Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 502 Words
  • 1,870 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aditus' prompts and circumstances - 33. Cherry Pie Short

This 'scene' is written as part of the 'Pick Two' Newsletter game. My words were 'cap' and 'gown', kindly provided by Defiance19.

Logan opened the front door and found a cap. He stared, shocked, but then remembered the matching gown lying on the bedroom floor, and he couldn’t suppress a grin. He snatched up the discriminating thing before anyone else could spot it.

In the kitchen, he dropped the cap on the table. “I found this outside.” He watched Charles as he turned around from the stove, fat dripping from the spatula in his hand.

“You found wha—Oh my God! Do you think anybody saw it?”

Logan shrugged. “Sure. If one of your neighbors came by this morning, or the lady across the street got out her binoculars... Why?” He narrowed his eyes at the older man. “Are you afraid they’ll come to the right conclusion?” He grabbed the cap and thrust it into the other man’s furry chest. “That you’re fucking a student?” That came out more aggressive than he had intended. Or maybe not.

“I’m not fucking a student!”

“Well, technically not, since I graduated yesterday. But there will be questions: ‘Did they have an affair while he was still his teacher?’ or ‘Is that why he repeatedly made the dean’s list?’ or—” Logan threw the cap on the kitchen counter in disgust. “Keep it as a souvenir.” He went for the door. “Your eggs are burning.”

Logan had almost reached the bedroom, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. “I’m sorry, baby.”

“Yeah, me too!” Logan’s sarcastic tone made it clear that he didn’t mean his running out from the kitchen. He quickly collected the socks he had spotted under the bed, fished out his boxers from between the sheets, and stuffed everything into the pockets of his black dress pants. Then he slipped his naked feet into his shoes, wincing slightly when they pressed down on his blisters, and buttoned up his shirt while searching for his coat. He found it on the floor, half on top of his gown. Grabbing both, he shrugged on the jacket, balled together the gown, and made his way to the front door.

All the while Charles was watching him with wide eyes.

Logan’s hand reached for the door handle, when Charles finally became alive. “Logan! Wait! Baby!”

“What?” Logan didn’t turn around. He didn’t want to see the other man’s apologetic face. Nor did he want to hear the brush off. It was the thin thread of hope that made him stop.

Strong arms wrapped around him from behind, while warm breath whispered over his ear. “I love you.” Logan didn’t move forward, but he didn’t turn around either. It just wasn’t enough. “It was a stupid knee-jerk reaction.”

“You mean a stupid jerk’s reaction worth to be kneed where it hurts most?”

“Umm...” Charles nuzzled his face into the crook between Logan’s neck and shoulder. “I need to get used to the fact I can finally have you. I watched you from afar for so long, always being afraid someone would find out how I felt. I…You…”

Thank you to Val and Lisa. I could make this a full length short story...
©Copyright 2013 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oooh. Teacher and student. Very naughty.

 

Well Adi, for once I get to say this to another writer ... and I'm going to paraphrase. ... Please, sir, can I have more? Naturally, I mean of this story. Lol.

 

Interesting start, but, damn I want more.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Hi Adi, a very sensitive piece, showing the difficult and different emotions of the two so well. Great! I look forward for a sequel. Lyssa

Link to comment

Ooh, student teacher intrigue. Lots of graduation ceremonies going on in the greater Boston area—a story like this seems quite fitting at this time of year. I wonder if any cap snafus happened around here?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I want to know about the blisters. It was odd you had those, which makes me wonder what significance they are to the storyline. Great flash piece, with a lot of drama included in a short scene.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Aditus

Posted (edited)

On 4.6.2017 at 7:36 AM, comicfan said:

Oooh. Teacher and student. Very naughty.

 

Well Adi, for once I get to say this to another writer ... and I'm going to paraphrase. ... Please, sir, can I have more? Naturally, I mean of this story. Lol.

 

Interesting start, but, damn I want more.

Thank you, Wayne! There's more I promise. :) 

 

Edited by aditus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4.6.2017 at 11:39 AM, Lyssa said:

Hi Adi, a very sensitive piece, showing the difficult and different emotions of the two so well. Great! I look forward for a sequel. Lyssa

Thank you, Lyssa! That's how I like to write: lots of emotions to wrestle with. I'm glad you liked it!

 

On 4.6.2017 at 1:24 PM, Mikiesboy said:

This was very nice Adi... i'd like to see the finished short.  

Thank you, tim! I'm on it! I hope I'll get it done this week. 

 

On 4.6.2017 at 4:52 PM, BHopper2 said:

WOW! Didn't expect that, and it turned out great!

Thank you!

On 4.6.2017 at 4:52 PM, Valkyrie said:

Yes!  Please continue! :D  

You already know more...but still not everything! :)

 

23 hours ago, Ron said:

Ooh, student teacher intrigue. Lots of graduation ceremonies going on in the greater Boston area—a story like this seems quite fitting at this time of year. I wonder if any cap snafus happened around here?

We have to thank Def for the fitting words for this time of the year. Let the imagination take over--a lot can happen. Thank you for the comment, Ron!

 

19 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Great Adi! Loved it.. Would also love to see a full length story too. :) 

Thank you, Def! Nice and easy words...

 

18 hours ago, Cia said:

I want to know about the blisters. It was odd you had those, which makes me wonder what significance they are to the storyline. Great flash piece, with a lot of drama included in a short scene.

Graduation ceremony---new shoes---standing and walking around for hours--->blisters Thank you, Cia! 

 

16 hours ago, ghanbrews said:

Woa, you told so much with so little! I'd love to see more of this too :D

I still didn't get to pack everything I wanted into this. It was a great challenge. Thank you, ghanbrews!

 

16 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Well, aditus, I'm joining the Hungry Birds to cheep for more of this story! :D 

I guess I have to hurry then, huh? :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The blisters were a great detail. Blisters on his feet and on his heart. But the 'jerk' may be forgiven after a bit of grovelling and sweet-talking, lol. :yes: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

The blisters were a great detail. Blisters on his feet and on his heart. But the 'jerk' may be forgiven after a bit of grovelling and sweet-talking, lol. :yes: 

That must have been my subconscious mind suggesting the blisters...thank you, Timothy!  Lots of grovelling...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Tricky situation. The heart knows what it wants, but it's a terrible idea... It would be interesting to hear their story. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

Tricky situation. The heart knows what it wants, but it's a terrible idea... It would be interesting to hear their story. 

Thank you, Puppi. I have to mention the cherry pie somewhere, so there will be a longer version.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..