Jump to content
    BarricadeBoy
  • Author
  • 2,763 Words
  • 1,606 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hot Wheels - 11. Wildest Dreams

Andrew and Everett return back to college with more baggage than what they expected...

Last night was the most...

I didn't know how to continue that sentence. I never thought that I would ever know the loving of a man. I never thought I would be in the middle of something so precious, even if it was spoiled at the very last minute.

I didn't know how to look Daniel in the eye, or Everett. He felt guilty. He felt that he made me do something I didn't want to. He's wrong about that, I wanted it; I needed it.

It was Sunday morning and I was sitting in the lounge. Everett's parents took him to the local physician after he told them an altered story of how his legs moved.

I stayed at home because I had to pack. We we're leaving as soon as they got back.

"Daydreaming about last night?" Daniel said as he came downstairs. "What? Cat got your tongue?"

I was unable to speak because I saw the image Everett standing in front of me, but it was Daniel.

"Your hair," I said.

"Yeah, I thought I'd go back," he replied.

I thought for a moment before asking him, "Back?"

"I was a dirty blonde too. When I hit my teens, everybody compared me to my brother so I changed my hair color."

"You look just like him," I said in awe.

"Well there is a difference. I can walk."

I found his statement rather crude, and I turned my back on him.

"You know, I've been thinking. I wanna start my life and stop my descent into nothingness. I was hoping maybe I could go with you and my brother. Maybe get into that college of yours."

"Yeah," I said, feeling creeped out.

"I think that's them," he said.

I ran to the front door and met Everett, who looked so confident that I immediately knew the doctor had given him good news.

"Doctor said it's gonna take time, but he is positive..." was all I allowed him to say before I dropped to my knees and hugged him.

"Oh, dear God." That was Everett's mother's reaction when she saw me embracing her son so lovingly. That and the shock of Daniel's new old hair colour seemed to topple her over the edge.

"Mom, Dad. I need to talk to you about something," the standing brother said.

"Not now Dan, help us pack the boys' things into the car," his dad told him.

"Wait! It'll only take a minute!"

"Then, we'll talk about it when we get back."

I guess he gave in. Pouty-mouthed, he loaded some extra clothing of Everett's into the car. We left with twice the amount of stuff we came with, which was nothing.

The journey was a dismal one. I sat in the back with Everett to my left and Daniel to my right. Everett was reading a paper outlining his injuries and how he could make a speedy recovery. I caught a peek at Daniel's phone and he was on our college website.

But it wasn't as innocent as it looked. He was reading an article about the rugby team. He stared at the picture of one of the players. He brought the screen closer to his face. I leaned my head back, as if I was stretching.

I saw a picture of Marco posing for the camera. For a minute, I thought Daniel was enticed by it.

An hour later, I felt the car come to a stop. I opened my eyes and got a weird sensation. I had fallen asleep on Daniel's shoulder and Everett didn't even notice.

"Help me out, sweetie," Everett said, as he slid to the side of the car door.

"Everett!" his mom yelled from the front seat, upset about her son's affections towards me.

"It's OK. Remember, I'm out now...I think," he said, giggling.

We all got out and Everett's parents said their goodbyes.

"And try to not be too... "

"Just be yourself," Everett's dad interrupted his wife.

"I want to stay." Daniel surprised us all. "I want to stay and live a little."

"You can't stay. Only students can live on campus," his father told him bluntly.

"It's OK dad. I think he has a point, I think this environment would do him good." Everett tried to convince his father. "We'll take care of him."

"I don't know if this is a good idea... "

Daniel looked pissed off when he heard his mother trying to discourage his dad. "Mom! I'm staying, OK?"

"But your stuff is back home," she said.

"Ah-ah," Daniel replied as he walked to the back of the car. "I brought some stuff." He smirked at her.

"Go, we'll be fine," Everett said trying to get rid of his parents. They got in the car and drove off. I think Everett's dad wanted to get away before Daniel changed his mind.

"First we need to get you a motel or something. How long are you planning to stay?"

"Jeesh bro, chill! I want to check out the place for a while."

I was standing between them, feeling like a dummy so I decided to intervene. "You can hang around tomorrow. Right now getting you settled is the most important."

"Ah, he speaks!" Daniel said with a little too much attitude.

"Where do they keep the rugby team?" he said looking around.

"They aren't 'kept' anywhere; since when are you interested in rugby?" Everett asked, confused.

Daniel didn't answer. He went off walking while his brother confirmed him a room at a nearby motel.

"Why isn't he back yet?" Everett asked after he hung up.

"Just let him be. Campus security will catch him," I joked.

"That isn't funny Andrew," he replied, but I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

I took Everett to his room and unpacked his stuff. He didn't ask me to help him get on his bed. He didn't have to, but I enjoyed doing it for him. Obviously he felt a little energized after what transpired over the weekend.

"I have some studies to do," he said flipping open his laptop. "Please find my brother and tell him to go check in. Love yoooooooouuuuuuu."

I couldn't help but feel like Everett was trying to get rid off me too.

When I got back to my room I was greeted by a surprise. Marco was lying on his bed, wearing white shorts and a white tank top with green stripes. The outfit was topped of with a pair of white socks. His one leg was raised and my eyes wondered into the dark opening leading up into his shorts. I didn't see anything. But I think he saw my wandering eyes.

I turned my back to him as I started unpacking my clothes on my bed. I jumped when I felt his hand on my back.

I turned around with my face inches from his. He took his headphones off and held them close to my ears.

"These songs are yours," he said in a quiet voice. His emerald green eyes were piercing and seductively fixed on mine. "I kinda like the band."

"You took my CD?" I asked in an uncomfortable tone.

He moved closer to me, placing his arm around my waist a bit too tight. He moved in for a kiss and I didn't hesitate to push him away.

At that moment my door swung open.

"HELLOOO Andrew!" Daniel said, but he kept walking right passed me.

"Who the hell is this?" Marco asked.

"Oh!" I said. "Fire, meet gasoline."

"Andrew??? I asked, who the hell is this?" Marco yelled for a second time.

"Oh! Uhm... Marco this is Daniel, Everett's brother," I said, snapping back to reality.

"Nice to meet you," Daniel said a bit too friendly.

Marco looked at me confused. "Yeah..."

"So Marco," Daniel said, with his back now to me. "What's it like sharing your room with a gay guy? Does it bother you that he likes guys?"

Something told me that wasn't the real question Daniel wanted to ask.

"He's OK," Marco replied. I must say he was quite uncomfortable looking, something I'm not used to seeing.

"I have to go. Uhm, happy family reunion or whatever," he said as he put on a pair of sneakers and left.

"You're reckless," I accused Daniel.

"Andrew please, I know you and Marco were getting it on before I busted in here; you're the reckless one."

"Nothing happened. He keeps coming onto me, but I feel nothing for him. He is bad news. I don't know what you want from him, but stay away," I said pleadingly.

Daniel got his motel information from me and left without saying a word.

Something inside of me was boiling. Part of me felt angry at Everett for the way he had treated me in his room, but something else told me that I should understand that the prospect of him getting his legs working again might be overwhelming for him.

Something else much worse lurked in the back of my mind too, and that the thought of Daniel with Marco. God knows what a dangerous combination they could make.

The next day I decided to meet up with Everett before class. His roommate told me that he left early.

I had a few minutes before class and I tried to find Everett, but I couldn't. Just as the bell rang I caught a glimpse of him. He was alone on the basketball court playing by himself. I decided it best to leave him alone.

I got to my first class; it was packed and I was late. The lecturer was nowhere to be seen and a fellow student took advantage of this.

"Maybe you aught to lay off of the hair gel and make-up, fancy pants," he yelled out at me. The response he got was a few snickers, and I myself wanted to laugh. I wasn't wearing any hair gel, make-up, or fancy clothing.

I sat down in the front row and immediately felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi. I'm Tara, as you can see!" she said pointing to the nametag placed on her chest. "I thought this was a smart idea!" she said whipping her blond hair out of her face.

"Soooooooooooo. Is it true that you're going out with Everett?" she asked chewing on her bubblegum.

I turned my back and looked at the whiteboard.
"I wonder if his jaw get sore, being such a cocksucker like that," I heard the same guy saying from a few rows up. This one got more reactions: more shocked "Oooooooo's" than the usual laughter.

I felt like I was at sea with a dozen sharks serounding me, trying to lock into me with their sharp teeth. Trying rip away from me the last bit of privacy I was desperately trying to hold on, but even I knew, if the sharks don't get to you, the merky depths will.

"Alright that's enough," a voice said emerging from behind a cabinet in the corner of the class. The guy who had mocked me ducked down in his seat. I knew this because I heard an "Oh Shit!" from the area behind me and turned to see who had said it.

"Apologies for starting my class late on my first day, I was prepping myself back there. Also, I got me some peaches," the man said as he stood behind his desk placing two of them on it.

"I am Mr. Benson, and I'll be filling in for the next couple of months or so...Mrs. Gregson is a bit occupied and I hope the pregnancy goes well, because – God I need the money." He immediately placed his hand over his mouth. "Oh no, I didn't just say that!"

The class burst out in laughter, but the new lecturer smiled awkwardly for revealing something so personal about his colleague.

The rest of the class ran smoothly. After an hour, we began to pack up, and Mr. Benson leaned against the front of his desk watching us leave.

"You, sit down!" he said, scaring me.

When the last student left, he closed the door.

"Sorry sir, I have a class."

"No, you don't. Besides I won't keep you long."

I sat down in my chair and he sat at his desk. Talking to him with such a large space between us felt weird.

"I am sorry I didn't come to your defense when that Neanderthal made fun of you."

"Nah, it's OK," I lied.

"Well, with that said, please don't feel you have to endure it. I'll make sure he gets the proper punishment next time."

"Next time?" I said. "Thank you, sir. Can I leave now?"

He got up, bringing one of the peaches over to my desk.

"Care for one?" he asked. "You look like a boy who loves peaches."

"Sure...." I said as I took it from his hand. Mr. Benson then took my bag and handed it to me after I got up.

"Chin up boy," he said, and I swear he winked at me.

I walked out of the class and I could feel his eyes still locked on me as I left.

Did my new lecturer just hit on me?

No he didn't.


I had in fact experience a rather nasty dream, but it might actually be a blessing in disguise. That would have been one terrible class to sit through!

As I got ready, I recollected my memory of the previous day. Even a bat could see that Daniel was interested in Marco. Which is great. That'll distract Marco and he'll get off of my case.

But I'm afraid I can't let that happen. Dan is Everett's brother and I couldn't let him get hurt by Marco. I couldn't allow him to walk into this trap for my own selfish reasons.

There was something more important though; Everett. This whole time I have been thinking about me.

I had to find him and make him believe again. I had to make sure that I make him believe that I want to be a passenger on the journey that is Everett finding his foothold again.

 

I stepped out onto the basketball court, and sure as daylight, he was playing by himself just as I had dreamt.

"Do you remember the first time I caught one of your basketballs?" I asked as I walked up to him from behind.

"Well actually, it kind of bounced off your ass..." he said smiling.

"I haven't been a very good boyfriend to you," I confessed. My arms felt numb. Was the weight too much for me? Could I truly stand next to Everett with his condition? Would I be able to handle any disappointments his injuries could bring him?

Everett's expression went from happy to concerned. "Why do you say that?"

"I, just want, you to know that..."

I was mid-sentence and I didn't know what more to say. I think I broke a sweat.

"You can tell me anything, Andy."

The look on his face broke my heart. He was preparing for the worst.

"I love you and I will stand by you no matter how your life turns out."

I think I went a bit overboard when I fell to my knees in front of him once again.

I stammered on, "Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would meet such a perfect human being. This doesn't happen very often. I never get what I - "

"Awww honey, what's the matter?" Everett had cut me off but he was back to being playful and positive.

"I want to be your anchor... When you feel like your life is going too fast, just call my name and I'll slow it down for you."

"With a blowjob?.... Ahhhhhhhhh, I know. I know, hehe, that wasn't the best joke to make while you're like this... I Love you too...so, can I show you something?"

I nodded 'Yes' and Everett pushed his wheelchair back. For a moment I stared at him. His eyes were fixed on his shoes.

"Everett?" I asked confused.

He didn't answer me. Then out of nowhere, his foot fell from the resting place the wheelchair provided for his feet to the ground.

"I did that. I'm starting to regain movement. I can move my feet by will."

I looked up at Everett, his blue eyes were now filled with tears. We didn't speak. We just stared and touched each other. We had to disconnect in order to reconnect once again.



I know I took long to update but hopefully now I can roll out chapters more regularly wink.png
BarricadeBoy
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

"Fire, meet gasoline." This is a really pivotal chapter; Andrew is feeling a bunch of stuff, and it manifested his unease in a creepy dream sequence – but it seemed to snap him out of and make him realize Everett's emotions at this time are more important than his own.

 

AND THEN, lol, you have Marco and Daniel – fire, meet gasoline. POW, what can happen between those two 'Str8' guys…ummmmmm, time will tell huh.

 

You ended the chapter on one most heartfelt and significantly romantic sections in the whole book so far. Andrew and Everett met on the basketball court after all, so it's only fitting that they reconfirm a deep and abiding love for one another right on the same spot. I hope you have something special planned to make this upcoming Valentine's Day something memorable for the boys and for us readers.

 

Well done! I can't wait for the next installment!

Link to comment

AC is right--the chapter's end is moving, dramatic, and hits all the right notes. And, talk about changes ahead...he's moving on his own!

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Link to comment
On 01/17/2015 11:46 AM, Robert Rex said:
AC is right--the chapter's end is moving, dramatic, and hits all the right notes. And, talk about changes ahead...he's moving on his own!

Looking forward to the next chapter!

always nice to meet new readers- thanks for reading :)
Link to comment
On 01/17/2015 11:46 AM, Robert Rex said:
AC is right--the chapter's end is moving, dramatic, and hits all the right notes. And, talk about changes ahead...he's moving on his own!

Looking forward to the next chapter!

always nice to meet new readers- thanks for reading :)
Link to comment
On 01/17/2015 11:09 AM, AC Benus said:
"Fire, meet gasoline." This is a really pivotal chapter; Andrew is feeling a bunch of stuff, and it manifested his unease in a creepy dream sequence – but it seemed to snap him out of and make him realize Everett's emotions at this time are more important than his own.

 

AND THEN, lol, you have Marco and Daniel – fire, meet gasoline. POW, what can happen between those two 'Str8' guys…ummmmmm, time will tell huh.

 

You ended the chapter on one most heartfelt and significantly romantic sections in the whole book so far. Andrew and Everett met on the basketball court after all, so it's only fitting that they reconfirm a deep and abiding love for one another right on the same spot. I hope you have something special planned to make this upcoming Valentine's Day something memorable for the boys and for us readers.

 

Well done! I can't wait for the next installment!

you have a way of making my work feel somewhat epic when I see a little story... thank you for all the support Al
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..