Jump to content

A Closed Door Premium

   (1 review)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Outted at thirteen, Orin left home after high school hoping to escape the hell his life had become. When a tornado destroys his childhood home and kills his parents, Orin finds himself in an entirely new nightmare. He returns home and confronts his past in the person of his one-time best friend, Thomas. Thomas not only rejected him when Orin came out, he led the group that tormented Orin into leaving. Struggling with his grief, Orin also labors to fulfill the pledge he made to his parents before their death. In the process, Orin learns that sometimes when you go away to find yourself, you leave the answers you're looking for behind.

Staff Note: In honor of his latest release, Child of Night and Day, the 4th book in the Champion of the Gods series, Andrew_Q_Gordon has given us a contemporary short story to share with our Premium subscribers! Watch for this bonus story's chapters to come out each week on Wednesdays!
Copyright © 2017 Andrew_Q_Gordon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Classic Author
  • 06/07/2017 (Updated: 06/28/2017)
  • 4 Chapters
  • 15,778 Words
  • 10,994 Views
  • 52 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0


You must purchase Premium Content to access premium stories.

Recommended Comments

User Feedback


quokka

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A wonderful story of rejection, hurt, loss and a new start in life, with a interesting home coming end.

Thanks for writing a great story.

Q

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..