Jump to content

Ronyx

Classic Author
  • Posts

    1,897
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ronyx

  1. Ronyx

    Chapter 8

    Thanks, Robert. I guess that at various times in our lives we have to go through psychological wrestling. In my late teens and 20's I think I won a championship belt. LOL. Ron
  2. Ronyx

    Chapter 8

    Love it, Robert. Bobby did look like a Mormon missionary. We used to have them all the time in our old neighborhood. Couldn't miss the white shirt, tie and black pants in the summer when the weather was hot.
  3. Ronyx

    Chapter 8

    Lisa, the transgendered bathroom issue has become a hot button issue for this election year. As droughtquake mentions above, states with Republican legislatures are passing some horrible legislation discriminating against transgendered people. Fortunately, there is a strong backlash by the corporate world and sports industry. Indiana backed down last year. Now North Carolina, Georgia and Mississippi will feel the impact of it. Ron
  4. Ronyx

    Chapter 8

    Dear God, I don’t even know where to begin. When Jesus hung on the cross, he shouted out to You, “Why have you forsaken me?” I’m feeling like that right now. I don’t know what to do, and I’m not getting any answers. Last week, my life was going along without any complications. I guess that’s not an accurate statement. I had a lot of internal problems, but I was handling them, at least I think I was. Then, it seemed like a flood began to sweep into my life, and now I’m drowning and there is no o
  5. Ronyx

    Chapter 17

    Don't forget the fried rice, jaysalmn.
  6. Ronyx

    Chapter 17

    Do you think for a minute, droughtquake, that Casey would be even slightly interested in someone who wasn't fond of Lane?
  7. Ronyx

    Chapter 17

    Thanks, Everyone. I'll just respond once about Casey and Shade. They may have been dancing around, but wait until the tango begins! I'm glad everyone is supportive of their relationship.
  8. Coach Wentworth and I joked about me playing baseball. He still thought I was athletic, but I told him I usually fall asleep watching sports on ESPN. As we drove, I asked him, “What is wrong with Curtis?” He gave me a puzzled look and asked, “What do you mean?” “I don’t know,” I replied. “It’s like he’s hated me since I came here.” Coach thought a minute and then said, “I’m not sure he hates you as much as he’s threatened by you.” “Threatened by me?” “You see, Casey,” he replied. “Curtis is
  9. Ronyx

    Chapter 16

    Thanks, Robert. I'm glad you're enjoying the story so much. Ron
  10. Ronyx

    Chapter 16

    I hope that pedestal isn't too high, Jaysalmn. I get vertigo easily. haha. Also, sometimes love is at first sight. Other times it takes a two by four. Thanks. Ron
  11. Ronyx

    Chapter 16

    Hi droughtquake. Things can go on like this if everyone looks the other way as long as the team is winning. Maybe not as much at the high school level, but look at how many college programs have created easy (and in some cases nonexistent) classes just for their athletes. Some are now under investigation for academic fraud. Ron
  12. Ronyx

    Chapter 16

    Puppilull, I think Coach Wentworth is more concerned with being their friend, than being respected as a teacher. Young teachers often make that mistake. Ron
  13. Ronyx

    Chapter 16

    I think, Timothy, that all of us have sat in a class with a wonderful, caring teacher or professor who just couldn't master the art of teaching. Ron
  14. Karen was disappointed when Lane and I didn’t eat much of the meat loaf she had prepared for dinner. However, she found it amusing when Lane told her about the apple pie and ice cream he had devoured at the diner. “Mrs. Shade sounds like a wonderful mother,” she said after Lane finished telling her how good the pie was. “She’s not as good as you, Mommy,” replied Lane. He then gave her an impish grin and added, “But she may be if you don’t give me apple pie and ice cream.” Karen laughed and sa
  15. Ronyx

    Chapter 7

    He's entitled, droughtquake, from his viewpoint. Ron
  16. Ronyx

    Chapter 7

    It is sad, Puppilull. Bobby is only a fictional character. I don't even want to think how many real Bobbys there are. Ron
  17. Ronyx

    Chapter 7

    Unfortunately, Lisa, there are too many despicable people who hide behind the Bible. Ron
  18. Ronyx

    Chapter 7

    Thanks, Robert
  19. Ronyx

    Chapter 7

    My father was standing to the side of Mrs. Edwards’s desk. He was reading a paper that he was holding in his hand. Mrs. Edwards rushed over and snatched the paper and placed it back inside a folder. “You shouldn’t be reading this,” she admonished him. He glared at me and asked, “Why didn’t you tell me you were doing poorly in chemistry?” I hung my head and responded timidly, “I don’t know.” I may have appeared embarrassed outwardly, but inside I was feeling subdued rage. I was angry that my f
  20. Ronyx

    Chapter 15

    Let me see, Oxala. Three wows. Wow!! Thanks, Ron
  21. Ronyx

    Chapter 15

    Thanks, Skinnydragon. Growing up in a poor family, I think that I too would have been intimidated by a handsome and rich boy like Casey. Too bad I didn't get the chance. LOL. Ron
  22. Ronyx

    Chapter 15

    All Lane needed, droughtquake, was a little water of love to make him grow. Ron
  23. Ronyx

    Chapter 15

    What a beautiful review, Stephen.
  24. Ronyx

    Chapter 15

    Ummm. You are talking about Curtis, a Neanderthal. Not sure he would even know what coexist is. Ron
  25. Ronyx

    Chapter 15

    Hey Puppilull. Do kids still sing that crazy song?
×
×
  • Create New...