Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 3,396 Words
  • 5,630 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Holly and the Ivy - 3. Flare of Power

The Holly and the Ivy

Chapter Three

I read the letter again, and then again, carefully folding it each time before putting it back in its envelope, only to pull it out and read it once more. This is crazy! Did they really expect me to believe this? I was to be the future mate…husband…consort…equal to a king of an alien race living among us for centuries? Impossible. I must have hit my head harder than I thought. It was my grandmother's handwriting. A bad joke? A hoax? Hallucination? She had always made me talk to Diarmad after Christmas Mass.

And here he was, in bed beside me with his eyes closed. I could feel the warmth radiating off his body next to mine. It was obvious he was suffering from... an illness of sorts. Could it be him missing his mate? Withering away… Because he had been waiting for me? I had felt some kind of connection with him, so maybe…. Definitely not!

Too many thoughts - pros and cons - were racing through my head. I felt torn. They wouldn’t make a joke, would they? Nana died four months ago. Would they be this cruel? I watched him. He was leaning calmly against the headboard. Nothing suggested he was laughing at me. This is unreal.

***

I had been waiting in the street in front of my friend Laurel’s house, with only a small, pink towel slung around my hips. I could still hear the music blaring in the background from the party. Some of my so-called friends had found it funny to throw me in the pool fully clothed and I had called Nana to come by and pick me up. I’d had enough and wanted to go home. I could have asked one of my brothers, but hadn’t been in the mood for their ripping.

I should have called them anyway. It’s all my fault.

Nana standing beside her car winking at me was the last happy image I had of her. Seconds later, a drunken driver swerved to our side of the road and crashed into her car head-on. If she hadn’t pushed me out of the way, I would have died that night with her.

The huge SUV… simply crushed her between the two cars right before my eyes. The picture will be etched into my mind forever - she just vanished behind that big car out of my life - or the eyes of the driver which burnt holes into me, before he scrambled out of the wreck and disappeared into the night.

***

Realization struck me. I turned to Diarmad in shock. “The car crash my grandmother died in wasn’t an accident, was it?”

If he was wondering where my thoughts had gone, he didn't show it. Instead he took the envelope out of my hand – which I was about to shred into pieces - and laced our fingers together. “No it was not. Our sources told us to expect an assassination attempt, so everyone was on maximum alert. We had people with you all the time, plus either your grandmother or…Landyn.”

“Landyn?” Why Landyn?

“Landyn is my head of security. His job is to supervise the men, but this was too serious a threat, so he insisted on protecting you personally.”

Landyn, the funny guy I met at Paolo's, who'd helped me out those first days, prevented me from burning the pizza to coal, showed me everything, didn't do this because he liked me, wanted to be my friend... Because I was his charge?

It might be stupid but at that moment, I felt utterly betrayed. I had practically latched onto Landyn after my grandmother’s death and he was just doing his job. How many more lies would I find?

Diarmad didn't seem to notice the turmoil I was in. "This is one of the reasons why Simon has a grudge against you.”

Simon. At least somebody was being honest. “I’d already asked myself what his problem is with me. There is more to this, though?”

“Yes.” He rubbed his neck.

“Hmm…" And then everything fell into place. "Simon is Landyn’s mate.”

“Yes, and he was very relieved when Landyn finally became head of security and no longer had to place himself in direct danger all the time.”

I suddenly understood. "Landyn was my bodyguard. It could just as well have been him dying instead of Nana." I still didn't get their priorities. "Why didn't he protect you? Why me?”

Diarmad smiled wearily, then waved his hand up and down his body. “Given the state I’m in, I can’t do much anyway, so I remained in hiding with some of Landyn’s best men by my side. Protecting you was much more complex, and time-consuming. You were out in the open. We couldn’t take you out of school, nor could we restrict your movement without telling you the reason for it. You had to go to practice and music lessons, visit your friends…”

“You should have told me! Lives were at stake!” How could he be so reckless, my voice grew even louder. “Why risk your men, my grandmother? All because of some fucking date?” I never understood why something written on paper could overrule common sense.

His lips thinned and his voice got serious. “It was not the time yet. I am not above our laws, Noël. I cannot ignore them just because I am the king and you are my…intended mate. I had to wait for your eighteenth birthday like any other Seraei. In special circumstances, we can approach our intended mates earlier, but not by much. My enemies were only waiting for me to do something to break the law. Sometimes I had the feeling they tried to provoke just that by endangering you. Then they could say I am not a worthy king because I think myself above our law. I was still prepared to do it, face the consequences to protect you, but your grandmother explicitly forbade me to tell you before it was the right time. As your guardian, she had the right. She knew it was getting more and more dangerous for you; she knew the risk for herself, as did my men. Eleanora was an extraordinary woman… and a very good friend of mine. I miss her dearly, Noël, very much so, but I had to respect her wishes. She was a proud member of the Order and obeyed their codex."

I still couldn’t fully understand why they hadn't just told me. They have a codex?

“This Order… what is it, what exactly is their purpose?”

He seemed relieved I changed the topic and answered my question without hesitation. “The members of the Order are humans who have a special aptitude; they sense when joined souls are about to be born and to whom. They can also help locating mates of the Ancients and often act as their protectors until they come of age. Every one of them is a trained fighter, ready to protect his or her charge with their own life.”

Nana was a trained fighter? “How can they do this?”

He shrugged. “We don’t know. This has never happened on any other planet the Seraei lived on. Maybe some of my people were here before without our knowledge, mixed with humans, but most of the genes got lost. These are only vague theories though. To be honest, we don’t know.”

“How many of you live here, on Earth?”

He glanced warily at me. Did he not trust me enough to answer my question? But then he said, “There are about two thousand without our mates.”

“That’s not as many as I expected. And you’re their…” I almost couldn’t say it, “King?”

“Yes.”

“And I am your… intended… your mate?” Saying it loud for the first time made me realize once more the enormity of the whole situation. Was I starting to accept it? No! No, I don't. I just want to know... hear it again.

“Eleanora gave me the letter to read, so I know she told you a Seraei mating doesn’t happen without love,” he stated matter-of-factly.

“But without me you’ll die.” How could he act so cool about his possible death?

“Not necessarily, no. I can always find another mate…”

Ahhh no. “Don’t lie to me! You’ve had to wait too long already. Look at yourself. I figure you’ve been getting weaker for quite a while now, right? There wouldn’t be enough time left for you to wait until I die and the two souls in me can join with another suitable third, if there even is any other, that is.” I looked directly into his eyes, daring him to say otherwise.

He didn’t. Sighing, he admitted, “You’re right. But the joining ritual can only be consummated if we connect, if we love each other. Therefore, if it doesn’t work out between us, you’re not responsible for the consequences. Love can’t be forced after all.”

It was then that my stomach decided it was time to ease the situation and remind me I hadn’t eaten anything since lunch the day before. It growled so loudly I thought they would hear it in the hallway.

Diarmad smiled. “Dinner should be ready any minute now. And because it’s Thanksgiving, which means turkey with all the bells and whistles, we should be able to satisfy even that roaring beast obviously living inside of you.”

As fast as it had appeared, his smile vanished. He asked me quietly, “Could you please call Ronan for me to help me up and into the dining room?”

I could see how much it was bothering him to be dependent on others for the simplest things like getting up from the bed. Without thinking, I blurted out, “I can do that. There is no need to call Ronan, I’ll help you.”

“No Noël, I’d have to lean on you…I cannot walk alone, I am too…weak.”

He hated admitting weakness, spitting out the word angrily because he couldn't hide it. I could feel his pain almost physically. “And…?”

“You are injured. You probably have a concussion and I am not exactly a lightweight, even now.”

Despite his protests, I had the feeling he would prefer me helping him more than Ronan, so I shrugged. “That won’t be a problem. I told you I heal unusually quickly. I’m already feeling as good as new. Come on, let’s try this.”

I got up and walked around the bed. After a slight hesitation he scooted carefully forward, slowly swinging his legs around, so that he could sit on the edge of the bed, feet planted on the floor. I leaned down, he got his arms around my neck, and together we managed to get him into a standing position. With his right arm still around my shoulders and my left arm around his hips, we slowly made our way to the door.

Ronan had obviously been close the whole time, because as soon as we left the room, he stood in front of us, ready to take over from me. I don’t know why, but I didn’t want him touching Diarmad and somehow I must have communicated this clearly, because an awkward moment later he simply bowed and went away.

Pleased with myself, I stood and watched him retreating, before I remembered we had been on our way to the dining room.

Landyn looked up from dicing fruits when we walked by the kitchen and his face lit up. “Dinner will be ready in about half an hour, Sire. Noël.”

Simon was stirring in a pan. He scowled as soon as he noticed my arm around Diarmad’s waist. Diarmad of course didn’t overlook this. “Is there a problem Simon?”

He at least had the decency to look embarrassed. “No problem, Sire.”

“You’re sure?”

“Positive, Sire.”

"Good."

We walked over to the two large dark blue couches facing each other in the living room. I carefully lowered Diarmad down on the one opposite the fireplace. “Can I bring you something?”

“Yes, a glass of orange juice would be nice.” He smiled thankfully at me.

In the kitchen, I opened cupboard after cupboard in search of a glass, when Landyn said something strange. “So Luis has already awoken?”

I stopped with a glass in my hand, trying to remember where I had heard the name before, but couldn’t place it. “Huh? Who’s Luis?”

It became clear he’d made a mistake when Landyn began to stammer, “Um… Luis was the King's first mate. He was the Servant.”

“The Servant?” I remembered I had read about the Servant in Nana's letter.

“Shit! Nobody explained… I mean… I… Shit! I’m sorry, I… Shit.” Landyn raked his fingers through his hair until the blue-black strands came off the leather band holding his short ponytail.

I knew it wasn’t right, but I couldn't let it go, it was just too good an opportunity. “That's a lot of shit. What exactly should they have explained to me?”

“Me and my big mouth… Okay… you’re probably not going to ignore what I just said, no?” His steel blue eyes were pleading with me, a look I was sure I would not see very often with him.

Too good an opportunity... I grinned. “No.” Leaning against the kitchen counter, I crossed my arms against my chest and waited.

“I thought not.” His hand pulled repeatedly at his ponytail. “Sire’s final mate has to bear three souls… the Servant's, the Brother's, and his own. You’ll have to ask the King for more; it’s not my place to tell you any of this. Shit!”

I knew this already and it wasn't what had annoyed me. “So, what you’re saying is, when I want to help and support others, getting them something to drink, opening doors and such, it’s not really me but… Luis? It’s the Servant’s soul in me… us… that makes me do it?”

“And the supporting and being loyal would be the soul of the Brother…Tristan’s part… his second mate, yes.”

“I always helped and supported people with their stuff, even before...” I waved my hand in the direction of the living room. But then it hit me. There never had been a 'before'. Since I was born, Luis and Tristan had been a part of me. If I believe in this shit, that is.

“Do you mean he…they… it was always them, who made me do this - stuff… never me?” I found this very disturbing. “So where is the line? Who’s me and who’s them?”

“I don’t know Noël…I…as far as I understand it; it doesn’t work this way. If you weren’t helpful and supportive before… you couldn’t become it… even with their help. So of course, it’s you. But this is far more complicated. You have to talk to the King about it. I shouldn’t have mentioned it in the first place.”

Still mulling over what I had just heard, I didn’t notice the dark haired woman sitting beside Diarmad on the couch, when I got back. He took the glass out of my hand and said, “Noël, this is Moira. She is my doctor and the one who looked you over after the… incident with Ronan.”

I recognized her as the woman who hadn’t been able to hold onto Diarmad when he slipped. Rising from the sofa, she examined me with cold blue eyes, before she held out her hand. “Hello Noël. I’m so glad to finally have a chance to speak with you. I want to thank you. Diarmad has already improved so much in only a few hours. It’s truly amazing. You must be much stronger than you look.” She laughed at her own joke. She was the only one. Nice. Not.

When I took her hand, something hot and burning ran through me. I found the same heat reflected in her eyes, like tiny flames, before she blinked and it was gone.

I flinched when I heard Diarmad’s hard voice. “Moira.”

“What? You’re already feeling better Diarmad, you yourself told me so.” And to me, “His soul is already acknowledging you.”

“Moira, enough! I told you I don’t want to pressure him.” He tried to stand up, but he couldn’t find the strength, and for a short moment, I thought Moira was sneering at him, but the expression faded before I could be sure.

She shrugged. “He’s here for what – twenty hours – and you’re feeling better already. You can’t keep pussyfooting around him, his feelings are irrelevant. I recommend you spend as much time as possible with him. You must be together all the time from now on, even by night, if you want to live.”

Everyone I’d met so far had treated Diarmad with utmost respect. Not her, though. I thought I could feel his body vibrating in anger, when she was looming over him, rudely invading his personal space. So without a second thought, I bent down, grabbed his arm, and hoisted him up. His voice was cold and commanding when he looked down at her. “I will not discuss these things at the moment, Moira. It would be best if you leave us now. I will call you.”

“No Diarmad, this is important. You…”

Landyn must have heard the arguing, because he suddenly stood behind Moira, grabbed her arm, and shoved her in the direction of the stairs. “I’ll show her the door, Sire. Should Simon find you another doctor?”

She ripped her arm from his hold and got right back into Diarmad's face. “You can’t do this! It was part of the agreement that we─”

A strong urge to protect him came over me and I stepped in front of Diarmad. “You better get out now. I see Ronan is getting very nervous over there. He won't tolerate your disrespectful behavior any longer, nor will Landyn or I.”

But she only sneered. “Oh look, the little mate-to-be thinks he can threaten a McGill. You don’t know what you’re up against, little one.”

I don’t recall what happened next other than I raised my hand and without even touching her, she flew back directly into Landyn, who quickly restricted her arms behind her back.

Stunned I looked at my hand. “Could somebody please tell me what just happened?”

“Tristan woke.” Ronan grinned broadly. “He was always very protective of the King. Right, Lan?”

Landyn escorted Moira out and downs the stairs, swearing all the way that I would regret what I had done.

When he came back, a petite redhead was bouncing along behind him. “Hey Ronan, look who I found all alone outside in the cold.” He winked at me and I watched in awe, as the large, lethal bodyguard became a big fluffy wuss of a bear the minute he laid eyes on his girl. If I hadn’t seen it happening, I wouldn’t have believed it.

Enveloping her in his long arms, with only her fiery red hair being visible, he sighed contently. “Hey baby. Glad you could make it.”

Dinner was a bit awkward at first, but thanks to Becca’s cheerful nature, the playful banter eventually returned. They all teased Ronan, seeing he was trying to read every wish from his mate's eyes.

When I finally leaned back in my chair, savoring the last bit of chocolaty dessert, Diarmad smiled at me. “So the ravenous beast inside of you is finally satisfied.

I patted my stomach. "For the moment, yes."

Later, when we'd returned to the living room, Landyn came in and announced, “I brought your bag to the master bedroom, Noël.”

I only nodded, but Diarmad objected immediately, “No Noël, you really don’t need to do this. Moira–”

I shook my head. I really didn't mind. “No, no, it’s okay. Everyone can see you’re doing better already. If it is because of me being near you, it’s the least I can do."

Had I thought about it some more, I might have wondered why I didn't have a problem sleeping in the same bed as Diarmad, a man I barely knew. But I had something else on my mind. Something that forced me to consider at least a part of what I had read in the letter could be true. I looked around the table. "And now could you please explain to me what I did to Moira?”

Thank you, Lisa, Zombie and Val. :hug:Discussion thread.
Copyright © 2017 aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 56
  • Love 7
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Curiouser and curiouser ... I am intrigued. My only complaint is that I do not want to wait for the next chapter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Keeps getting better. I'd have liked to see Simon's reaction to his talk to the hand move :) Simon was doubting to a degree and also resentful that his brother wasn't the third soul. But, I'd think that it would be a comfort to him to see something of his brother in Noel.
My question is, if it's thanksgiving and his birthday is on christmas...is he going to be 19? I thought it says he can't be told till 18. so, did they wait this long past his being 18 to tell him with Diarmad getting worse or did they break the rule and tell him early?
That would be quite the head trick to be told there are these other two souls in you. I think I'd really want to understand more about that too. It would lead him to feel like 'what is me?' What part is his 'third' soul. Damn, you'd feel like you have different personalities with the way it's being described. But when he said 'so when I helped people it was the servant' is that true when that soul is 'just waking.' Will Diarmad be in love with Noel's soul since he wasn't like that with the other two? Or will his fondness for him be largely attached to these two souls he must have cared for deeply being a part of him?
I wonder too, is there more to Noel b/c his grandmother was one of the order with these abilities? I assume she was his blood grandmother?
Diarmad clearly doesn't want him to have to be forced into this. It is really sweet to me. What was up with Moira? why did she seem to have such an attitude? It didn't come across as protective or even caring of Diarmad. There was something in her that didn't seem right.
I can't wait to see them get to know one another. How would the age/experience differences affect them? what would they have in common? At the same time, Diarmad would have to be an extremely interesting person.
I'm excited to read more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I am like Noel, I have so many questions about souls. Is he really 3 different souls in one body? Do the souls actually merge into one? Is it like having bipolar disorder? What is the power that Noel has that threw that doctor back? Seeing his grandmother dying in front of his eyes has to be a horrific memory. :/
I'm with Dugh ... a week is so far away!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The idea of free will and being given a choice seems more and more like only pretty words... How is Noel supposed make a choice with two other souls already firmly on the king's side influencing him?

 

At the same time, how do anyone really know why they are attracted to someone? Or fall in love? So since we are all driven by unknown forces in matters of the heart, I guess it might not be such a big difference. It will be harder for Noel to know if it's his feelings or the feelings of the other souls.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/16/2015 09:52 PM, dughlas said:

Curiouser and curiouser ... I am intrigued. My only complaint is that I do not want to wait for the next chapter.

Well...I guess I did something right then. ;) I'm glad you're intrigued, dugh. Thank you so much for reading and commenting. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/16/2015 11:39 PM, Cannd said:

Keeps getting better. I'd have liked to see Simon's reaction to his talk to the hand move :) Simon was doubting to a degree and also resentful that his brother wasn't the third soul. But, I'd think that it would be a comfort to him to see something of his brother in Noel.

My question is, if it's thanksgiving and his birthday is on christmas...is he going to be 19? I thought it says he can't be told till 18. so, did they wait this long past his being 18 to tell him with Diarmad getting worse or did they break the rule and tell him early?

That would be quite the head trick to be told there are these other two souls in you. I think I'd really want to understand more about that too. It would lead him to feel like 'what is me?' What part is his 'third' soul. Damn, you'd feel like you have different personalities with the way it's being described. But when he said 'so when I helped people it was the servant' is that true when that soul is 'just waking.' Will Diarmad be in love with Noel's soul since he wasn't like that with the other two? Or will his fondness for him be largely attached to these two souls he must have cared for deeply being a part of him?

I wonder too, is there more to Noel b/c his grandmother was one of the order with these abilities? I assume she was his blood grandmother?

Diarmad clearly doesn't want him to have to be forced into this. It is really sweet to me. What was up with Moira? why did she seem to have such an attitude? It didn't come across as protective or even caring of Diarmad. There was something in her that didn't seem right.

I can't wait to see them get to know one another. How would the age/experience differences affect them? what would they have in common? At the same time, Diarmad would have to be an extremely interesting person.

I'm excited to read more.

'In special circumstances, we can approach our intended mates earlier, but not by much. ' Thanksgiving isn't that far away from Christmas, so Diarmad was finally allowed to approach Noel. Noel will become eighteen on Christmas.

For th rest...next chapters will reveal more. ;)

I'm so happy you're this much into the story.

Thank you for your wonderful comments, Cannd. They are very much appreciated. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/17/2015 12:00 AM, LitLover said:

I am like Noel, I have so many questions about souls. Is he really 3 different souls in one body? Do the souls actually merge into one? Is it like having bipolar disorder? What is the power that Noel has that threw that doctor back? Seeing his grandmother dying in front of his eyes has to be a horrific memory. :/

I'm with Dugh ... a week is so far away!

Lol...yes many questions still, but they will be answered, I can promise this at least. We're going at Noel's pace. We get to know what he gets to know, even when it feels slow. Noel learns something new and the next question comes up.

And you're right, seeing his grandmother dying was very traumatic for him. We will learn more about this in the next chapter. ;)

Thank you so much for your comment, Lit. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/17/2015 05:06 AM, Puppilull said:

The idea of free will and being given a choice seems more and more like only pretty words... How is Noel supposed make a choice with two other souls already firmly on the king's side influencing him?

 

At the same time, how do anyone really know why they are attracted to someone? Or fall in love? So since we are all driven by unknown forces in matters of the heart, I guess it might not be such a big difference. It will be harder for Noel to know if it's his feelings or the feelings of the other souls.

Yes! You're spot on. Noel will have problems with this question... Love this: At the same time, how do anyone really know why they are attracted to someone? Or fall in love?

Thank you, Puppi!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/17/2015 11:45 AM, flamingo136 said:

I'm mesmerized .....so much info to digest......can't wait for more......:)Mike

Ha, Mike, you're right. This is much information. Makes us feel with Noel I hope? When I wrote this, more and more question came up and I had to answer them... Thank you for your review! Glad you still want more. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I read this chapter, and I'm thinking of Freud of all things. Only in relation to how our psyche is made of parts which have fixed roles, and act in accordance within those roles. Your description of the souls brought me there I guess, and I think it's like a discovery of those things in us.. Makes it that much more intriguing to me.

 

Noel already sees the difference in Diarmond, and it looks like he's drawn to him. Hard to know if that's because of the other souls. How much influence do the have over Noel's actual feelings. Do they act according to what he wants, or are his actions based on their motives.
There are so many other questions already covered, so that just leaves me wanting more...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/18/2015 05:44 AM, Defiance19 said:

I read this chapter, and I'm thinking of Freud of all things. Only in relation to how our psyche is made of parts which have fixed roles, and act in accordance within those roles. Your description of the souls brought me there I guess, and I think it's like a discovery of those things in us.. Makes it that much more intriguing to me.

 

Noel already sees the difference in Diarmond, and it looks like he's drawn to him. Hard to know if that's because of the other souls. How much influence do the have over Noel's actual feelings. Do they act according to what he wants, or are his actions based on their motives.

There are so many other questions already covered, so that just leaves me wanting more...

Thank you, Def. I think that's an intriguing question. What affects the building of a person? Are we just a mix between outer influences? If we think about those influences, knew them, would we fight them? I don't want to be affected by him, her, this? Would it be bad, if Luis and Tristan influence him? If he decides he like Diarmad, does this automatically mean it isn't by his own free will? Ha, you made me think about my own story, lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great chapter, Adi. What a dillemma, knowing that someone's life depends on you loving him or not. The question for me is -if hypothetially faced with a situation like that- would that knowledge put me off or be an incentive to try. Maybe another one of my personalities has the answer.
Intrigued and eager for what is to follow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/20/2015 07:14 AM, J.HunterDunn said:

Great chapter, Adi. What a dillemma, knowing that someone's life depends on you loving him or not. The question for me is -if hypothetially faced with a situation like that- would that knowledge put me off or be an incentive to try. Maybe another one of my personalities has the answer.

Intrigued and eager for what is to follow.

Lol, so you have at least one other personality?

Fact is, the joining of Diarmad doesn't work, if they do not love each other. Can you make yourself falling in love, so you can save someone from certain death?

Thank you, Peter! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Excellent chapter, Adi. I have a pretty good understanding now... enough to know that this is quite a dilemma for Noel. I don't see that it matters too much which soul influences what. He was born with them, so they ARE him, in essence. His decency is apparent, and as long as he thinks rationally and gets all the information, he will make the right decision for him. You can't force love, but half the battle is being open to it... well done... cheers... Gary... it's my bedtime now....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/08/2016 04:50 PM, Headstall said:

Excellent chapter, Adi. I have a pretty good understanding now... enough to know that this is quite a dilemma for Noel. I don't see that it matters too much which soul influences what. He was born with them, so they ARE him, in essence. His decency is apparent, and as long as he thinks rationally and gets all the information, he will make the right decision for him. You can't force love, but half the battle is being open to it... well done... cheers... Gary... it's my bedtime now....

Thank you, Gary. You're really making this your bedtime story, huh? Noel has a long way to go, facts to learn, but you're right, he was born with the other souls for a reason. Hope you sleep well. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Noel has much to consider and learn but is his destiny really in his control with so many other forces at work?

 

Nice, Adi

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/11/2016 02:50 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Noel has much to consider and learn but is his destiny really in his control with so many other forces at work?

 

Nice, Adi

You're right, there are many forces at work. But sometimes our own RL seems like that, don't you think? So many things out of our control, yet we have to make our stand.

Thank you for reading and reviewing, Tim! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • “Landyn is my head of security. His job is to supervise the men, but this was too serious a threat, so he insisted on protecting you personally.” - Best. Friend. EVER!
  • It might be stupid but at that moment, I felt utterly betrayed.- No, Noel, he's still your buddy! He wouldn't have pranked you earlier if you guys weren't really friends! Don't think like that. *pouts*
  • "Simon is Landyn’s mate.”- Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm happy. 
  • Nana was a trained fighter?- Best line.
  • Ronan had obviously been close the whole time, because as soon as we left the room, he stood in front of us, ready to take over from me. I don’t know why, but I didn’t want him touching Diarmad and somehow I must have communicated this clearly, because an awkward moment later he simply bowed and went away. - LMAO!
  • “I always helped and supported people with their stuff, even before...” I waved my hand in the direction of the living room. But then it hit me. There never had been a 'before'. Since I was born, Luis and Tristan had been a part of me. - Now you're getting it! So cool that he realized this so fast. I'm so glad.
     
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, Thirdly said:
  • “Landyn is my head of security. His job is to supervise the men, but this was too serious a threat, so he insisted on protecting you personally.” - Best. Friend. EVER!
  • It might be stupid but at that moment, I felt utterly betrayed.- No, Noel, he's still your buddy! He wouldn't have pranked you earlier if you guys weren't really friends! Don't think like that. *pouts*
  • "Simon is Landyn’s mate.”- Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm happy. 
  • Nana was a trained fighter?- Best line.
  • Ronan had obviously been close the whole time, because as soon as we left the room, he stood in front of us, ready to take over from me. I don’t know why, but I didn’t want him touching Diarmad and somehow I must have communicated this clearly, because an awkward moment later he simply bowed and went away. - LMAO!
  • “I always helped and supported people with their stuff, even before...” I waved my hand in the direction of the living room. But then it hit me. There never had been a 'before'. Since I was born, Luis and Tristan had been a part of me. - Now you're getting it! So cool that he realized this so fast. I'm so glad.
     

Love! Love this. Didn't think I would have this much fun today. :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

 “Is there a problem Simon?”
 I just...laughed. I sure hope not Simon, let the poor man be with his mate.

Too good an opportunity... I grinned. “No.”
and that dear Landyn is The Negotiator.


I can tell that the writing is more filled this time compared to the first time I read it. The arrangement of words are slightly different but retained the same..air, we can say that a writing shows a person`s personality and it is still as good as ever. Your writing aged like a fine whiskey 😁.

But poor Noel, I am sure he is doubting everything he did and feel quite alienated from his own self.

Hello Miora. I do not like you. 

Oh Noel, of course you do not mind. Each of your soul loved him in their own way, a love that stretch across centuries will always be special. 
I have devised a scheme. With every set of phase and work I got done. I can read a chapter as...a treat :D

Edited by SilverArdour
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..