Jump to content

BendtedWreath

Author
  • Posts

    1,244
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BendtedWreath

  1. BendtedWreath

    Enlightenment

    It’s tough for an only male child to come out to his parents. - Truer words... The thing is, he isn’t effeminate at all. - No one said anyone had to be. I enjoy reading about both opposite ends of the "spectrum" and everyone in-between. It's what it means to be human. The young lad believed every word his father preached to him over, and over, again. It skewed his thinking./Paul firmly believes that two men cannot love each other. - What? That's what you got from it? He finally honed in on a ski trip to Aspen. - Now, there's something I doubt I'll ever do in this lifetime. Too rich for my blood. 😂 Secretly, he yearns to meet the right guy, get married, and adopt a slew of children. - At least David knows what he wants. Cheryl gave Paul a peck on the cheek, and ran after Kyle. They were gone in a flash. Paul didn’t even have time to wish them good luck. In their haste, they forgot to mention one important fact. David was in the house adding the shelves for the nursery, and painting the room. - Now that's one of the first things they should have told him! 🤣 When his family saw Paul in domestic mode, they were awestruck. - 😂 He wanted to hug David and his kids; even his dog. - Oh, they got a dog, too. Nice! Bobby smiled, opened his mouth, and said, “Daddy, I love you.” - Where, oh where, is that tissue box? Bobby attended NYU and then Fordham Law. He clerked for his father during law school, and he worked for a prestigious law firm after graduation, but eventually, he took over his dad’s practice. He wanted more time to spend with his wife, three kids, and a dog, in Hartsdale, NY. He had been well indoctrinated in the importance and magic of family. - Nice! The torch was even passed to Bobby. This was a good read!
  2. My bro Brody. 🤣
  3. I trust all of @Cia's CSR features, and this story does not disappoint. Well worth the read. I even fell for a fictional, straight man in the process. 😂
  4. It's very rare that I can confidently recommend a story that checks all the boxes, and I had zero hesitation doing it for this, the first in the Carter Saga series. This one has so many memorable characters, it's challenging to choose a favorite. I've picked mine, so read and find yours!
  5. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 25

    His eyes travelled up to his sister, a vibrant young woman now nearly fourteen, wearing a beautiful black dress. She looked at her mother whose eyes narrowed at him. Some bitterness never died. But Lucy wasn't about to let that poison her love for her brother, as she slipped from her mother's side and went round to him. - Little half-sis is still strong! Oh, man. This was definitely worth reading. Thanks for sharing!
  6. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 24

    "Well, my son is in love," she said at last as if reaching a decision, "and I know nothing I could possibly say will shift a bull-headed Highmore once they have set their mind on something." Micheline gave him a very predatory smile, making her look almost hawkish, "Besides, if it gives the Major a stroke, so much the better."/"Am I going to have to get the hose?" she asked, breaking eggs into the pan. - 😂 She's really something.
  7. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 23

    "Happy Christmas, Willy..." she said in a tiny voice that was so filled with emotion that everyone's eyes were dragged to her. - Shot me right through the heart, little half-sis.
  8. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 22

    Brody glanced up at the clock, a bemused smile on his lips. "By the time, I'm guessing you took the scenic route around Andrew's tonsils." - Good ol' Brody! 🤣 Lisa elbowed him in the ribs, "How come you never say stuff like that to me?" she demanded petulantly./"On that note," Brody said, suddenly looking like he wanted to escape, "I'm going to bed; I guess you guys are all staying here so make yourselves at home." - 🤣
  9. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 21

    "Jared's just breaking up with Charlene. He didn't like what she did to you," she looked up at Andrew, "and so he's breaking up with her." - Jared is another favorite character. Not at the level of Brody, but a great character, just the same. "Cool! Mom, boys can be boyfriends with each other too!" the young kid's voice was in obvious awe as they rounded the corner and came face to face with the scandalized mother and her overly enthusiastic son. - This kid is something else! 😂
  10. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 20

    Jared grinned, "And no getting ideas, just 'cause you're a puck bunny..." - 🤣I'm still laughing over this.
  11. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 19

    "One-on-one, sure that doesn't concern me. Three-on-one, I call that a party..." - It's official. I'm in love with a fictional character. 🤣He was my favorite character long before this, but it's well beyond that at this point. I'm done for. Will's own fist knotted as he hit back, catching Todd unprepared for the first blow. - That's what I'm talking about! Will swallowed as he gasped for breath, taking a step forward to follow through, but Todd raised his hands, "Enough," he said, as he rested a hand against the lockers. - That's surprising. I hope Todd gained a smidgeon of respect towards Will. Will shook his head again, what was it with everyone? He had successfully defended himself and it still didn't seem to matter. They still wanted to protect him, it was flattering and showed they cared. But Will still felt like he could protect himself, he had after all stood up to Todd Gadreau... - I'm with you there, Will.
  12. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 18

    There was no point, no need. The Major had ultimately won what he wanted, his new life bereft of the past, and Will had won the freedom he had so craved growing up. - Oof. That stung. "What's her name?" Micheline asked, offering a slight hint of a smile as she looked over the table at him./He was startled, and he looked down at his bowl of cereal trying to regroup. - That stung, too, for a different reason. I've been in his position before a good few times. "Well I think William needs a good friend this Christmas, you should invite him to join us Christmas Eve." - And that's when I would have spilled the beans. All the beans. 'Mom, remember that "girl" you thought I was secretly dating... ? Funny story... '
  13. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 16

    It was just like that: Andrew smiled and he felt like a dork, Will smiled and clouds parted. - I had to stop and mention that this was my favorite line. Simple, telling, and charged all at once. But the entire chapter was gorgeously written. Just excellently portrayed.
  14. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 15

    Yeah, when I was a sophomore in high school, I was too busy tying to grasp Chemistry math to think of anything beyond the following two days. It's both tragic and admirable that Will's forced to look ahead so soon. Different country, different school system, struggling with his orientation, and kicked out of the house. That'd get anyone planning ahead to survive, that's for sure.
  15. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 14

    Greenwood really went and told him to be safe. What an amazing teacher, trying to keep lusty teen heads clearheaded enough to protect themselves.
  16. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 9

    The grandmother calling had me fighting tears, too. And Brody has really stepped up to the plate! He may not be predictable or easy to keep track of, but he fixed Will's locker, gave him a place to stay, and grounded support. Great guy.
  17. Welcome to the forum! I'm learning the art of writing myself. So far, I'm prolific-ish and lean to fantasy, according to what I've been told. Completed, edited/polished stories are encouraged. Whenever you do start posting, I advise you think well about the genre and tags/descriptors that match the story. Beware tossing a sci-fi into a historical or a horror into a comedy. 😂
  18. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    Thank you.
  19. I was going to say that Rocket was the more R-rated of the two, but both of them are on the same level. The only difference is that Stitch speaks the R-rated things in his own language. 🤣I imagine the two of them, clever and violent as they are, would have caused havoc in more than one galaxy if they ever crossed paths. And it's kids like the one who gave you the keychain stuffie that you remember forever.
  20. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    When I started writing it, I did have that thought of the white rabbit. Then, I realized I subconsciously swapped their appearances, Alix with the white-dyed hair, and Hop with the blonde. But the essence is still definitely there. Nice catch!
  21. Also, @Cia, I forgot to say that the Stitch GIF was a perfect addition. 🤣
  22. That combination of title fragments sounds like it could be it's own title.
  23. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    Yes, though we didn’t see Alix’s path, they both did their best to make it there in time and utterly failed. Worse, they did it all for the other person and didn't realize that they didnt even like the restaurant all that much until that moment. 😂 Just because it may have been where their first date was held doesn't mean it should be the anniversary location every time. I'm glad you thought so, and that everyone who read it gave my vision of the prompt the benefit of the doubt despite my being unable to convey it as clearly as I saw it in my head. I'm going to keep trying, though.
  24. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    I had a similar day once. It wasn't over something as important as an anniversary, though. My day ended being locked out of my place until someone else opened the door because I lost my keys. 🤣
  25. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    Thank you! The prompt already had the plot, so I feel I was just coloring inside the lines. Thank you! I'm still learning the ropes when it come to writing, but I'll never improve if I'm too afraid of making mistakes.
×
×
  • Create New...