Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Trial of Jordan Colmar - 8. Epilogue

Yes, here it is, the end of the trial and by extension, it wraps up the loose ends of Second Shot which is finally complete. Enjoy and please leave a review.

Jason

Jason stared at Jordan's back. If looks could kill, his would have burned his one-time friend to a crisp. He knew what Peter was about to say, agreed with it even, but wondered if Jordan would even listen. Probably not.

He felt pressure on his hand and smiled before he turned to face Peter. It was about to be over. Almost a year to the day, Jordan was going to get what he deserved; hopefully. Mr. Hember certainly thought the judge would give Jordan a lengthy sentence.

"You okay?" Peter whispered, so low Jason needed to read his lips to understand.

Unsure his voice would cooperate, he nodded his response. There would be time to talk once they left the courthouse.

"Your Honor." The prosecutor's voice drew his attention. "Mr. Gregory would like to exercise his right to give a victim impact statement in person."

Mr. Pratner motioned for Peter to come forward. Jason gave Peter's hand a quick squeeze before letting go. It hurt to see his once self-assured boyfriend look so uncertain. This setting unnerved them both, but only Peter had to speak.

“Your Honor?” Peter appeared tentative to Jason. “Am I allowed to direct my remarks to Jordan?”

Judge Milton nodded, maybe even smiled a hair. “You may, but you have to remain civil, is that clear?”

"I understand, sir." Slowly, as if unsure he really wanted to do it, Peter angled his body so he could look at Jordan. Shackled, but dressed in a suit, Jordan stared at the table in front of him.

“It doesn’t surprise me you won’t look at me, Jordan. The night of the attack, you distracted me so others could jump me from behind. You were a coward then and you haven’t changed. Whether you want to or not, you have to listen to me now.

“I'll never really know why you made me the butt of your anger. Maybe it was because of my relationship with Jason, I don't know. Even that makes no sense to me, but since you won't tell me, I'm left to guess.

"Despite knowing you don't care one bit, I'm going to tell you what your attack has done to me. Even if you don't listen, you'll hear it at least."

Peter stared at Jordan, as if waiting for him to look up. Jason knew that wouldn't happen, and it didn't. Finally Peter shrugged. "The most obvious consequence is I’m no longer allowed to compete in Martial Arts tournaments. According to my doctors, the broken bones in my face and spine are at risk should I sustain a direct blow. I'll probably be able to teach again, though I doubt I'll try. I have too much anger to instill the discipline needed to be a good teacher. If you wanted to take away something dear to me, you succeeded. Thanks to you, I’ll never get the chance to compete for another State Championship.

Peter swallowed twice. He glanced toward the gallery looking sadder than Jason had seen in a long time.

"As bad as my physical injuries and the lasting effects were, the mental problems you caused me are worse. After the attack I was depressed, angry, irritable. I nearly lost Jason because of what you did to me. Despite all he did to help me recover, I nearly let my issues break us up. If that was what you wanted, you failed. We're still together and we're still happy."

Reliving that painful period, even briefly, hurt Jason and he knew what talking about it in public cost Peter.

"But it doesn't end there. Whenever Jason and I go out at night, I’m always checking to see where I am and who's around me. Where once I enjoyed going out, now I can’t relax enough to have fun. Twice I almost punched a friend who came up behind me unexpectedly. That's a direct result of your attack on me.

“I still have nightmares, the kind were I scream in my sleep. I'm still in therapy to overcome the emotional scars from the attack, and I think I've become a more callous, cynical person. The new me is not someone I like as much as the person I was before."

Peter sniffed hard, but never let his glare leave Jordan. “You don't care about me or what happened, I know that, but we both know you attacked me to get back at Jason. I'll never understand why you set out to hurt him or me, and frankly I don’t care. All I want is for this to be over and for you to go to jail, where you belong.”

Peter turned back to the Judge. “Your honor, I've given a lot of thought to what I wanted to say to you today. What I said to Jordan is the crux of the effects this assault has had on me. Now I'd like to tell you what I think should happen to Jordan Colmar.

“I know the final decision is yours. Unlike me, my family, Jason and my other friends, you don't have a personal stake in what happens today. Were I to base what I’m going to say on my emotions, I would ask you to give him every day you possibly can, but I want you to know that my words are based on more than just emotions.

“There are two things I want to address. The first is the nature of the attack. As you heard during the trial, I did nothing to provoke this attack. Jason and I avoided Jordan as best we could. I was attacked because I was gay and I was dating his onetime best friend. This was a hate crime against a gay person.

“Any sentence you hand out today will send a message to everyone who thinks it's okay to attack gay people based on our sexuality. I’m asking that you keep in mind that a lenient sentence will signal it's open season on gay men and women. A lengthy sentence will tell people you can’t hurt us without being punished in return.

“The other thing I want to tell the court is that Jordan in as unremorseful and unrepentant a person as you will ever meet. No matter what sob story he gives you, no matter how much he says he's changed when he asks you for mercy, don’t believe it. It’s all an act. He'll say or do anything to get his way. If you need proof, look no further than what he did during the trial.

“Jordan, through his high priced lawyers, attempted to save himself by attacking everyone who testified against him. First it was Officer Bennett, then Jason and to a lesser extent me. He and his lawyer tried to make it seem like everyone else was lying except him. He's the same petty, spiteful, vindictive person he was on the night I was attacked. There isn’t an ounce of remorse in him; just a self centered, ‘me first’ person who will never change.

“I don't know what the maximum penalty is, but I’m asking you to impose it. This person should never be allowed to walk freely again. He'll only hurt someone else if you give him the chance. I know what I suffered, what my family and friends had to endure, and I know how much the person I love suffered at his hands. It would be wrong to let him do it to someone else.

“Thank you.”

Jason resisted the urge to leap from his seat and smother Peter in his arms. At that moment, he couldn't have been prouder of his boyfriend. After what felt like an eternity, Peter sat next to him, allowing Jason to squeeze his hand.

Jordan was given the chance to address the court last. Although Jason heard the speech, he didn't remember much of its content. He was too focused on how Peter would react to pay closer attention. All he remembered was that Jordan continued to deny his involvement and played up how he was a good person.

The courtroom felt like it was holding its breath when Jordan sat down. Judge Milton sat quietly, his pen moving quickly across something in front of him. After he appeared to underline something twice, he put his pen down and stared at the gallery.

“Mr. Colmar,” he said, breaking the unnatural silence. “Please stand.”

Noting the dispassionate expression on the face of his one-time friend, Jason felt a pang of guilt that he didn't feel any sympathy for Jordan. To him, this person reminded him nothing of the friend he’d known as a child. The judge spoke again, drawing Jason's attention away from Jordan.

“I've had an opportunity to review the transcripts from the trial,read the letters submitted by the defense on behalf of Mr. Colmar, I've considered the statements made in court today, the sentencing memorandum submitted by both sides, and reviewed the applicable sentencing guidelines. Before I sentence you, Mr. Colmar, I want to review the factors that weighed on my decision.

“There are several principles a judge should consider when deciding on what sentence to impose. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has said I should ask myself the following questions: does the sentence act to deter future crime, both specifically as to the defendant and generally with the public at large; does the sentence punish the defendant for his crime; does the sentence act to rehabilitate the defendant; does the sentence reflect the mitigating factors, if any, presented by the defendant, and does it reflect the aggravating factors, if any?"

Judge Milton peered up from his notes and stared at the defense table. Trying to read anything from his face was impossible for Jason.

"I've carefully considered each of the questions in my decision. I'm going to address these areas in my remarks and explain why I believe the sentence I'm going to impose encompasses each of these factors."

"Mr. Colmar, I've been a judge for almost twenty years. In that time, I've been asked to sentence many defendants. Some were young, some were older; some rich, some poor. Each of these cases brought with them a unique set of facts. Each case is different, each case requires different considerations.

"Your lawyer tells me that you are a fine young man, from a good family, going to a good school. He says you have a bright future, and that this incident is totally out of character for the person who stands before me today.

"The prosecutor paints a very different picture of you, one that is not flattering in the least. The government contends you are a cold calculating, menace to society. That you are without remorse and unrepentant.

"Often times the truth lies somewhere between the two and this time is no exception. There are elements of truth in what both sides have said; you come from a good family, go to a good school and had a bright future ahead of you before this incident. You also carried out a cold, vicious attack on an innocent person and have no remorse for what you did."

Hearing this, Jason suppressed a whoop of excitement. The judge saw through Jordan's lies. Hopefully he'd give him the long jail sentence he deserved.

"In reviewing the evidence, I am in complete agreement with the jury's decision. It is my opinion that you lied multiple times in your testimony. I did not find you to be a credible witness. Your testimony, in my opinion, was a complete fabrication, one that was designed to mislead and confuse the jury.

"I also have little doubt that you and Warren Berimen conspired to commit perjury. Is my belief that, based on the evidence, you had a hand in Mr. Berimen's willful and deliberate perjury in this trial.

"The evidence of guilt was overwhelming. You, not Edward Portman, or anyone else, organized and carried out the vicious and brutal beating of Peter Gregory. The evidence was also clear that this is a hate crime. The motivation for this assault was based on Mr. Gregory's sexual orientation.

"In my time on the bench I do not believe I have ever had a defendant come before me who had less redeeming qualities than you do. As your lawyer pointed out, you come from a well-to-do family, you were attending an excellent school, and had a bright future ahead of you. There was no reason at all for you to be involved in this type of crime. You had everything going for you and you tossed it all away.

"You maintained your innocence throughout the trial, as is your right. But as I have said, in my opinion the evidence is overwhelming that you were not only guilty of this offense, but you were the most culpable of all the defendants. Without you, this attack would never have taken place. You were the instigator, the motivator, the driving force behind what happened to Peter Gregory on October 7, 2009.

“There are no mitigating factors that I can see in this case. There are several aggravating factors that weigh against you: you show no remorse, you were the one who instigated this attack, you conspired with another witness to commit perjury, and you lied on the stand.

“As has been said before, this was a brutal and senseless attack on a young man who did nothing to deserve what happened to him. I do not believe leniency would achieve any of the goals of sentencing. It would not deter you, it would not deter others, it would not serve to punish you for what you did, and it would not rehabilitate you. In short, you do not deserve leniency.

"For all these reasons I'm going to impose the following sentence. On the first count, attempted murder in the second-degree while armed, I sentence you to the required twenty to forty years in jail. On the enhancement, that this was a hate crime, I sentence you to an additional twenty to forty years to be served consecutive to any other sentence I imposed today. On the conspiracy count, I sentence you to twenty to forty years to be served consecutive to any other sentence I impose today. Because I have already sentenced you to twenty to forty years for the enhancement, I will not impose an additional enhancement on the conspiracy count. On the weapons charge, that you, or one of your co-conspirators used a deadly or dangerous weapon, I sentence you to two and a half to five years consecutive to any other sentence imposed. On the charge of possession of instruments of crime, to whit a baseball bat, I sentence you to two and a half to five years consecutive to all other sentences. It is my opinion that the other assault counts all merge for the purpose of sentencing and as such I will not impose any further sentence on the other counts.

"I take no joy in sentencing someone as young and with as much potential as you had to a minimum of sixty-five years in jail with no chance of parole. But to impose any lesser sentence would be a miscarriage of justice. It would minimize the severity of what happened, and would not reflect the complete and utter lack of remorse I have witnessed in you during these proceedings.

"Because this was a trial, I'm required to advise you that you have a right to appeal the jury's decision and my rulings to the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. Any appeal must be docketed within thirty days. If you cannot afford an attorney to file your appeal, one will be appointed to represent you."

"That is a sentence of this court." Milton nodded toward the deputies next to Jordan. "The defendant is remanded to the custody of the Sheriff for transport to the state correctional diagnostic center at Camp Hill for imposition of sentence. These proceedings are adjourned."

Jason watched the deputies lead Jordan from the courtroom. Before he left, he looked back briefly at where he and Peter sat. The urge to flip him off, wave goodbye, or give him an exaggerated smirk almost overwhelmed his good sense. In the end, he simply hugged Peter.

***

The news conference was in progress before he and Peter reached the courthouse steps. Holding Peter's hand, Jason tried to keep well away from the cameras and reporters. Martin and the District Attorney were addressing the media, allowing them to remain out of the spotlight.

"Why don't you two head out the back?" Amanda motioned with her head to the door they'd all just used. "You won't have a chance to escape the press if you wait much longer."

Peter smiled and kissed his mother. When Barbara nodded her agreement, Jason leaned in and kissed his mother's cheek. With only a quickly glance back to be sure they weren't followed, Jason let Peter lead them toward the exit in the rear of the courthouse.

"It's over." Peter sounded relieved.

"Finally." Thankful for the length of sentence, Jason didn't find the pleasure in it he anticipated. "Are you happy with the sentence?"

Peter stopped, his face scrunched up. "Happy's the wrong word. I think it was the sentence that needed to be imposed, but I'm not happy. I can't feel good that someone our age is going to spend the rest of his life in prison."

Jason nodded. "Glad I'm not the only one who feels like that." He left out his other thoughts; there'd be time for them to discuss it more later.

Peter gave him a thin smile, his body relaxing finally. "C'mon, Soccer Boy, let's get outta here."

“Mr. Gregory!” They both turned around. A tall, slightly shaggy man in black glasses and a media badge around his neck was walking toward them. Jason recognized him as the reporter from the Advocate who tried to get a story during the trial.

“Can I get a statement now?”

They exchanged questioning looks. “Why not?” Jason shrugged.

They talked about the trial and sentence for a few minutes. Just as they were about to go, the reporter asked, “So, are you two doing okay?”

Still holding hands, they smiled at each other. Jason nodded, watching Peter do the same.

"We are now," Peter said, giving the man a small wave.

Walking away, Jason realized it had been over a year since he felt things were good between them. "We are now," he whispered.

Peter turned, winked and squeezed his hand. "I love you, Jase."

Leaning closer, Jason pressed their lips together. "Good, ‘cause you know I love you."

With heartfelt thanks to Nephy for helping me avoid being too legalistic.

Hope you enjoyed this and the greater story that was Second Shot. I really would like for those who have been reading to leave me a review and give me your thoughts since this ends the Second Shot story line.

Thanks
Andy

Copyright © 2011 Andrew Q Gordon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 50
  • Love 7
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Very nice wrap up to the whole story. It was nice to see all the reasons the judge handed down the sentence he did and the fact that it is finally over for the guys. It was a long time coming and it was nice to know you didn't just gloss over the on going problems but let everyone know just how after a year there is still fall out everyone is dealing with. Great job Andy. Enjoyed both stories greatly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

everything comicfan said is they way i felt also

both stories are an excellent read often leaving a lump in my throat & a tear in my eye

very well done :-)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

A very good conclusion to a very good two part story. Although I have told you I hunger for more concerning Jason and Peter; with the way you brought their story to an end, I can happily live with this and use my own imagination to fill in the rest of their lives. I thought the way you handled the sentencing was brilliant. Awesome job Andy. I enjoyed both a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Andy, the anticipation leading to the epiloge was unbearable. I have been checking daily now for a week. As usual, you did a wonderful job. The style, the content, the right emotions came through. I had sympathy for Jordan up until this Chapter. His attorney or his family did a great diservice to him with his approach to his mitigation statement. He finally came though as being an unfeeling, unrepentant, and arrogant psychopath. I feel sorry for the lengh of the sentence, but Peter was spot on! Too lenient would open the doors for others, but the sentence give my Milton was just right to set the tone for future sentences for others. Milton's sentencing was great, and it was clear from his approach that he was expecting an appeal, and created a record to withstand the appeal. I am sad to see this come to an end. I hope you will reconsider as you sit rocking Baby Q about doing something soon to continue this story. I feel a sense of loss already. Best wishes to your family for the holidays. GR

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Justice was served!

Both in the story and as a story! Great job!

I'm glad our victims took no real joy in seeing the defendant sentenced to 65 years. It was just, but is still heartbreaking. Some young people throw their lives away in a variety of ways, but this is one of the worst. Whether its a hate crime, drugs, or just sheer stupidity, too many of our youth fail to understand that life is a gift that they should try to do something with that has a lasting positive value.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

First I want to thank you for both stories. They are great. Second Shot actually turned me into a slightly ant-social individual, because I tried to read in one go. All my surrounding got from me during reading were some hmms, uhu's and such.

The Trial of Jordan Colmar was something I want for some other stories too. You want to know, what the consequences of their actions for some people are, but it doesn't fit into the original story, so it's left out.

The 'legal-world' isn't mine (this sounds so wrong somehow), but I was never bored because of the legal-babbel or thought 'jeez what does he mean now', so no it's not too legalistic.

And this is why my stories never take place in a lab, they would be too um... sciencilistic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Truly a remarkable work, Andy! I was riveted right from the outset. The plot, the characters, the dialogue - all superlative.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow, just wow. I kind of guessed that Pete still had lingering problems from the attack, but nothing of that nature.

 

So Jordan basically gets a life sentence. Do I feel any empathy towards him? Not one freaking iota. At least he's not a child molester, so maybe, just maybe, he will survive in prison. Although I get the feeling that he will try and take his own life, rather than being someones new "boyfriend".

 

With Pete, I hope he can somehow put all of this behind him and move on with his life. Seeing as how he is so independent and strong-willed, I have faith that he can accomplish this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 01:28 AM, comicfan said:
Very nice wrap up to the whole story. It was nice to see all the reasons the judge handed down the sentence he did and the fact that it is finally over for the guys. It was a long time coming and it was nice to know you didn't just gloss over the on going problems but let everyone know just how after a year there is still fall out everyone is dealing with. Great job Andy. Enjoyed both stories greatly.
Thanks Wayne, you've been a great encouragement along the way. As for glossing over the after affects, I did try to keep this as realistic as possible so pretending they didn't exist would be wrong. Who know's if I get around to the sequel and companion case you might see if those affected either of them in the long run.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 02:16 AM, gregg said:
everything comicfan said is they way i felt also

both stories are an excellent read often leaving a lump in my throat & a tear in my eye

very well done :-)

Thanks Gregg, I appreciate the comments and am glad you enjoyed it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 02:48 AM, wonderboy56 said:
Though I am sad to see the story come to and end, I loved every second of it! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
I'm a tad sad too. Who knows maybe I'll be able to do a Mark Arbour and make this into a series/saga - err, no probably not, but I have begun, very very very minimally a sequel and a companion. Now I need time to write them.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 03:36 AM, Billy Martin said:
A very good conclusion to a very good two part story. Although I have told you I hunger for more concerning Jason and Peter; with the way you brought their story to an end, I can happily live with this and use my own imagination to fill in the rest of their lives. I thought the way you handled the sentencing was brilliant. Awesome job Andy. I enjoyed both a lot.
See the response below. But yes, that was originally how I left this, for people to image whatever they wanted after this point I suspect most have them married with kids they had through a surrogate -err wait, that's me. Anyway, feel free to dream away. :)

 

Andy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 03:49 AM, GeR said:
Andy, the anticipation leading to the epiloge was unbearable. I have been checking daily now for a week. As usual, you did a wonderful job. The style, the content, the right emotions came through. I had sympathy for Jordan up until this Chapter. His attorney or his family did a great diservice to him with his approach to his mitigation statement. He finally came though as being an unfeeling, unrepentant, and arrogant psychopath. I feel sorry for the lengh of the sentence, but Peter was spot on! Too lenient would open the doors for others, but the sentence give my Milton was just right to set the tone for future sentences for others. Milton's sentencing was great, and it was clear from his approach that he was expecting an appeal, and created a record to withstand the appeal. I am sad to see this come to an end. I hope you will reconsider as you sit rocking Baby Q about doing something soon to continue this story. I feel a sense of loss already. Best wishes to your family for the holidays. GR
GR.

 

I did say I'd post this Sunday, why were you checking? Did you think I'd post it early :huh: Oops, wait, I did post it a day early, never mind. One not on Mitigation. Since he took the case to trial, he maintained his innocence so he couldn't accept responsibility or even apologize for the attack. To do so would be an admission and would make any appeal almost pointless as the admission could be used at the re-trial if one was granted. Milton, to me, is almost the ideal judge - what, did you think a life long prosecutor was going to want a softie? :P

 

See below response on the possibility of a sequel/companion.

 

Andy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 04:42 AM, Daddydavek said:
Justice was served!

Both in the story and as a story! Great job!

I'm glad our victims took no real joy in seeing the defendant sentenced to 65 years. It was just, but is still heartbreaking. Some young people throw their lives away in a variety of ways, but this is one of the worst. Whether its a hate crime, drugs, or just sheer stupidity, too many of our youth fail to understand that life is a gift that they should try to do something with that has a lasting positive value.

Thanks Dave,

 

I admit I tried to help you out by posting a day early so I could free up your Sunday - you did say you'd be waiting for it so this was a way to get it out of the way to enjoy the rest of your weekend. :P

 

As for neither of the 'boys' finding joy in the verdict, I think it would be out of character for both to be elated. So that's how I wrote them.

 

Thanks for all the help, encouragement and dare I say prodding, along the way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 04:48 AM, aditus said:
First I want to thank you for both stories. They are great. Second Shot actually turned me into a slightly ant-social individual, because I tried to read in one go. All my surrounding got from me during reading were some hmms, uhu's and such.

The Trial of Jordan Colmar was something I want for some other stories too. You want to know, what the consequences of their actions for some people are, but it doesn't fit into the original story, so it's left out.

The 'legal-world' isn't mine (this sounds so wrong somehow), but I was never bored because of the legal-babbel or thought 'jeez what does he mean now', so no it's not too legalistic.

And this is why my stories never take place in a lab, they would be too um... sciencilistic.

You are welcome, but eek, please don't give me too much credit for the anti-social behaviors, I don't need angry friends at my door . :P

 

If the story wasn't too legalistic, that was in large part due to Nephy's help. She was very good at pointing out things that might be too technical.

 

As for this being an 'add on' , Originally I was going to make this part the end, but it 'felt' better ending Second Shot where I did and doing the trial separate. It also let me write it from the prosecutor's POV so that added some depth to the story that writing it from Jason's POV wouldn't. But yes, I agree, there are stories that I wish I could get the author to write a companion story about a sub plot that doesn't get resolved in the story itself.

 

Andy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 05:17 AM, Conner said:
Truly a remarkable work, Andy! I was riveted right from the outset. The plot, the characters, the dialogue - all superlative.
Conner,

 

You are too kind. But I'll take the compliments anyway :P

 

Thanks for your feed back, you are a true undiscovered treasure on GA.

 

Andy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 06:01 AM, TrevorTime said:
Wow, just wow. I kind of guessed that Pete still had lingering problems from the attack, but nothing of that nature.

 

So Jordan basically gets a life sentence. Do I feel any empathy towards him? Not one freaking iota. At least he's not a child molester, so maybe, just maybe, he will survive in prison. Although I get the feeling that he will try and take his own life, rather than being someones new "boyfriend".

 

With Pete, I hope he can somehow put all of this behind him and move on with his life. Seeing as how he is so independent and strong-willed, I have faith that he can accomplish this.

Trevor,

 

I hope you didn't think Peter would just wake up and it would all be better. As or Jordan, yeah he got the life sentence. What happens to him in prison is something I gave no real thought to, though I think he is too much a coward to kill himself. Who knows.

 

As for Peter, well no comments in case I write the sequel :P

 

Andy

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Darn it - a train ride into San Francisco, walk down the Embarcadero (to show the kids the Occupy SF camp) and BART ride out to Milbrae followed by a two mile walk to the hotel all meant I didn't get to read this wonderful end to a wonderful story. Great Job! (oh and some of us might have enjoyed the extra legalism, but it was still good!)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

It was an excellent story. The only thing I would have liked different . . a paragraph about Colmar's new cell mate and BOYFRIEND -- Bruiser, a tough BDSM master with 13" of super-cock. sword.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Dear Andy,

It is hard to grast that this is the end - I have taken great joy in both Second shot and The trial. I wasn't aware of the fact that victims were allowed to speak directly before sentencing, in my country that task is assigned to a special lawyer representing the victim. As I have said on many occations, I have grown very fond of Jason and Peter, and if you find the inspiration to write more, I'll be first in line to read it! So many loose ends or what? Grandma and Granpa Henry, Deans fate, Peter and Jasons careers, what happens to Blake? The reason all these questions emerge is because you write the story so very believable.

Enjoy your paternity leave, I'm just waiting to see what Quonus10 will publish next time.

K

Norway

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 01:24 PM, dkstories said:
Darn it - a train ride into San Francisco, walk down the Embarcadero (to show the kids the Occupy SF camp) and BART ride out to Milbrae followed by a two mile walk to the hotel all meant I didn't get to read this wonderful end to a wonderful story. Great Job! (oh and some of us might have enjoyed the extra legalism, but it was still good!)
Dan,

 

Sounds like you had an adventure of your own yesterday :)

 

As for more legalism? Meh, even I find it boring, can't image having to write about it too. :P

 

Thanks for reading and for your comments.

 

Andy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2011 10:27 PM, B G said:
It was an excellent story. The only thing I would have liked different . . a paragraph about Colmar's new cell mate and BOYFRIEND -- Bruiser, a tough BDSM master with 13" of super-cock. sword.gif
Thanks BG -

 

As for the extra Paragraph, feel free to write and post it in my forum under the Trial of Jordan Topic - Be interesting to see what someone else has in mind for Second Shot's villain. :whistle:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/21/2011 12:00 AM, kkdc said:
Dear Andy,

It is hard to grast that this is the end - I have taken great joy in both Second shot and The trial. I wasn't aware of the fact that victims were allowed to speak directly before sentencing, in my country that task is assigned to a special lawyer representing the victim. As I have said on many occations, I have grown very fond of Jason and Peter, and if you find the inspiration to write more, I'll be first in line to read it! So many loose ends or what? Grandma and Granpa Henry, Deans fate, Peter and Jasons careers, what happens to Blake? The reason all these questions emerge is because you write the story so very believable.

Enjoy your paternity leave, I'm just waiting to see what Quonus10 will publish next time.

K

Norway

Thanks so much for all the comments - yeah it is a bit hard to put them to rest too, but I have so much else I want to write about - but I also have thought about what's next for so many of the players. Time, time, time. If I had more of it, I'd write more :P

 

Don't fret, I suspect soon enough I'll return to Graydon and the characters spawned here. Just might take a bit of doing.

 

Andy

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Andy

 

I finally got to finish reading this and i must say i enjoyed it. First off, i actually enjoyed the legalize lol. I figured it was appropriate since you were telling the story from the pov of the prosecution. I feel like i learned a lot from reading this as to how to do a trial. For example i didn't know victims were allowed to give a statement before sentencing i will have to keep that in mind :)

back to you though, i am glad that Jordan got what he deserved, especially since he tried to lie his way out of it. Glad to see Pete and Jason are doing well too. My only complaint is that i wish there had been more Jase and pete. i definitely enjoyed them in second shot and its sad to see the story come to an end. Its rewarding though too and i think you should be proud. thanks for the great story

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..