Jump to content
    asamvav111
  • Author
  • 636 Words
  • 679 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Subversive - A Collection of Poetry - 8. Les petits enfers

Les Petits Enfers

 

It was attraction
They told me, when he yelled at me.
He hurt me often, as he saw fit.
"It was fine", they told me. "Just letting off a little steam."

He had some problems at work. He never told me exactly what.

 


When I caught him cheating with another girl, younger, much lovelier than me, they told me to keep mum. "Men are not meant to be monogamous. Besides what will you do if he marries her." I know Al Kuran Majid gives me rights in this matter, but in this world of faithless men, can I exercise those rights?


If I was asked what I wanted to be when I was younger, I would have told them, I wanted to be a teacher. In my village there are no schools. They are all farmers. But, the soil is infertile. So, nothing grows without backbreaking labour. My father had so many mouths to feed. He was a sorry man. Sorry Man. So, he sold me to this man who sold me to another man who sold me to another man who sold me to another man... They never asked me what I wanted to be.


My peers at college taught me, jealousy is a sign of deep affection. So, I was okay with him getting jealous every now and then. He loved me. Then, his love deepened even more. And before I know it, he started getting jealous all the time. Like when I talked to another man in the market, at the elevator, in bookstores, in restaurants, at the office, at our door, in my family gatherings, over phone... And he used to tell me how ugly I look when I try to seduce them. And then he would rape me, hurt me, tear my clothes, burn my skin so no other man may ever find me attractive. He loved me so much, that even though I was an ugly scarred whore, he still didn't leave me.


Even though we are supposed to be equal in every way, the long slogans and rallies and Gay is Okay, he still treated me like his wife. Not the endearing part of course. He did what he saw his father do to his mother, who did as he saw his father do to his mother, who did as he saw his father do to his mother, who did as he saw his... I was ashamed an' shamed every living moment I spent with him. He loved to do that. He corrected me every time because I wasn't masculine enough for him. Every time we went out, ate dinner, walked in the park, rode trains and boats and cars and buses and planes, every time we fucked, he admonished me for not being man enough. But, he loved me so much.


I was five when my mom died. My father worked hard to pay the bills. So, I took care of him. I took care of the household, fed my young sister, fed the little fishies in the tank, did my homeworks in time, washed the dishes. My father drank sometimes. He would come back late and get in my bed and... First time it hurt a lot, I couldn't shit for a month. Then, it got easier. Nowadays he gets drunk a lot. I thought of telling my school nurse when the bruise won't go away one-time. But, if my friends gotta knew, they'd think I am a dirty faggot. I am no fag. Trust me I like girls. You believe me, right?


Hell is little pieces of us stuck in the past, unable to progress forward. Forever stuck in an infinity loop, ignoring the present. Hell is where all hope is lost.


27/04/17

I hope you enjoyed the poem. You can share your thoughts in the comments below.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Lots of Love.
Copyright © 2017 asamvav111; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Not so sure what to make of these.. they sounds like voices of people who escaped abuse or maybe haven't. They sound like rants of the damned.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Such terrible pain, such sad episodes, and every one of them sounds so true, so real. These are cries of the heart, stories of the soul; tim's phrase 'rants of the damned' is apt. Searing and unsparing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Not so sure what to make of these.. they sounds like voices of people who escaped abuse or maybe haven't. They sound like rants of the damned.

 

7 hours ago, Lux Apollo said:

All too painful.

 

7 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Such terrible pain, such sad episodes, and every one of them sounds so true, so real. These are cries of the heart, stories of the soul; tim's phrase 'rants of the damned' is apt. Searing and unsparing.

Thank you for reading. Yes, they are all separate episodes of various degrees of abuse. Little infernos I call them. They are not rants per se. But, something more organic, something that has almost become a part of who they are, these abuses have. There are some gross infractions but some are rather subtle. Misogyny and Xenophobia is one of the later for example. I wanted to explore the psychological canvass behind these. These glimpses of Jigoku  are creations of our very own. A series of infinity loops.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..