Jump to content

Ronyx

Classic Author
  • Posts

    1,898
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ronyx

  1. “Ladies and Gentlemen. We are now descending and will arrive in less than five minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts. Thank you for flying with us.” It had been a long flight. I looked over at Tina and she was staring out the window. She had said hardly a half-dozen words to me during the four hour flight home. She was still upset that I hadn’t answered my phone for hours when she called to inform me of my father’s death. He had suffered a massive heart attack while mowin
  2. Thank you, Wesley, for posting this. Ryan White was a brave young man. His struggle with AIDS came at a time when most of America saw the disease as a scourge on the gay community. He became the spokesman for a disease that many showed little concern for, and his battle had a profound impact on changing attitudes concerning the AIDS epidemic. Ryan White (1971- 1990) For more information, you can go to his website: http://ryanwhite.com/
  3. A Christmas tradition for me each year is attending the ballet, The Nutcracker. My favorite number from the ballet is the Pas de Deux. Written by Tchaikovsky, it is to me one of the most moving pieces of classical music.
  4. “I wasn’t sure you’d come,” said Rodney as I walked nervously into his hotel room. “I’m not sure myself why I’m here,” I replied as I took a seat in the overstuffed chair in the corner. Actually, I did know. I needed to know if I had wasted the past twenty years following false feelings. Did Pandora’s Box exist? In my fear to open it, would I really find something inside that didn’t apply to me? Just because I had liked Joey back in high school, and then felt a desire, n
  5. Here is my favorite Christmas song. This is Libera, a group aged seven to sixteen from South London.
  6. Today is Worlds AIDS Day. World AIDS Day takes place on the 1st December each year. It’s an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV, to show support for people living with HIV, and to commemorate those who have died from an AIDS-related illness. Founded in 1988, World AIDS Day was the first ever global health day.
  7. The two boys across from me were sitting uncomfortably in their seats. Jason Thompson unconsciously reached down and grabbed Travis Armstrong’s hand and squeezed it gently. He quickly let go when he saw me look down at their intertwined hands. “It’s all right, Boys,” I assured them with a gentle smile. “Are you going to suspend us?” Travis asked with tears in his eyes. Jason placed his hand on Travis’s knee and squeezed it. “Why should you be treated any diff
  8. Jesus, how did I get into this mess? Another hotel bar in another lonely city. “Another drink, Buddy?” I look up from the empty gin glass I had been holding in my hand. “Sure,” I say bemusedly. “Why not?” “Yeah,” he says likes he’s probably said it thousands of times to thousands of empty souls, “Why not.” He reaches behind him and pulls down a half empty bottle of Beefeater. “On the rocks?” he asks. “Straight up,” I respond. He pours
  9. A sequel to Brittle as a Bird. Joey's life has changed very much since Allen's death. So too, has Gene's life. Tormented by the past, Gene has estranged himself from his family. An incident will bring him back into Joey's life. Will he once again be able to find the love he so desperately wanted years before? Can a bridge be crossed to a distant past?
  10. Ronyx

    Chapter 20

    I'll be posting the sequel to this story, A Bridge to Yesterday, after the Thanksgiving holiday. It will follow Gene and Joey's life after Allen's death.
  11. Ronyx

    Chapter 20

    “This is breathtaking!” exclaimed Allen. We were standing on the shore of Sullivan Lake. I was standing behind him, as the setting sun silhouetted his naked body. I don’t think I had ever seen anything so beautiful. I walked up, put my arms around him and caressed his soft skin. He had put on weight over the past few months, and his body was firm and lean. He looked now as I imagined him in high school. “Mmmm,” he purred as he pushed himself against my rapidly growing cock. W
  12. Ronyx

    Chapter 19

    You're absolutely right, Graeme. Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.
  13. Ronyx

    Chapter 19

    “When did you realize you were straight?” Ticker and I were sitting in his room late one night. I had spent the day thinking about Allen, Gene and myself. “That’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever asked me,” replied Ticker. I rolled over on my side and faced him. He was in his bed reading a sports magazine. “That’s my point,” I said. “Why can straight people just accept the fact they are straight, but as soon as a gay person realizes that they are gay, then th
  14. Ronyx

    Chapter 18

    I didn’t see Gene for several days. I was beginning to wonder if he had changed schools. With his family’s money, he could have easily enrolled in a private school. Star said she went over to his house several times, but he was always in his room. His mother would avoid any questions she asked. When I did see him, he was walking down the hall talking to a member of the football team. He didn’t look as dejected as he had the last time he was at school. Our eyes met on one occasion, bu
  15. Ronyx

    Chapter 17

    Thank you, droughtquake, for the valuable information. I think today people because we don't hear about HIV/AIDS like we did several years ago are under the impression that the infection is no longer around. According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control): New HIV Diagnoses in the United States for the Most-Affected Subpopulations, 2015. Today, an estimated 1.1 million people are living with HIV in the United States
  16. Ronyx

    Chapter 17

    I called Star, and we picked her up on the way to see Gene. Allen decided that it would be best if he didn’t go. Mrs. Albright was frantic. I buckled my seat and gripped the door handle tightly. Fortunately, we didn’t pass any police. Billy Joe was standing by the barn when we arrived. He motioned for us to park the car and join him. “Where’s my son?” Mrs. Albright yelled. “He parked his car in the barn,” he informed us. “He’s sitting in it, and he won’t com
  17. Ronyx

    Chapter 16

    I’m at the lake. Figures, huh? I got up early and headed out before Ticker woke up. I didn’t feel like talking to anyone. I needed some time to be by myself and try to piece things together. I looked in the mirror while I was getting dressed, and my eye is swollen and bruised. Fortunately, my eye isn’t closed shut. Ticker gave me some ice when we got home, and I applied it to my face for a while. It seems to have helped a little. I still can’t get over what happened. In h
  18. Ronyx

    Chapter 15

    “Get your ass out of bed.” Ticker pulled back the covers I had tucked tightly around my body. My leg got tangled, and I fell to the floor. He stood back and laughed. “You think that’s funny?” I reached out and grabbed his leg, pulling him to the ground. I wasn’t prepared for the consequences. When he hit, the floor shook, and things started falling from his dresser. A picture on the wall crashed to the ground. I stood up and looked down at him. I grabbed my sides and star
  19. Ronyx

    Chapter 14

    Touching story, jaysalmn, and a wonderful memory. He was lucky to have such a great friend.
  20. Ronyx

    Chapter 14

    When I opened his hospital door, I was surprised to see so many people in the room. Star was the first person I noticed. She walked over and gave me a hug. I then turned to Ticker and nodded at him. Mrs. Albright rose and hugged me tightly. “I’m glad you came,” she whispered in my ear. Allen was sitting up in bed staring at me. He smiled slightly when I nodded at him. I walked over to the bed and pulled him into a gentle hug. “How are you feeling?” I asked after pulling a
  21. Ronyx

    Chapter 13

    Ticker and Star were sitting in the living room waiting for me to get home. Both gave me a cold stare when I walked in. I gave them a ‘don’t fuck with me’ look, and then I headed up to Ticker’s room. As soon as I lay down on the cot, Star came barging in. She stood in front of me with her arms crossed. “What the hell is going on with you?” I buried my head in the pillow. I wasn’t ready for another confrontation. I just wanted to be left alone. Star grabbed my
  22. Ronyx

    Chapter 12

    “I asked, what are you doing here?” This time Gene’s words sounded harsher. I guess the last person he expected to see in his house with just a towel wrapped around his waist was me. “Your mother asked me stay,” I managed to stammer. Both of us were staring at the other. I became embarrassed when I realized his eyes were wandering up and down my body. He lifted his eyes and met mine. “Why?” “Allen got hurt tonight,” I informed him, “and I was at the hospital
  23. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    Mrs. Wendelmeier handed me the phone, and I went into the living room to answer it. My hands were shaking as I held the phone to my mouth. “Hello?” “Joey,” cried Star. “Can you get over here to Allen’s place right away?” “What’s wrong?” I could tell by the tone of her voice that something bad had happened. “He’s fallen down the stairs,” she said. “I can’t get him up.” “You should call an ambulance.” As fragile as he was, a serious fall could seriou
  24. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    Damn. Here we go again. Another step forward and three steps back. Things had been going pretty well since I’d left the hospital. I was back at Ticker’s house, so I had a safe place to stay. I hadn’t had a drink since my arrest, and I had only smoked a few times with Ticker. I had gone back to school, and except for the incidences with Gene and Barry, most students had paid very little attention to me. I hadn’t missed too much work, and those assignments I had missed, the teachers ha
×
×
  • Create New...