence was intentional. Unsaid words, the loud silence brought forward the tnesion I was looking for, IMO. Thanks for the review.
  13. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 1

    Thanks, Jo Ann. Sometimes, you may never know where life will take you next.
  14. Ieshwar

    Story: Part 1

    Thanks, Wayne. Like opening the Pandora's Box, opening that door did let out many evils which were hidden. And dealing with these evils isn't always easy...
  15. 6.25 pm and sulking about the end of the weekend. So not fair...
  16. I didn't want to cry today. Very touching poem, Jo Ann. Thanks for sharing.
  17. I'm writing this blog as an attempt to capture this great feeling inside me. I feel... Have you ever had to control your body so that you don't start dancing in the middle of the road? (I wish my life was a musical. That would have been fcking awesome!) It feels like I'm half-dreaming. Yesterday, I wanted to get off the bus and run home and scream how happy I was. So, yes, yesterday was my birthday. But that's just the cherry on top of the cake which makes the whole thing much more awesome. The cake is.... *drum rolls* I got my dream job! As graphic designer in an advertising agency. And it's not any agency. It's easily amongs the top three In Mauritius. It is THE company I always looked up to during my course and thought "Wow, they are good." And now to be there as part of the team.... Given the present situation of the economy and how tough the job market is for designers, it's tough for someone to get a good job, let alone for someone has just finished college and has no experience in this field. Since August I've been there as an intern, with the possibility of a job at the end IF they like my way of working. Two months, I spent dreaming and hoping for this moment. Sometimes, I was sure that it was not going to happen. But I promised myself to give myself to a max. And I did (kinda. Let's say 90%. I can be lazy sometimes. ) And when I heard it, I was half-high. I literally couldn't hear clearly. My mind was like "OMG, it's happening." At the end, my art director pinched me and said "It's real. You're not dreaming." And the weird thing is that they had already planned to tell me on Monday (yesterday) without knowing that it was my birthday! Wow... So yes, it's been a great birthday. On side note, my boyfriend bought an physical exercise kit for me as gift. Hint? Hope not. (P.S Why is my Blog Description "Standing At The Threshold?" Dude, I'm already beyond the threshold, sitting on the sofa and sipping my coffee... *sorry for the silliness* )
  18. Happy birthday, Steeve! Have lots of fun.
  19. Thanks for the wishes! I had an amazing day. 24... I like this number. So I got a half-munched cake by a cat and a zombified cake... I feel spoiled. Thanks for the very personalised cake, Zombie. It's very "eye-catching". Cheers Ieshwar
  20. Sexcellent? Alas, no. But it was great! Thanks for the wish and the fat cat. It's been good till now. Hopefully, that won't change. Don't worry about the two months difference. I just need to tweak my time machine and catch up. Thanks for the wish.
  21. Me? Seriously. I was incredibly naive and innocent. But I guess I was a late bloomer. I read stories on Nifty for years. I have been through porn for years. I doubt there is anything such as a taboo. Look on the web and you're sure to find a group with similar opinions, no matter what they are. But yes, there are things which make me, personally, very uncomfortable. Sexual exploration is indeed natural. I don't see anything taboo with it. If well done, showing the innocence, the young way of thinking, the self-exploration, I won't mind reading it. Incest... Like many here, brocest is cool for me. Perhaps, because I never had a brother. Dunno. But anything else... yeah, that would make me uncomfortable. I guess what would really don't work for me is the mixture of these two above elements. Parental figures having sexual relations with 10-12 years old. That's just... sick. That's my opinion.
  22. Happy (Belated) Birthday, Totally. Hope that you had a great day.
  23. Ieshwar

    ACME

    Funny. Witty. Sweet. Impossible to not smile by the end. I love the character's voice. It added to the impact of the story. Thanks for sharing.
  24. The only HP book I don't own or didn't read is Quidditch Through The Ages. I was never into sports.
  25. Ieshwar

    Chapter 1

    Like Nostalgiclikeyou said, I was definitely expecting something dark. When he realised that there was no birthday party, my first thought was "Oh God, Pandora surely had a problem and has committed suicide." (Don't ask me why I thought that. I'm just sick like that. >.< ) But I prefer your ending. What I like is the voice of the main character. It's difficult to get a tone which suits your protagonist and you captured Nathan's fun nature through the writing. You did a fine job with this one.
×
×
  • Create New...