Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

BendtedWreath

Author
  • Posts

    1,244
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BendtedWreath

  1. The writing style itself has poetic flair. The theme and content was a bold choice. But don't expect to leave this one with all of your questions well and truly answered (and that itself might have been an artistic choice). The only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars is because I didn't feel we understood enough while we were reading, we had more outer cues like the setting, atmosphere, the objects around the characters... but, we didn't spend enough time in Lucas's headspace and feelings to truly understand the choices he made, and that's why it didn't feel like he was the main character that the story description/summary led us to believe. It was like a detailed snapshot of photography from the surface instead of a hand-painted canvas baring a glimpse of the painter's soul.
      • 7
      • Like
      • Love
  2. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    It was Coke, definitely, but it had a slightly different taste - At this point, I was just hoping it wasn't such an old version of Coke that actually had coca in it. Posing for a picture. Or pictures. But like what? Like the one on the wall. - That explains that. Well, this entry left me with more questions than I had before. Why did Morris pick Lucas out specifically? What was with that initial meeting? Why did Lucas feel he needed a stranger's validation?
  3. This isn't just a testament of the struggles of the past, it's a reminder of resilience for the struggles ahead.
      • 4
      • Love
  4. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    I had received a verbal promise that my identity would remain shielded from the prying eyes of the press. However, to my shock and dismay, the very next day, my name was splashed across newspapers worldwide! “Holy shit!” - Yeah, some shielding. Roy, better known as Rock Hudson, introduced me to captivating individuals and unveiled a world of fascinating stories and experiences that have left an indelible mark on my soul. I hope he would be proud of my unshakable support during times when many chose to remain silent. - Hear hear. Doesn't matter the generation, it's always been a challenge to keep your head high and do right for yourself and others.
  5. This entry gave me a good laugh. I needed that laugh so early on a hectic Monday morning. Thanks for sharing!
      • 3
      • Love
  6. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    I was annoyed that my reflexes only kicked in after I was already in trouble. - HAHAHA! Wait, since when did Jeff have a gay book on his shelf?- HAHAHAHA! The fact that my best friend was questioning himself came second to the realization that I had ruined months of his hard work. - I like how quickly Ryan sorted out his own priorities! "You're not just saying that to get back in my good graces after what you did to Miku, are you?" - 🤣 I have my suspicions as to who wrote this, but it's too short to truly tell. Like @Valkyrie, I'm going to wait to guess until I've read them all.
  7. Why am I in the mood to watch All Dogs go to Heaven all of a sudden?
  8. "It may or may not involve drunk otters, superhero penguins, and alien capybaras" - Well, consider me sold! 😂 I'd like to read that.
  9. That's awful! Get well soon, Cia.
  10. 20 entries!! 😂 Amazing!
  11. Did anyone guess 17 yet? What about 7 by itself?
  12. Quality of reading indeed. I can hardly wait to try some of those features out!
  13. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    Same here! 🤣 Everything I mentioned may not have happened to me all on the same day, but I'm sure 75% of it has, more than once.
  14. The Capybara Invasion: This story is smoldering, but not in the way you might think! 😂
  15. 2054- I imagine I'll be slower by the time 2054 hits, but less rattled. If I'm alive and we're not all nuked to death, that is. They created a lab-bred species of capybara that would eat meat, specifically Norway rat meat, and move away from their vegetarian diet. - Whoever greenlit that lab needs to be tossed to the carnivore capybaras. Other pets of larger sizes like most cats, dogs and unfortunately penguins were unaffected by the toxin. - Wait, penguins??? Just the genius never thought of sterilizing the capybaras before releasing them. - That person needs to be tossed to the carnivore capibaras, too! Long introduction to me, Clayton Smyth, capybara killer at large. - Give exterminators a run for their money. Where I got my napalm supply was nobody’s business and why I worked alone. - 🤣 This was great!!
  16. The second installment of The Confessionl Series is as spicy as the first. Father Matthew writes as an outlet of his past encounters. Will he ever find inner peace?
      • 2
      • Like
      • Love
  17. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    you must recite your rosary twice daily, and say ten Hail Mary’s a day - Considering the rosary has some five sets of 10 Hail Mary prayers, the additional 10 Hail Mary's feels excess. 😂 But that might ne exactly why he assigned them. ...I really need to stop reading this series while out in public. Why do I keep torturing myself?
  18. The gloves are off with this first, sinful entry to the Confessional series. Be prepared for the spice! Beware of reading in public. But very well-written. One of Chris's best!
      • 1
      • Love
  19. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    Not a day went by that Father Matthew Stone, 27, did not wish that he wasn’t a priest. Some of the confessions and stories he heard in his little cage, blew his mind. - This is one of the best story openings I've ever read. Elliot as being Satan, and if not the devil, the Antichrist, for sure. - Damn. 😂 He couldn’t tell his confessor what his real “sin” was, so he made up substitute sins, praying for absolution. - I used to do the same. Well, I hope Warren finds some peace somehow. I look forward to reading the rest of this series.
  20. I knew I wouldn't be this late in the game considering there are several more stories in this series. I'll eventually catch up.
  21. I really enjoyed this. Would have even worked as a multi-chapter story. But I totally get the hesitation to dive into multi-chaptered work. Very heartfelt and clever.
      • 1
      • Love
×
×
  • Create New...