-
Posts
1,898 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Ronyx
-
A witty and entertaining story of a high school sophomore, Reggie Ferguson, who is assigned by his creative writing teacher to maintain a weekly journal for sixteen weeks. Follow along as he begins to understand himself better through his weekly entries.
-
Just when I think I can’t love Perry any more than I do, he goes and makes me love him even more and that isn’t possible. It’s almost 5 Saturday, so I can’t write for long because I have to leave for the crisis center soon. Okay. Here’s what happened. I was writing an outline for what I’m going to write to finish up this journal for Friday. Mr. Byrd wrote on the board our last prompt, only it wasn’t a prompt. Usually we don’t have to answer it, and I don’t think I’ve answered it in weeks. Anyway
- 19 comments
-
- 40
-
-
-
It’s Friday and I’m in Ms. Neuman’s 6th period. She gave us a test which I finished in about 20 minutes, so I’m going to write a little as everyone else finishes. She’ll probably give us the rest of the period free since it’s Friday and the last period of the day. The only problem is, she’ll give us more homework to do for the weekend. Anyway, something really weird happened first period. After Mr. Byrd checked our journals, he gave us a writing assignment. As I started working on it, he came ov
- 3 comments
-
- 28
-
-
-
It’s Wednesday night and I want to write a little because with it being Thanksgiving weekend I might not have much time. Mom makes a big deal out of it. She invites my grandmother and a few other relatives over. Most of them are old so it’s not much fun for me. I usually go to my room after we eat. Last year was really embarrassing because she had me come downstairs and read a poem I wrote for my literature class. It was something about peace, and the teacher had given me an A+ and wrote in red
- 4 comments
-
- 29
-
-
-
-
It’s Friday night and I’m going to bed soon, but I wanted to write some things down first. It’s going to be a busy week, so I might as well get some of it out of the way early so I won’t have to do it all Thursday night. What’s really weird is when I started keeping this thing, I couldn’t think of enough things to write about. Now I could probably write a book in one week. My life is really changing and that’s a good thing- I guess. I’ve met Perry, and that is definitely a good
- 6 comments
-
- 29
-
-
-
-
It’s Friday morning, and I’m sitting in Mrs. Reynold’s geometry class. We have a substitute, and she’ll probably be here for a week or more. She told us Mrs. Reynold’s sister died. I guess she lived in California and Mrs. Reynold’s and her family are flying there for the funeral. We felt really bad when Ms. Cooperfield told us. Beverly said she was going to Hallmark after school and get a big card for our class to sign Monday. So right now everyone is kind of sitting all sad looking and doing th
- 7 comments
-
- 30
-
-
-
-
It’s Friday night and I’m relaxing. When I got home from school, I immediately changed my clothes, went to the garage and got out the rake. I spent the next two hours raking leaves. I should have worn gloves because I have a big blister on my left hand. At least it’s not my right hand because that’s the... never mind. I’m glad I caught myself before I wrote what I was going to write. I’m still trying to talk Dad into helping me buy a car. I showed him the bank card my grandmother gave me, but he
- 4 comments
-
- 31
-
-
-
-
I had to google it, but yes, Rndmrunner, catastrophizing is a word, and it is appropriate to Reggie's dilemma. Catastrophizing is an irrational thought a lot of us have in believing that something is far worse than it actually is.
-
Happy Birthday Puppilull Hope you had a wonderful day.
-
Okay, it’s Sunday afternoon, my birthday. I have so much to write about I don’t even begin to know where to begin. Okay, yes I do. I have to talk about Perry first because it’s the only thing I can think of right now and if I don’t talk about him I’ll be waiting until I do. OMG, I’m so excited! He was at the Halloween party last night! He’s even cuter up close than he is on the bus when I sit several seats behind him and stare at the back of his head. I know that sounds kind of pathetic. Anyway,
- 5 comments
-
- 30
-
-
-
-
It’s Saturday morning and I’m lying across my bed trying to get some sleep before I have to go to the crisis center. I can’t sleep, though. I’ve closed my eyes about a hundred times, but I can’t relax. Besides worrying about what I have to do tonight, another major problem popped up yesterday. For most teenagers, it would be a really big event, but for me it’s going to be a disaster, I just know it. Okay. My 16th birthday is next Saturday. Normally, Mom bakes me a cake, usually cho
- 6 comments
-
- 32
-
-
-
-
-
Thank you, droughtquake, for your comments concerning suicide. I would also like to recommend The Trevor Project and the important resources they provide.
-
It’s Friday and I’m in 1st period. Mr. Byrd just checked our journals and then gave us a busy work assignment. We recognize those immediately. They’re usually a handout with a puzzle or some kind of brain teasers. They don’t really count for anything. Teachers use them when they don’t feel like teaching. He gave us a crossword puzzle on synonyms and antonyms. It was 3rd grade work, but no one complained. Most of us did it in about 10 minutes, so everyone is working on other class work. I decided
- 6 comments
-
- 32
-
-
-
-
-
Okay, I just got in from school. This has been a wild day. You have to understand something, the class I’m in, we NEVER get into any trouble. The teacher can leave the room for the entire period and we’ll sit quietly and do the work. I mean, we NEVER get into any trouble. So when Abe called Sarah the ‘B’ word yesterday, it was like a major event. It’s the first time anyone in our class has gotten into any trouble since about the third grade when Kyle threw a snowball at Jennifer while we were at
- 5 comments
-
- 33
-
-
-
-
The article said it would be at the Observatory- North Park in San Diego. It is an independent film that I believe is being shown only in independent theaters for a limited engagement. When I attended, it was for only one showing, and the theater was sold out. It was being shown to kick off our Pride weekend here.
-
I attended a one-night showing of Handsome Devil last night. It takes place in an all-male boarding school in Ireland. San Diego Gay and Lesbian News calls it the gay feel-good movie of the year. If it comes to a theater in your area, I would highly recommend it. http://sdgln.com/entertainment/2017/05/30/handsome-devil-gay-feel-good-movie-year https://teaser-trailer.com/movie/handsome-devil/
-
I’m back. It’s Thursday night. I was going to write some last night, but I was really, really tired and went to bed almost as soon as dinner was over. Eating dinner with my parents was tense. Not for them, me. When I went downstairs, they were already at the table waiting for me to join them. Mom had fried some chicken and two pieces were on my plate. She had also made mashed potatoes and green beans. She usually doesn’t fix meals like that unless it’s Sunday night. Anyway, I sit down and start
- 4 comments
-
- 30
-
-
-
-
Mr. Byrd is out today, so he didn’t check our journals. The sub came around and made sure we completed it, but she really didn’t look at anything but the last page where we put how many words our entry contains. I think she noticed my big letters because she kind of smiled when she scanned mine. She told us to complete an assignment we started yesterday, but since I finished it last night I’m going to do some writing. I know I wrote some on the bus, but this is a new entry. Maybe I won’t have to
- 7 comments
-
- 33
-
-
-
-
You're absolutely right, Graeme. I knew that NHS members had to perform community service, and I should have researched it better. After a quick google search, it seems that it varies depending on the school district. Some require 36 hours to a high of 60 hours. So, I've made it more realistic with 60 hours. Thanks for pointing it out. Also, as you have mentioned a few times, I made the journal requirement 5000 words to force Reggie to expand his thought process. (It also forced me too as I wrote this. )
-
It’s Saturday morning and I’m waiting for Cory to come by. He asked me after 4th period yesterday if I wanted to go with him, James and Elizabeth to the mall. He’s already 16 and he says his mother lets him borrow her car sometimes. Anyway, the mall is having some kind of a sidewalk sale and they wanted to go to see if they could find some clothes for school. Cory wanted to try and find a new pair of basketball shoes. I don’t know why, though. He doesn’t participate in any team sports for our sc
- 7 comments
-
- 29
-
-
-
-
You're probably right about the statistics. I'm not saying that straight men in general enjoy gay literature. I have over the years, though, heard from a few men who claimed to be straight who read one of my stories and took the time to comment on it. You are also correct about straight women reading gay fiction. Many have written me, and we have become good friends.
-
I don't think, droughtquake, that we can assume that all visitors to GA are LGBT. I've found that straight people enjoy reading gay literature because of the quality of the writing they find here and on other sites. So, Mr. Byrd being an English teacher, might be impressed with many of the stories on GA.
-
I think I’m going to throw up. I grabbed my journal as soon as I came into Mrs. Reynolds geometry class. She’s calling students to the board to demonstrate homework problems, but this can’t wait. I hope she doesn’t call on me while I write this. Mr. Byrd knows I’m gay. I was going to white out those big bold words I wrote repeatedly about being gay, but I forgot. When he stood beside me and I started turning the pages of my journal, I froze when I came to the 6th page and saw the
- 8 comments
-
- 36
-
-
-
-
I hate creative writing. I mean I really, really, really hate it. Like I hate it to the 18th power. School just started yesterday, and I already hate it. The first day went well. I liked all my classes. I’m a sophomore this year, so I took all the easy classes last year. I was looking forward to being challenged, but a journal? That’s right. Mr. Byrd is going to make us keep a journal until after Christmas vacation! It’s the first week of September! That’s four months! God, I hat
- 10 comments
-
- 35
-
-
-
