Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

BendtedWreath

Author
  • Posts

    1,244
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BendtedWreath

  1. That's my 1% doubt, but I still stand by my guess because I don't know if my other two guesses are coffee drinkers or not.
  2. HA! I think I figured it out. Going to do a little more digging, but I'm 99 percent sure this must be @Thirdly.
  3. Now, now. I was as newbie as it gets and I managed to figure out some Secret Authors before I really dove deep into their work. We can root them out.
  4. If he's willing to clean up the litter box himself...
  5. All I know for sure is that it's not @astone2292, @Aditus, @Timothy M., @CassieQ, @Jason Rimbaud, @kbois, or @Lee Wilson unless they mentioned themselves in there on purpose to throw us off. I've never had a longaniza sausage before, but reading about it is making me hungry. I've also yet to see an egg recipe I haven't wanted to try. Eggs are so versatile.
  6. BendtedWreath

    Story

    @Comicality's work never fails to make me feel something. It's a different something each time, but I feel, nonetheless. Though there was still romance in this one, it was more about an unexpected connection transcending time and space.
  7. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 5

    Oh, I 💯 loved it. The fusion of Seth's inner monologues with your touch of mischief and humor made for a very entertaining read, indeed.
  8. Lee gave everyone who read this story a gift in bringing it to an ending that felt fitting. I really rooted for Seth and Adler and this chapter not disappoint. Thank you!
      • 3
      • Love
  9. While we will never know exactly how this would have ended, this story is a vivid snapshot of youth, requited attraction, and all the awkwardness/embarrassment/simmering heat in between. Seth's inner monologue carries his unique flair, but I have no doubt his fear and hesitation towards the object of his affection is a universal feeling, especially at that age. Those "growing pain" years are never truly forgotten, but live in our subconscious until skilled and attentive writers bring you back!
      • 3
      • Love
  10. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 5

    I knew this story would be in good hands, but that first paragraph made me smile. I also was wondering when they'd end up crossing paths at the restroom and when they'd decide to hold hands. It does feel like something like this is where the story was leading, a first kiss and the two of them sleeping next to each other, but I'd have imagined Seth would have had spare clothes at Steven's and Steven would have been able to find a spare pair for Adler if they were sleeping over. It also felt like this story took place before cellphones were easily accessible, but that's neither here nor there. Either way, this was a very brave and an excellent chapter. It read more @Lee Wilson than @Comicality, but I'm not mad about that whatsoever, since I equally appreciate both styles. Thank you so much for giving us a plausible conclusion!
  11. BendtedWreath

    Sneak Away 4

    I started to wonder if I might be able to get Adler to follow me somewhere, you know? - That's exactly what I've been saying!
  12. BendtedWreath

    Sneak Away 3

    He better follow him to that bathroom. 😂
  13. BendtedWreath

    Sneak Away 2

    Like, this was FAR from being a false alarm, or just a puberty flex to test itself out without my consent. - Hahaha! Oh man, I had a feeling he was gonna pop a boner. I feel that embarrassment.
  14. BendtedWreath

    Sneak Away 1

    But it's just an automatic response to a collection of lingering feelings from the very battle of confusion that I was dealing with in the first place. - Hahaha! Yeah, or so I'm sure we all tried to tell ourselves at first! I try to put myself out there in a way where I seem available for him to make the first move and talk to me first...but when does that ever work? Honestly. - Actually, one of my first infatuations was keeping an eye on me as much as I was him. We had danced around each other for a while until someone else finally introduced us. Omigod, omigod, omigod….is it really that easy to just be introduced to a true angel on Earth like that? It doesn’t seem like it should be this simple. - I laughed so hard at this be cause I went through a very similar moment! Oh, man. This story really gave me some flashbacks of my own youth.
  15. @wildone I tell ya, your blogs never disappoint.
  16. I'm getting wrecked reading these first hand accounts and dedications. Thanks for sharing some of your treasured memories.
      • 3
      • Love
  17. I am starting to rethink my decision of choosing this afternoon to read the @Comicality tributes. I didn't realize how sensitive a soul I was until I kept forcing myself to keep the tears brimming in my eyes from falling with almost every entry so far. I really feel everyone's loss.
  18. A first love story grounded in realism. I think @Comicality would be proud.
      • 3
      • Love
  19. Before I forget, I have to say that after @Myr's letter, reading that first paragraph brought a smile to my face. While I'm glad the two were finally honest with one another and that their feelings were mutual, it's bittersweet that they drew apart over the years. I enjoyed reading from start to finish, tbough.
  20. Don't read in public if you don't want to become a blubbering mess or, in my case, an internal blubbering mess while looking like a stiff, constipated fellow. Just beautifully heartfelt.
      • 5
      • Love
  21. I have never struggled so hard to not let tears fall while in public transportation in my life. This was such a beautiful, heartfelt letter. My heart goes out to you and to everyone missing @Comicality's presence.
  22. I finished this story feeling a good few things. It's a testament to how invested you become in the wellbeing of these characters. Great foreshadowing, and definitely a story you'd want to read more than once
      • 5
      • Love
  23. BendtedWreath

    The Answer

    Reading Ian's poem after Shawn's story hit me deep. I'm glad they sorted things out. This was such a good read.
  24. While I can't verify whether or not I will have an entry completed in time, I can confirm that I will be following along this season's SA event. I've been eagerly anticipating the next round! Best of luck to everyone, and happy writing. I can hardly wait to see what the different interpretations of "Reveal the Truth" will be! This event is one of my favorites, as it was my first introduction to this forum. If you haven't read the discussion thread of this event before, I implore everyone to keep an eye out when it goes live!! We all become as lively as kids during recess when we start making guesses. It’s a highly recommended distraction! 🤣 So, please, join us, even if you don't manage to enter something in time!
  25. I look forward to reading all of these heartfelt entries.
×
×
  • Create New...