Jump to content

BendtedWreath

Author
  • Posts

    1,244
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BendtedWreath

  1. BendtedWreath

    Prompt #689

    Still hurts, this family. Still beautiful. Still scarring.
  2. BendtedWreath

    Prompt #461

    Well, I guess Harper got the protection instead.
  3. BendtedWreath

    Prompt 194

    Was the coast guard trained in pacifying the supernatural?
  4. BendtedWreath

    Prompt #118

    It took me until that last line to realize this was about Pecos Bill. I've vague, vague memories of tall tales.
  5. BendtedWreath

    Prompt #103

    That's a lot of regrets. I hope he does call.
  6. You, too, Chris? I am so behind.
  7. Lee, you beat me to the punch? I need to get cracking on my creature feature. I have to rearrange and polish it.
  8. I expected to be moved by the tributes. I didn't expect to be utterly wrecked. Yet, I don't regret it one bit. I would have really missed out if I hadn't read Comsie's work. Such a great voice and unique style. Thanks again for posting this.
      • 4
      • Love
  9. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    The twins brought Rizzy a drink that looked so strong from a distance that I half expected it to melt right through the glass he was holding it in. - Such a colorful description. I could only imagine a nigh acid-level drink. Thanks to the moderators for posting this. I may have gotten here too late to interact with Comsie himself, but that won't stop me from commenting on the work he left behind and learning a thing or two in the process. He had a great writing style and a big heart. Thanks to everyone who came together to celebrate @Comicality with stories that I've no doubt he'd have enjoyed.
  10. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1 SO

    Let's go!! I'm glad to hear that.
  11. BendtedWreath

    Prologue SO

    I answer to Ben, Bennie, or BW, though they're not my real initials (BM). I lived in Jersey a couple of times. I was overworked in one area and battled cockroaches in the other. My uncle's car was stolen, and Jersey kids have no filter (though, to be fair, kids generally don't). I'm sure some areas of Jersey are fine, but at his age, I would have been more excited about leaving Jersey than trying to stay.
  12. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    Please tell me this is only the first chapter and not the fully completed piece. Please?
  13. An excellent tribute full of sorrow and heart. But, it is quite definitely a coming of age tale that pays homage to @Comicality. It shines a light on the struggles of youth as well as its resilience. Well, well done.
      • 5
      • Love
  14. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    I usually take notes on my reactions while I read, but I was too wrapped up reading to pause. I sympathized with Souris when the things he enjoyed became sour by the unfortunate event that happened years before. I was greatly upset that his mother would choose to do such a thing in a place he would see. I was relieved he found his person, though I do have one question: How did they find Mutt/Matteo? Had he gotten away at some point and went back to their hideout, and Souris had told them where that was? Or was he actually caught and they bailed him out?
  15. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1 SO

    “Hi, I’m Paul Thrasher,” - That name! We immediately got to work repeating the experiment, and then we took the measurements and recorded the data to see if it matched up what he had written down when he did the experiment previously. - Lucky that both of them were able to perform everything well, not everyone does well with science. you’ll get to double-check the landmarks so you’ll remember the way. - I go by landmarks, too. All the time. “It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Thrasher.” - I'd have gone with the safer "ma'am" unless I knew for sure she chose her husband's name and didn't just keep her maiden name. “Well, I’ve been watching you and I’ve noticed that whenever there’s a cute boy around you have a tendency to check him out, but you never do that when there’s a cute girl nearby. I figured that meant you must be gay.” - Just how sharp is your vision with those glasses? And we also have code words to let them know if they just have to pick me up or call the police. - Smart, smart, smart. -- Well, I have to admit that this story is very Comicality-esque in nature. It also doesn't feel complete, so I hope there's more. I'm already invested.
  16. BendtedWreath

    Prologue SO

    “Connor and Caitlin why don’t you come with me,” - Connor, Caitlin, and Cooper. Those kids are going to be hearing a cycling of all their names as their parents age until they land on the correct one. I like living here in New Jersey. - As someone who once lived in Jersey, I laughed way too hard at this line. Maybe, but I’ve read a lot of stories online about the people in the south not liking gays. - Kid has a valid point there. And now we’ll be entering high school where we’ll be on the lowest rung of the social ladder again. - Yet another valid point. “I also wanted to be the one to share this news with you. My dad just got a new job, so we’ll be moving to Georgia and I’ll be starting high school there.” - At least he got the chance to say goodbye to his friends. Dad and Mom used their phones to take plenty of photos of me and my friends dressed up and receiving our diplomas. - None of the middle schools I went to did this. We were just booted out.
  17. I don't read summaries/descriptions, and even if I did, it still wouldn't have prepared me for this story. The tension and action just racquet up to a crescendo into a rather satisfying ending, in my opinion.
      • 3
      • Love
  18. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    I was as surprised as I was excited to see that @Cia provided an entry to this tribute series. That being said, I wasn't disappointed! What a wild one-shot. I'm glad Judah's Awakening didn't go as planned and he managed to break free.
  19. Only read or participate, as well? 🥷
  20. Now cross that with the Cupid Central reviews and you'll land at my guess. 🤣 That's a really fun read, by the way. Highly recommended.
  21. This was equal parts creativity, comedy, and charm. Definitely worth reading from start to finish.
  22. BendtedWreath

    Story

    Came across this while trying to unmask an author, and I am not disappointed! This was such a fun read. I was so focused on their missions that I didn't even think about the angels' compatibilities until the very end.
  23. Thanks for reminding us of that! Ruling that one out, too.
  24. @Graeme @Lisa were my other guesses.
×
×
  • Create New...